Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
sewing in public Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayita

Moonlight Comrade

10,500 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:12 pm
I sew in public, mainly at school because teachers won't consider pins as weapons, and always want to watch me make things.

My most recent creation was a pouch/bag thing made from scraps of materials, and a shoelace I picked up to pull it closed. (The funny thing was when I picked up the shoelace, the first thing I said was, "How useful!" I'm always picking up things like that.) It took about 3-4 hour-and-a-half class periods.

I've yet to finish this other purse I handstitched...I don't have a sewing machine crying .  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:31 pm
Gemini6184
KariudoMegami
Gemini6184
sodabottle37
"Shut up, you're knitting!" gets really annoying...><

Tell them you think better when you're knitting - or you can say it gives your hands something to do besides strangle 'em xd

xd Or act slightly homcidal & caress your knitting needles while glaring.

xd YAY for sharp pointy things!

Whee! *cheers*  

KariudoMegami

unknwndreamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:41 am
I sew in public all the time, when its not raining and its warm... tends to be a rarity in TN in the spring, I sew on my front porch. In highschool I also had a habit of bringing my sewing to class which got some odd looks since I was pretty much the only person in my school that sewed. The only teachers that ever cared about my sewing in class were my math teacher but that's cause I'm really bad at math, and my bible teacher in 12th grade and me and him just did not get along. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:37 pm
I sew in public sometimes. Sometimes during school, when there's nothing to do. I hate running out of materials. And there workspace is limited, I prefer doing it in the comfort of my own home.  

AlbinoChii

carnivore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:12 pm
unknwndreamer
I sew in public all the time, when its not raining and its warm... tends to be a rarity in TN in the spring, I sew on my front porch. In highschool I also had a habit of bringing my sewing to class which got some odd looks since I was pretty much the only person in my school that sewed. The only teachers that ever cared about my sewing in class were my math teacher but that's cause I'm really bad at math, and my bible teacher in 12th grade and me and him just did not get along. xp
Dry in TN is rare all year round except high summer, as soon as fall comes though its back with the horrendous thunderstorms.
What part of TN are you in? I'm in murfreesboro.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:53 am
carnivore
unknwndreamer
Dry in TN is rare all year round except high summer, as soon as fall comes though its back with the horrendous thunderstorms.
What part of TN are you in? I'm in murfreesboro.
Ha I'm practically like your city neighbor...just lots of miles away... I'm from Lebanon but I go to TN Tech in Cookeville where it seems to rain twice as much...it's also terribly windy.  

unknwndreamer

PashminaBallerina

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:25 pm
not really because i do most of my sewing by machine. i just make pajama bottoms, pillowcases, christmas stockings, wall hangings, pillows, quillows, and stuff. which requires minimal hand sewing. so no. because i never really need to. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:22 pm
i knit in public  

fashionista468

Trekkette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:37 am
I work on my embroidery and counted cross stich on the bus...which goes down bumpy back raods...and I prink myself with the needle and bleed all over my project. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:11 am
I usualy do things without sharp points (cross stitch, knitting, crocheting) and leave the sharp things (sewing, embrodiery, needle felting) for home and tables.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:57 am
I hate sowing by hand. >.<
but I knit in public...I love how random people just come up to you and ask you what your making. 3nodding
the last time I was kintting in class, my teacher grabed her phone and took a picture of the stich I was useing, to send to her mother. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:34 pm
Lee Kushrenada
I hate sowing by hand. >.<
but I knit in public...I love how random people just come up to you and ask you what your making. 3nodding
the last time I was kintting in class, my teacher grabed her phone and took a picture of the stich I was useing, to send to her mother. xd

... confused Was it an unusual stitch?  

Trekkette

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:31 pm
If i'm doing something that has to be hand sewed, and i'm going somewhere that i can work on it, i'll bring it along. 3nodding I don't do much handsewing though, i do more machine sewing, and i knit and crochet. I knit in public alot. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:32 pm
I knit in public, but usually only really tiny things don't take up a lot of space. So I end up doing quite a few bookscarves or bracelets with embroidery thread which usually gets comments of "how can you see that?" or "how are you not blind by now?!" sweatdrop  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Dances with Squirrels

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:02 pm
carnivore
Gemini6184
I knit on the trolley into school, while im inbetween classes, during anime club and D&D. ^^ Im a total knitwit - and people love watching me! I think its funny, but alot of people like to watch me knit, and several people have started knitting at home, but I'm the only one you see knitting around my campus.

i've had a lot of people tell me that watching me knit was strangely soothing and hypnotic...

Well, I suppose that if doing it is soothing and hypnotic (it is for me, anyway), then I guess watching someone do it would be as well.

I've just recently started knitting in public, mainly on my university's campus. Most people are friendly and curious, but I had one girl tell me that I was perpetuating gender stereotypes and that I should be ashamed of myself for supporting 'the opressive male-dominant culture'. I just brandished a knitting needle at her and went: "Shoo." confused  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff