Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I finally have had it with guilds being ignored by developer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:00 pm
Pilotslover
Captain Silas Manner

That...is very true xD
Adding commas to trades made sense, but how long did it take them to do that?
(Besides the time it takes to develop the feature. That I can't blame them for <3)

As a European, not having comma's was annoying as all hell! XD

Same here!
I live in the United States but I'm a born Canadian.
Nationalities aside, I'm glad that it's finally available.
It makes trading much, much easier for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:05 pm
Captain Silas Manner
Same here!

And using the Market place too!
Nah, I'm glad they did it.

Shame that Gaia seems to have no intention of fixing anything else around the site ...  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Pilotslover
Captain Silas Manner
Same here!

And using the Market place too!
Nah, I'm glad they did it.

Shame that Gaia seems to have no intention of fixing anything else around the site ...

Aye, I'd have to agree with you there.
The Outfit Marketplace, for example, has such amazing potential. I was so excited for its debut only to be disappointed. It's still in beta, though, so hopefully when its official it will be as great as it could be.
Seeing how long it took to finish Case of Pietro and how Towns, Rally and Guilds have been ignored makes me cynical though.
Oh, and I wish they would update the car shop too. It was what, 2 and half years ago when we got the Kiki car and stuff? Possibly longer?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:43 pm
Captain Silas Manner
The Outfit Marketplace, for example, has such amazing potential. I was so excited for its debut only to be disappointed. It's still in beta, though, so hopefully when its official it will be as great as it could be.
Seeing how long it took to finish Case of Pietro and how Towns, Rally and Guilds have been ignored makes me cynical though.
Oh, and I wish they would update the car shop too. It was what, 2 and half years ago when we got the Kiki car and stuff? Possibly longer?

All good examples of why few of us trust them any more.

You could add the mess that is alchemy to complete the set! XD  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:49 pm
Pilotslover
Captain Silas Manner

Oh jeez, Alchemy has brought nothing but trouble since it started.
All of the recolors could have easily been stuck in the cash shop.
-hopes that a Valhalla's Obsidian Armor recolor is cash shop instead of Alchemy-

Why? Knowing the exact recolor I want, red armor with black or dark brown hair, they would make something like that Alchemy only straight away, and make it so friggin' rare that I'd never get to quest for one.
It'd be worse than the back wings quest, which is the worst of it all!
I'm okay with the wings we have already, many of them look a lot better than the wings you have to make more wings to make more wings to get the final wings, but there is no excuse anyone could use to attempt to explain why they had to go to all this trouble just to get the classic, long-awaited demonic wings and angelic wings. It could have easily been a RIG where you first choose light or dark, then play the rig which would give you either shitty looking versions, then the smallest, then medium, then largest.

Why the heck didn't they just do that?
Oh right, because it's Gaia.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm
Captain Silas Manner
Pilotslover
Captain Silas Manner

Oh jeez, Alchemy has brought nothing but trouble since it started.
All of the recolors could have easily been stuck in the cash shop.
-hopes that a Valhalla's Obsidian Armor recolor is cash shop instead of Alchemy-

Why? Knowing the exact recolor I want, red armor with black or dark brown hair, they would make something like that Alchemy only straight away, and make it so friggin' rare that I'd never get to quest for one.
It'd be worse than the back wings quest, which is the worst of it all!
I'm okay with the wings we have already, many of them look a lot better than the wings you have to make more wings to make more wings to get the final wings, but there is no excuse anyone could use to attempt to explain why they had to go to all this trouble just to get the classic, long-awaited demonic wings and angelic wings. It could have easily been a RIG where you first choose light or dark, then play the rig which would give you either shitty looking versions, then the smallest, then medium, then largest.

Why the heck didn't they just do that?
Oh right, because it's Gaia.

I really wanted wings back when I started but as my present proves you can have wings if you don't mind making a few changes.

It's a mess, really, and Gaia is sticking it's fingers in it's ears.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 pm
Pilotslover

Same here, I've learned to deal with a lack of such simple wings.

Solia has both simple demonic and angelic wings that work very well and look great, with miniature versions too, and you can choose different poses like having them up, having them down, having one on the left and having one on the right. I don't even think our super special alchemy wings have those options. I doubt it.

Granted their item system is a bit different (it's a standard to have the choice of wearing only one shoe, one glove, one stocking, etc for every shoe, sleeve, and stocking item) but still, it says a lot about Gaia in general.

