Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar the Last Airbender: [Spirit's Wrath]

Back to Guilds

Roleplay Guild based off of Avatar the Last Airbender 

Tags: Roleplay, Martial Arts, Avatar, Airbender, ATLA 

Reply [EA] Ba Sing Se
Earth Bending Academy and Training Grounds Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:10 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

Fry look over to Hiiragi's possess that isn't really going anywhere. "Hay now, don't forget of your stance! Your legs need to a bit spread out to support your strength with your feet planted down. For example.." Fry placed a bag of sand over to the young girls shoulder. "Keep your legs steady and you wont loos balance and fall over. Run around with the bag on your back. Your strength isn't basted on using the bending. Get a move on now!" Fry pushed her forward to do a bit of her training. She's a bit slow on her process, so he'll have to keep an eye on her.

Fry than notice Michael came along tours him. The boy looks a bit odd of the way he dress but reaching a mature age. He would never thought he would hear the day that someone asking to hear his wisdom. "So your in the process of helping out our avatar too, ay? Well I can help you with training to get stronger, but if you hoping to travel and off to the open world; it's best that you head over to the "Outer Wall" and head over to the Docks." Fry walked over to his stack of papers and toss out a scroll from his collection to Mechael. "Here's a map. Traveling on foot or on bout is a tiring journey with each of the city are far apart. Keep track where you go and less time will be wasted. Know your "South and North" and you'll be find." Fry smiled friendly to him, giving him a little help like he wanted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:29 pm
User ImageUser Imagexxx═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════xxx
xxxxx ϻichael Ånderson xxxxx
☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢ xxx "If I there's a way, I will find it. If there isn't, I'll create it." xxx ☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣
xxx═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════xxx
xxx ☣☢ xxx xxx Title: Nonexxx Nation: Republic Cityxxx Rank: Traineexxxxxx ☢☣xxx
xxx ☣☢ xxx xxx xxx Primary: Undecidedxxx Specialzation: Undecidedxxx xxx ☢☣ xxx

xxx Chuckling at the teacher Michael thought for a moment about what he had said. "Well, thanks for the offer of training. Right now, however, I'm not sure I know what I would train in." He paused a moment and then added, "If the rumors about what happened in Republic City are true the avatar will need help. I don't suppose you know where I could find her? I guess that's as good of direction as any." He had decided then and there that his path would be to aid the avatar if she would have him. All he needed to do now was find her. His journey to aid her would more than likely not be easy. Then again, life never was for him. He took the map from the teacher and waited for a response. Any direction at all would be welcomed.

xxx (((OOC: None)))

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢ xxx Energy: 350/350 xxx ☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢
Skill(s) Used: None

Chilling2

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

"Sorry, I'm not the one keeping track of babysitting her. When living here, she would spend most of her time over at the palace, mastering her earth element wile longing for an adventurous travel outside the walls. If she isn't at that Pro-bending tournament or here, than she may as well had traveled off anywhere in the world.... Sorry I'm not much help." His eyebrows curves upwards, knowing that he wasn't much help when the search could lead the young man to everywhere the map could hold. Just for one little girl that could be anywhere...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:17 pm
User ImageUser Imagexxx═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════xxx
xxxxx ϻichael Ånderson xxxxx
☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢ xxx "If I there's a way, I will find it. If there isn't, I'll create it." xxx ☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣
xxx ☣☢ xxx xxx Title: Nonexxx Nation: Republic Cityxxx Rank: Traineexxxxxx ☢☣xxx
xxx ☣☢ xxx xxx xxx Primary: Undecidedxxx Specialzation: Undecidedxxx xxx ☢☣ xxx

xxx Sighing a little, Michael pocketed the map and then thought for a moment. If she had mastered earth she could be going to learn the next element in the cycle. Which if he remembered correctly, it was fire. "Suppose she mastered earth, fire would be next. Correct? So I guess the fire nation would be my goal. She'll eventually turn up there." He was mostly talking to himself but he was kind of hoping for some reassurance. Now having a direction and a goal he felt better than he had in a long time. "Thanks for the help!" He shouted as he walked out of the training area. Throwing his hand in the air with only two fingers, pointer and middle, as a gesture of good faith and goodbye. He was going to have to get skilled if he was to help the avatar, but he felt it more important to find her before anything else. Off he went to find Avatar Tohru and ask her for permission to be her guardian.

xxx (((OOC: Exits to... Somewhere. I don't see the docks anywhere on the list of topics, so I dunno where to go.)))

☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢ xxx Energy: 350/350 xxx ☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☣☢☣☢☣☢☣☢
Skill(s) Used: None

Chilling2

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Sirius927

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:27 pm
User Image
Kenshin Ryou

"Live for the fight, there is no moment like such. Embrace the rush of adrenaline and don't let anyone stand in your way."

"Ha! Let's do this!." Kenshin took control of the boulder and got into position for his 'Earth Pushes'. Once he was settled he placed the boulder onto his back. He hardly even budged. A grin on his face he set to doing to the Earth Pushes, keeping the boulder in place with a bit of his bending. He completed them rather simply, though towards the end they got a bit difficult what with the weight. Kenshin then flipped himself around, sending the boulder into the air where he caught it rather deftly. He began lifting the boulder and pressing it above his head, fifty times. Sweating and grinning with satisfaction he threw the boulder to the ground, lodging it into the earth. "What's next?" Kenshin said with a grin on his face, he hadn't changed much.

((Sifu is what masters are called in the Avatar Universe actually... Hahaha))

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 am
+Hiiragi Sumisu+

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "..."Hiiragi blinked at first when the weight was put on her but quickly took up a stance that kept her balanced and began to run at a steady pace around the training grounds. Being a travelling blacksmith she was used to carrying heavy loads like this- she often carried heavy metals rocks and gemstones from city to city and town to town. She moved easily around the arena, her feet firmly placed on the ground with each step, holding her ground. Hiiragi only looked like a pampered rich girl, but she could look after herself!

Out Of Crystals:  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:13 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

"Very good Kenshin." Fry look over to him. "Now run around the this training area at least 75 times. Got to work on your cardio. It's alright to take some shorts for water. Don't want my students passing out on me." He reminded him. It's a warm climate here in the earth nation after all.

Fry than look back to Hiiragi that isn't looking to happy. "Okay, that's good enough. You can place the sack down." He said, figure she got it the idea and let her stop running. "So now with the stance, I want you to grab the feel of the earth. Your chi energy helps to reach out to the elements and move it or bend it to your will." His leg was spread, his bare feet on the dirty floor. His arms up like he was ready for a fight, but with moving only so slightly that a faint rumbling sounds came under the ground. "Feel the earth right below you. You were born on it so you should control it. What's the difference's between you and it?" He tried showing her what he means. Though chi can't be seen, but she should know what he means since sh knows she's an earth bender.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 pm
User Image
Kenshin Ryou

"Live for the fight, there is no moment like such. Embrace the rush of adrenaline and don't let anyone stand in your way."

"Laps huh?" Kenshin shook his head and picked up the boulder, a little extra challenge for him. "Got it." All the while Kenshin kept up his confident grin. But he had taken notice to the girl Hiiragi, she seemed somehow familiar. Easily upper class here in Ba Sing Se, he had likely met her at one of his parents important events that they had dragged him to, no matter how reluctant he was to do so. The willpower she displayed though was wonderful, Kenshin was happy to see another upper class like himself actually doing something with their lives, instead of sitting around talking all day. Kenshin set to his laps. He finished in about an hour, it's a pretty big training ground. Once done he threw the rock to the ground and grabbed a water skin, drinking his fair share. Wiping his mouth he grinned back at Fry. "Come on, you gotta have something real to teach me."  

Sirius927

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

Fry look over to to Kenchin, working out some sweat through the exercise. "Heh, my training isn't enough for you?" He grinned back. "Well I would like to get you down to the big thing but can you wait after I've done training with her? I'm sorry, but you just have to wait and chill for a bit. I need to have complete focus once I give your test." He said back to him. Feeling sorry to do everything at once. The girl will be in the way once he faces Kenshin.

((Sorry, be patient. ))

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 pm
User Image
Kenshin Ryou

((Ha it's cool, I need to learn Stage 2 and techniques anyway if we're taking the test.))

Kenshin nodded his head and undid a scroll of Earthbending he had picked up. Time to learn stage two of traditional style Earthbending. Kenshin sat down and read over the scroll, gaining an understanding for its foundations. Once he finished he stood, ready to begin.

((1/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin began to meditate, allowing himself to become even more attuned to the earth than before. He breathed deeply, before outstretching his palms and sliding his feet along the ground. His style of Earthbending was quite similar to that of badger moles. He raised the earth and set it back, almost in rhythm, as he continued to let his bending become more attuned with himself.

((2/13)) Traditional Stage 2

This would take a while. Kenshin was attempting to not only see the ground that he bent, but to also feel the shifts in the earth as he did them. He, like most people, were accustomed to sight and therefore relied on it for just about everything. Sure large shifts in the earth were easy to feel, but he wanted to be so attuned that he could feel even the slightest twitch of the earth.

((3/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin began lifting spires a short distance away, feeling the change in the earth. At this distance it was not difficult, but it was hard to feel the shift when he knew he was the one controlling it. But it was becoming more distinct, the only thing to do now was to make the shifts less noticeable, like adding more distance or making the shifts smaller.

((4/13)) Traditional Stage 2

The young Earthbender trudged on, keeping the distance but making the tremors in the earth much smaller. He continued this process for a bit before making the tremors further away, starting out large, thankfully, even at a greater distance the tremors were rather easy to feel now that Kenshin was becoming more attuned to feeling small changes.

((5/13)) Traditional Stage 2

As the process continued Kenshin was finding all aspects of his bending to improve. His accuracy, positioning of spikes and tremors, his control overall. Now that he was feeling the earth on a much different level, the whole process of bending it seemed all the more simple.

((6/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin was certainly pushing his limits now. Having closed his eyes long since starting he was beginning to move his tremors a fair distance away. Not that it was interrupting his sifu training the other girl, but the distance was getting rather impressive. Kenshin was beginning to notice that to bend earth he was relying less and less on seeing it, and was more so able to feel the earth in a considerable range around him. It was at the point that Kenshin could pinpoint spots behind him and bend them without actually looking and focusing on it.

((7/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin was getting the hang of this, soon would come the practical application of this new found sense. He continued to push his boundaries, the tremors becoming more distant and small. After a while the tremors stopped and Kenshin sat down, eyes still closed. He waited.

((8/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin had placed himself a fair distance away from his sifu and the new student. Even so, Kenshin could feel the student's feet hitting the ground as she ran. If he was mean spirited enough he could likely trip her easily without even looking. A grin found its way onto Kenshin's face once more, his sense became so good he could small critters burrowing in the earth fair distances from where he sat. He stood, now for the real reason he had begun this training.

((9/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin's eyes snapped open, grin still in place, as he stamped the ground. Multiple rocks, around six to be exact, rose from the earth all surrounding him. Earlier he had only been able to lift rocks in front of him, from the earth he could see. Now however, he had the ability to move the earth without looking at it.

((10/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin practiced this skill with rock spikes, rock throw, boulders, everything. Lifting the earth behind him to kick it towards a dummy that he was not even facing. His sense for bending the earth had improved vastly and he looked much more fluid, he had to think less about the simpler things, allowing him to divert attention to more complex things.

((11/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin continued in this vain for a while, before he began to produce more boulders, he produced spikes and began to punch certain sections away. He had glimpsed the skills of the second stage and was practicing for them. They seemed simple enough, but that was not always the case, especially here.

((12/13)) Traditional Stage 2

Kenshin finished his training by attaching small chunks of earth to his body. Not enough to consider as armor, but still. He also practiced his rock throw, trying to focus on more than just a few rocks now that he had to focus less on actually producing said boulders.

((13/13)) Traditional Stage 2 Learned!

Sirius927

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 am
+Hiiragi Sumisu+

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "We are animate, the earth is inanimate."Hiiragi supposed that was a reasonable answer as she dug her feet firmly into the ground, attaching herself to it. She could feel the chi joining herself to the earth, and when she placed her arms in the air, mimicking Fry's action the earth rumbled beneath her feet, it's crunching and shaking audible. She blinked when Fry said the other would have to wait until she had finished and she flushed guilitily, "If I'm in the way I can find somewhere else to train...I don't want to be a bother to you two if you want to do some more advanced training..." Though she was talking she was still focusing on her bending, her stance stayed firm and still.

Out Of Crystals:  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:17 am
User Image
Kenshin Ryou

Kenshin had gone back to reading his scroll, now checking the different abilities within this newly mastered stage. He heard Hiiragi speak up and lifted his gaze to look at her before giving a goofy but genuine smile. "Haha, don't worry about it, I'm still teaching myself over here to prepare for my test. Please, continue you're training." Kenshin chuckled and grinned at her before going back to reading his scroll.  

Sirius927

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 pm
User Image

NPC Fry

"Yeah, like he said. Your almost there anyways." He stayed focus on her. "Now you got your chi down, now it's time to move the earth! You must give a strong tog or pull to the rock off the ground. A nice jerk using all your might to force them. Remember, rocks wont accept softy's to order them around. You must be hard and tough, one with the earth." Fry swat his right hand to the side than suddenly the rock came out of the ground shape like a spike, been pulled out to the distraction his arm go. His other arm jerk upwards and another stone rock did the same. He broke those two off the ground and have it in his control in the air. The rocks he is bending is only the side of his forearm. This was a good example for her to try.

[Hiiragi next post= Stage 1, Traditional earth bending learned!]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:48 pm
User Image
Kenshin Ryou

Kenshin rolled up the scroll, seemingly satisfied. Putting the roll of paper away he stood and stretched. He allowed his body to get limbered up, a smile plastered on his face he stomped the ground and six rocks shot up from the ground. Now it was time to learn some skills. He allowed the rocks to move towards his body.

((1/7)) Stone Armor

Kenshin pulled the rocks up close to his body, however, it seemed as though this was ineffective. Sighing Kenshin pushed the rocks away. He scratched his head and then snapped his fingers. Spreading his hands out he went through the arduous task of breaking the boulders down. He did this meticulously, he couldn't break them down to much or they would be worthless as armor, but leave them too large and the same problem arose.

((2/7)) Stone Armor

At this point the beating sun had taken its toll on Kenshin. "Well, I might as well work on my tan." Kenshin removed his vest and undershirt. Setting the two articles of clothing next to Bao and Takuma he proceeded with his training, sweat beading down his tan skin. Kenshin muscles flexed as he raised six more boulders and began to work away at them.

((3/7)) Stone Armor

Kenshin had the boulders worked down to the perfect size, now it was just a matter of melding them onto his body. He pulled them in closer, gently as to prevent seriously hurting himself. Once this was completed he had a decent set of armor, however, it was not perfect. "When you set out to do something Kenshin, you gotta do it right." He muttered and dropped the rocks. He took a swig of water before pouring some on his head to cool down.

((4/7)) Stone Armor

Kenshin shook his head and looked at the earth, this was taking too long. Kenshin stomped the earth, visualizing the perfect measurements and shape to the rocks that would cover him. In this instance the rocks came shooting from the earth in the exact shape and size that Kenshin wanted. The rocks latched onto his body, covering him from head to toe. However certain chunks were missing, it seemed that he made a miscalculation about the amount of earth he would need. Dropping the armor, he tried again.

((5/7)) Stone Armor

Kenshin stamped the earth yet again and the armor latched itself onto him like before. Only this time he had the perfect amount of earth, covering everything but his eyes. Kenshin began to move in his new armor set and went from running to fighting in it, testing it out, once he felt he had the perfect fit it was time for the next step.

((6/7)) Stone Armor

Kenshin turned to face three dummies, this was the easy part, and the most fun. He stomped down and pushed his arms forward. Suddenly the gauntlets that form his armor shot of and demolished two dummies, then he kicked out and sent what would be the grieves at two more, crushing them as well. He repeated the process until his armor was stripped. He had wiped out a total of ten dummies with that. Wiping his head Kenshin sat down, drinking more water, it was hot today.

((7/7)) Stone Armor Learned!

Sirius927

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:45 am
+Hiiragi Sumisu+

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Traditional bending learned!

Rock Spike!

Hiiragi nodded and watched Fry carefully although her stance didn't budge in the slightest. Slowly she raised her leg before slamming it onto the ground below it. She thrust her body forwards as she did this and a spike of rock shot upwards. It was as if she was pulling the rock from the ground with her body. With a final jerk of her hands she detached the missile-like shaped rock and made a punching action towards it. Several miliseconds after she had done this the rock shot into the wall on the other side of the arena. A small smile graced her lips at the sound of the distant crunch of rock meeting rock.

Out Of Crystals: I'm a little confused as what to post but I tried my best with this one ^^;;  
[EA] Ba Sing Se

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff