Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Yokai Manekineko

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Aine took each response in turn, emerald eyes darting from one face to another, remaining silent as the newest of the little gaggle entered to harass Yasumeh. The boys stiff movements and clipped tone almost had her snickering, especially when the other Captain tucked him under his arm. She could almost see the discomfort emanating off the Yuu, but why stop there? With a masterfully placed use of shunpo, Aine was out of her seat an arm arched over Yasumeh’s to rest securely on his back, effectively caging Yuu between two more then accommodating Captains. However, she did take the time to push the cup of sake the Sixth Captain offered to the youth back at his own mouth. “Let me tell you all a little bit about myself, a short story, and I should be able to fill in the blanks of your understanding of the technique and how it works.”Running her dark tinted nails along her scalp thoughtfully, the Captains fingers raked down through one of her forelocks only to catch on the myriad of tangles she failed to remove more often than not. Disentangling her digits, she began. “Yasumeh, feel free to use this information against me or not. However, for both Jisaku and Tekketsu, understand that I could attempt to teach you the control that I’m using, but unless you have near ninty years to practice and perfect, I don’t ever expect you to be able to even mime it.”

“I’m from North Rukon District #65, far out and lawless, as many of the outer districts are. You do not survive there unless you can scavenge and remain out of sight, or make your way to the top of the pecking order. I was a child, and due to how I and my zanpakutou spirit interact, he began speaking to me very early on. Think of him as an imaginary friend to a child at the time. There was a comfort in knowing I wasn’t alone, and he guided me.”

“I learned in the field how to survive, stole to keep myself going when my reiatsu became prominent enough to cause a hunger and spent endless hours during that time, observing the residents of my district. The gangs carrying boken and stolen swords began my path in Zanjutsu and a curiosity is how I stumbled upon the manipulation of reishi. My spirit and I had been conversing over a number of days what reiatsu was and how to control it. I’d already begun learning to suppress my presence, becoming proficient through my acts of thievery. However, I simply found one evening that by clashing my reiatsu together in small amounts, something in the air would make a rasping noise. I did not learn until my days in the Academy that what was there was reishi.”

“After finding the skill, refining it, learning new sounds to generate…my control and senses had shifted not only to just minute changes, but being physically able to feel the particles as they moved. I call the technique Shinzou,” Pausing, she directly swung her formerly unfocused eyes at Yasumeh, knowing full well he’d memorize every detail she supplied. “Unlike simply feeling out another’s reiatsu, the technique functions by extending in a radius about your body and mimicking some forms of echo location, but in reality is simply carefully extending a layer of reiatsu and mental concentration as far as you are able. Within that area, I can feel each and every particle of airborne reishi. When one of those particles is displaced, I feel it. In turn, I do not require the use of my eyes to do battle. However, I was not joking when I said it takes an excess of ninty years to master. Until you get to the point that your mind can compensate and keep pace with the sheer amount of sensory overload that comes from literally feeling every reishi particle, you will black out over and over again.”

“From that, I can precisely manipulate the particles to the point of pitch and tone in a musical composition.” Ending her little bit of back story there, she continued addressing Yasumeh. “And, I do understand what is like to observe, I’ve done it all my life, but there are many an experience that cannot be learned except through the physical event. I’m mainly self taught in reiatsu control Yasumeh, but even a strategist like you can fathom the gulf between someone with little field experience and those that do. I am no strategist, not at all, but my body is conditioned by that hands on experience, and even the cleverest mind can’t always keep up with what might come unexpectedly.”

Chuckling lightly, she turned her attention back to her squad members, letting a white smile slash across her pale features. “Jisaku, don’t be a fanboy. I spent over eighty years of my life in the Second Division, under the supervision of an extremely eccentric Captain. That said, he wasn’t able to use Shinzou either, nor had he seen it before. I can teach much of what I learned there, but the truth is, my former Captain took me from this squad about…fifty years after I joined the squads. Tells you something doesn’t it? As much as I would have liked to succeed him, when I was given the chance at Captaincy, I seized it, and ended up right back here.”

((Giant block of text is giant. Sorry for not posting for a while, I've had homework, homework and more homework lately. So...I's been a bit busy.))

“The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:14 pm
User Image
Ⓙⓘⓢⓐⓚⓤ Ⓜⓞⓡⓘⓜⓞⓣⓞ
Third Seat of Squad 13

Jisaku listened intently to the details of his Captain's life. It was clear she had some sort of rivalry with Yasumeh...which is still a weird name, by the way. It was a strange technique, but it would definitely seem useful, should he ever bother to learn it. When Aine called him a fanboy, Jisaku couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows. "Being impressed with one technique makes me a fanboy?"

Gamebrain25

Timid Gaian

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:52 pm
((I understand. I have a bit of the same problem now. I'm just somewhat of a procrastinator.))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tekketsu Shiso
Lieutenant of Squad 13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tekketsu listened intently to Captain Kirihara's tale as she introduced the ability's basic concept to both him and the other members of the group within the theatre. When the story came to a conclusion, Tekketsu had several questions that stirred within his mind, and was surprised by the abilities that the technique granted Captain Kirihara. "Excuse me Captain, but does that make you the only person in Soul Society who is capable of using Shinzou, or are there others? Also, I was wondering, what exactly is your range of this technique? Can you basically see everything that happens in the Seireitei, or are you limited to a smaller area, like just the theatre?" Tekketsu asked the Captain.

Tekketsu faintly chuckled at how the two captains were treating Yuu. Due to both of them having their arms draped over the third seat, Tekketsu implied that the amounts of discomfort and animosity the Third seat must be feeling towards the situation must be monumental. He wondered how the boy could prevent emotions of the sort from being present on his countenance, or through his body language. Tekketsu shoved the thoughts aside, turnng his attention to the room's other inhabitants, and made sure to keep watching for signs of intoxication from the Squad Six Captain.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:55 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User ImageYuu was impassive, as his Captain took the note, and looked it over; a small twitch of his brow, and a quickening of his fingers tapping along Ao-Oni was the only indication of his impatience. “I have no other reason to be here, then. I’ll just be g—Aaugh?!” Rather suddenly, the boy was yanked forward, now trapped beneath the looped arm of Yasumeh. A dark blue eye widened from its half-lidded state, whilst his teeth grit viciously, as he struggled to contain the urge to slap his superior directly across the face. A deep, brooding scowl quickly overcame his lips, now in a shade of disdain and contempt that seemed uncanny for a boy his age. “Captain,” he said evenly, though his tone shook a bit with suppressed anger, “I would prefer it if you didn’t—” Yuu was cut off by his Captain introducing the people within the area. His expression did not change, but he seemed to tense a bit, now trying with much difficulty to restrain the urge to lash out like a beast. Around such powerful people, it wouldn’t be a very good idea for him to attempt such actions... however, as his Captain offered him a cup of sake, he felt as if slapping the elder would be much less inappropriate. “Hello, my name is Yuu Shouhei.” His voice was toneless, with a thinly veiled twinge of hatred and arrogance. The concept of being social was, of course, torture for him, and as the seconds ticked by, he wanted nothing more than to escape. His gaze flickered occasionally towards the door, plotting a means of diversion so he could flee without having the Captain drag him back by his arm. This, of course, caused him to abstract himself from most conversation, his ears deaf to the banter of Tekketsu, pertaining to the imbecilic offering of alcohol to a child. A plan soon formed within the child’s head—he shifted his footing, to escape… but then, out of the damn blue, the other Captain was upon his other side, arm hooked over him, rather successfully trapping the minor between them. ‘Damn it all! God damn these people and their blasted need for social interaction!’His hand tightened firmly upon the hilt of his zanpakuto, nails digging into the blue wrapping. A small shock pervaded his senses, then—Ao-Oni was not remotely pleased with his master’s behavior at the moment. However, the child disregarded it, his death grip prevailing through the sword’s zaps of protest. The lad listened, albeit contemptuously, as Aine drabbled on about her life… he found it rather dull, honestly, and cared little for it, instead focusing his intentions upon slowly scooting out from between the two Captains, straw sandals barely making a sound whilst he shuffled. “Important.. business.. needs doing,” he grumbled, irritably.

xxxxxUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Imagexxxxxxxxxx

Shuddurs

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 pm
Yasumeh chuckeled to himself as he watched Yuu's irritation grow, not out of the sick want to see the child suffer but rather knowing he was doing everything to fight lashing out and his restraint thus far, as compaired to when he had first joined the squad, impressed him. He was coming along, slowly perhaps, but none the less becoming more reserved and thoughtful of his actions. Yasumeh leaned close and whispered into Yuu's ear, "Yuu, you're brilliant trust me and that's why I let you in the squad while most others would have turned you away simply do to your age. This anger of yours though... it could be used against you in a fight and all that you have going on up here" he said pointing to his head, "would be muddeled and useless if you don't learn to control it".
He was working up the boys tolerance day by day, it was difficult to say the least but at least there was some progress even if minute. His attention was taken by Tekketsu protesting to his offer of Alcohol. Sitting upwards once more his eyes half closed into a serious stare he spoke "Oi. Don't take my recruits so lightly. Yuu's wise enough to make that kind of decision on his own" he said straightly and leaving the subject there. It was clear that Aine however had quickly gotten on to his ploy as her arm wrapped around Yuu from the other side. As she talked about her ability he almost unconsciously wrote down the details in his mind, not to replicate the effect by any means... he was after all far to lazy for such extensive training, but rather to add it to the growing persona portfolio he had of her. The extensive files of information in his head where far cleaner and more organized than he ever cared to be with any such things in his own office. In fact the inner workings of his mind where nigh the exact opposite of his outward behavior usually, something that even baffled himself at times.

"You where so generous to share, so my turn" he said simply letting the alcohol raise the lesson into some sort of story contest that didn't exist anywhere but his own slightly fogged mind. "I came here at an old age... no memory of my life. I was to old to be taken into any family, and to poor to really afford my own place. I wandered the streets scrounging up what I could and spending it on beer... after all in a place where food is mere pleasure and not real sustinance why not?" he asked rhetorrically taking a deep breath before relinquishing his hold from Yuu, feeling the boy had suffered enough. "Anyways, that kind of social status doesn't exactly get along with most. Whatever I did in life left some residual muscle memory because more than one ally fight came out with me leaving far more bruises than I took with me no matter how many punks decided to try and have a laugh at beating up some drunkard in an ally. Eventually the former captain of the sixth saw one of these and was impressed enough to take me in". Yasumeh looked down at his hands, no more worn with age than they had been when he first came in from age, rather the only distinguishing features that told time had passed where the numerous scars. It seemed fighting as one of the most dangerous unarmed fighters in the thirteen had taken it's toll on them.
"I used it just to take up residence at first. A hot meal... a warm place to sleep. Eventually though she made me start working for my comfort, can't say I blame her. I quickly got irritated with my superiors" he said glancing a quick look to Yuu, "And made suggestions during missions. They didn't take kindly to it at first but... in time... learned to use them. Apparently the outcomes enough where warrant for an advancement... alas only after the former captain was killed in action" he said as a solemn look crossed his face. "She had left in her will that she wanted me to take over. Hell who could say no to that... what a pain"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Tekketsu Shiso
Lieutenant of Squad 13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tekketsu watched with the same expressionless expression as always as the Captain told his life story. "So you basically just got a lucky break, then?" Tekketsu summarized the story as best he could after it stopped being told. He didn't really understand much why the Captain would exchange the information with Captain Kirihara, himself, and the other two who were in the room. However, so as to not seem impolite, Tekketsu remained speechless and silent after his review of the story.

Exiled Time Lord

Unbeatable Phantom

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Squad 13-Divine Protectors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers