Have you heard of him?
  Yes i love his novels its to die for!
  I read his stories time to time.
  Who the hell is that?
  neutral.
View Results

Zara Thustra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:31 am
The angels all palid and wan/uprising, unveiling affirm/that the play is the tragedy man/and its hero the conqueror worm.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:28 pm
poe kicks a** i like listen to the poems and read the books a billion times and every time they get better  

alone_vamp.wolf

moongoyal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:52 pm
i have read most of his work...he's pretty good, though not my favorite.

My favorite of his stories is - The pit and the pengulum (i think thats what its called). that one really played right into my fears  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:36 am
I'm Suprised my thread is still up, on the front page even.
Some people don't even know who he is.
But in school I'm sure it was reccomended to read.

I read the raven and annabel lee, or soemthin along that name. Its been awhile that I read it. But the novel that catched my eye was the black cat.  

Seri Dreams

Benevolent Phantom

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:45 am
SeriphimMagician

I read the raven and annabel lee, or soemthin along that name. Its been awhile that I read it. But the novel that catched my eye was the black cat.

It was required reading for a few of the stories during middle school for me, and if I remember correctly I had to do a report, though my memory is a bit hazy on that now since it's been so long.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:46 am
lurichan
SeriphimMagician

It was required reading for a few of the stories during middle school for me, and if I remember correctly I had to do a report, though my memory is a bit hazy on that now since it's been so long.

Yup. Literature is where all started. well for me reading started when U picked up one of his novels.  

Seri Dreams

Benevolent Phantom

Scourge_of_the_desert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:48 pm
I love him...I have memorized "Annabel Lee", he is great for lack of an even better word.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:53 pm
i adore his poems...they are sometimes a bit hellish, but they are very interesting....every time i get a girft from a friend, its a book with his poems  

Black-Of-Heart-And-Deed

Bewitching_NightShade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:05 am
RicoWolf15
I can't believe that only one person has mentioned "The Conqueror Worm"! Its one of the most amazing poems ever. The Masque of the Red Death is an amazing story, as is the Cask of Amontillado. No one ever remembers his play though, its called "Politian"

Absolutely true about the Conqueror Worm. Being a HUGE Lovecraft fan, that poem took on a whole deeper darker meaning for me.
I also wonder if the Mythbusters have ever read the Angel of the Odd. That might explain of few of those myths that they can't replicate.

And MC Lars did a hip hop/rap version of The Raven  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:11 am
A drunken opiate addict.
Why do they always write the most popular works? confused  

Sulhir

[X]igbar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:30 am
I have a large collections of his poems and stories! I especially like The fall of the House of Usher, The telltale heart, Cask of Amontillado, and Red Death.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:39 pm
His works are my favorite. I've yet to meet anyone who surpasses him..to me. At least, no one well known.  

Tsukishiro-san

thebeebop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:47 pm
i love all his work, especially his poems  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:07 am
I've read "The Cask of Amontiado" and "The Bells", and I have a huge leather bond complation of his work, I just haven't gotten the time to read it... =(  

lyssiah

Exogin666

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:30 am
i love his poems... i will always respect him  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items