With Gaia, the standard is if you want simple things such as the option to wink, have pouting lips, or wear only one stocking, you need to pay through the nose for it and even then you have limited options.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:08 pm
Captain Silas Manner
Pilotslover

Solia has both simple demonic and angelic wings that work very well and look great, with miniature versions too, and you can choose different poses like having them up, having them down, having one on the left and having one on the right. I don't even think our super special alchemy wings have those options. I doubt it.

Granted their item system is a bit different (it's a standard to have the choice of wearing only one shoe, one glove, one stocking, etc for every shoe, sleeve, and stocking item) but still, it says a lot about Gaia in general.

With Gaia, the standard is if you want simple things such as the option to wink, have pouting lips, or wear only one stocking, you need to pay through the nose for it and even then you have limited options.

I would love if Gaia allowed that sort of thing ...

It's kind of sad really.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:31 pm
Pilotslover
Captain Silas Manner
Pilotslover

I would love if Gaia allowed that sort of thing ...

It's kind of sad really.

Me too. It would probably never happen though, they have 9 years worth of shoe, glove, sleeve, sock, stocking, head, eye, hair,and other items to go through to do that.
Wearing one bao of each color would be interesting though.

Oh, and on Solia there are free eye and mouth choices, and you can choose each individual eye, ear, and eyebrow, as well as you keep each hairstyle you buy. I wish Gaia thought to do that when they started out.
I would start going on Solia more than Gaia, but there are a lot of things on Solia that I don't like that the avatar options just don't make up for ):

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm
Captain Silas Manner

Me too. It would probably never happen though, they have 9 years worth of shoe, glove, sleeve, sock, stocking, head, eye, hair,and other items to go through to do that.

Oh, and on Solia there are free eye and mouth choices, and you can choose each individual eye, ear, and eyebrow, as well as you keep each hairstyle you buy. I wish Gaia thought to do that when they started out.
I would start going on Solia more than Gaia, but there are a lot of things on Solia that I don't like that the avatar options just don't make up for ):

I don't think I ever got on with Solia, sadly, people weren't quite as friendly as they tend to be on Gaia which is sad.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm
Pilotslover
Captain Silas Manner

I don't think I ever got on with Solia, sadly, people weren't quite as friendly as they tend to be on Gaia which is sad.

Hmm, I've heard a lot of people say the opposite.
Then again, you do tend to see a bigger difiference in the
'rich' ]on there and the 'poor' so maybe that whole oldbie vs. newbie attitude
is more apparent there.
Here there is a much bigger blur between the rich and poor
because of the plethora of items and availability of gold.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:52 pm
Captain Silas Manner
is more apparent there.

It just seemed a bit harder to 'get going' even compared to old Gaia which was a pain but at the same time more rewarding then it is now.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:58 pm
Pilotslover
Captain Silas Manner
is more apparent there.

It just seemed a bit harder to 'get going' even compared to old Gaia which was a pain but at the same time more rewarding then it is now.

Yeah, it's painfully hard to get going on Solia. I absolutely despise their Marketplace. At least Old Gaia's marketplace was easier to use. I wasn't here for 'Old Gaia' but I was here before Booty Grab and it was definitely easier to earn gold and items then compared to Solia now.
Then again, most of my stuff is from the few times I bought/earned Gaia Cash, not from constantly posting or BG, but I'm trying out hoarding now and it's been pretty successful.
It's probably because Gaia's been around longer, but our gold shop items are much better in terms of diversity and quality compared to Solia's too. Some of our gold shop items and eyes could have easily been thrown into a cash item.
(Well some of the eyes are based on Cash Shop eyes too, though, long after they came out, because people loved them so much.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:04 pm
Captain Silas Manner
Yeah, it's painfully hard to get going on Solia. I absolutely despise their Marketplace. At least Old Gaia's marketplace was easier to use. I wasn't here for 'Old Gaia' but I was here before Booty Grab and it was definitely easier to earn gold and items then compared to Solia now.
Then again, most of my stuff is from the few times I bought/earned Gaia Cash, not from constantly posting or BG, but I'm trying out hoarding now and it's been pretty successful.
It's probably because Gaia's been around longer, but our gold shop items are much better in terms of diversity and quality compared to Solia's too. Some of our gold shop items and eyes could have easily been thrown into a cash item.
(Well some of the eyes are based on Cash Shop eyes too, though, long after they came out, because people loved them so much.)

When I started my first ever quest was a dark cape, it took me forever to get the damned thing. Missed out on the halo for it!

Some of the eyes here are gorgeous, I love the ones I have on right now because they look very RIG item like and they're not.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers