Submit

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:56 am
"Are you trying to say he's deformed and its my fault?!" Kamiki snorted, stomping her front hoof on the ground. She sneered, but Azure put his foot out in front of her, stilling her, asking her with his eyes to calm down.

"I know of many flutters who cross breed and I've never seen anything like this. Sometimes the Great Mother works in mysterious ways, Balrog."

Kamiki nodded sharply. "Look at Nimbus! And Spellbound! And you occuse me of not properly caring for my babies?!"

At this point Stormwild stepped up by Balrog and gave him a pointed look. "For whatever reason he is how he is," she said, in her calming voice. "He looks strong, healthy. Balrog, even if he cannot take to air he would not be the first. He can run under Sequoyah's sector."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:30 pm
Nimbus ducked his head down a little in fright as the angry protector eyed him. He was scared of this quarrel. It seemed pointless to Nimbus. He couldn't see what was wrong with brother, Sumi-e. He wasn't lethal and that was okay, right?

He heard Dad talk calmly towards the protector. Stormwild and mom seem to be accepting brother, even though he cannot 'take air'. Nimbus felt like he was the heart of the problem. If he hadn't gotten Mom's wings, Sumi-e might have gotten those features and been accepted by this stallion. He looked down at the grass as he continued to listen to the argument of these adults.

PandaLily

Hygienic Hunter

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:51 pm
Balrog puffed up to the angry parents and leveled a smouldering stare at the gathering. "Yes. Mysterious ways." Balrog responded with dripping sarcasm.
"Regardless of how the foal wound up the way he is, if he does not learn to fly then he is not a part of my herd. Stormwild, your heart is too soft to allow such ground-bound soquili to associate with us. They may share our land, but they are NOT under my protection, nor will I give them a moment's thought if the need ever comes for our herd to take to the skies!"

Balrog seethed. Why was it that this herd, this proud herd that was finally being built in HIS vision, the vision of a proud, strong herd that was not hindered by the flightless, where they could truly have the freedom to move, without the weakness or responsibility to look after the flightless.

"I do not like the trends that are happening. I welcome strong new blood to the herd to only find more soft hearts. Does no one care for the strength of our herd? Of our future?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:34 am
Kamiki smoldered angrily at Balrog, pushing Sumi-e back behind her, but she did not argue. He was the Protector, and it was not her right to say what could or couldn't be done.

Stormwild, however, narrowed her eyes disapprovingly at Balrog. "That's what Sequoyah is for, Balrog, to lead where you lack the ability to," she sighed.

She turned her back on Balrog and back to Kamiki. "My eldest son Sequoyah will watch after him. He will be under his Protection, as he watches the few of our family who are ground-bound, so Balrog would not have to feel responsible for them," she paused and gathered her center, not wanting to get in an argument with Balrog, especially in front of the new recruits. "But it is a privilege. Sumi cannot bring his un-wiged future mate or children into the herd if they can not fly. But of course those will not be issues you will have to discuss with him for quite some time. And he will have to grow up strong, you understand. If it was... a birth defect..."

Kamiki opened her mouth to argue, but was cut off by a warning look from the Alpha. "IF it was a birth defect, it will hopefully not effect his legs. Sequoyah will help build him strong, able to quickly maneuver the steep mountains."

Kamiki and Azure exchanged glances. Azure looked meek and a bit disappointed, but Kamiki was still breathing hard, trying to keep her temper in check. She looked down at her son and saw no weakness in him. She didn't understand at all why he was how he was, but he was not a defect as far as she was concerned. But they were Alpha and Protector, and she really ought to be thankful that they weren't kicking him out altogether. "I understand," she said with metered breath.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

PandaLily

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:26 pm
Nimbus watched as the 'battle' went on with retorts from the protector and from his mom. He wanted to talk back to the stallion to stop talking about his brother that way but mother had already given in and Stormwild had given sumi-e under this 'Sequoyah'. He felt the need to run. He trotted off a little ways, waving his tail hoping his brother, Spellbound would see.

'come, come~ Let's play!' Nimbus called with his tail to Spellbound. The blue and white foal walked off to inspect bugs or see how high they could try flying to.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:04 pm
Balrog stood tall to the anger that flashed in Kamiki's eyes.

"I am sure that the standards of Sequoyah's herd will allow for the little mutant." Balrog agreed dryly. In his mind, Sequoyah ran a separate herd all his own that just happened to overlap in territory. He shared no love for the stallion, and the fact that he was Stormwild's progeny bore him no favors. If anything, he was a continual reminder of the mare's good genes wasted.

"I hope for your son's sake that it was only his wings and.... eyes.... that were affected by the defect." Balrog took a deep breath, eyes flicking to the other two colts.

"At least... your other two children are fine young colts.... and they are welcome among my herd." Balrog continued adding a note of charity to the violet mare.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:05 am
Spellbound was staring at his mother, nervously shuffling his hooves until Nimbus caught his attention. He looked quickly between his mother and Nimbus, and then to Balrog. The large stallion intimidated him, and he didn’t like to see his mother upset. Perhaps playing with Nimbus was a good idea, and leave the arguing to the grown-ups.

Kamiki still glowered, sheltering Sumi-e in the cage of her legs. The little colt seemed unphased by the hard words. He silently stared up at Balrog with no fear or intimidating showing through his red eyes. He didn’t move at all, except for the lazy twitch of his straw-like tail.

Kamiki didn’t acknowledge the ‘benevolent’ welcome. She gave a curt nod and turned her back. Azure joined by her side, calling for Nimbus and Spellbound to join them as they made their way back towards the thicket.

Stormwild also gave Balrog a very disappointed look, sighing heavily and going back to find where she had left Mahi to play in the river, leaving Balrog standing alone in the clearing.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:43 pm
Nimbus looked a little dissatisfied as his dad had called him towards him and mom. "we'd better go." Nimbus whispered in his small voice. He slowly walked on his thin legs towards his father who lead them somewhere. "Father, where are we going?" He asked softly in a louder voice than a whisper, still constantly looking back to wait for Spellbound to come with them.

PandaLily

Hygienic Hunter

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:42 am
The conversation was over as far as Balrog was concerned. Perhaps it wasn't a total waste. After all, Kamiki and Azure had produced two fine children. The third, however....

WHY was he the only one who seemed to see the problem? It was maddening. He needed to clear his head, get away from this for a while.

With barely a grunt of "I'm going on patrol" to Stormwild, Balrog took to the winds, determined to let the embrace of the sky that Sumi-e would never know help him deal with his ire.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 pm
Kamiki
For Everything There is a Season...

User ImageStormwild never liked to show weakness. She was Alpha, there was simply no room for it. Alphas had to be strong, no matter what. It was their life, their job, their duty to be strong for everyone in their herd. She rarely found herself overly emotional. Motherly and protective, but rare feeling just so… defeated. And lonely. Balrog used to think she was strong and beautiful. Now, she was nothing but weak. How could a herd survive if she was weak? That not even her Protector saw her fit to reign?

The snow was thick and the air biting as she soared up the mountains. She wanted to be alone for a little while. Just wanted to be in a place where she could be weak and no one would see. No one would care. The trees slept lifeless in the winter, and snow would not spill her secrets. When the wind got too cold to bare she landed on the icy rocks and found a small cave to break the wind. She curled in tight, using her wings to shield her, and began to cry.

She lost track of time. The tears eventually subsided, leaving frozen frost on her cheeks. However over the wind the sound of hoof steps in snow could be heard when the wind died down, and Stormwild stood up, just as her son Sequoyah appeared out of the snowy mist. “What are you doing up here?” she asked, amazed.

He stood in the misty mountain air, his hair whipping behind him in the wind. Towering over Stormwild as she lay in the snow, she was visibly taken aback by his presence. He was not a feeble little foal, desperate for his mother’s love and affection. Though he had been grown for quite a while, this was the first time Stormwild had ever viewed him as a formidable stallion. His breath was heavy from the mountainous climb, puffs of mist like smoke out of a dragon’s mouth. Nothing about him seemed young, meek. Years of disapproval, concern, unfaltering love, and desperate affection creased around his eyes as he looked down at her.

Alternatively, Sequoyah never saw Stormwild looking so weak. Hiding, curled up hidden from the world, the remnants of her tears frozen in pearls in her long mane. This is why he came. The Stormwild he knew was dying, and that pained him. He often wondered if Stormwild seemed so much more powerful and majestic when he was younger because she was, or because he was weaker before? A child looking up at his mother, infallible. But in his heart, he knew the answer. There was a poison in Stormwild, and it was killing her. Well, perhaps not a poison, but two elements that’s bonded to form one. He knew his mother loved Balrog, and Seqouyah knew that as long as he and Balrog were in the same herd, she was dying. That’s why he made his decision.

“I’m leaving,” he said simply.

Stormwild made it quickly to her feet, tossing her long mane out of her face against the hard wind. “What do you mean you’re leaving,” she said, her uneasiness rising.

”You’ve raised me well,” Sequoyah continued, with a sad smile. “But its time. I can’t be the wedge that’s forming between you and your mate. I won’t allow it anymore. Xandir and I… we will be taking Sumi-e and Dahlia.” He hesitated for a moment, for he didn’t know exactly what he planned on doing. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to start his own herd or not, but he would continue to watch over his wards as best he could. “Your goals and your family are conflicting interests. You’re too strong to be this conflicted.”

Stormwild was shocked, so many emotions and images running throughUser Image her head. She took a step towards Sequoyah, her eyes pleading and begging him to stay where his voice failed her. But Sequoyah turned his head and shook it mournfully. “You know I have to do this.”

Storm lowered her head. “I feel like I’ve failed you,” she finally whispered.

Sequoya took a shuddering frozen breath. “You raised me to be strong, and how to make the hard decisions. I’ve been raised for this moment, mother. We will be leaving the mountain tomorrow morning.” With nothing else to say, he slowly turned and started the laborious journey back down the snowy mountain.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:56 pm
Sabin Duvert
Stormy Skies
Balrog and Stormwild have a conversation long-coming: regarding the leaving of their herd by the non-winged soquili, and Balrog's mating with Anemone
Soquili Involved:Stormwild & Balrog

User ImageBalrog knew that the conversation that he was flying towards would not be an easy one. He had just seen to Anemone, making sure that she was comfortable, sheltered, and hand plenty of food and crisp, cool water available to her. It was the traditional birthing grounds of his herd, and it had seen to many happy mothers and healthy foals. And of course the shaman Kamiki Ahawi lived nearby and wove expert baskets to protect the helpless foals when they were born.

Stormwild, however, was not yet aware of the newest mare on herdgrounds. And who was carrying his foals. It was his right, after all - he should not be concerned with what she thought. He was a stallion, and Anemone a powerful alicorn mare. They would make fine, strong foals. And it would be for the greater good of their herd. He knew Stormwild would not see it that way.

The dark mare was not difficult to find. He knew her well and the places that she tended to roost. With powerful wingstrokes, he climbed to the peak and set down next to her. The serious expression on his face was enough to say that this was no casual social visit.

"We must speak, Stormwild." He began simply.

Stormwild rose to her feet at Balrog's approach, having her own things to speak about with him as well. She had been extremely lonesome the past few days, with both Sequoyah and Balrog gone from her company. Though her relationship with the stallion had been rocky at best since Kamiki dropped the strange white wingless foal. Their last argument had gotten so far under her skin it had driven Sequoyah away.

However, while it pained her, she understood Sequoyah's decision. He knew she loved Balrog, and as long as he stood as part of the herd, in blatant defiance of Balrog's ideals and goals, it would continue to tear Stormwild in two. He left to give his mother a chance for peace, and Storm felt a small glimmer of optimism as Balrog approached - the first she had felt in quite a while.

Though his stern expression gave her pause for thought. She shrugged it off: he didn't know about Sequoyah yet. "Yes we do," she said back. "There is much to speak about."

Indeed, Balrog was not aware of the circumstances that had caused those soquili whom was driving a wedge between Balrog and the herd to leave. He had seen them as a continual example of Stormwild's indescretion and proof of his weakness and lack of control of the herd. Balrog had a deep seeded hatred for those without wings, although he never talked about the events that had planted those seeds. But the fact that Stormwild was undermining him, allowing them to stay, even considering them a separate, but still existant part of THEIR herd... it infuriated him. And it had ultimately driven him to Anemone.

"There is a new mare that will be staying with us. Her name is Anemone... and... like Kamiki she is one of the rare winged unicorns..." Why was this difficult for him to say? Unfortunately, for all of Balrog's bluster, it had been some time since the last confrontation, and for all he had held onto that anger, that passion with Anemone, looking at Stormwild's gentle face and shapely curves... it seemed to fizzle into ... guilt.

"She is with foal.."

Stormwild blinked at surprise, but pleasantly so. "Oh?" she asked, peering over her shoulder and wondering why Balrog did not bring the mare to introduce. She was the alpha after all. "And her mate? Will he be joining us as well? It seems unlike you to allow a mare with questionable heritage, as Kamiki showed us even two winged Soq might spawn a surprise. I will not allow you to lull a poor mare into a false sense of security just to throw her new foals into the snow to freeze." There was a bit of coldness in her voice, knowing full well that Balrog would have done that with Sumi-e had he been given the chance.

She she forced herself to calm. Sequoyah was watching over the young stallion now, and he would be fine.

Balrog's stony expression with uncharacteristically dartin eyes seemed to indicate before he even opened his mouth that there was more to this story, and likely a narrative that Stormwild was not about to like.

His throaty rumble of a voice tried to hide Balrog's guilt as he began to speak again. "Her mate is a fine stallion." His posture straightened. "and their foals shall be strong and winged. The likes of which this herd needs more of." Balrog decided to switch to the offensive.

"Anemone understands my vision and shares the common sense that ground soquili are weak, that they only would slow us down, and that such fine blood should not be mingled with them. Like me, she understands that those weak have no place among a true airborn herd and it is not our responsibility to coddle them. That is why our foals will be strong."

"Belle and Zhuri are breeding again," Stormwild interjected defensively when he said the herd needed "strong and winged" new members. "So that will be well."

But as Balrog continued, Stormwild's expression grew darker. His little trot-around-the-bush didn't last long at least, and Stormwild felt her ire down in her hooves, causing her whole body to shake. "You're foals?? You have mated with another?" Her eyes flashed in a fury not often seen in the normally gentle mare. "You would cross your own Alpha?! How dare you! And you bring her here? To mylands?" She stopped the ground angrily. "Where is she? She will leave this land immediately or Gods help me she will die trying."

Despite Stormwild's fury, Balrog's temper was a force to be reckoned with as well. With each declaration, Balrog's ire turned stormier. "I am a stallion, and the head male of this herd. The herd I was in before it was the DUTY of the strongest male to pass along his genes to multiple mares. These are MY lands as much as they are yours. And you have crossed me time and time again. You know my sentiments on the ground-bound and yet you have contradicted me both to my face and in front of my herd in allowing their presence. It is insufferable! You have tried to emasculate me!" His temper was flaring, and in his anger, Balrog certainly exemplified his firey namesake. How dare she try to pull rank of all things on him? HE was the strength of this herd.

"I put the strength of this herd and the strength of future foals above all else. You repeatedly seem to be incapable of understanding that. In allowing or - heavens above - encouraging the weak to be a part of our herd, it weakens us. A herd is only as strong as its weakest link." This was the fire that had fueled Balrog's decision and empathy with Anemone in the first place.

User Image "I will not tolerate a Protector who does not respect his alpha! You constantly belittle me and my offspring - you talk down to me, you do not treat me as a true Protector would! There are my lands, I was here first. I told you from the beginning I would not make a herd with you if you did not accept my offspring as part of it."

She blinked back tears of anger as she stomped the ground hard. "And now you insult me such as this? Are the foals you made with me not good enough for you? I have sacrificed everything for you, Balrog," she screamed. "You took my child away from me!! And I tolerated it... because it was you would want. Are you too blind to see what you are doing to me?"

Balrog's ears pressed flat against his skull, and his nostrils flared, showing a smoldering red. "And I Said from the begining that it was my vision to create a herd that was truly airborn. That I would not tolerate otherwise! And not only was there your first son - from a different stallion!! - but there were other examples time and time again."

"The foals I made with you are fine and strong - Maelstrom and Cataclysm are noble mares and understand the tenants of our herd. And I took no child away from you - that... thing that you "adopted" was unfit for land, let alone the skies. You refused to leave its ... shell with a more suitable parent, raising it under my nose and flaunting it to me. Then you contradict me in front of new members of the herd."

"If my b*****d children were not good enough for the herd then yours are not, either!" She stood up close to him, chest to chest, not an ounce of fear in her stance. "As for Mahi I could not just dump it off, it has been entrusted to me. But I found it a home in the sea - still obviously not good enough for you, you 'perfect' specimin. You can't just stop at not mingling blood - you would not be happy unless you only associate with those you feel are 'worthy.' By the Heavens I hope the Gods punish your arrogance!"

She turned her back sharply, pawing the ground aggitated. "But they are all gone. I sacrificed everything for you, only to be thanked by this." Her head and ears lowered in sorrow as she remembered Sequoyah dissapearing into the billow of snow that day on the mountain.

"The only reason your first children were not good enough was because you bred with a ground-bound stallion! It did not bother me that you had a mate before me! Nor would I wish to banish you or your foals if you were to mate with one after me if he was of the skies! It is our responsibility to see our blood breeds true, that our herd remain strong and unfettered by those without the skies. So we can migrate, protect our mares and foals. Our herd has yet to see the day where it reaches its potential - and it shall be a glorious thing!"

At her mention, however, of both having left, Balrog paused. "All gone?" His fervor lessened into a look of momentary confusion. "What do you mean all gone? Last I flew these skies, Sequoyah and Kamiki's twisted offspring still grazed on these lands..."

"So you would feel nothing if I just off'd and mated with another?" She snorted indignantly and tossed her mane, giving him a disgusted look.

She stuck her nose up in the breeze has his tone finally acknowledged her words. "No longer," she sneered. "They are no longer a part of our lands, can't you see? Are you happy? Sequoyah took Sumi-e and Dahlia with him, and Xandir left on his trail. In respect to your 'wishes'.. and out of love for me."

She looked nothing but sad again, sighing heavily. "See what you could possibly accomplish if you just talked to me instead of belittling me all the time?"

"That is not what I said." Balrog scowled. "But I would not demand that they or you leave. My first duty is to my breed and my herd." Balrog rumbled.

Balrog, in truth, did feel a warming sense of relief at hearing of the departure of those Soquili that he could barely stand thier presence on his land. That meant that he had a herd had truely, finally, and for the FIRST time in his life, fit Balrog's idea of a perfect herd. To Balrog, this is what he had striven for all of his life. It felt strange to be standing there, knowing that it had happened - and without even his awareness until now. It was a pity about Xandir leaving - he was a fine wind soquili, but perhaps it was worth the loss of the rest. It had been that frustration, that emasculated feel of not having control of his herd, that had driven him to Anemone. Balrog stood there silently for a moment - a strange mix of accomplishment and regret. Had he known Stormwild would have conceded to his desires, he likely would have not found company in Anemone.

"Why did you not tell me this sooner? Why were you not willing to agree with me until now? You fought me tooth and hoof all the way - disagreed with my vision, kept adding new members to this herd that were not blessed with wings, and refusing to send them out? It was this that rankled me - and I have 'talked' with you time and again. Only to find argument. You know it to be the truth."

"Yes, Balrog _ I refused to send them to their death. Because I'm better than that. I am not going to wrench a newborn foal from a proud mother to let the snow take him. I am not a monster. I am strong, and I will use my strength where it is needed."

She sighed. "Are you so heartless that you cannot see that I loved my son? Are you such a monstracity that you do not care for anyone but you and your 'vision?' It was unfair to make me choose between you and my own blood, Balrog. But I did..."

"It has been years since Sequoyah was a foal. And it was your decision to accept the shell instead of find it a better mother while you were still by the sea." Balrog insisted. "It is a mistake to use your strength for others. It only makes them dependant and weakens you for having to exert yourself for them. Instead of bending our knees to coddle the weaklings, we should be strong, among our own kind! This is the first time - ever that our herd has been united. That our herd can meet its potential. We have had this argument for years, Stormwild. Did you not think that I would reach a breaking point at some point, either??"

"Sequoyah did not stop being my son, just because he grew up, Balrog. That is what you do not understand. When have I ever showed weakness? Your arguments would hold a lot more merit if you actually had proof that I ever failed you. Not even you, Balrog, can make a perfect herd. You drove off your own son with crazy ideals. And now you've driven off Sequoyah and Xandir. Elk left some time ago. The herd may be united but its come at quite a cost!"

She gave a heavy sigh and shook out her mane, her expression softening alittle. "I just wish you'd see that I'm not weak, no matter how much you claim I am. And I have weathered much to stay here with you."

Balrog's ears were still pinned back during the chastizement of his heartlessness. "We shall see what becomes of us now." He rumbled, not wanting to admit he was wrong, but his arguments begining to lessen. "For the first time, we are all skyborne, and I do think that we will all be the stronger for it, with less conflict among us." Even if it was he that made for most of the conflict... No, don't let her get into your mind like that...

Balrog snorted, swished his tail and looked over Stormwild again. She looked weary, but her strength still showed through - her coal fur and striking purple markings standing out stunningly against the snow. "You... are not weak, Stormwild. Soft-hearted, yes. But you have been strong." It was, in Balrog's mind, a huge step towards concession.

Stormwild was supringly comforted by his words. Regardless of who was right and who was wrong, having Sequoyah in her heard was nothing than an infectious sore. That's what Sequoyah saw, and that why he knew he had to leave. It wasn't like he was dead, he just wasn't part of her herd anymore. Actually, Storm was so proud of how she had raised him she wouldn't be surprised if he alpha'd his own herd. She even dared to hope that now, perhaps, she could have a more healthy relationship with both Sequoyah and Balrog.

"I will not fail you," she said softly, feeling herself welling up again and wishing the feeling away. She had to be strong, now more than ever, especially with Balrog's new offspring on the way. The thought of him with another mare made her temperature still rise, but perhaps she wouldn't kill her just yet. Not until the foals were born, at least.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:53 pm
Sabin Duvert
Like a ... Butterfly to the Flame?
Soquili Involved: Megaera and Azure

User Image It was uncommon for Megaera to be off on her own without either one or both of her sisters, or at least one of her adoptive family. while Tisiphone was technically living with the human shaman, Kamiki, the distance between her and Sabin's teepees was not far - especially for a soquili with wings. And as soon as Megaera had learned to take flight with her big batlike wings, she had begun to wander farther and farther. It had started with more frequent visits to Tisiphone. Alecto wasn't gifted with her wings, and Tisiphone's wings were underdeveloped.

Anju had been a good father, at least in Megaera's eyes. He had been forthright with the fact that she and her sister were adopted, and she appreciated the honesty. She had visited Brigitte's stomping grounds once - the old gravesite. The mad look in her biological mother's eyes and absolutely no recognition had been disturbing, although Megaera would never admit to such a week feeling. But it was enough to give her appreciation of her situation. She had not spoken of it to anyone since then, and never returned.

Anju had been a good teacher, if cold and sometimes snappy at times. But the fact that he had taken them in, showed them how to hunt, how to be strong, that was enough for Megaera to know. Her older "brother", Taraxippus had looked out for them when Anju was away, and for all intensive purposes was a lot like Anju, but more prone to conversation. He made it very evident to Megaera and her sisters that he would look out for them, and to let him know if they were in trouble.

Her 'sister',Arcana, was odd. Even Megaera could see (and Megaera usually left it to her sisters to do most of the thinkin between the three of them) that Arcana was nervous around her. That she seemed out of place amidst their little herd. Unfortunately, Arcana was the only other one gifted with flight, and she had no desire to really take her flights with the strange, sparkly bug-winged filly.

Then there was Sabin's horse (as in her eyes he was barely more than a common domesticated animal, Nodin and the little dog-like usdia that stayed in or around the teepee. Megaera rarely ever spoke to them, and usually it was only to let them know that they were in the way.
So today was the first time that she had decided to fly in a bit of a different direction. Usually going to visit Tisiphone was excuse enough to take to the skies. But today she didn't want an excuse. She wanted to feel the wind

Azure and Narcissus perched in a tree on the mountainside, sniffing around for what was left on the tree's winter brances and talking about their lives which, as normal, revolved around mares and conquests. As he had been older, Azure was started to realize that he was growing a bit tired of 'the game' but this fact was something he was not ready to admit to Narci. Narci seemed as spry and adventerous as ever, constantly teasing Azure about his family and his old 'ball and chain.'

It hit close to home with Azure, because in all honestly he was rather happy with his new herd and new family. Kamiki was not his lifemate, but they were awesome friends which, in his mind, made them amazing parents. There was no tension, no jealousy, and he was free to come and go as he pleased. Which was odd, because the more Kamiki seemed to allow him his freesome the more he found himself content to stick around the mountains with his lovely children. Kamiki was blissfully happy being a mother and Azure was enjoying this time being a father.

But everytime he was with Narci he felt that little pull of the 'single life' again. After all, he had no real reason why he couldn't have a little escapade now and then... Kamiki gave him the green light, and this children were young mares and stallions themselves now.

Narci had been much less of a 'father' figure. He knew of his children, Nymph especially seemed to take the most after him as far as personality. He was friendly with them and all, but Viola had the lion's share of the parenting duty. He was already ready to get back in the game, and he was bound and determined to bring Azure with him.

"Look at that," Narci said, nodding a bit in the distance at the firey mare flying about the mountainside. "That's new. She's hot," Narci laughed loudly at his own pun, rustling the brances.

Azure gave a polite chuckle himself, watching her. "I think she's related to that boney filly that Kamiki keeps. At least I think I've seen them around together. She's got wings like a kalona... but she's not nearly as mean. At least from what I've seen."

"Got a crush?"

Azure gave Narci and incredulous look. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me"

"YOu're insane."

"You're in denial."

"Never. I just said she wasn't nasty like a kalona. She's hardly Miss Buttercup."

"So you're saying she's beyond you?" Narci smirked and raised an eyebrow.

Azure's eyes narrowed. "That's not what I said."

Narci laughed. "Of course it is. You're past your prime. Five children, a mate.."

" - Kamiki is not my mate!"

"Who have you been with since her then?" Narci countered, a challenging look in his eye.

Azure snorted.

"See? You couldn't do it if you tried."

Azure puffed up his chest. "That's not true!"

"Proove it!"

"Fine!"

And so it started... Azure left the branch, caught a nice updraft, and began to flutter towards the firey mare in a lazy, looping manner, letting the sun catch his wings in just the right angle, making flashes of ligh dance across her black coat.

Running into another soquili durin her flight had never entered Megaera's mind. She was able to just clear her head, feel the wind streaming through her firey mane and tail, leaving a small smoky stream behind her.

Then, something caught her eye - a flash of light, a glimmer of blue, and Megaera turned her attention, snapping back to the world as she saw a dark soquili with such vivid blue accents. Her first thought was a frustrated one. What did Arcana want? Couldn't she see that she had wanted to be left alone? Why on earth would the flighty filly even come to look for her. Maybe... something was wrong? The thought was enough to get her to slow and wheel closer to see what she wanted. But as she got close, the differences became apparent. No silvery horn topped the soquili's head, and it was certainly no filly! No, he was a small black stallion accented with large, irridecent bug-wings.

Megaera raised a skeptical brow as she was now within hearing range. And, bluntly, she called out to him, "Who are you? What do you want?"

"I'm sorry," Azure purred, letting the gruff greeting roll off his back. "I didn't mean to disturb you. To be honest, from a distance I thought you might be a damsel in distress! A poor mare caught on fire... looks like I was mistaken.."

He flew a bit closer, tossing his mane in the breeze. "But now I see you're hardly in distress... but still a damsel if you don't mind me saying."

Megaera was skeptical. This little blue stallion certainly was talking to her oddly.She had encountered strange soquili from time to time, though most of them kept their distance - perhaps conveniently wandering in the opposite direction. It didn't really bother Megaera. In fact, it tended to make her feel more confident, more powerful. This outgoing, friendly stranger left Megaera at somewhat of a loss. She wasn't quite as good with clever words as Alecto.

"No, I have no problem." She said with a toss of her made, "I like the fire. It keeps me warm on such a cold day. And keeps unwanted soquili away." She gave Azure a look - not viscious exactly. More rueful. "Usually, at least."

"Are you one of those bug-soquili?" She asked with a look to his wings. "My step sister has wings like you."

User Image "Indeed, us Flutter's have a hard time in winter sometimes, being we fly our best when its warm. It would be nice to have much a mane and tail on such these winters days. It's very striking."

Azure gave a jokingly insulted expression. "Miss, are you saying I'm unwanted? Certainly I'm just a knight trying to save a princess..." he gave her a friendly playful wink.

"As for bug-soquili, if you mean 'Flutter' Soquili then you are correct. The Gods blessed us with wings as beautiful as those of a butterfly. Did you know that butterflies carry the spirits of the dead to the heavens?"

Others had called Megaera many things before. But 'princess' was certainly never among them. It made her feel weird. Not.... bad... just odd. He liked her firey mane and tail? Maybe... maybe he wasn't completely unwanted.

"Spirits of the dead?" She asked. She wasn't quite sure if he was joking or not. She had seen a few butterflies when she was younger, and before the cold chased them off. They seemed so silly to her - flitting about. Much like her step-sister. But carrying spirits of the dead? That sounded much less frivolous. Kind of interesting in fact. "You sure about that?" Megaera's attitude seemed to be shiftin to the playboy flutter. More curious. Her wingflaps were matching his speed now, soarin along easily beside him.

Azure gave a confident nod. "Spirits are very fragile, you see, and light as air. The Eagles were the first that the Gods entrusted them with, but their claws and fast speeds tore the spirits right up. So the Gods transferred the torch to the butterflies. That's why its bad luck to remove their wings or step on them. Not even the frogs generally will eat them."

He gave her a warm smile and a wink.

Megaera listened to the story quietly, then, at the conclusion, gave a considering snort. "Butterflies carrying the dead." She echoed, thinking of how she had singed a few of the bugs with menacing grins at Arcana when she was little. "Then who carries them?" She gave a bemused whinny.

"So what is it that you want, butterfly? To tell me stories?"

"Other butterflies, I suppose," he said with a smile. "Would be a sad day that all the butterflies dissapear.

Azure circled around her again with a chuckle. "If thats what you want, I could tell you stories all day. Unless there's something else you'd rather do? I'd hate to keep you from something important, pyre princess."

"Nothing important." Megaera commented between wingbeats. She glanced downward, mildly surprised at how unfamiliar the terrain had become. She hadn't been paying much attention to where she was going as she was chatting with this stallion, and she had never been this far from home before.

A small frown tugged at her face as she looked over the identical snow-covered plains, and identical snow-covered copses of trees.

"Do you have a name, butterfly?" Megaera asked, blunt as always, but her gaze focused on the ground below, a furrow on her brow.

"Of course, how could I have been so rude? My name is Azure... like the clear blue sky itself."

He followed her gaze and took note. "And you, little fire filly? What of your name?"

"Azure." She repeated, but it sounded much less graceful in her mouth. Blunter and cruder.

She paused a few moments, and then, as if realizing there was something she ought to say only then. "Megaera." She paused again. "Like the vengeful Fury." She grinned at that, the contrast between the meanings of their names. Who was named after something as silly as a color? Her name had strength and meaning. Her adopted father had told her about it.

She looked down at the unfamiliar terrain again, worry written plainly on her face as she wheeled a bit to head back in the vague direction that she had come from. Maybe it would start to look familiar again... but from up here it certainly all looked so similar.

Azure blinked at her name, or how she said it perhaps, but kept his smile pristine as ever. "Megaera, how graceful! Your parents must have been fond of stories also!" Or your mother was very vengeful against an unwanted pregnancy, he thought to himself. Azure's gaze followed back down to the terrain and back up again. "Lost, little Fury?" he asked with soft, concerned voice.

Graceful? She lifted her head again from her downward peering to meet the little stallion's eyes again. That had never been a word she heard associated with her name before. There was a lot of things very different about this soquili from any other she had met. She wasn't yet sure if that was precisely a good thing or not, however. "My adopted father likes stories, I think. My mother...." She trailed off. This wasn't his business, anyway.

At his inquiry, she took the opportunity to change the subject. "Everything is all so white down there. It all looks the same. I don't usually fly out this far."

Azure knew better than to probe where he is not wanted, so he let the conversation about her mother peter off... for now at least. "Did your father name you, then? I must like his tastes."

Azure looked down and circled around Megaera in a large loop. "Don't fret, little Fury. I will get you home safety. But perhaps we should give our wings a rest for a few minutes, and let us enjoy the sky from a more grounded location. I could use a drink, or bit of snow." He let his eyes trail down Megaera's leg, purposely letting his eyes linger. "Must be nice to have warm feet, even in the deep snow." What a good excuse to walk closer.

"Yes, My father gave me and my sisters our names." She looked back to him considering for a moment. Well. At least HE knew where he was going. She just didn't like having to depend on this flitty little stallion to get her home. The suggestion to take a pause for a while, however, was not a bad one. She could use something to drink and to rest her wings.

So with a silent nod and a grin that signaled that Azure was about to see just how nice they were, she began a slow spirial down to the ground. When her firey hooves hit the snow, the hissing of melting and steaming snow filled the crisp air. She shook her wings and folded them by her side, and waiting a moment as some of the snow around her began to melt.

Azure followed her down, giving an approving nod as the steam came up. It was warm and pleasant, and Azure made sure he stood close... it was cold after all. "Ah, you have sisters, too? Are they all as lovely as you?" he asked, letting his front shoulder brush carefully against her own fur.

Megaera snorted again, but this time there was a ghost of a smile on her muzzle. "We're all distinctive." She responded. She thought that that was a good thing. Sometimes she was envious of her Alecto's horns, or Tisiphone's bony limbs. But they were all different and all had their strengths and weaknesses that played well off of each other.

She paused to lean down and take a drink from some of the water that had pooled around her hooves and then looked back up to Azure. "You go flying out here a lot, then? What is it that you look for?"

"You all must come from good stock," he whinnied and tossed his mane again. "May I?" he asked, nodding to the melted pool.

"I just go flying a lot in general," he responded after a moment of thought. "Its a trait of us 'bug' Soquili," he said with a teasing smile, "to go out and look for beauty."

He paused just a moment. "I usually find it, too," he said with a pointed look at Megaera.

Megaera blinked and then looked down at the water, feeling warmer than usual after the compliment that didn't pass over her head. It was strange. So much strangeness about this one. "You... you may drink." She nodded to the water.

"And Father says that we come from fine stock." She continued, feeling strangely awkward. Despite Megaera's bluntness and spooky nature, she was still a young mare, and only a part Kalona. When apart from her sisters, she always felt more vulnerable, and never really sure what she was to do in confusing situations like this.

She took a few steps in the direction that they had come from, leaving watery holes where she stepped in the snow. In the cold weather, the heat from her fire was more subdued - and felt almost pleasant to be next to.

Azure took a drink of water, nodding his thanks to her. He followed alongside her, staying close, just close enough that his mane would brush along her neck, his hips would occasionally bump hers, and his wings would flutter up and down, almost carassing her back and leathery wings as they lay tucked by her side.

"If your father expecting you home so soon?" he asked, his voice dropping into a low, almost purring sound.

Megaera glanced over frequently as they walked. He was touching her. She narrowed her eyes and pursued her lips, but she didn't say anything or move to stop him. It felt interesting. The touch of his wings was light, almost tickling.

"No. He lets us come and go as we please." She responded.

Azure's smile spread. A nagging part of his brain told him he should just walk her home. Leave her wanting more, ya know? She was young, obviously, but her unfamiliarity with the someone as charming and seducting as Azure was written plain on her face. It was a new expeirence for her, and that peaked Azure's personality. Had she been a normal young filly, she would be a melting pile of goo by now, Azure thought to himself, but be it as it may...she was at least part Kalona, just enough to make her... different.

A challenge.

Azure nodded. "That's good," he purred, slowly nudging her, leading her to a more wooded, private area. "There's no need to hurry, I'm quite enjoying your company."

"You like being around me?" There was a hint of incredulity in her voice as she squinted at him and cocked her head before giving it a shake.

She walked along side him, letting him lead the way and hoping that he really did know where he was going. She kept her wings in close against her body as they walked amidst the trees. "Why?" She finally asked.

"Of course I like being around you!" Azure flattered. "Doesn't everybody? You're captivating... beautiful, in a dark and almost dangerous kind of way. Doesn't everyone find this captivating about you."

Azure looked up, scanning the trees for the evergreens. He led her over into the shade of a thicket, the needle-like branches offering a bit of protection from the wind. Azure was amused of the eeiry glow the thicket had thanks to Meg's fire.

"No. No one has ever said something like that before." Megaera responded, surprised to hear herself say it. She paused, lookin at the flickerin light playing over the green of the trees.

"Are we close to where we are going?" She asked, feeling that strange, feeling again. It was like being nervous, but why on earth would she be nervous about such a small, silly stallion?

"I think so," Azure said with a demure smile. Here was a good of a place as any. It was secluded, blocked from the harsh wind...quiet. And getting warmer by the second. He gentle leaned over and nuzzled the soft fur on her cheek, carefully gaging her reaction.

Megaera was surprised herself when she felt her body freeze in surprise. She wansn't one to normally just freeze in an unfamiliar situation. her sisters were usually there and they helped her understand the right course of action. And normally, the only situations that might cause her discomfort was with a predator like a mountain lion... or an aggressive soquili - and with those cases the problem was easily solved with a flaming hoof to a sensitive spot.

"What... are you doing?" She asked, but the voice was low, almost a whisper.

"Just getting comfortable," he whispered back, running his chin down the curve of her neck. "Why don't we just relax for a while and enjoy ourselves? Really just... enjoy each other's company?"

She looked at him oddly, not quite sure what he was implying. "all... right.." She drew out slowly, keeping still but not backing away either.

Azure whispered some comforting nothings in her ear and coaxed her closer to the tree. He thought there was something beautifully ironic that this firey mare had such a heart of ice. But if he had any say in the matter, he would be melting that before the night was over.

User Image

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:54 pm
Sabin Duvert
Life & Choices
RP between Balrog, Anemone, & Stormwild

RP Located HERE

User Image

The pains had started earlier, but as the night grew on into the lights of sunrise, she knew she was in full blown labor. Her sides heaved as she whined softly, oh she'd known pain but this was something else.

She fanned herself with her wings as she panted, where was Balrog? She thought as she looked around. They were coming, and no one not even she was about to stop them, she had nested a nice little patch of heaven for herself in their foaling grounds. She glanced around once more, before calling out for him.."Balrog..." She pinned her ears back as another wave of pain stabbed her sides.

Oh yes, they were coming with great need to be free..She was so proud already.

Balrog heard Anemone's voice clear on the still winter morning. It had been a cold, cloudless night. The air was still and even small noises carried far. The entire mountain seemed to be holding its breath, waiting for something to occur.

Balrog lifted his head and pricked his ears. He heard her voice, strained, scared. And he knew what time it was. The sleep washed away from him as if he had been doused with a bucket of cold water. He was on his feet and flying towards the mare.

She wasn't far - the foaling grounds were in the middle of the territory - sheltered and protected by ridges. An oasis among the rocks that was very difficult to get to on foot.

"Anemone!" He breathed as he landed. He could see her panting, sweating despite the cold. "Is it time? Shall I fetch the shaman??"

As he landed, she felt a bit more at ease. With a nod of her head she let a small smile crack through as she gritted through the pain, "Yes its time.." She lowered her head and rubbed her muzzle against the side of her hooves as another contraction raced through her.

"Please fetch the shaman...N-nothing can happen to them." She was worried that she'd mess up somehow. New to the whole birthing process, she'd heard stories of mares getting up and racing away through the pair, their foal dangling to their death. She didnt want that to happen..

She wished silently that her father was there, but Balrog would have most likely protested to the unicorn being on his lands.

Balrog gave her a reassuring nuzzle. Despite the drama with her and StormWild, Balrog was brimming with pride. His foals were coming.

"You are strong, Anemone. You will be a fantastic mother for our children. And you will make it through this." His voice was its familiar rumble, but thick with reassurance.

He paused for a moment more, poised, wings open as he looked over the birthing mare before taking to the skies again. Kamiki Ahawi's teepee was close - and the proximity to their foaling grounds was no accident. She had assisted more than one mare of his herd through the grueling process that Balrog could barely stand to watch. And her baskets were always expertly woven, and not once had they lost a foal due to an improper basket.

The stallion arrived at the edge of her teepee, not minding the noisy touchdown with his hurry, and began pawing at the flap of the teepee, whinnying insistantly.

Kamiki heard the deep rumble of the black stallion outside her teepee. She had seen the new swollen mares around the land and made her plans accordingly. She called a reassurance to Balrog and swiftly retrieved the three baskets she had prepared. She gave them a quick once-over to make sure everything was good and exited the teepee, placing a reassuring hand on his neck.

In the distance, as they left, Stormwild peered out from her thicket next to the teepee. Her ears folded back against her head, she watched her beloved Balrog lead her away. Against her better judgement, she followed several lengths behind.

Balrog tossed his head, obviously anxious, but not trying to shake Kamiki's hand from his neck. He nosed her, encouraging her to walk quickly by his side as he began to lead her towards the foaling grounds, despite the fact that she had visited many times before. In his haste, Balrog was oblivious to the shadow that followed behind them.

It took a while longer longer to get back to Anemone than it did to travel to the shaman's teepee now that Balrog was walking. It reminded him, in the corner of his mind, how pitiful the groundbound soquili were - having to walk everywhere, move slowly, navigating steep passes or thick woods. This was not the way of those who ruled the skies.

Eventually, the woods opened up again to the foaling grounds and Balrog nosed Kamiki forward before joining Anemone to see how she was doing.

Anemone hadnt ever really dealt with humans before, her father had a favored human but Anemone hadnt really decided what she thought or felt for them.

Seeing the young woman with Balrog eased her mind a little, though her ears perked forward as her bright eyes danced with a mingle of excitement and pain. There were two new scents, Anemones eyes darted away from the woman shifting to the shadows, she wasnt sure who was out there, she let out a snort as she shifted.

Pain. By the gods was it annoying and humbling at the same time she thought, as she took a deep breath. "Shes safe?" she asked Balrog, her voice strong.

She was ready, more along the lines they were ready.

Balrog took his place by Anemone's side, shifting uncomfortably from hoof to hoof. He never liked watching his part. Seeing the mares in this amount of discomfort, and there being nothing that he could do. They also tended to be moody and snappy during the process.

He nodded to Anemone. "She is safe. She has helped our herd many times before. Her medicine is strong." And more importantly, this woman had never tried to take or break any of the soquili of his herd. He had seen some around her teepee, but they were there willingly, unchained or tethered like some he had seen around villages when he had flown over. She respected the soquili but did not interfere unless her presence was sought for the pregnant or birthing mares.

Kamiki made her way over to the panting mare, dipping a blanket into a pot of water and placing it over her neck. Labor was always a tricky thing, sometimes taking only minutes and others it was hours on end. She sat down and made herself as comfortable as she good, chanting comforting prayers to Anemone and setting out the baskets around her. She gave a worried look out into the woods near the clearing, knowing who was there, watching.

It was a straining few hours later, that three foals laid nestled in three little baskets by their mothers side. She was tired as she continued to nose, and nuzzle them proudly, her body was a bit weak from the onslaught of pain that the trio had been hell bent on causing her upon their arrival to the world.

With a huff of hair, she blew at her jagged bangs and sent a smile at Balrog. "Well, it seems we've furthered the cause, 3 times more.." She gave a slight dark laugh as she curled her lions tail around the baskets, the third and unknown scent still kept her on edge, her eyes darting into the shadows, a snort echoing out.

"Suppose I should linger much longer..Im sure your mate isnt pleased by this.." She smiled a bit but then took a breath and eyed the shaman slowly, she was greatful to the young woman. She reached out and nose her hand a bit, she was a bit reserved about humans.

Balrog was fixated on Anemone during the process, and was unaware of the other presence that lingered behind the treeline, even when the presence drifted away sometime after the birthing.

Balrog leaned down and nuzzled at the baskets proudly. Three foals. Anemone was a strong mother and had endured the birthing, and bore him three fine children. The shaman even seemed to think that they might all be sons, though it was too premature to know for certain at this point.

"You were very strong and brave, Anemone. Three foals!" His chest puffed out.

"And... why wouldn't you wish to stay here?" Balrog was caught offguard by Anemone's darkness. Certainly, Stormwild was not fond of this mare, to put it lightly. But she was the mother of his foals now. And they were the start of a new generation.

"Aye, three foals...such beautiful strong spirits.." She fussed a bit over the baskets tenderly as any mother would. Keeping herself close to them, spring was peeking out, but winters chill was still clutched to the land.

She looked to Balrog fondly with a smile, "We both know it would be best if I didnt stay. Im willing to become a mother for the greater good, but Im not the kind of girl that lingers were shes not wanted." She teased him a bit with a grin.

Nosing a basket that seemed to hold her striped markings she could feel the strong will and firey spirit within, she looked to Balrog. "I think it would be best if one stayed with you, to further the cause here.." She nodded her head. "And the other two helped the cause with me, out there.." She tossed her mane.

Balrog clenched his teeth, his jaw muscles bulging. He was obviously not happy with Anemone's announcement. "You should stay." He pressed. "I have the strength to look over you. To look over our sons." However, despite the fact that he pronounced these words, there was a tone to his rumbling voice that seemed to indicate that he already knew that he had lost the argument. Anemone knew she wasn't wanted. Balrog knew that as long as she was here, that Stormwild would be upset. And he DID care about the mare. she HAD given up a lot for him. Their last argument still stung him.

He heaved a sigh, rustling his wings.

"Anemone, you know I can't make you stay. I would very much like for you to. You impress me. You have such a vibrancy, such a spirit. And I am sure that our sons will carry that spirit with them. I would love to see you soaring with our herd and realizing our dream alongside me."

Balrog's nose rubbed gently against the firey basket that she had offered him. "He shall know strength... and a loving father."

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:55 pm
Sabin Duvert
I'm going to KILL him!!
Soquili Involved: Megaera, Azure and Kamiki

User Image
Megaera's wings pumped furiously as she tore into the skies with vengeance on her mind. That b*****d. That .. scrawny little BUG! How could she let him do that to her?!
Her mane and tail burned even brighter than normal as she scoured the skies, looking for the telltale flash of blue. He had to be around here somewhere. And she wouldn't rest until she found him!!

Azure was up on the mountainside, kicking through the snow to expose the little bit of grass that was left under the blanket of white. He munched lazily, shivering every few minutes, shaking the new snow flakes out of his manes and tossing them off his wings.

She had been flying for nearly an hour when finally the bright flash of blue against the stark snow caught her eye. However, Megaera's anger had not slackened in the least. If anything the burning in her muscles as she fought to stay airborne despite her added weight had just added fuel to her fury.

With a snort, and a quick decline, Megaera made a bee-line for the little flutter-stallion. Azure could feel a sudden warmpth behind his back as the mare touched down, and then a thud and a hiss as her burning hooves began to melt the snow.

"YOU!!" She bellowed.

Azure spun around mid-chew, backpeddling at the rage eminating off the mare. His sapphire eyes widened as he saw the look in her face. He opened his mouth, but her name had temporarily escaped him, leaving him just staring, jaw-slacked.

"YOU!" She repeated, this time it trailing off into more of a growl. It was very apparent right now just how much kalona blood this mare had flowing through her veins.
"You did THIS to me!!" Her tail lashed and her swollen belly was quite apparent. "You used me!" She screeched.

Azure just stuttered and shook his head flabberghasted, having no idea why she was so angry. She didn't seem like the kind of mare that would be angry that he never came to call on her again...

But them his eyes fianlly fell to her belly, the fire from her tail relecting the light off her coal fur to accentuate the swelling. The look of fear flashed across his features and his eyes dragged back up to her eyes. "Oh no..."
"Oh No is right." She seethed and strode purposefully towards him with hatred in her eyes. Megaera was aptly named, and she was about to prove it. There were times for words, and right now was not one of them.

She sprung towards him, hooves lashing out, right towards the sensitive spot on a stallion that her sisters had told her about.

Azure turned and tried to run, unfortunatly just giving Megaera better access to the objects of her disdain. A firey hoof made connection, causing the stallion to cry out in pain, joints weakening and he toppled over in the snow. He rolled on his back, futilly kicking up his hooves and pleading with her to stop

Megaera's smile turned sinister as her red-hot hoof connected with Azure's sensitive stallion-bits. It was a good kick - and from what she knew, if she hit him right, she might just ensure that he never took advantage of another mare again. However, the Fury's rage was not exactly settled with a kick. She reared, and went to strike at him again with her hooves.

Azure closed his eyes and flailed blinding, his size shrinking as he tried to make himself a harder-to-hit- target. His small legs might have blocked a few of her kicks, but there was little the small stallion could do to fight back against the vengeful mare.

A shadow passed overhead and finally a lilac mare landed, putting herself right beween Azure and Megaera. She took a few few hits squarely, then behan to push back. "Heyheyhey!" she screamed at Meg, brandishing her silver horn at the nightmare.

Megaera's attacks were mostly blind, driven by anger much more so than any sort of calculation. This was hatred and betrayal possessing the mare. As he shrunk, her blows missed, striking around him and burning through snow. She growled in anger and went to stomp.... right as the glint of silver caught her eye.

Her ears plastered back and a very Kalona snarl, exposing sharp teeth, at this new mare. "Who are you!?" She demanded. "This is not your business! Stay away!"

User Image "Kamiki!" Azure screamed, scrambling to his feet and taking his place behind the mare.

Kamiki kept her horn poised, taking a defensive stance. "Just calm down," she said, "Azure's my friend, why are you trying to kill him?"

"Your FRIEND?!" She belted, glaring firey daggers at the little flutter hiding behind the alicorn mare. "You friend leaves a mare to stand up for him?" She snorted. "Your "Friend" tricks me, and now leaves me... leaves me like THIS!?" She lifted a hoof, gesturing awkwardly towards her belly.

Kamiki lifted her head, tossing her mane out of her eyes. "He's a helpless little flutter, you have to appreciate the benefit of a fair fight young lady." Kamiki looked at Meg's belly and narrowed her eyes. "Azure!"

She whipped her head around the cowering stallion.

"I didn't mean to!"

"You're last children have barely reached maturity! You certainly don't waste any time!"

Azure winced and risked a glance back up at Meg.

Kamiki's expression softened at the mare. "Azure didn't know, he'll help you..."

It was probably good for the pair that Megaera wasn't the sharpest of her sisters, nor was she exactly in her 'thinking mode' - or else she might have noticed the traits between the stallion and mare and their similarities between her step-sister, Arcana.

"Didn't know?! This bug has been a father before and he didn't know what he was doing?! And how do you propose that he is going to help me now!? I've had about enough of his "Help!"

Kamiki glared at Azure again, knowing Megaera had a point. "He must have not known that you didn't know what you were doing either." She arched an eyebrow and looked her over. "We can help you if you're not ready."

Azure squeaked, "We can?" But any more commentary was cut off by a warning glance from Kamiki

"I am not so certain about that." She seethed. But the mare did have a point in that she had problems that she couldn't exactly handle on her own.

"What help can you offer." She spoke carefully.

"Well, I've been a mother before, if you have anyquestions. I know a good shaman who can help with the birth." She looked between Meg and Azure and tossed her mane again. "And Azure would be happy to take a basket or two if you're not ready to be a full time mother."

Megaera's anger was visably receeding, but she still looked far from happy. Her ears stayed pinned back and her eyes remained fixed on Azure promising more injury if he even thought about approaching her again.

"No. I'm not ready to raise foals full time. I..." She paused, surprised she was saying it. "I don't want to give them all up though."

"Of course," Kamiki nodded and took a step closer. "Azure will help you with any you need. And you can see them whenever you want."

She looked back to Azure again and sighed. "Do you want to stay with out herd for now? Or do you have a herd of your own?"

"I don't want Azure to show his face around me or my herd again." She snapped. "You..... you can come for them." Her tail swished again and she looked over her handiwork in teh forms of burns and bruises over the little flutter. Good. It felt good to take her anger out on the responsible party.

Kamiki frowned and nodded, knowing she should be happy she wasn't bent on killing Azure still. "Fine, where can I find you?"

"We're a ways down the mountain. Between the graveyard and the teepee of the white-haired man." She leveled a last glare at Azure. "And if HE shows his face down there, it will be more than his stallionhood that I will take from him."

User Image Azure narrowed his eyes angrily at her but didn't say anything. Kamiki took a procautionary step between them again. "Fine, I'll come for you...." she looked over the mare again. "Soon."

"Good." Megaera repsonded. She was not a mare of many words. She knew her time would be soon. She knew it would be painful. She wanted to be home again. Not on this frosty mountin top.

So, she spred her wings again, gave one last look back, and took to the skies again.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:57 pm
Sabin Duvert
Aftermath
Balrog and Stormwild deal with the aftermath of Anemone

User ImageAnd just like that, it seemed, Anemone was gone. Balrog felt jarred. He had met her, she had been exactly what he felt like he needed at the point - a sympathtic mind, a spirited hatred as strong ase his own (if not stronger) towards those lesser races of soquili. One who would not tolerate the thought of mixing blood, or toleratin them in a hed. He had been so angy, so frustrated at Stormwild... and then when he returned,he felt uneasy - the decisions she had come to behind his back. Then Anemone had come to the herd - and while Balrog had anticipated the bad blood, he had not anticipated that she would leave, so suddenly after birthing her foals - before she could even enjoy the safety that their herdlands could offer a new mother with foals too small to fly yet. She had never even come face to face with stormwild and she had taken off as soon as she was able to fly again. Despite the bad blood... she would have made a fine addition to their herd - she had fine bloodlines.... andn they had birthed three foals - three foals that would have made a strong new generation. And two of whom would likely never join their ranks.

He looked down at the basket that smoldered with the fireyness of his own hide. The only evidence that she had ever been there. Of their tryst. Was she even as strong as he had visualized her? If she had taken flight at the conflict when there was such promise for their herd in the future. Balrog often thought for the strength of the herd instead of the individual. Then again, for the strength of the herd... perhaps they also needed to be of one mind. Well.... perhaps this was like the sacifice that Stormwild felt she had made when Sequoyah and the other weak ones had left. He nuzzled the basket thoughtfully.

Stormwild walked through the lonely woods of her land, having just set down from a flight high in the piercing winds. Despite Belle and Zhuri’s new foals that bounded around the herdlands, her melancholy had kept her avoiding the main herdlands as much as possible. The lack of Xandir and Sequoyah still hit her pretty hard, and she was in no mental state to run into Balrog or his little hussy. But her wings ached and her stomach growled, and nothing offered more comfort and food than the rich mountain trees of the main lands. She snuffled around the snow looking for grass as she broke the thicket line and came directly upon Balrog and one of the baskets. Her surprise was obvious, her sheepish expression quickly replaced by apprehension as she looked around, expecting Anemone to be close by.

Indeed, there was no sign of the grey mare. Even her scent seemed faint on the clearing.

Balrog tuned, ears pinning back momentarily as he saw Stormwild. His tensed muscles slowly relaxed and he heaved a sigh. Well, SHE would be happy...

"She's gone." Balrog answered her unasked question, with more than a hint of annoyance. Then, he looked over at her, scrutinizing.

Stormwild visibly relaxed, but her ears lowered in concern. “Gone?” she asked smally, eyes lingering on the basket for a moment before their pity-like gaze reached Balrog again. She looked quickly looked over the thicket again as she waited for him to elaborate, searching for the other baskets. Surely she gave birth to more than 1 foal, she was virtually exploding when she went into labour.

Balrog nodded, then, as if realizing the possible double meaning of the context, he clarified. "Well... the birthing went smoothly enough. But then, almost as soon as she had her strength again, she left. She.... thought it most tactful." He said, again, the regret evident.

Again, he heaved a sigh and looked over towards Stormwild. Funny, back when he had first met the spirited mare, he would have never pictured them being so attached. It had started with a fascination - another winged mare - and the only other one he had ever seen before - and it had been a tet a tet from the very first. Yet he had grown to love the fact she could stand her own against her arguments. He wasn't used to a mare leaving in the face of a conflict.

"She wasn't like you." He said, simply, leaving much to intrepretation.

User Image Stormwild looked a bit stunned, awkward and not knowing what to say. On one hoof, she felt incredibly sorry for Balrog, as it was obviously affecting him. She remembered all too acutely the pain she felt when her first mate had left for the valley, taking two of her baskets with him. But on the other… a little bit of pride. That kind of ‘I told you so’ feeling, even though she wouldn’t have the heart in a million years to say it out loud. Anemone had failed him…and while they had had hard times, she was still here.

She kept silent for now, worried she was trotting across thin ice, not wanting to lie and say she was sorry Anemone was gone, but also not wanting to rub anything in the stallion’s face. She paced over slowly, cautiously, her eyes dropping down to the basket that lay at his hooves. She leaned down and sniffed it thoughtfully, taking in the scent. Wicker, magic, newness, blood, the heady scent of Balrog and the lingering spice of the departed mare. “It’s beautiful,” she said gently, watching his expression.

Balrog was standing, rigid, and obviously tense as Stormwild pondered the news. He half expected her to come back with the well-earned "I told you so" as well. He felt vulnerable, he had made a bad decision. But... at least he had something to show for it. He was looking down at the basket again when he heard Stormwild's voice drift to him.

He lifted his head, meeting hers. His eyes narrowed, focusing, trying to judge if there was any hint of sarcasm in the compliment. Finding none, he seemed to relax. He seemed more defeated. "Thank you." He rumbled.

He opened his mouth again, about to say something about the nature of the decision he had made before chomping it back closed. Even down, even defeated, Balrog would not breach such an apology. However, everything about his posture, about the reluctance of even the most simple words seemed to convey his emotions.

Stormwild was very aware of his emotions boiling under the surface. Perhaps he was not the best with words, and she knew he didn't like displaying any emotions that could be interpreted as weak. Stormwild gave a light sigh, accepting the situation for what it was. Anemone was gone, and while Storm was happier for it, she felt bad for Balrog's sake. There was definately a reason Sequoyah left, because he had seen something between the two of them that perhaps she even was relunctant to admit. She looked down upon the basket again, and it was as if a cleansing cool breeze and swept over the thicket, taking the last traces of Anemone with it. She stepped closer still, brushing her shoulder against his and gently lifting her head, nuzzlng the neck behind his ear affectionately.

Balrog said nothing, leaning into her affections. She was there for him, despite it all. She was reassuring and comforting, and Balrog accepted it from her. For a time, he just leaned there, taking her support. It was... nice. They had their herd still, he had this basket... and he had her.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Balrog straightened and rustled his wings. Then, quietly, almost imperceptably, Balrog repeated "Thank you", but... it was in reference to a completely different thing, and barely audible.

Herds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff