Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
History of Magic IV (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:49 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fourth Year || Chaser || Vice-Captain

Chase simply sat at the front of the classroom, his quill and parchment out to take any necessary notes. When called to contribute one topic they had learned last year, Chase decided to share the one topic that stuck with him. "We covered muggle witch burnings," he said.

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:25 pm
User Image

Ariana Hawthorne
Fourteen: Hufflepuff Seeker

Ariana sat down next to Chase at the front of the classroom. "We also learned about Nicolas Flamel," she added once the Ravenclaw finished speaking.

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

((what day/block is this class? it is not listed on the Class Schedule))

User Image User Image User Image User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:30 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Fourteen: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda sat down in her usual seat at the back. This was where she sat ever since the first day of A History of Magic I, when an argument broke out between her and a fellow Slytherin student. Oh, the memories, she thought with a smirk as she chewed on a piece of salt water taffie. The girl found this subject boring, so she didn't pay attention too much. Obviously, she hadn't remember what topics they covered, so she stayed quiet and ate her sweets silently.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shina Kiremono~Fourth Year~Ravenclaw Seeker

User Image

Shina filed into class with her fellow students, choosing a seat near the front and setting out her note-taking supplies. "And we learned about Newt Scamander," Shina said after Ariana fell silent.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? History of Magic
What am I doing? Class time.
What am I thinking? Class.

Katrina skipped into her classroom and sat down beside her girlfriend, smiling happily. "Building on what Ariana said, Nicolas Flamel was the best alchemist in our history, creating the Philosopher's Stone, which could turn lead to gold and create the Elixir of Life."

Out of Character ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 pm
User Image

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know but I can't change
Tried to tell you
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
𝔈𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔞 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔫𝔢
Fourth Year - Slytherin Chaser
± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

Eretria walked into class, nearly yawning as she did so. It was not because she was tired or bored with the class, quite the contrary, she actually enjoyed it. It was however due to the fact that Professor Powell started the class the same way every year; with a review. She sat down next to Amanda and just propped her chin up on her hand, listening as the usual spiel was given about the class.

----------------------------------
State: Bored
OOC: ...

So take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:33 pm
User Image

Hufflepuff|4th year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele walked into the classroom, knowing that he could actually do well in this class. Surprisingly, unlike most students, he rather enjoyed History. He was always good at it in the other school and he quickly picked up on everything in the Wizarding World as well. But to be honest, there was a third thing that was taught, but he couldn't place it. It slipped his mind and this ate at him.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:01 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater
ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and Dhylan
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather entered the classroom and took her seat in the front corner of the room. History was an... okay subject for her. Not like Herbology, but still manageable. Turning to every voice that spoke, she found that she had nothing to add to the conversation. Thus, she sat quietly as she waited for the class to end, scratching at her notebook with her quill in hopes that some sort of doodle would appear.
{ooc: bleh.}
User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, ready for another day of class to start. Taking a piece of chalk, he quickly wrote on the board. He then turned to face the class.

Professor Powell
Ancient Egypt and Greece

"Today, we're going to be examining the ancient cultures of Greece and Egypt, and how they used magic. Specifically, we're going to be focusing on several points in ancient history to really get a feel for how they must have interacted with not only the world, but also with Muggles.

"In truth, ancient wizards and witches worked together with muggles, and muggles didn't fear them. Wizards were held in high esteem in that time period, and evidence can be found throughout the ancient world of interaction between the two groups. This particular piece,"
he said, gesturing to the stone tablet that was displayed, "is actually a replica of another tablet that had to be removed from a dig site, as it clearly demonstrated several instances of real magic being performed, such as the curse that was placed on the tomb that this tablet came from.

"There were several notable wizards and witches during this time. Circe was a Greek witch that specialized in transfiguration, and was well-known both in the wizarding world as well as in the muggle community for turning sailors into pigs. There was another named Andros the Invincible, who was well-known for producing a patronus the size of a giant, for which he gained his title. There was also Mopsus, who was a Seer and defeated his rival in a competition of their powers.

"Most wizards and witches worked with muggles on numerous occasions. In Egypt, you can see the evidence for it in the tombs of rulers, as evidence of skeletons warped by magic have survived. These individuals probably ran across the curses ancient wizards placed to protect such sights from graverobbers."

Grayson looked around the room, studying each student before continuing. "Please feel free to ask any questions, or to make any comments. While I know that everyone here might not be interested, at least some of you might be."

State: Teaching

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shina Kiremono~Fourth Year~Ravenclaw Seeker

User Image

Shina sat down and got out her things. Oh, Egypt and Greece! She took quick notes in her usual neat handwriting, quickly filling her page. At the end of the lecture, she raised her hand. "Is there evidence that wizards might have been a specific caste, like scribes, priests, or other skilled people, or would they have been spread across multiple castes?" Shina asked.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fourth Year || Chaser || Vice-Captain

It felt odd for Chase to not have any questions. Though recently, he had been more preoccupied with events such as Quidditch that prevented him from focusing all of his energy into his studies. A part of it was how he found out that Sun quit the sport out of the blue. Dear god that boy. When Chase refocused on the lesson, the professor was talking about something, something Invincible. Ugh, if this shows up on a test...

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater
ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and .....?
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather took her seat and began her note-taking. Egypt and Greece. Two countries she had never visited, but maybe one day she would. Maybe. If she could come up with the money to do so. Zoning out, she found herself pondering the money she had received at the end of the summer. A part of her told herself to save it, but another part insisted on spending it. When the professor called for questions, Heather blinked back into reality, and found that she had no questions this time, surprisingly. Instead, she just sank back into her chair and waited for the class to end.
User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 pm
User Image

Ariana Hawthorne
Fourteen: Hufflepuff Seeker

Ariana wrote down everything that was written on the board as well as the points she heard Professor Powell say.

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

((what day/block is this class? it is not listed on the Class Schedule))

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:12 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Fourteen: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda actually found this lesson pretty interesting. In fact, although she stared out Hogwarts hating History, it started to grow on her as the years went on.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson, unlike last year, was actually prepared to lecture when the students entered the classroom. He was seated behind his desk, but as people filed in, he stood and walked in front of it to stand before them all. He waited until the last of the students found their seats before speaking.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. Today, I figured we could review what was learned in the last class as a refresher for those that may need it. After all, an entire summer has passed, which means you might have had time to forget some of what you may have learned. Please answer one at a time and cover one topic each. That way, hopefully everyone will get a chance to answer and participate."

State: Expectant

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items