Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Squiddybear
Crew

Man-Hungry Bear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:39 am
A potery contest about how much everyone likes this guild? heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 am
A disign/draw contest for a new picture reprisinting the guild ~?  

Squiddybear
Crew

Man-Hungry Bear

twinkle caramel candy
Crew

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 am
Tetshinji
A poetry contest.

i have to agree with you on that one. i like to make poems quite easily but if you do like the art contest instead, my sister draws very well smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:12 am
What about something like Yahtzee? And you have to roll certain dice and get certain numbers with the dice.  

the wind rises

Dapper Fatcat

6,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

chienpeluche

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:28 am
well we can make a dream avatar contest  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:21 pm
SquigglesTheKitty
What about something like Yahtzee? And you have to roll certain dice and get certain numbers with the dice.

I think this is a good idea. Something everyone can participate in with or with out some kind of talent.

I was also thinking of a raffle. A set number of designated prizes. Everyone pays for a ticket if the prizes offered interest them. Each person that enters posts with a random number generated and after a predetermined amount of time the contest manager generates numbers for each of the prizes offered until someone wins. To make it interesting, prize drawing should be done at a set time and whoever has the winning number has to claim it within the allowed time or another winner will be generated. In order for this to work right I also think the number of people allowed to enter needs to be limited and the distance between the generated numbers should reflect the number of entries allowed.

Another idea is a 50/50. Same deal as with the raffle, people buy a ticket and a number is drawn and whoever has the winning number wins half of the collected pot. The other half goes to the guild.  

Raziel Winters

5,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100

xXxwierd-lovexXx

3,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:37 pm
maybe we can have a fashion show and create a avi on tektek.com and have 1st place winner, 2nd place winner, and 3rd place winner!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:12 pm
Summer isn't over yet, so hold a quick week long summer event or something like that. Have the crew make contests and games where you can win some items. I heard you have quite a few Toothies.
Have gift the person above you thread. That way every gets something! Even send out small gifts to active members and crew members. When I send out gifts, I normally give flowers. I save them up then make a boutique at Buttercup Café.
The guild doesn't have to be run on contests and give a ways. Just make contests and random chatter to keep it active. Make new sub-forums for quizzes, freebies, and simple stuff to keep it active. You don't have to always have contests going on.
Also, I have an improvement for the guild. Edit the homepage. I always hear from you ( LoveAngel27) that the guild is inactive and that no one joins. Well, if you make it look nice and have more than 4 sentences people will join. Also, having lots of contests isn't bad. It helps keep the guild active if a new contest hasn't been posted in a while. If you make a lottery, try and keep the slots up to 50. You don't them to last for 5 days before you can pick. Also, instead of just putting _________ 1-10, actually put the numbers.
As for prizes, I just buy whatever goes with the contest.

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

taardis

Dapper Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:57 pm
What if you did like a page contest and you gave out prizes(like 500gold up or something) every 5 pages?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:59 pm
jammy shuffle ftw
What if you did like a page contest and you gave out prizes(like 500gold up or something) every 5 pages?

well umm thats way to low

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=21921977&page=1

click on the link? that contest ended yesterday
its 2 pages for 5k  

xoxoAsian
Crew

xoxoAsian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:00 pm
xXxwierd-lovexXx
maybe we can have a fashion show and create a avi on tektek.com and have 1st place winner, 2nd place winner, and 3rd place winner!

yeah later on  
LoveAngel27
jammy shuffle ftw

well umm thats way to low

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=21921977&page=1

click on the link? that contest ended yesterday
its 2 pages for 5k
I know I saw it, and I was just suggesting ^_^  

taardis

Dapper Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

xoxoAsian
Crew

SquigglesTheKitty

thats would be nice except i dont know how to play
i heard about it before  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:36 pm
LoveAngel27
well i only know 3 artists on this guild

I'm a artist, though i just started on gaia..... whee  

Lieutenant Kies

Fashionable Shapeshifter

7,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

iLoC - The Cake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 pm
I like the idea of a drawing contest. biggrin That way someone talented gets some gold. surprised  
Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff