Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Nintendo Guild

Back to Guilds

ONG is a guild and community specializing in Nintendo. 

Tags: Nintendo, Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Pokemon 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Brawl Palace
Smash Bro 4 predictions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

h k d dummy

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:47 pm
They do both look insanely similar, but mathew seems more modern. both look awsome.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:53 pm
Roar Blue Dragon
Be nice to see some of the old classics get some type of tribute again. Excitebike, Balloon Fighter, and things of that sort. Maybe not in a playable format, but as an assist trophy (like Brawl for Excitebike) or possibly just a stage. Pit is a good example here as is R.O.B., just nice little throwbacks to some of their older games is all I ask.

Redesign the Stage Creator if it comes back. It was actually fun to use in my opinion and with some creativity you could create plenty of stages, but it would be nice to see an improved version. Maybe throw in some options themed around various games instead of just generic versions.

In terms of characters... As long as they have some unique traits it doesn't matter much who they put in. Will say that limiting guest characters seems like a good idea if it means cutting a Nintendo character from the spot, but I won't say not to put them in.

That is it for now. Mostly just opinion, but why not put it out there?

Oh yeah. Stage Creator sucks (unless you mod it, which I've done). More backgrounds!! There also was never an actual tree part. You got a bits and species of one. They also need to add the option of enemies. Like have a respawning dwarf bulborb (Pikmin), bulblin (Legend of Zelda), goomba (Super Mario), blade knight (Kirby), Metroid , klap trap (DK), an R wing (starfox), a pokemon, or other creatures. They should also have the addition of water or other hazards (electric poles, fire blowing things). I also thought bring back the pipe thing from the original Mushroom Kingdom level would be cool. I loved that!  

2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:54 pm
Lyric Talbaine
They do both look insanely similar, but mathew seems more modern. both look awsome.

Dark Dawn is 30 years after Lost ages, so that explains a bit of the modernness  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:17 pm
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2
Oh yeah. Stage Creator sucks (unless you mod it, which I've done). More backgrounds!! There also was never an actual tree part. You got a bits and species of one. They also need to add the option of enemies. Like have a respawning dwarf bulborb (Pikmin), bulblin (Legend of Zelda), goomba (Super Mario), blade knight (Kirby), Metroid , klap trap (DK), an R wing (starfox), a pokemon, or other creatures. They should also have the addition of water or other hazards (electric poles, fire blowing things). I also thought bring back the pipe thing from the original Mushroom Kingdom level would be cool. I loved that!

I rarely mod things, but I still enjoyed using the Creator. Saw potential in it, just flawed potential. The tree thing kinda got me too. Be nice to set a theme for the stage and get some objects based around that. Hit "Mario" for a theme and you get pipes and the like you would expect to see on his series in your objects tool. Same concept with the others.

Enemies are a whole different element. If the Creator tools were say "Little Big Planet 2" style such a thing would be no trouble at all...well some trouble, but you could code it yourself. Using the coding I assume they would, well the enemy would have to be programmed to detect edges or jumps...then programmed when to attack or what have you. Its a good idea, but (with all the respect to Nintendo) they have a history of putting both good and bad ideas to waste or just poorly executing them. Maybe with some luck though they could get it to work, add to the hazards and make some potential strategic options.

Agree completely with environmental hazards or effects. Always wanted water in some of my stages. Always wanted something other than a spike trap too. Might be petty here, but maybe they can make it so we can put spikes and any other hazards upside down...that really messed up my first designs.  

Roar Blue Dragon

Timid Stalker

2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:21 pm
Roar Blue Dragon
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

I rarely mod things, but I still enjoyed using the Creator. Saw potential in it, just flawed potential. The tree thing kinda got me too. Be nice to set a theme for the stage and get some objects based around that. Hit "Mario" for a theme and you get pipes and the like you would expect to see on his series in your objects tool. Same concept with the others.

Enemies are a whole different element. If the Creator tools were say "Little Big Planet 2" style such a thing would be no trouble at all...well some trouble, but you could code it yourself. Using the coding I assume they would, well the enemy would have to be programmed to detect edges or jumps...then programmed when to attack or what have you. Its a good idea, but (with all the respect to Nintendo) they have a history of putting both good and bad ideas to waste or just poorly executing them. Maybe with some luck though they could get it to work, add to the hazards and make some potential strategic options.

Agree completely with environmental hazards or effects. Always wanted water in some of my stages. Always wanted something other than a spike trap too. Might be petty here, but maybe they can make it so we can put spikes and any other hazards upside down...that really messed up my first designs.

Yeah, I've gotten tired of using spikes for (real examples) sharp-cut wood, electricity, fire, and teeth. Yeah I do agree that they've blown ideas, but also has a lot of companies. Sonic the the black knight or whatever its name was a bunch of humbug!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:31 pm
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Yeah, I've gotten tired of using spikes for (real examples) sharp-cut wood, electricity, fire, and teeth. Yeah I do agree that they've blown ideas, but also has a lot of companies. Sonic the the black knight or whatever its name was a bunch of humbug!

Yeah, be nice to have another option or two. If we get electric spikes I'll laugh, just saying. "Oh so they want a different hazard... Give them spikes...with umm...electricity! That'll shut them up."

As for Sega's issues or the issues of any company and their decisions for that matter, I agree to an extent, but this is not the place to start a discussion such things.  

Roar Blue Dragon

Timid Stalker

2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:43 pm
Roar Blue Dragon
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Yeah, be nice to have another option or two. If we get electric spikes I'll laugh, just saying. "Oh so they want a different hazard... Give them spikes...with umm...electricity! That'll shut them up."

As for Sega's issues or the issues of any company and their decisions for that matter, I agree to an extent, but this is not the place to start a discussion such things.

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:28 am
Lyric Talbaine
This is stupid but its My wishlist!
1.Link from link to the past.
2.argnim from link to the past.
3.bring back mewtwo.
4.get rid of snake and sonic.(srry but they belong as much as megaman would.)
5.have a tresure hunt mode like on kirby super star.
6.give char accessories.
7.a story mode that switches gameplay from overhead,kart raceing, side scrolling, flight sim, board game, stratagy rpg, and puzzle gameing based on the level.
8.last but not least! ADD GENO MALLOW AND BOOSTER!!!! from mario rpg legend of the seven stars.
ps. dry bones would be cool too.

YES! We need Geno and Mallow, they don't get enough credit as they should!
Booster could most likely be an assist trophy, along with Valentina and Dodo.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:32 am
Although, I think I heard somewhere (and this might just be a rumor) that they're cropping the roster for Smash 4.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:58 pm
Kallori
Although, I think I heard somewhere (and this might just be a rumor) that they're cropping the roster for Smash 4.

That'd be stupid. They don't want the most recent to have less characters than the previous one. That wouldn't go well with sales.  

2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sea-Salt Ice Cream

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:57 am
While I do think the Stage Creator was a good start, definitely agree it could use more options. It's possible that it was one of the last things developed, thus not allowing much in the way of tinkering. Still, could have at least let us mix and match terrain styles, instead of locking them to a certain background.

The biggest improvement it could use, is the story mode. For something hyped as a 2-player experience, Subspace was NOT meant for more than one person, with the ultra-zoomed-in camera blocking way too many pitfalls, thus making any romp an exercise in frustration. : / Plus I never like it when games make players share lives; penalizes the first player while making additional ones feel the pressure of screwing over the entire team.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:54 pm
Sea-Salt Ice Cream
While I do think the Stage Creator was a good start, definitely agree it could use more options. It's possible that it was one of the last things developed, thus not allowing much in the way of tinkering. Still, could have at least let us mix and match terrain styles, instead of locking them to a certain background.

The biggest improvement it could use, is the story mode. For something hyped as a 2-player experience, Subspace was NOT meant for more than one person, with the ultra-zoomed-in camera blocking way too many pitfalls, thus making any romp an exercise in frustration. : / Plus I never like it when games make players share lives; penalizes the first player while making additional ones feel the pressure of screwing over the entire team.

Yeah, I was thinking that Stage Creator could have some more updates as well. Maybe a layered system that allows you to overlap obstacles, though I doubt that'd happen.

On the Subspace note, keep in mind that the Smash series is from the same creators of Kirby (HAL Laboratories) and that the whole 2-person aspect is directly taken from Kirby Superstar, player 2 being similar to the cpu with "space-jumping" and whatnot. Even many puzzles in Subspace Emissary are taken from Kirby Superstar, such as the springs, exploding blocks, and elevators, to name a few.
Although I do feel that sharing lives is just plain stupid. What if one player is extremely skilled, and the other a noob? It's just deadweight, really.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JadaDoesArt
Crew

Sparkly Shapeshifter

8,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:11 pm
Dear god. i hated playing co-op in SSE. I was always playing with my brother. Hes kinda a noobish And he kept using all of my characters up so when we finally got to the boss i die (once) and its a game over. If they're going to make the story mode co-op i kinda would like it so each player has four characters of their own so the other doesnt have to worry about dieing so often.

Not so sure about who i would like added to the new game but I'm kinda leaning to more nintendo based characters, although i dont mind playing as snake or sonic and leaving for other character to be added if there is still space. I dont really care as to who they add its more, i want to see a better thought out story line make more like a cross over or something. dont just create random bad guys to fight against actually use the ones from the games the characters are coming from.

*End of Rant* And those are my thought on the new SSB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:22 pm
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2
That'd be stupid. They don't want the most recent to have less characters than the previous one. That wouldn't go well with sales.

Not unheard of. I can see it if the mechanics and characters got a complete overhaul, but I doubt it with this series.

Now then since I am too lazy to quote more.

The shared lives thing was a nuisance to be certain, but I see it more as you do Sea-Salt Ice Cream. Pressure on the members of the team to not to screw over the others. Made any team effort full of constantly checking on your partner. Of course I did get a bit arrogant at times,took some hits I could have avoided, so some of those start overs were my fault. I did kinda hate losing in certain modes, I think Boss Challenge for one, for my teammate falling off the stage once.  

Roar Blue Dragon

Timid Stalker

New Motion
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:46 am
They need to make Pit less cheap. They’ll probably take out Snake and Sonic, as every guest character in a fighting game was only in one game before the character was removed. They’ll probably not include Ridley.
In terms of number of characters, I’m saying there’s gonna be a max of 45 characters, give or take one or two. (Super Smash Bros had 12, Melee had 25, Brawl had 35) Also, in terms of characters, I want to see Krystal added to the roster with her own dang moveset. I want to see Saki from sin and punishment added as a playable character. Also, I want to see either Sothe or Micaiah added to the roster.  
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Palace

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff