Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Rate the Person's Video Game Composition Above You! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:08 pm
Whoops had the wrong song xD. Since I talked about that one, it shall be next then.

Starts off nice right off the bat. Reminded me a bit of Dark Cloud. I then got that .Hack feeling, and that is a game series I like. It feels calming, and of course action like to me. I have to say I like this song. It gets an 8.5/10 from me.

Turn the Tide - Last Remnant, Tsuyoshi Sekito , Yasuhiro Yamanaka.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:30 pm
Lot of Last Remnant songs, huh? From what I know, it's like one of those morality games like KOTOR or Fable, or if you wanna go with something more recent... Prototype. It's a nice battle song, but there seems to be quite a pattern in all of their songs, really. It feels like it's lacking some variety, but that's just me.

8/10

-snags a classic-

Ultimate Koopa from Super Mario 64, by Koji Kodo  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:20 pm
Ah, I remember this song! I loved this whenever I would face off against the Ultimate Koopa. Been so long, and it brings back memories to me. It has a good feeling to it, and you can feel the ominous feeling that this won't be easy for you once the time comes to fight this guy.

Now for me to switch it up a bit: Shining Soul Final Boss by ... I don't know  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:49 pm
It's a decent song, but it's very repetitive. I have a major weakness for climbing and falling scales, though, and when this song reaches those points, its good. But it feels very insubstantial, especially for a final boss theme. It has weight, sure, but not as much as it should. And its so short... I hope this isn't a long final boss battle. Sorry man, but I'm gonna have to give it a 6/10. I see the appeal it can have, which makes me put it slightly above average. But it just isn't my sort of thing.

Wind Nocturne (a.k.a. "The Boat Song")- Lunar Silver Star Story, by Noriyuki Iwadare (I believe). Sung by Jenny Stigile.

Oh jeez. I haven't thought about that game for years. Wow.  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:03 pm
For a Sega Saturn game, this has some impressive graphics... it's an excellent song. For some reason, I am partially reminded of the Little Mermaid, especially that one song she sings before she finds the boat. A rare 9/10 for you. 3nodding

Powerful Mario from Super Mario 64, by Koji Kondo  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:15 pm
Ah, Mario, a classic, I know it like I know my own house. :3 Nostalgia is just as good as new, foreign music, I give it an 8.3/10, because it is a remake of a song from the 80s Nintendo, it unfortunately goes through the stage of redundancy, however, that being said, the song aged perfectly and is still perfectly usable in later Mario games, and that has a lot to say about it, kudos to Star Mario theme!

Start a Journey ~ World Map Theme- Illusion of Gaia by Yasuhiro Kawasaki

Because I like Spanish acoustics when they meet a western beat. ;D  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:27 pm
I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but I actually like it. It's got a nice western feel to it, like when you're watching those old western films like... I dunno... 'The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly' and all the films Clint Eastwood's been in. It's not super repetitive either, so this gets a extremely rare 9.25/10.

Merciless King from God Eater Burst by Masaru Shiina  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:16 pm
Coooooool. Definitely sounds like a song that would be in a game called "God Eater." I got chills when that chorus came in at the beginning. It's most definitely an amazing song. With those falling flute trills, the drums and percussive synth, and the bits of chorus that are broken up so you don't grow comfortable with them and start ignoring them, like a lot of music makes the mistake of doing. The only thing that makes me dock point is, honestly, it sounds a bit messy in certain places. With so many sounds going on at once, it sounds like at some turning points it doesn't exactly turn on a dime, if you know what I mean. It sounds a bit unwieldy. But that could be because it's SUCH A HUGE SONG! That's what this song conveys. Malevolent HUGENESS.

I want to give it an 8.5, but since I don't believe in decimal scores (that's why I want back to a 10 point scale: I think in terms of a five point scale, but I think of subdivision sometimes, which made me go to a ten point one). So I'll give it a slightly generous 9/10. The song definitely does its job well.

Also, you guys are starting to double up! Not fair!

MEDIC!- Team Fortress 2 (Debuted in Meet the Medic, possible menu theme), by Mike Morasky

Now it's fair.  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:25 pm
I'm actually quite fond of the intro. That choir really kicked a**, making the medic seem like an otherwise more dangerous person. And then from there, it shifts to a more comical approach. I am highly amused. Just hearing this makes me think of what antics our buddies at TF2 are up to. XD

8.75/10

-digs around for something to suit Tiki's tastes-

Under the Sun from God Eater Burst by Masaru Shiina  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm
Nice pick. This sounds like the kind of song that would play when the horros of something or other have finally ceased, and all of the people are coming out of their houses and go back to living their lives after being scared so long. And there is panning over large stretches of land involved. Makes sense given the title. And the key changes and slight bits of harmony give the song a little more weight. I think I'll go with an 8/10 on this one.

Treasures Sleeping Beneath the Sand- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles by Kumi Tanioka  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:47 pm
Roaming the land, scouring for treasure...this place was always HOT! You just feel like you can dance though, and just don't want to stop...oh what was that? You passed that tree five minutes ago, and can't find your way home. Oh god and we are out of WATER!

Sorry about that felt like adding a bit of lyrics for some reason. Anyways, while I never beat this game, I enjoyed fighting anywhere, and this music was one of the best for the job. It's something I feel an orchestra would play for something light to pass the time. It gets a good 9/10 from me.

The King's Curse from Dark Cloud. This track owned by Sony Computer Entertainment/Composed by Tomohito Nishura  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 pm
Pretty dark and foreboding. If I think about it... your song selections seem to be following some sort of theme. Not that it's a bad thing, but... a little variation would be nice, you know? The song itself has the ohm-like thing going, which is a plus, but it feels like it's repeating itself through the entire song and eventually I just forget about it.

8/10.

Demon of Darkness from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, by... Takami Asano? Not too sure on the composer, but it's from Atlus.

Fun fact: This was actually going to be the game I was gonna do an LP on after beating Link's Awakening, but then my rom glitched and I'm in the process of working out the kinks, mostly with the sound.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 pm
Well then I can find something else then!

Of course this starts out with the dark, malicious feeling. Atlus has some good stuff for sure though. It has the action feeling down. I'd give it an 8/10

The Palace of the Sun and the Moon from Dark Cloud. This track owned by Sony Computer Entertainment/Composed by Tomohito Nishura  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 pm
I am suddenly reminded of the Spirit Temple in parts of the song. I have not played Dark Cloud, unfortunately. May need to look into it. And... of course, it's for the PC, isn't it?

8/10.

Rave On from Killer 7. By Capcom, it seems.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 pm
I did find that song to be excellent background music to check my emails, fantastic really, but the problem with techno-ish music is it has no "definition" to it if you will. By that, I mean that one can't go: "hey, this is where the _____ comes in and rocks out!" Then again, I don't listen to a lot of techno music, so I might not see smaller things that others may see. 7.5/10

World Tree- Actraiser by Yuzo Koshiro  
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces