Submit

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:07 am
if you wish for that to be your heritage, then that's fine by me. Just no royalty  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:10 am
I would hope not royalty then you wouldn't be able to go anywhere without the tribal secret service with you xD  

Akihiko Kazuki

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:15 am
lol, I'm just kidding Snuff, I know it was Urban

Anyway... I wish the sun warrior style was more detailed in the show lol, it felt just like regular firebending.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:39 pm
So... is there equipment rules? I didn't see any.

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 pm
DGwar
So... is there equipment rules? I didn't see any.

Equipement is just things like swords. As long as you keep is sensible, it's alright. I may also allow a toned town version of the "Power Glove" the equalists were rock''n later on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:42 pm
This is probably a stupid question, but can earth benders do their thing if they're in mid-air?  

Ro Mayvine

Pesky Ghost

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:48 pm
Ro Mayvine
This is probably a stupid question, but can earth benders do their thing if they're in mid-air?

as long as they can make contact with the earth. If you launch a stone, jump into the air and kick it to give it a little more zing somehow, then yes. But you cant jump into the air and raise a collumn or anything like that  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:58 pm
Er, slightly random question, but what's the reason behind benders not being able to learn martial arts?  

Ro Mayvine

Pesky Ghost

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:07 pm
Ro Mayvine
Er, slightly random question, but what's the reason behind benders not being able to learn martial arts?

Then there would be no point in being a non-bender. Benders get superpowers, non-benders get to run around like ninjas with swords and kung fu. It makes it fair. However benders can learn one hand-to-hand martial art so they aren't completely helpless.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:28 pm
Sergeant Bloodhound
Ro Mayvine

Then there would be no point in being a non-bender. Benders get superpowers, non-benders get to run around like ninjas with swords and kung fu. It makes it fair. However benders can learn one hand-to-hand martial art so they aren't completely helpless.
No they get 1 weapon style <.< The reason I ask though is because almost all the stylized bending in the show is based off of real martial arts.  

Ro Mayvine

Pesky Ghost

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:16 pm
Ro Mayvine
Sergeant Bloodhound
Ro Mayvine

No they get 1 weapon style <.< The reason I ask though is because almost all the stylized bending in the show is based off of real martial arts.

I thought it was weapon too, but I thought I saw a crew say... Whatever. Anyway, they get magical martial arts, but in my mind it's simply to make it fair, since we don't want a person who would be able to go around and beat people with martial arts, weapons, and bending, that would be a bit annoying. If you're asking why can't they also learn a hand-to-hand martial art instead of a weapon art, I don't know. There is most likely a deep and reasonable explanation for it.
Mods, take over please.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:22 pm
Sergeant Bloodhound
Ro Mayvine

lemme clear this up...
nonbenders get hand to hand and weapons. Benders get bending and weapons...weapons are an all around deal...

there is no deep reasonable explanation. Benders are good for ranged, but if you get in close, their done...I just wanted a level playing field for everyone.  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 am
that's not entirely true...

get in close on an earthbender with rock/metal armor and you'll be more screwed than an injun in the huntin' season, yeehaw!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:19 pm
Could a character be a different kind of bender from the nation they come from?  

Ro Mayvine

Pesky Ghost

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Ro Mayvine
Could a character be a different kind of bender from the nation they come from?

Until they(mods) say you can't.
It's probably allowed, but it will be harder to learn your bending.
The idea crossed my mind as well, but meh.  
Avatar the Last Airbender: Spirit's Wrath

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff