Yes
  No, because reasons.
View Results

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:59 pm
Fresnel
Private Sanders
I vote yes, make a new one.

I also vote for a broadening of subject into Gaia Weapons Enthusiasts. We talk about knives a lot, anyway. Might as well expand the guild. Could be good for recruitment. All we need is a specific forum to dump all talk about fantasy weapons (nobody wants that crap clogging the guild), and we could pull it off.
Countdown to weeaboo flood? You know any 'weapons' guild on Gaia will be "katanakatanakatanadeagle" within a month.
Confront them and smash their views at every opportunity.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:00 pm
Better yet, create a join questionnaire to weed that sort of person out, and write on the front page that this is a serious guild for serious discussion, and deagle fans will be shot. Katana fans are fine so long as they aren't annoying about it (the blade isn't the super-weapon it's touted to be, but it has it's cool attributes). If they are annoying, break the weapon into pieces and make them swallow it.  

Private Sanders

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:54 pm
I like the idea. It would be nice if we could see new faces.

Now if we do make this..... how would we recruit ? surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:09 pm
Private Sanders
Better yet, create a join questionnaire to weed that sort of person out, and write on the front page that this is a serious guild for serious discussion, and deagle fans will be shot. Katana fans are fine so long as they aren't annoying about it (the blade isn't the super-weapon it's touted to be, but it has it's cool attributes). If they are annoying, break the weapon into pieces and make them swallow it.
unless its one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3nAuowwqhI

these are pretty much super katanas. and breaking these in particular seems like a real pain in the a** to attempt  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:12 pm
-Moon Fire Liako-
I like the idea. It would be nice if we could see new faces.

Now if we do make this..... how would we recruit ? surprised
well, we can make threads about guns, archery, swords, and other such armament to get people's attention in the ED GD and chatterbox. not necessarily about the guild but about the arm in particular, and with a link to the new guild in the OP.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 pm
Private Sanders
remember, we dont wanna make it a pain in the a** to apply. that kinda s**t turns people away from guilds.

especially the ones that require me to write a paragraph and a half about why I wanna join, just expressing an interest alone should be enough reason to accept.

I say let anyone join, if their behavior is stupid and violates the unwritten code of what we share already (aka not being some random a** codfag kid), then boot their a** out. except we should probably post that code in the rules, so that it would be written, but in more depth, detail,and a list of the exceptions.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
I like the GGE name. I hate the V2 or 2.0 or whatever and we can't recycle the name without Freak so... yeah
"GGE Redux"?
keep it the GGE

except rename it as "THE GGE" so that way we can get away with calling it the same thing.

or we can call ourselves Xe, so no one knows who the ******** we are anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:29 am
Recon_Ninja_985
...I got that joke.

User Image  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

spoonz mcdoogle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:37 pm
GFE
Gaia Firearms Enthusiasts?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
...I got that joke.

User Image
yeah.

pretty much the weirdest thing i've ever seen any company do.

go from the most widely known contractor ever to something with a name that holds zero meaning or affiliation with any word in the english language that might give people a clue as to who they are  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:14 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
...I got that joke.
yeah.

go from the most widely known contractor ever to something with a name that holds zero meaning or affiliation with any word in the english language that might give people a clue as to who they are
Not quite.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:30 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
...I got that joke.
yeah.

Not quite.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

lol, well thats one thing  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:23 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Private Sanders
remember, we dont wanna make it a pain in the a** to apply. that kinda s**t turns people away from guilds.

especially the ones that require me to write a paragraph and a half about why I wanna join, just expressing an interest alone should be enough reason to accept.

I say let anyone join, if their behavior is stupid and violates the unwritten code of what we share already (aka not being some random a** codfag kid), then boot their a** out. except we should probably post that code in the rules, so that it would be written, but in more depth, detail,and a list of the exceptions.
Good idea. I agree.

As for name, I vote for Gaia Weapons Enthusiasts or Gaia Arms Enthusiasts.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:12 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
...I got that joke.

User Image
+1  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:07 am
6 to 2 in favor of, right now. I'm surprised, I didn't think the idea had quite this much the overwhelming following. I'll give it another couple of days to leave room for a potential 11th-hour upset, but I think I'm going to be creating a new guild next week.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff