Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 am
Kain Balance Guardian
*brainstorming in progress, stand back* (I'm also drinking atm since I'm allowed once in a while so my spelling, grammar, and thought process may be off... or flowing to well...)

a) How about featured avatars? Getting one (or more) of us up there that has the guild url prominent on their profile? http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/interested-in-being-on-the-homepage-let-us-know-here/t.48450339/
(I can't do this with any of my accounts cause of my main.) I have friends that have been featured and they've gotten a lot of profile views & guild joins.

b) Do any of us randomly enter the arena's still? No? Yes? Maybe we should...
1) Voting and commenting like Turel said she was doing is a great idea, I think we all should try and do it randomly.

c) Forums. What do we post in and where? And I mean everyone? Do we all have guild links in our siggys and profiles?
1) I do the event threads to say 'hey we're out here' and I think they would help if they were more active, but at least their a start.

d) Stupid as this sounds, message in a bottle, can that be used to place LOK references in so that maybe people will look at the person sending the message? I have no idea how they work so I dunno here. We can't put the url to the guild but maybe we can get people to look at us and see the guild via us.
--> wink Fish can be gotten for free via DC and dumpster dive so everyone can keep a tank up to do this with. I know half of my mules are running tanks for the lite fish, I could start sending out messages with them.

We want any and every way for us to say 'hey here we are pay attention to us' to get new people to join. Right now it's gotta be a general scream of 'we still live' if nothing else.

Be active everywhere, every forum you can think to post in without breaking TOS. Know answers to questions, hang out in Q&A, stupid stuff like that so we're visible everywhere. Make sure everyone has a link to the guild in their profile and siggy depending upon what their doing. (Main has one in the middle of her profile, nice and visible)

We got this guild listed under popular before, lets do it again. Post in the guild daily, there's a spam thread for first daily posting. I use it when I have time to get on mules. If you have time to jump online and do your DCs on the mules/mains post somewhere in the guild while your collecting them, more gold for you and it ups our activity. I can make a few more word games and such in Spam if people want.

That's a great idea!

Also, I want to know how to put the Guild link in my signature. >: I want people to know where my home is.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:03 pm
MadxHatterxTeapot

That's a great idea!

Also, I want to know how to put the Guild link in my signature. >: I want people to know where my home is.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/signature ?

Do you want text or an image for it?  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:28 pm
Actually, main was going to enter her Raziel in. Hey guildies, if you can help, take a look at the mules and give suggestions. She's very happy to enter them to start advertising. The entry fee is only 10k so it's no biggie.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:42 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Actually, main was going to enter her Raziel in. Hey guildies, if you can help, take a look at the mules and give suggestions. She's very happy to enter them to start advertising. The entry fee is only 10k so it's no biggie.

Make a CB thread advertising the arena entry when you do, link it here so we all can post in it and vote for you. wink  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 pm
Right now I have to touch them up a bit, but I think this might boost morale a bit. I have heard from the AA thread that posting in CB tends to hurt more than help.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 pm
I think it depends upon your CB reg status... which none of us have...  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 pm
I don't tend to post on CB. I actually find it confusing. At least GD knows it's trying to troll itself.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:48 pm
CB is a catch all for every type of thread. Basically if it can be made it can go in there, that's why you have art threads hand in hand with RPs and hang out threads. Pretty much it's anything and everything (that doesn't break TOS.)

I like it cause it's almost never boring, it's like you'll never know what you can find in there.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:59 pm
I highly doubt I'd find people who are experts at LoK cosplay making though. Where do you think I'd go for that? AT doesn't seem to know LoK at all.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 pm
You'd be surprised. I've posted randomly about LoK in there and found random fans...  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:23 pm
I'll have to try AT first then. Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:00 pm
I'm still here and feeling guilty for not doing more for the guild. I'm almost online everyday yet I can't seem to muster up the courage or enthusiasm I use to have when posting. I still really want to be a part of this guild, but due to my own personal problems, I've been isolating myself for weeks on end. I'm doing my best to get myself sorted out irl, but I really don't know what I can contribute here. I think it would be best to strip my Raziel mule of his vice captain title. I'm not quitting the guild, I just don't think that I should have that title when I don't do anything for you guys.  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:09 pm
It's your choice whether or not to be stripped from the VC title. We're trying to be more active and even stopping by to say hi would certainly assuage my fears of illnesses/depression happening to members.

I think we need a way outside of gaia to communicate. Believe it or not, when I don't hear from people that i know have anxiety/depression I wonder if they are all right and I gbecome concerned for their well being. Being outside Gaia may allow it to be more personal- like friends- instead of business guild like.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:24 pm
Sorry

I have AIM, Skype, and MSN  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 pm
I have aim. Skype I keep forgetting to download onto my new computer. Msn I never got into but I understand you can message people on msn via yim. What else do people use?  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff