TDG Super Kami

Dapper Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:49 pm
User Image
TABTAB Zen lazily laid on the roof of the dojo with his eyes closed. He reached out, trying to touch and read the new energies that were now on the island, as was his way. Water Tribe... an Air Nomad... he had gotten the trick to decipher spiritual readings and piece together where a person was from (roughly) and if they could manipulate chi in the form of bending. Then there was... wait. Zen's eyes opened as he sat up with his legs folded and gazed towards where everyone had gathered. The chi was chaotic, but there was no mistaking it. Apparently his dreams were not trying to fool him.

TABTAB Zen let out a soft whistle and leaned over the side of the roofing. Below him, Boro was just now waking up from a short nap. "Buddy, they're here~" Boro seemed to know what Zen meant, but tried to go back to sleep. Zen let his body slide off the roof and rolled forward as he landed on Boro on his back. The Wolf Bear grunted as Zen took in the soft feeling of Boro's fur, then half-struggled to get up right. "Come on, Boro. You know what this means." Long ago, Zen had been able to sense spirits and had a connection to cosmic energies. While he did not possess the ability to bend elements, he did have other rather unique talents that only a handful of people had been able to use over the course of the planet's existence. Even then, Zen had abilities no other... what were they called? Whatever they were, Zen had basic understandings of how cosmic energies and spiritual energy effected people. He was also told that there would be a time when he would be needed most, and that he would know when that time was.

TABTAB Zen finally got Boro off the Wolf Bear's lazy butt and soon found himself another perch, this time with an actual visual overview of the groups of people that mixed new arrivals and island natives. Somehow Boro managed to quietly make his way to another shaded spot and tried to nap again. Zen sighed as he once again sat cross legged and eyed each person within the chaotic group, getting better readings of each person. He would not be able to know who his quarry was specifically until he met them face to face, but there was time to do so on more favorable measures.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

A lot of people seemed interested in him -- in the place he was from, and in other aspects of him. He wondered if they, somehow, knew what he was. It wasn't completely unlikely that they knew -- he was, after all, paraded down the road when he first got here. And people could sense energies like the sages could, in some parts of the world. Ba Sing Se? He asked himself. If only he could remember what that city was like, back when he was younger. All he remembered was that it was very strange, truly a place ruled by fear. Even the aristocrats were bred to believe in the Dai Li's superiority, which owned the city. He could remember... that his parents were quite afraid of being censored, kept away from happiness by an iron fist. So, they left, and brought him to that small fishing settlement along the coastline. "I don't really... remember what it was like," He said awkwardly. "There were lots of people, everywhere. So many people that they started building a city outside of the city. It's probably done by now. I haven't been there in a while, so . . ." He shrugged. The Earth Kingdom was a vast place, almost eclipsing the world in its sheer size. He may never return to see Ba Sing Se. It was quite a hike to get back there.

As they continued to talk, he noticed that a young guy had entered the room, and began to look at them from across, down past a few tables. He seemed strange, with white hair and... a bizarre aura. However, the Avatar did not pay much attention to him for now. He was sure that, if he were to become a problem, then he would present himself in time. Instead, he returned to the conversation at hand, and averted his eyes to Liana. "I hope the Avatar can find courage and wisdom too. Strength -- well, that's a given," He smiled a little. If he really was the Avatar, then he'd be unstoppable if given the chance to learn. "And I hope that you can travel like you want. It seems like such a dream to me, but you airbenders can probably traverse the world in no time." He was bad at compliments, so that was the best his were going to get.

His eyes once again averted, back to the water tribe duo. "I like the outfits of the Kyoshi warriors. They're very... cultured. So I can get why you'd want to try it on." He said this begrudgingly, considering there seemed to be an angry Kyoshi spirit haunting him all the time. She was probably his least favorite Avatar at the moment. "Well, anyway..." He leaned back into his chair, pulling his jacket back up and around his upper body. It was getting colder, with night coming. "I'm sure that, whoever the Avatar is, they're probably a bit confused at the moment." The Avatar sighed. "You know, the whole world is turning into a giant mess, and everyone believes that only one person can fix it. Wouldn't things be a bit better if people could solve their own problems?" Han straightened up his posture, and his eyes narrowed a little. His elbows fell back to the tabletop, and he grinned. "I confronted a spirit when I was only a little boy, and again when I grew older," He said. "And yet grown men and women flee in terror and bask in misery, all because they're too weak to even give life a try." He always felt like that, but now more than ever, knowing he was expected to protect them all.

Life was tough, especially for the strong. The strong would always have to hold up everyone on their broad shoulders, and go 12/0 as Urgot.

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

___youwillknownihilism
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:19 pm
User Image

The morning began for her with a start as she realized by the sun coming through the other side of her window that the day had already mostly past. The night before she had been up late practicing earth bending in the swamp because sleep had not been an option. She was anxious as she'd heard through the grapevine that the avatar was going to be in town soon. She was a whirl of motion as she slammed shut the door of the bathroom and stripped her undergarments. She had been dirty, really dirty, from the day before and needed to bathe. So bathe she did. She washed off caked on dirt and mud faster than she ever had before. She looked in the mirror and began applying her very light level of makeup and red lipstick. She combed out her forest of hair after ringing it out lioke it were a towel, and then styled it into waves. She finished that with a flower accessory right on the top of it to the left side. She donned her favorite one piece skirt and fought to get her shoes on as they wanted to give her s**t today of all days. With a frustrated sigh she finally finished and kicked open her door.

