Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
The sucky voices of Naruto Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who has the worst voice?
  Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, or Kakashi
  Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, or Asuma
  Kiba, Shino, Hinata, or Kurenai
  Lee, Tenten, Neji, or Gai
  Kankurou, Temari, or Gaara
  Iruka, Kabuto, Anko, Ibiki, or the 3rd Hokage
  Konohamaru, Moegi, or Udon (the little students who follow Naruto)
View Results

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:01 pm
They don't all suck  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Yukikyo
I am realy sad that Naruto's voice a voiced by a girl. Usually I have no problem with that. But....his voice is really just annoying. Still saying Belive it, like ther filling in for somthing

You do know that in the Japanese, Naruto was also voiced by a girl, right? His Japanese voice actress was Junko Takeuchi  

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:44 pm
Stupid dubbed haters blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:57 pm
Yukikyo
I am realy sad that Naruto's voice a voiced by a girl. Usually I have no problem with that. But....his voice is really just annoying. Still saying Belive it, like ther filling in for somthing

Well, too bad, Junko Takeuchi is also a female. It's REALLY not uncommon for a woman to voice male characters in anime.  

Mirrored Reflection

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:52 pm
So you lose! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm
churrlo
Stupid dubbed haters blaugh

*raises hand* Amen. I agree the dub could be better, however the idiots who are hating on it are jackhats. 4Kids is a bad dubbing company (completely changes names and such), but at least it's tolerable. Be grateful, dub haters. At least the anime gained enough recognition to BE dubbed.  

Mirrored Reflection

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:23 pm
Viz does Naruto btw, not 4Kids. And if you've watched the dubbed, they have done a lot better of a job in dubbing it since the beginning xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:08 pm
churrlo
Viz does Naruto btw, not 4Kids. And if you've watched the dubbed, they have done a lot better of a job in dubbing it since the beginning xd

I know that Viz does Naruto. Thank god 4Kids doesn't. (Viz dubbed InuYasha too, I believe)  

Mirrored Reflection

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:43 pm
Thank God!!! blaugh Viz does most of the Adultswim stuff blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:10 pm
But still, I believe the Japanese voices have far greater ranges.

For example:

Quote:
What I find odd is that... Nana Mizuki voices WRATH on FMA! Holy hell!

User Image

That, my friend, is an accurate fanart of him...
Or, if you want accuracy,

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorry 'bout that... Sometimes my realization is scary.

Yeah, that was me a while ago on my "Naruto Seiyuu Singing (yes, even Kabuto and Itachi)" thread a while back. As you can see, Hinata can voice sadistic criminally insane boys like Wrath.

Another example:

Quote:
Yeah, Akira Ishida (Gaara) has a REALLY good voice range. He voiced Fish Eye on Sailor Moon, holy hell.

Soundbyte (seriously, close your eyes and pretend Fish Eye is Gaara O.o): OMG!

Yep, that also was me. And yet another Example:

Quote:
Wow. Sasuke voices a talking blue blob and a smoking bunny, just look.

User Image

That would be Usahara from "Damekko Doubutsu", whom Noriaki Sugiyama-san also voices. OMG, I think I found something weirder...

Yes, my friends, Noriaki voiced Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, in the Japanese dub of the show. I think I'm scarred for life...

So there you have it, my examples of how voice acting can go completely wrong can be extremely ranging.  

Mirrored Reflection

AoiMizuTenshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:28 pm
Well if you must know alot of the american VA's have quite a range as well. I LOVE the english voices. Naruto's voice grows on you and as for the catch phrase. . .they were using it to fill in something that the original japanese naruto's seiyuu would say at the end of his sentences. Don't go making fun of the VA's as they are usually pretty well versed. . .

Neju Hyuuga's voice actor is Steve Staley(Bleach - Shūhei Hisagi, Toshiro Hitsugaya/ Digimon Frontier - Koji Minamoto/ Eureka Seven -Moondoggie/ Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - Kadaj) That's to name only a few.

Sakura Haruno VA is Kate Higgins(Karin Kurosaki, Lilly, Nanao Ise, Retsu Unohana - Bleach/ Talho - Eureka Seven)

Given Naruto's VA Maile Flanagan has only ever done Naruto.

Rock Lee's VA is Brian Donovan(Digimon: Digital Monsters - Davis Motomiya (Adventure 02), Davis as Narrator (Tamers), Additional Voices)

Orochimaru's VA is Steven Blum(Bleach as Zabimaru/ Cowboy Bebop as Spike Spiegel/ FLCL as Miyu Miyu, Masashi/ Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex as The Laughing Man/ Naruto as Zabuza Momochi Orochimaru, Murasame/ S-CRY-ed as Kazuma/Samurai Champloo as Mugen/ The Big O as Roger Smith/ Wolf's Rain as Darcia) So you can see the range that Steven Blum has.

So you can see that alot of the Naruto VA's are very talented and you can look up on Wikipedia to find out more info on other VA's.  
Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games