She wondered the streets for a little while, seeing her favorite bar was opening up and walking inside. A few guys she'd fooled around with in the village waved at her. She playfully ignored them and spoke to the bartender, slapping down a few coins as she did so. Brandy honeybunch, she told him, and in a half second a bottle was in her hand. She winked at him and then strolled out faster than she came in. She was on borrowed time. She hid away the alcohol in her purse for later in case she had another sleepless night. She heard talk of the avatar from a males mouth and her head craned over to them there was a table of people, none of whom she'd ever met or remembered very well in her still somewhat groggy state. She sat down as the man spoke, probably intruding but not really caring as she was interested and it didn't appear by body language that anyone present knew the others from prior experience. So she sat and looked a the speaker, not knowing he was who she was looking for. He seemed frustrated about the will of the people to fight. It was true most people were too scared of life to live it and that was sad. When he stopped speaking she finally said something in the group, her confidence level showing in her voice moreso than her face. I've never actually had to fight a spirit, but I've been in more than a few fights. I guess I've always just knew that having life meant you were intended to live. she offered. I'd hate to be forced, alone, to have to protect the world like the avatar has to. That's big responsibility. Hopefully one he won't have to shoulder on his own. And there it was. She'd intended to leave home for a while but the opportunity hadn't presented itself until when she found out a person who HAD to travel the world arrived at her own little island. Oh look at me talking without introducing myself! she said assuming everyone was curious to where she came from. My name is Ban Shi Dai, Earthbender supreme from little, boring old Kiyoshi. she said with smile and wave.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:53 pm
Mizuki Souta
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Waterbender ▬▬▬ Northern Water Tribe
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The airbender seemed to be the only one who saw that Mizuki's parents did with her and her brother's names. "They probably did." she responded to Liana. Next, when the earthbender voiced his opinion about the Kyoshi outfit, she could not do anything other than agree. "They are very interesting, aren't they? I dislike the pants they wear though, that's why I improvised a skirt with the green cloth." she said to Han. That skirt however was the issue when her brother put her on the counter. When it became a conversation about how the Avatar had to find strength, courage and wisdom, Mizuki considered it rather boring, but once again did not voice her opinion. What was the point of forcing something like that on the Avatar? It would be much better to simply let him be and eventually find his way, be it as the world's savior or just as another bender. The only issue though was the fact that one element was skipped, it could have something to do with the water element and could have effects on waterbenders such as Mizuki and her brother. If it came to that, well, then Mizuki would think of something... probably. Regardless, it also seemed that Liana was as interested in Ba Sing Se as the waterbender dressed like a Kyoshi Warrior. The same could not be said about the one who said that he lived there though. His response was awkward when he said that he did not remember what it was like. Even more awkward than that was when he said that he had confronted a spirit when he was a little boy, and also later when he grew older. What could he be talking about? Did he really have to face a spirit? Mizuki had no idea. But as if the box of weirdness still had more inside, another person randomly showed up while they were talking, saying that she had never fought a spirit, but she had been in more than a few fights. She then talked about how life was intended to be lived and how she would hate to be forced to do something as the avatar is forced to be the savior of the world. At least she said she hoped that the avatar wouldn't have to shoulder all that on his own. "Isn't that obvious though? Being the avatar doesn't make anyone immortal nor invincible, so it is kinda obvious that the avatar would need help. Specially when you think that he or she would have to learn and master the four elements, which would be pretty much impossible without proper training provided by teachers." she said. Sure, not necessarily one would have to be friends with their teacher, but the journey itself that would involve traveling across the globe would require more than simply traveling methods. Not everyone cared about the avatar, and a journey on his or her own would be likely to end with him being killed before accomplishing anything. At least, that's how Mizuki thought.

Beatriz-chan

Noble Warlord

JellytheBeany

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All this talk about the avatar's and the world needing saving was getting to him, if he was being honest with himself. Not necessarily in a negative way, but not in a positive way either. One could say he was on the borderline of what he was feeling on the topic. Why did everyone believe that the avatar was the only one capable of saving the world? Even right now while he was only a kid, younger than he was. Sure he could master all the elements, communicate with the spirits, and even go as far as to take away another person's bending capabilities [all things Sui had read from the few books he could be bothered to read and also heard from word of mouth], but that didn't give anyone the right to basically place the burden of the whole world on his shoulders. Which was why he found the words of the newcomer, Ban Shi Dai as she addressed herself, to be wise. "I gotta say I agree with Mizu and Banshee..." Looking to the girl now he asked "can I call you Banshee? It sounds cool." A second passed and he continued. "Anyway, whoever this avatar is I'm sure he or she won't have to do it all alone. History has a funny way of repeating itself after all." By this he meant that, throughout the past the avatar had always had close friends that were like family who he could rely on to have his back and aid in situations where he could not do it alone. This was what Sui was referring to.

Leaning forward on his seat and placing a hand on Han's shoulder, he maintained eye contact. "Some people are like that." This was him trying to lighten the mood a bit. Everyone was starting to sound so cryptic and beyond their years. Wasn't it the old people who were supposed to be worrying about the end of the world anyway? Removing his hand from Han's shoulder and moving back to his original position, he folded his arms and asked the question that was on his mind. "I'm curious. Care to explain how you managed to take down those spirits all by yourself? Or maybe you didn't. Maybe someone else did and you're trying to take the credit. I've heard that someone has to be really spiritual or some s**t like that to be able to defeat a dark spirit." There was a mischievous glint in his eyes on the issuance of his challenge. It wasn't that he doubted the kid's words or anything, but he didn't really believe that he had done it on his own. If he had then it just confirmed the reality that Sui had a ways to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 pm

There were more people joining the fray, constantly. And all of them speaking about the Avatar. There was so much interest in that one little subject that it felt visible in the air, and he felt as if perhaps they were all pointing to something. Maybe this was just a joke of theirs and they already knew -- it was confusing. He doubted it was that organized, though. They were from all sorts of different places, all wandering in nonchalantly. This new girl was from this island, and then there was an Air Nomad, some water tribesmen... a guy who only looked, and didn't speak. It was a lot to swallow. The Avatar tried to address everything, but there were so many people talking that he couldn't say everything he wanted to, or even hear them talking over each other. Mizuki didn't like the Kyoshi attire or something, Ban Shi got into lots of fights and was from here -- the Avatar wasn't invincible and needed help. He got that, yeah, but not much of it. Sui, who talked over the two, agreed with them. Interestingly enough.

Sui, who also seemed keen on trying to freak Hanji out, placed a hand on his shoulder and leaned towards him, maintaining eye contact. It was as if he were leaning in to... you know, and the earthbender quickly raised his guard in the initial few months, before letting himself relax when he realized that wasn't the case. Some people are like that, he said. Words, not actions. His reassuring words were, however, followed with questions. He wasn't sure if he was mocking him or trying to lead at something, or what. But he would answer truthfully. "I didn't defeat those spirits. If I could defeat spirits, then I wouldn't have this angry lady with red eyes chasing me all the time. I mean, look over there," He pointed at the beginning of a hall, which led into the exit, or bathrooms -- something he couldn't register. There was a lady, with her faint red glowing eyes, pointing at Han. She seemed completely incapable of keeping their relationship private, becoming more rambunctious about it by the day.

He looked away from her, then back at Sui. "I said I confronted them, I didn't defeat anything. That's way beyond my capabilities." And with that, and all of these claims and challenges of his word, he finally would just come out and let the cat out of the bag. It was annoying to listen to all of these hypothetical avatar speeches that were really being directed at him. And even more annoying to have his spiritual potency be questioned. "I'm sure I'll be able to beat them once I learn firebending, though. And airbending. And waterbending." He crossed his arms, and nodded. "And for sure once I master the Avatar state." There was a small chance they'd take him seriously. It would probably seem like a bad joke on his part, like playfully "invoking Imperial authority". The Avatar could be anyone, so why would it be someone like him?

And yet, apparently, it was him. "Now that we've got that over with," he started, words strained. "I think I'm going to take a trip to the docks. It's hot in here and filled with bad company." He didn't know why he had to suddenly act as if he was displeased. In honesty, he was enjoying himself more than he had in a long time. It was just... there were so many people... and he didn't feel right. Something was just off. He felt like maybe he was lying to them, since he wasn't sure about anything. And inviting this dark spirit into a room of innocent people felt heartless. He could deal with his possessed Kyoshi rip-off on his own.

The earthbender zipped up his jacket, and exited the tavern area. The spirit disappeared, fizzling out into nothing like she often did. He knew she'd be back soon, though, watching him from behind the hull of a ship or behind some trees. That was always the case.

The young man walked across the grass, some of it topped with some stone footing to preserve the image of civilization. He continued on towards the sand, and trekked through it until he made his way to the shore. The young Avatar pressed his back against a pole, which was raised high over all the little rowboats and ships, and began to dig his fingers into the sandy shore. He saw a massive beast leap from the water, though he couldn't catch full vision of it. That must've been the creature the great sages made provisions to avoid -- the Unagi. He could probably swallow a dolphin-seal whole, and maybe a whale-spider at that. There were many interesting creatures in this world, but any outside of the cute, fuzzy, weak ones were out there to kill you. He wondered if the Unagi, large and strong, an apex predator, really felt any enjoyment from life. It was alone, only surrounded by creatures who feared and hated it. Its entire life must've just been a hunt.

Animals were more primitive than both humans and spirits. They only wanted to stay alive. He supposed that just made them easier to protect than his fellow man, though it also made them a lot more stale. "Hulan," The Avatar called out to his companion, who was walking through the trees and looking for . . . a cave, or something. A good place to hide from the world, where others could see while it could not. It used earthbending to find its way, but unfortunately there was no cave to find. That only made it a very confused and aimless creature. However, Han's voice helped it to find its way. "You go sit on guard duty. If you see the Pale Lady--" He gestured with his hand, a swiping motion. "Get her good. I'm tired of dealing with her for today."

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

JellytheBeany

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well that certainly blew the lid off the jar. Sui had known all along that Han was an interesting kid, but he wouldn't have guessed that he was THIS interesting. He had been talking to the avatar this whole time and hadn't even known it. Which is why as he watched him go he couldn't conjure the words to say. He was simply one of the 'bad company' that Han had referred to, and if that wasn't enough of a hint to 'stay the hell away' he didn't know what was. His eyes had been glued to the spirit woman that Han had pointed to, and Sui could have sworn he was looking right at avatar Kiyoshi, but it wasn't long after Han had walked away that the spirit vanished into thin air and the room fell silent with an awkwardness that made the waterbender uncomfortable in his seat. Clearing his throat in an attempt to break the silence, he stood up and faced Mizu, placing his big hands on her small waist and helping her down from the counter to stand before him. "Ya hear that lil sis? We're bad company. Mom must be so proud that we managed to accomplish such a title. He laughed at his own bad joke. When he finally stopped he bobbed from one foot to the next, feeling a bit...out of place. At the moment he wasn't quite feeling like talking much or holding group conversations about the avatar anymore. Instead he felt the urge to go swimming. He hadn't been in the water for a while now, longer than he usually went without taking a dive, and Mizu would be able to read his edgy behavior as such since she knew him far better than anyone else did.

Turning to Liana and Banshee, Sui gave a stiff but genuine bow, his signature smile written plainly on his face. "It was really great meeting you two lovely ladies. I'm almost a hundred percent positive we'll be seeing each other around soon enough. Later." We that he placed his hands on either of Mizu's shoulder's from behind and started motioning her forward and out through the exit. Once outside he released her and kept walking next to her in the direction of the docks. "Leave it to you to pick the weirdest times for us to show up places. Last time you suggested we go to the Fire Palace and we almost ended up getting eaten by that weird monster. The time before that I followed you out to the Arctic Wilds back home in the North and we almost ended up getting eaten by some more weird monsters. And now you walked us right into the place where we actually got to meet the avatar of all people." Though he was accusing her of these things, his tone was anything but harsh. If anything it sounded like he was happy that she always got them into such situations. It gave his life some form of meaning, because otherwise he would have been lazing about in bed all day or out swimming his life away. It didn't take long for them to reach the docks, as this was where he wanted to be; in the water more specifically. He spotted none other than Han a little further away than where he and Mizu were and wasn't sure if the boy had noticed them, but it didn't seem like it, and so Sui decided that he was going to have some fun. Stripping all his clothes off then and there for all-who-wanted-to-see to see, he was left in nothing but a tight fitting pair of undies, his clothes in a pool around his feet. With that done he looked to Sui with a mischievous grin on his face. "Watch this." And with that he ran silently in the direction that Han was with his back turned to them [I think?], ran right past him swiftly, hoping to startle him, and did a cannonball in the water, creating a huge splash with the aid of his waterbending to garner greater results, enough so that it would flood the docks and soak Han completely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Ban listened to all of what was being said at the table with a smile played across her full lips. She looked to Sui when he spoke and said he'd call her Banshee, laughing at his mishearing her name but appreciating the joke and the fact that he agreed with her. She, previously to that, had nodded to what Mizuki had said. It was silly of her to say aloud but her words held nonetheless. She chose to wait to speak again until something was worth coming out of her mouth. Instead she crossed her legs under the table and leaned on her hand, listening to the ravings of the tavern until that interesting fellow spoke again. Her mouth fell open into a gawk and she uncrossed her legs and sat up with a blink. She closed her mouth and regained her slightly broken composure as he let the cat out of the bag.

That wasn't possible... was it? She had just came and sat at a random table and found the avatar?! Of all things and people to suddenly come across she found the avatar. What was even more incredible was that a spirit was less than twenty feet away from her... and then it was suddenly gone. The woman took a moment to process all of that and her face lit up with intention and she looked away as evil plans to escape Kiyoshi ran through her mind. But just as she found the avatar he left and said he wanted to take a nap near the docks. When Sui stood up she rose with him and looked up into his eyes with a bit of that Ban Shi mischief twinkling for more than one reason. Im sure we will, honeybunch. With that she let him go and gave a wave to the air nomad at the table who she hadn't heard speak. By the time she got out of the tavern, a wave of water was coming from Sui straight towards her. She sighed and got low, stomping her bare foot into the ground and pushing her far arm up behind her head. She looked like a slant and a bit of earth rose along her body to direct the water over her head. She walked from under the tent and it fell back down. She smiled at the mischief and dusted herself off.

She went home after the ordeal was done and changed her clothes. She wore a green dress over black leggings now, but was still barefoot, her black feet a sign of her bending abilities if there was one. She packed some food and drink along with a bit too much clothes into a bag and walked back out of her house. She was intent on getting off of this island anyway she could and even if it meant leaving on her own she'd be on that damn ferry as well. She was back in the village near the docks again, now just basically stalking Han. She was sitting on a bench a ways behind him, staring intently, waiting on him to get up and make some world changing, avatar move like reattaching Kiyoshi to the main land. She was basically giddy digging her nails into her own hand and biting her lip in anticipation.

___youwillknownihilism
Vice Captain

A faint smile
Vice Captain

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Liana cracked a smile a Suihara saying the Avatar could have been him if the cycle had not been interrupted. She was glad it had if that was the case. Something about Suihara just put her off, or maybe she was just being presumptuous. What he said was true though, all she had to do was look around the room to see that. There were benders from all over the place, and surely they did not all live here on Kyoshi Island. When Han said he did not remember much of Ba Sing Se, a look of disappointment appeared on Liana's face. She would have loved to hear about the structure of the city and the inner workings. "I suppose it cannot be helped. I simply must visit Ba Sing Se and see it with my own eyes!" Liana said with a smile. It was another adventure that would be tacked onto her list of things to do. Han's words about the Avatar finding the trinity of qualities he needed to save Hyrule their world caught Liana's attention once more. "Being able to fly sure does help. Speaking of which..." Liana had forgotten all about Opai and Kinai who were undoubtedly still flying through the air. She reached into her pocket and retrieved a bison shaped whistle. Liana raised it to her lips and gave it a blow before tucking it away safely. It wouldn't be long now before Opai and Kinai knew it was safe to land.

Hearing Han speak of the Avatar again brought a frown to her face. There were people all over the world trying to solve their own problems, but not everyone had the same spiritual abilities as the Avatar. "I did not mean for the Avatar to fix things on his or her own. We are trying, but having the link between the two worlds surely could not hurt out chances at appeasing the spirits." Liana said just before Han told his story about the spirit. It made sense to her just then as to why Han seemed so uncomfortable with everyone. Dealing with something like that surely was a source of unease. Han probably had to deal with these things more than he was letting on. Liana did not want to pry, but she sure did want to get to know this earth bender better.

Before the conversation could continue yet another stranger joined them at the table. Liana had been watching her since she entered the tavern. The girl was absolutely drop dead gorgeous, and Liana could appreciate a work of beauty. She smiled at her warmly, definitely wanting to get to know this woman much more. Liana lost herself in the conversation for a moment staring at the woman, but recovered when she mentally smacked herself for being so rude. Nobody liked being stared at, and a girl as lovely as this one probably had that happen all too often. Liana did not want to come off as another person who could not control their hormones. So instead she met the eyes of the woman and bowed her head, smiling on the way up. "Ban Shi Dai, what a lovely name. I am Liana of the Air Nomads." Suihara's words had Liana nodding her head in agreement. As far as she could recall from having read stories there had never been an Avatar who acted alone throughout their life. "People have a way of finding others who support their cause. I'm sure if the Avatar truly felt he or she needed help, they could easily find those willing to give it." Liana said, throwing her bit into the conversation before they moved on. She furrowed her eyebrows at Suihara's accusatory tone of his question to Han. The earthbender had said nothing of defeating a spirit, merely confronting it.

And then the next few seconds got weird and fast. Han pointed at something in the corner, and Liana turned to see what he meant. Her heart gave a leap as she tried to figure out what she was really looking at. Then Han goes and says he's the Avatar just before deciding to leave. When she turned back to see the woman with red eyes, it was gone. Liana turned back to catch Han walking out of the building, confusion on her face. What on earth was going on here? Was Han serious when he said what he did about learning the other elements? Had they really just seen one of the angry spirits? Liana intended to find out, and not on the next episode. Suihara was the first to break the awkward silence in the group. Liana tapped her fingers against the table briefly before responding to him. "Something tells me we aren't the bad company he was speaking about..." Liana said, recalling the ghostly image of the woman. It was certainly haunting, and Liana was worried for Han. He seemed so awkward, so unsure of the world. If he really was the Avatar, than he'd need people to give him strength.

Liana was the last to leave from the group, nodding her head at the others who left. She bit her bottom lip lightly and once more pulled out the medallion around her neck. Was this something she should meddle with? Liana was surely one of the least qualified to deal with something of this magnitude, but if she did not try could she ever look at herself the same? With that in mind Liana rose to her feet and left the establishment, looking around to see where everyone had went. She took a brief walk through the village before gazing upward after hearing a rush of wind. Opai had found her and was flying just above her head. Liana felt a warmth spread through her at the sight of her companions. She watched them land on the shore of Kyoshi, not far off from Han and the others. As Liana was making her way over there she spotted Ban Shi Dai sitting on a bench, a bag packed to the brim next to her. Liana redirected her steps and sat down next to the lovely girl. "I'm guessing you're intent on following Han- er, the Avatar now." Liana looked to the left and saw Suihara aiming to splash Han, and assumed not a single one of them was going to forget this chance meeting.

Just then Opai the flying bison landed on the beach, kicking up a load of sand. It gave a tired yawn before letting itself fall to the side, all six of its legs stretching before going limp. Liana looked at her friend with a shamed look on her face. It had been awhile since they rested. Opai was surely hungry. She would have to find some food for her. There was no sign of Kinai her falcon, but Liana figured he was off hunting. "That...thing, the woman with red eyes. If Han spoke the truth this isn't something new for him. I think I want to try and help him. I'm not sure how, but I suspect the way will reveal itself in time." Liana said, tapping into her Air Monk passive of eternal wisdom for just a moment there. Things had quickly gone from interesting to absolutely engaging, and she assumed it would only get wilder from here on out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:39 am
Mizuki Souta
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some oddities aside, the conversation of the group went to the point where the earthbender claimed that he will be able to defeat spirits once he learns firebending, airbending, waterbending and in the end masters the avatar state. He just confessed being the avatar, though Mizu simply considered that he was joking. After Sui's joking about being the avatar, she wasn't really going to take someone seriously about that topic without proofs. Regardless, it did not look like the man was planning on providing proof or even saying that it was a joke. He simply went and said he was going to leave to the docks, and also said that the place was hot and filled with bad company. 'What?!' she thought right away. Mizuki simply watched as the man suddenly turned out to be quite rude to them. Sui, on the other hand, seemed to not mind what was said as he even joked about how their mom would be proud. At the same time, Sui gave off a vibe that he kinda... wanted to get out of there as well. Seeing next how he said good bye to the other two women, she was about to do the same but started being pushed by her brother. "Eh! Bye you two" she said to them in the time she had left before she was pushed out of the establishment by Sui.

Once outside, the two of them started walking, but it was Sui who dictated the direction to where they'd go. He then started talking about how she was responsible for the weird things that happened because of her choice of destinations. "Well, concerning the monsters... it could probably be that they were thinking I smell delicious." she said with a cheerful tone. "You're the one who attracts weirdos though." she said with a similar tone. But then she remembered of how he was acting overly familiar when talking to those two women. "You seem to have gotten very familiar with strangers though, specially women." her tone had suffered a drastic change. But probably he did not listen to her as he started running towards the water, closer to where Han was. "Pagu!" she said out loud and whistled, as from the beach came a rather clumsy creature, walking on the sand as fast as it could. The water that had been moved by Sui to flood the water would also come towards Mizu and her otter penguin friend, so she had to make use of her waterbending to send the water back to the sea. "Catch him!" she said while pointing to where Sui was. The formerly clumsy creature then started running ferociously, one could even swear that it gave off an aura capable of scaring even wolves away. Even though it was friendly with Mizuki, for some reason Pagu did not like her brother. Maybe the otter penguin thought that he should not get close to her. To support Pagu on his way, Mizuki manipulated the water from the sea in an artificial tunnel of water that went towards Sui with Pagu swimming inside it.

Beatriz-chan

Noble Warlord

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Nothing, not even the crashing of an air bison against the sandy shore, could disrupt him from this thought. He was completely entranced in and of himself, thinking deep on his own fate. Everything seemed so absolutely bizarre now. He was surrounded by people from here, from across the world, all people who seemed so dead set on their journey. He was just a wishy-washy farm boy with a knack for getting chased by spirits. Damn, wasn't the Avatar supposed to be a heroic figure of selfless needs and holy regime? He could barely give a damn about other people. All he ever worried about was himself. "..." He exhaled through his nose, and sighed quietly as Hulan began to brush her tail against him. It was always kind of gross feeling, what with the "mole" part to it. But it could still bring him comfort, that she was aware of his current predicament. Perhaps she felt his emotions in the vibrations of the earth. He wondered if she could tell, then, just what it was that really bothered him?

He wasn't even sure himself, honestly. This was just a whole new world for him. Everything was changing so quickly -- he couldn't keep up with it. He found himself exhausted, and all the time. He felt sick to his stomach and broken over his thoughts. It was an illness of the soul, rather than the body. Not something you could easily rid of with a waterbender's hands. Speaking of water, it seemed like Suihara was trying to get him covered in it. The Earthbender rolled his eyes, and brought his arms inward towards his chest, a stoney dome forming around him and covering him from the giant splash. When that receded, he let down the dome and yelled out to the waterbender, "Hey, peaceful meditation here, do not disturb!" Throwing a big rock into the water, aimed to hit Sui, he turned around and shrugged. Now that he'd snapped back into reality, he noticed that there were many, many faces here now. Animals, and humans alike, all looking to be near him. Ban Shi was off staring at him from a bench, he noticed. She seemed to be the silent type, contrary to the others, and contrary to her nickname. He didn't mind that, 'cause he was sort of like that too. Or at least he always thought he was.

He looked back at her, but said nothing. Maybe they'd get along better through silence rather than speech. Han wasn't particularly interesting, so he always dreaded the start of a conversation. Despite that, this was a new day. Maybe he should try something new. "Hey, so Ban-" He froze in place there, then shook his head allowed a certain gloom to overcome his complexion. Nevermind, he thought. He really had no idea what to say.

Han looked towards the waters, to see Sui swimming around in them. He didn't get that -- it must've been so cold, and so dangerous, what with the giant waterbending serpent deeper in. Maybe he should warn him? Getting eaten was too strict of karma for trying to splash water on someone. "You should come out, water guy. There's a big carnivorous monster not too far from the shore. And I don't plan on saving you if you end up in his jaws." He probably shouldn't talk so big, as if he even could save someone from a monster like that. He may have been the Avatar, but he was only an earthbender, and so on roughly the same level as everyone else here. Only with a knack for glowing it up when in trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:40 pm

After the waterbending bomb that covered more of the land that he had initially planned, he swam to the surface and turned around to face the fruits of his labor, only to be met by a stone to the forehead that, mostly due to it catching him unawares, pushed his head backwards and down beneath the surface of the water yet again. He recovered after a second or two and came back to the surface, gently caressing the spot on his forehead that the stone had hit him and looking right at Han with a grin. "At least now I know that you don't let people walk all over you." He wasn't really saying it so much for Han to hear, but simply for saying it's sake. Sui dove back into the water and started swimming around like a pro. He was in his element, completely at ease and free. In the water he could do whatever he wanted and it always calmed him and made him feel much better. He held his breath and stayed under for a few seconds, though he could have gone longer, and rose to the surface again, only to see a funnel of water in the spot that he had just been; which he wasn't too far from right now, with Pagu in it swimming like crazy. A single thought manifested in his mind and it was a simple one; run!

Sui started swimming with much force behind his strokes, creating distance between himself and the otter that had just gotten into the ocean and was speeding its way towards him. It's swimming capabilities far surpassed his own, and so he shifted to a new tactic and started slowly rising from the water until he was standing, no, surfing across the surface of it with as much speed as the otter penguin was swimming. The thing was relentless in its pursuit, and he knew that he did not want it to catch him in its grip ever again. The last time had did it for him. It was back home in the North when he had accidentally kicked it in the side, not having seen it because it had somehow managed to blend in with all the ice on land. Even Bart seemed to be afraid of Pagu, and with good reason too. "Call him off before he eats me!" This was yelled towards Mizu. She always did this whenever he did something stupid. She knew the creature didn't like him and so she always made a point of using it against him. Sure Sui might have been able to waterbend his way out of it all, but he would never hurt Pagu on purpose, even if the creature wanted to hurt him, which it did, constantly, and it never failed to remind him.

It was then that Han's spoke up, saying something about big, monster and you, which Sui interpreted as the kid saying something negative about him. Was he calling him a big stupid monster? That wasn't very nice. Everything was mostly obscured by the sounds of the water underneath and from behind, and he was a bit far out anyway, so he didn't really catch anything beyond that. "Say that again! I dare ya!" he shouted towards the shore at the top of his lungs, which in retrospect is never a good idea. For it was at that moment that a large shadow passed underneath him in the water, catching his attention as he looked down. It vanished just as quickly as it had come. He stopped in his tracks atop the water, all the while looking down, shifting his gaze only long enough to sway his arms in such a manner as to lift a portion of the water around the oncoming otter and lift it along with the orb of water into the air, holding it in place. Roughly twenty seconds had lapsed with him standing in the same position when he saw a shadow form directly underneath him, getting larger and larger, which could mean only one thing. Something was rising to the surface right below him. Sui attempted to move away but the thing was larger than he expected when it emerged from the water and jumped high into the air, knocking him out of the water and in a direction further out at sea than he had just been. The orb of water that the otter was swimming around in fell back into the ocean and the creature started swimming back to shore as the monster fell back in. Uncertain of what the hell that thing was, Sui again started to surf with much haste, this time in the direction of the docks.

JellytheBeany

Omnipresent Noob

___youwillknownihilism
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Ban was nowhere near aware of what was going on in her surroundings, as she was caught up in her musings about the world she may get to explore. Liana's voice broke her daydream when suddenly she began speaking to her. She turned the charm on immediately and turned her head to look at her, focusing her previously scattered attention intently on the exotic woman. Her eyes scanned her scrutinizingly though her expression was locked in on nearly unreadable. Whatever brought you to that conclusion, bunny? she asked crossing her legs as her melodious voice rolled out. She leaned back, placing her hands beside her to balance as if she was sunbathing in the woman's looking at her. Her bare foott, black on the bottom but creamy smooth on the top, twirled around as she cracked the bones loose in her ankle. She looked back to Hanji and noticed him looking at her. When he went to speak her heart jumped, but then just as soon as the encounter began it ended and she sighed as he turned to speak to Sui again.

Instead of mulling she simply put her attention back on Liana as she uncrossed her legs and sat up straight, burying her feet in the ground with a bit of bending and feeling the earth around her toes affectionately. I don't quite remember your name, bunny she spoke. In the process of fixing her posture her hair had fallen in front of half of her face, veiling half of her expression. The one eye she did look up with was locked on Liana's. The gaze would only be broken when Black and Orange Grizzly bear gave a loud roar and came barreling down the street towards her looking like a happy tiger about to tackle prey. As it neared them, it slid to a stop and fell on it's back beside his master. Ban took her foot out of the dirt and started scratching his belly with it. Silly old bengal-bear. This is Omi. she said as the bear-tiger let his tongue hang from his mouth and purred so hard that the ground began to rumble ever so slightly. He rolled over and noticed the bag on the ground and began sniffing it. With an eyeroll she shifted her foot on the ground and the bear was moved away by the earth. He would have none of her food! Well at least not yet. That was when she spoke about wanting to help. I think helping the avatar would be a very fun trip to take indeed. I'd love to kick some spiritual a**! she mused burying her foot in the sand again and smiling genuinely up at Liana again only to have her look interrupted again by Sui's antics in the water.

She almost instantly sprang into action, leaping onto Omi and having him carry her to the docks. She leaped into waist deep water, her skirt now soaked as the Water bender began surfing back to her. With a powerful step she entered a horse stance, making the water come up a bit higher, and then held her arms up, palms open to the ground. She made fists suddenly and brought her arms back.A large rock came up from the surface and floated around her. She held them patiently and as the man surf-swam-bended back to the surface she watched the water intently. The ocean creature was coming from behind him now, intent on making him fly again. Comical as it was she'd have his back. She'd hated that sea monster her whole life, and every time she could she bent a rock at it. With a punch towards the monster she sent the rock barreling past Sui straight into it's head. The collision would be audible and visible, sending water everywhere and making a loud thud. She then rose from her stance and awaited Sui's arrival... or the beasts retaliation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Liana had been watching as the water benders she had met earlier, Suihara and Mizuki, played in the water. She giggled softly at their antics, wondering if they were always like that when they got near water. Most benders seemed to thrive near their own elements, but Liana was never apart from the air. She could conjure a wind blast from anywhere, at any time. She gazed skyward, knowing there was no greater freedom than flying high through the air. Up there nothing could reach her. Liana could fly right on over her troubles, soaring far beyond all that was below. She watched as Kinai circled above, tilting his wings and letting the air rush over him, pushing him downward. It took Liana a considerable amount of time to figure out how to ride air currents, and she had always admired birds for their ability to pick it up so easily. She sighed wistfully, hoping to be something that could fly in her next life.

Liana's musings were interrupted when Hanji showed up, looking as uneasy as someone who just discovered a used bandage in their cabbage stew. Apparently he had plucked up the courage to speak, but when he did he immediately stopped and cast his gaze to the waters. Liana followed his eyes and looked out to Suihara in the deep. Han hadn't been lying about the spirit, so Liana believed him when he said there was something in the water. Han saying he wouldn't rescue Suihara made Liana think about what she would do in such a situation. Without hesitation she already knew she would help, even if it put herself in danger. Liana had to strain her ears to hear what Suihara had said, and even then she didn't really pick it up. What she did notice was the unnervingly large shadow swimming beneath Suihara. Liana reached her hand backward and reached for her staff, ready to take off at a moments notice in order to help the water bender.

Ban's voice had her half-turning to look at her. When Liana met her gaze she lost herself for a moment, realizing once more that she had been staring. "The bag. You didn't have that with you in the tavern. I saw you looking at him as well. I don't blame you. The Avatar...now that's bound to draw in some craziness." Liana said, keeping her eyes on the water. It wasn't until Ban shifted over that she sat down, plaing her feet close to each other in case she had to push off the ground and take flight. "Liana, by the way." She said, offering to shake Ban's hand. Unlike her actions with Han, Liana would kiss the top of Ban's hand if she gave it to her. She was just a classy girl like that. The roar startled Liana, who had been so intensely staring at the waters. She turned her head at the creature, smiling once she saw it. There was one thing she absolutely loved about their world, and it was the creatures. All sorts of beings were on this planet, each one of them interesting in their own way. It appeared as if everyone here had chosen to befriend one of these animals, two in Liana's case. Liana reached out to Omi, leaning over Ban's legs to scratch at him. "Well hello Omi, I am sure Opai would just love you!" In response to its name being called, the sky bison let out a lazy roar and flapped its tail on the ground, shooting a gust of wind that kicked up sand.

When Liana straightened up she accidentally brushed Ban's thigh with her hand and immediately shot up an apologetic look to the woman. As much as Liana would love to have her long legs wrapped around her she would never do something so risque without having permission first. In order to make a quick recovery Liana reached up and brushed a strand of hair out of her face, clearing her throat and speaking swiftly. "I hope we can take that journey together, then. I'm not intending to miss out on anything." Liana said with a smirk on her face. She absentmindedly twirled the staff in her hands, briefly forgetting about Suihara and the leviathan shadow beneath him.

A faint smile
Vice Captain

Dedicated Friend

Beatriz-chan

Noble Warlord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:48 pm
Mizuki Souta
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mizuki did not expect Sui to swim away from the island in order to escape from Pagu, at least not that much. More than that, she did not expect some sort of monster to show up so close to the shore. She was aware of the sea serpents and would never dare to cross those waters without being careful, but for one to show up so close to the shore was unexpected. "Sui!!!" she exclaimed when the monsters revealed itself, coming out of the water and knocking Sui even further into the open sea. In the mean time, Pagu swam as fast as it could towards Mizuki, to make sure she was safe. Not sure of what to do about that monster, she could only make use of her ability with the waterbending to fight it. While Sui attempted to return to the shore, Mizuki manipulated the water underneath him in order to bring him back to the shore as fast as possible. The portion of water she controlled was moved in a sphere like form, around Sui, that would be used to throw him safely at the shore. She noticed the girl that stood where Sui was moving to, though she was on land and made use of her own art to face the serpent. However, on her own it was unlikely that she'd do anything against the monster. The young waterbender rushed to where Sui would land after being thrown out of water, in order to assist him as they now would have to ward off the gigantic snake along with the earthbender that stood up to help Sui with her art and the air bender that readied.

[EA] Earth Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff