Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World is Ours // CLOSED

Back to Guilds

The roleplay haven. Join for endless fun~ 

Tags: Roleplaying, Literate, Fantasy, Action, Adventure 

Reply {{:Literate/Advanced Lit Rps:}}
The Firmament of Avelle (Accepting / Starting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrincessMaharea

Romantic Cultist

9,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 am
User Image
"Alyessa" :: General Sagittarius

I have no home, the sky is my roof, the earth my bedding.
I have no love, the sun keeps me warm as any lover would.
I have no family, my heart and the gaia is my salvation.

Alyessa was prepared to correct the demon that she did not say his kind were emotional, he was the one that was emotional. However his sister properly interrupted, at least she knew where her loyalty and her respect is placed, perhaps she needed to give her brother some lessons in how to treat those that were above him and superior to him. She turned up her nose before seeing him go and hit his sister. In an instant Alyessa has been there and gave a hard roundhouse kick to the mans jaw from the side, knocking him back an down onto the ground as she growled, her pink eyes shining a red for a moment. She would not have this kind of childishness in her presence.

"There will be no blood spilt upon these sands! I will not waste my time playing nurse maid to two fools!"

Alyessa turned form them then, mounting a white horse, looking down to the other two then.

"You will behave yourselves. You may respect me with your silence, or I will be forced to silence you both myself. And my threats are never empty ones General Gemini; you may take my word on this."

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:12 pm
Ackear Umbra
Asaosh of Balance / Libro
User Image

"Trust me when I say that ANYWHERE would be better than being in forced to live in a library for potentially the rest of my life. It's nice here, but there are times when I simply wish to... spread my wings and soar."

Blinking gently as she tugged at the cloth he wore around his eyes, Ackear listened to what Selani had to say. It was true that most lore would depict the Scales user as a woman, but Ackear wasn't a female. This much, he truly knew. Still, that wouldn't deter his duties as the bearer of the Scales. Watching her as she stood up and offered him a hand, he smiled lightly before placing his into hers and his other arm taking hold of the book.

"I would love to see it," he stated as he took to his feet, waiting for her to lead him.

Come one, come all
Let the Scale judge your soul
Be it good, and you will triumph
Be it evil, and your spirit is forever foul...

< OOC: Ah, I see. XP And it's fine, really. Despite the misspelling, I knew who you were talking about. (: >

Miera42

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 pm
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Selani didn't answer his comment for a while, her face turned away from Ackear worried. But her hand did tighten just the slightes bit in reaction to his words. After they had made it halfway to the room she had been working in, Selani turned to face the other Asaosh with a serious expression. "Do you truly believe that? Are you willing to pay the price the Prince expects for such a 'treat'?" she asked, eyes hard and hurt as she raised her free hand to touch at her neck again. "Think carefully before you make your choice..." Sliding her hand from his, Selani pulled down the high collar she preferred to hide her shame...a collar. "I have to wear this at all times, so I can be chained down when out of Upsilon...the PRINCE didn't believe my words that the Urn kept me here just as solidly as a chain..." Selani's words were bitter, hard and angry as she lowered her head, tears coming into her eyes. "And he had the rabbit do it...such insult, threefold. To have your word doubted, when you're a creature of honor. To be chained, collared like a simple animal when you're a being of pride...of freedom. And to be forced to let a younger, a mere child, do it, have that power over you? Our so-called "prince" is nothing but a bully who enjoys belittling those he deems too lofty. There is NOTHING noble about such a man..." By this time the tears were actively coming, and after slicing the air angrily, Selani turned away and hunched her shoulders, her head hanging out of the shame and hurt she still felt at the memory of the guards forcing her head down in subservience as the collar was put on, and the spell invoked to allow it to grow to the proper size whichever form she was in.

"I thought he'd be reasonable...I was wrong. So decide...is it worth the smirching of everything you are, everything you believe in, to be chained to freedom?" Holding herself and trying to stop her tears, Selani barely held back saying that there wasn't balance in that... Ackear was the scales, if he wasn't already against the Empire Selani didn't want to purposefully set him off. As it was, she hated the emotions that rose up when she replayed the scene in her mind as the prince completely disregarded the work she had done for him, the sweat and blood she had invested as a "general" even if she didn't fight that often. But to be reduced from freedom to a collar...to have 'freedom'... "I can understand if you feel less of me...I wouldn't want to be around an Asaosh who let themselves be chained so they could fly...there's no balance to that."

Walking away, Selani still hugged herself, head down as she held back more tears; she had shown enough weakness as is, she couldn't show more. Returning to where she had her reasearch, Selani had moved slowly enough so that if Ackear still wanted to follow, he could. That, and the icecrystal's glow was pretty bright as it reacted around the energy she was putting off from being emotional. Standing over the desk in the center of the room, bookshelves perpendicular to the desk taking up the space behind it and a few steps from the door to Selani's hunched form as she still tried not to cry, the young Asaosh stared down at the papers of her latest research. It was something she had thought of while looking into more stories about Ma'ak-Tur'a. If it HAD been a tainted star relic, and someone had been a bearer of that relic...did the star relics affect their users as well as the people using the relics? Her current research was checking reports of various generals, tracking the behaviors and racial patterns of each relic's bearer. There wasn't much, since the known ones hadn't been out for a while, but still...it troubled Selani that the relics could affect their chosen bearers, more than just the person's temperment already suiting the Relic and the Sign it represented.

~*~

I am Selani K'Thanuk, Asaosh

General OoC:
Gee, thanks Tytun... s: *being playfully sarcastic* and the link is the longest post I have ever typed, a story I just blabbed down to explain why Selani was such a nuisance to Alyessa lol

She interrupted a fight XD

PrincessMaharea

Maharea, do I dare hope the bunny's being smart and her "no blood spilt" comment is to avoid awakening the freaking evil Ma'ak-Tur'a? biggrin be cool if you remembered that and Selaniks warnings once she found out~ ^^ lol

Tytun

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:01 pm
Ackear Umbra
User Image

By the time Ackear realized his foolish mistake in his words, it was already too late. Hurt by the words, Selani showed him just what it meant to be 'free'... From the sight alone, the male could feel the powerful magic radiating from that collar, the instrument of which broke her chances of ever being free. She was right, though... The prince was far from anything known for its nobility. Ackear had it, in comparison to his friend here, lucky with just being locked up here...

And so, Ackear followed Selani back to her work place in silence. His mind was focused on one thing... to bring a balance back to her mind. If not for her, then for him. He had made her cry... he had to restore her balance with happiness. As she stood over all of her papers, the male rested a hand gently upon her shoulder as he, with little force, turned her around to face him. Once that was done, he then slowly wrapped his arms around her back, pulling her into him as he rested her head over his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Selani," he spoke with a soft tone. "I spoke without knowledge nor consideration, and offended you in a way that was unintended." He wished he knew he could say to comfort her right now, but he wasn't sure... Anything he could have said might come out negatively to her, and so his eyes fell to the table. Staring at the papers, he blinked as he slowly let her go, asking, "What are these? Ma'ak Tur'a?"

Come one, come all

< OOC: Oh really? I shall have to read it sometime, then. >

Miera42

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:43 pm
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Tensing again at his touch, it took Selani slightly longer to relax, and even then her musles didn't completely loosen. But she still moved as Ackear put his hand at the back of her head and rested it on her shoulder. Still shaking slightly from her tears, Selani kept her arms close to her body, but lowered her head so the part touching Ackear's shoulder was higher than her cheek. Taking a deep shuddering breath, she shook her head and wiped at her face with a few more sniffs, trying not to hiccup. "You...didn't know. My reaction is...too bound in the past. I know better than to have such an overreaction to ignorant words...they're just words." Taking a deep breath and making a slightly regretful face at Ackear's back for the loss of contact, Selani walked over and messed with the papers a bit, pushing one with a strange script and a graphic picture of a sinkhole in the middle of a black splatter with bodies everywhere.

"Ma'ak - Tur'a...no one knows for sure what he was aside from a great evil. Long story short, many centuries ago the land by Al Gieda where the Sagittarius and Gemini are, used to be jungle by the town. Deeper in the desert, tribes waged constant battles over honor and water. There is debate as to how it came about, but Ma'ak - Tur'a spread, corrupting everything and everyone he touched. Unspeakable things happened, and it seems the 'Dark Ones' of our kind came from this time, the evil beasts that aim only to consume or destroy all. They can't even speak anymore."

Selani's voice was quiet, serious...concerned, as she summarized her discoveries.

"Knowledge was lost for many years...no one was in their right minds enough to pass it on. A few people, at least one from EVERY race...even the so-called "pure" demons...were able to fight against the insanity and the mad that had been taken over. They sealed him with their blood...but with dark blood he can be revived. The effects were so widespread, so vastly unimaginably destructive to, well...EVERYTHING...that I wondered if a relic had been tainted and used to start the whole mess." Selani sighed, and frowned, voice pretty much steady now although she still gave a sniff every now and then. "So, I was looking up to see if I could find out what the relic was, or if there was one involved. But also...and your past divulgences are pertinent...I wondered if a relic could affect the user? Because the person already has an attitude, a mindset that let's the use the relic, as a representative. One reason I thought it interesting you prefer wearing the blindfold, as Justice...she who holds the scales, at least in original interpretation...is blind taking neither side as she judges with the Scales. And that is represented by the innocent yet harsh lack of sight she has...via blindfold. But that's...not where I had meant to go with that. I wanted to see if I could find something consistant through the various past bearers of the known relics. For example, the past Aquarius was a Viera, more aggressive like Alyessa is. But he was uncaring, and basically p*ssed off everyone he had met. He died after placing the Urn where I had found, and received it. Fate is a funny thing, as the stream it had made brought harm and death to my clan...but also brought me to the Urn. So, while I can be mindless of what I say at times and unintentionally offend, it's not like I annoy EVERYONE I meet... And that raises a few questions."

"Was he really meant to bear the urn, or just placing it for the next person? Did the Urn want me specifically, so had him set up the circumstances that would catch my interest and actions? If he WAS meant to be the bearer, why are his...admittedly recorded...actions and attitudes different than my own, consciously recognized ones? That's a discrepency...and it piques my curiosity. I just don't know...so I'm looking at other things. And so far haven't found much. I'm hoping the grimoire will help, because like what you had said in regards to your own clan, there's a different balance that needs to be achieved. And that's within just the single Asaosh race. If there's that much of a difference between us, that potions spells and magics change from clan to clan...how would it be any different if I had the scales, and YOU the urn? Would there even BE a difference, as we are chosen by the relics for as we are? What I mean by that is would I have made the same choices as you had, with the Scales, or being of a different Asaosh clan would I have made any decisions differently? It's an interesting thought, and maybe...just maybe," Selani turned to the desk as she spoke from where she had been looking at Ackear as she put out her ideas. "Maybe we can change the way to hell the Empire's leading us to...if we can affect what happens around the relics. I know it sounds crazy, and like I want power...which I don't. Not consciously anyways. But if we can find the "true" bearers meant for the relics...we might be able to save this world. And if there's a tainted relic...maybe stop it?"

Selani got quiet, and ran a hand over her face. "Sorry if that didn't make any sense, I will always have thoughts and questions but they're not always the most organized. 'Scuse me." Reaching around Ackear, Selani grabbed a quill and flipped open a small book to write the questions she had in it, making a sort of chart to the ideas that led to the questions. She also put down what she and Ackear had talked about, including a question...two really...of how pupiless eyes may be important; line of Libra/os? Implying some extra trait for that line, or just that they're meant to be outside of humans? Which gave rise to the thought if they were meant to stay as impartial oservers...a line to the thought the Scales wanted that tribe...or become Dark Ones? Okay, so that was more like five questions.

Staring at the page for a bit, Selani shrugged and closed the small notebook, her writing hurried but in the graceful language of her Clan. As another Asaosh, Ackear would probably understand a lot, if not all, of it although there would be phrases that either by translation or just meaning would bee beyond him. Cleaning the quill, Selani's shoulders slumped slightly as she thought about the collar again, but beside that and the tight fist at her side there was nothing to show her mind was still dwelling on that situation. "Do you still wish to come tomorrow? There are rumors of an old temple site I was thinking of checking out. It would be nice to fly on someone else's wind for a change..." she commented softly, an Asaosh phrase that basically meant with a friend. It also implied someone you could trust, because if you were 'on their wind' you could fall if they decided to make you do so.

~*~

General OoC:
yeah, no....I am NOT gonna type or even copy/paste that mess again XD

EDIT thanks Vruez for taking the time to mess with my blah. I hadn't gone back to read it, else I might have realized JUST how long it was. You did a good job, but it was too different than my rp style sweatdrop so it should still be an easier read, and not be in ten different parts sweatdrop sweatdrop

Vruez

PrincessMaharea

Tytun

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 pm
Ackear Umbra
User Image

Though she didn't seem to recover immediately, Ackear felt that he was able to ease Selani's heart just a bit... Taking a seat as she began to give a summarized version of what this 'Ma'ak - Tur'a' was, he remained silent throughout the whole thing. Even during her other rant was he quiet, letting her thoughts mingle with his own as he tried to use a second set of knowledge to her benefit. At the end of it all... he took a stand and moved up beside her.

With a hand raised up to touch her collar lightly, he stated, "If I must be forced to wear one of these in order to accompany you on this trip, then I will do so." Setting the grimoire down on a spot of her table, he flipped it open and began searching through for something to aid her task, his mind now fully focused and interested in her direction. "While I can't say for certain if a Relic is bound to a user by destiny, or if it has the capability to convert its user to its desired actions... I know this. I have always enjoyed the balance of things since I was born. The blindfold was made to hide my presence from the humans, though I am not 'blind' persay. However, if you are able to find something, anything, that could prove even the remotest portion of your theory... then I would have to, and want to, believe you."

Come one, come all

< OOC: That tends to be difficult. XP >

Miera42

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 pm
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Selani blinked, surprised at his interest and excitement. "Er...which part. I kind of went all over the place..." she commented with a blush, moving out of Ackear's way as he sat down in the solitary chair in the whole room to start flipping through the grimoire. "The part about artifacts influencing their people, or a "true" chosen so in tune to their artifact from holding those attributes so absolutely? Or possibly changing the Empire...? Which do you feel you both want, and would have to, believe me on?" Selani wanted to know, kind of confused what he was getting at. Though she did smile at his comment, her hand raising to her neck after he'd already turned away. She slowly put her arms around him in a hug, feeling a unique sensation of cooling warmth against her chest where the small miniature urn on a silver string lay, silver stopper containing the flow from the piece of "jewelry" that was linked to the other Urn. Which made sense, as it had been from the second handle, that had broken and turned shape in Selani's hand. And nowhere in the few reports and journals she could find about her own artifact had Selani been able to find mention of such an occurance. "I said I could wait my turn," she laughed, smiling at Ackear as she placed her hand down gently on the grimoire, fingers spread to make it harder to read. "If you're going to get yourself collared, then we need to take care of it tonight so the magic can settle..." Selani told Ackear, taking a deep breath and loking at him with worried eyes. "You aren't required to come...and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself knowing I brought another Asaosh down from the skies."

~*~

General OoC:
Especially as this is all on my phone...only online acces I have atm

And it took me a while, but so far everyone posting is a General, sooo.... XD yeah...lol

PrincessMaharea

Tytun

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Ackear Umbra
User Image

Sitting in the chair, Ackear continued to flip through the pages as Selani asked her questions to him. After a fifth flip, he paused to look up at her before stating, "Truthfully, any AND all of them. If even a single bit of truth is glimpsed from this book, then that will be one step closer to solving this puzzle you have found yourself in." As he started to flip through more, he felt a hug from behind him, causing him to look back at her with a surprised glance. This quickly subsided, despite the cooling warmth sensation he was feeling from her chest. Hearing her comment, he looked down as her hand pressed upon the grimoire, making it difficult to read. Smirking lightly for a moment, he turned his gaze back to her as she spoke about preparing the collar. "Selani... he started as he raised a hand to press lightly upon her cheek, "Blame me for my partiality to balance. I can't let myself go on like this with you being the only one held down. We are two Asaosh's, two generals, two trapped within this library. I cannot have the advantage of being non-collared while you suffer under it. Despite that, though... I wish for you to not suffer alone anymore."

Come one, come all

< OOC: Nice. XD >

Miera42

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 pm
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Selani sighed, shaking her head. "People would think me nuts for understanding that kind of logic. Although it's more like a puzzle I MADE around myself...and got stuck in." Blinking, Selani raised a hand to her cheek where he was touching it, before blushing. "You know, I didn't really think of that..." she muttered with a wry twist of her lips off to one side. "Misery loves company, hmm?" Slowly and gently turning over the grimoire to close it, Selani stared Acknea right in the hidden eyes as she lay a gentle finger on his forehead. "Well then...let's get that yoke on you so you can start suffering." Smile not quite reaching her pale eyes, Selani held onto the grimoire so he wouldn't keep reading it as she walked with him to get him a collar. The Prince hadn't been happy at the late hour, but the collar was on...Selani insisting as degraded as she had been it would be insulting for her to place restraint on another of her kind...and they were back towards the library. Glancing up at the giant dome above them, Selani pressed her lips together as her eyes filled with liquid again, but didn't fall. "Now we sleep. I'm flying out right at dawn, we usually hunt on the way..." Selani told Ackear quietly, wincing at the intense energy she felt coming from his newly activated collar. "Gyah, I forgot how annoying and...gleefully smug...the nuisances are." Rubbing at her ear with a wince, Selani turned a wry and sheepish look to Ackear. "It sounds bad to say, but you DO get used to it...and if it wasn't for that fact it's obviously meant for chains...doesn't look all that bad either." Staying silent a moment longer, Selani tilted her head against his shoulder. "Thank you."

~*~

General OoC:
Enh, not so much. If you mean "nice" to my phone. ...although since only one "general" seems to even notice...lol

PrincessMaharea

Tytun

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:12 am
Ackear Umbra
User Image

Happiness... Affection... Love... Any of these traits, and those that fell in similar categories, had been his aim to restore balance in her heart. From the blush Selani had given, Ackear was reassured that he had done just what he intended to do. Despite that being all the balance he needed, he had no intention of going back on his word... As she shut the grimoire close, and placed her finger gently upon his forehead, Ackear's invisible gaze shifted up to it, before feeling the book being removed completely from his grasp. And with that... he was taken off.

Eventually, the two were back in the library, the encounter with the Prince having been... less than genuine. Moving a hand up to his newly acquired collar, he grasped it uncomfortably. He could now feel and understand what she had been going through this entire time, and he too didn't care much to be under its influence. For what it was worth, though, it didn't hinder his ability to levitate, which he had tested just in case. Still, he suspected his abilities would be well reduced once outside the Empire...

Looking over to Selani as she spoke, he stared in silence at her, though what could be seen of it wasn't one of malice or disgust. When her head tilted upon his shoulder, he smiled lightly as he touched her cheek again softly. "You're welcome, Selani..." Looking forward, his mind momentarily on a goal that had whimsically made its way into his thoughts, he then looked to her and said, "If that is the case, then I shall retire to my room. Please, Selani... get a good night's rest. I will be ready for the trip tomorrow." With a soft smile, he turned around and walked onward, his room awaiting his absence.

Come one, come all

< OOC: XP >

Miera42

Tytun

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:41 am
User Image
|:|| Astrid Garde:|: of Alsharin Estersand |:
|:|| Royal Chief Assassin :|: Scorpio|:
------------------------------------------
✺

First flight.
Astrid’s had been in the spring of her eighth year, when the flowers unfurled glisteningly and the bowl valley sloped emerald. She had felt twig-thin and light, plucked up by the wind as an awkward dancer, air tickling her feathers.
It had been brief, too sudden. She tumbled out of light speed, a comically flailing sparrow somersaulting down the gentle gradient. A laugh had bubbled out in song, and Astrid had landed uncomfortably, bruised all over. It was funny, but annoying.
She felt in wonder again the new, blazing world. The sun was close enough, burning bloody streaks in her memory. The trees whispered secrets of an unknown realm, leaned forward to embrace the little sparrow. The canyons loomed far off, red-brick and awaiting little explorers.
And he had been on the peak, earthbound as Astrid took her first flight.
Flying was overrated.
She could say so herself only because she'd tried it - felt the dizzying nausea change to silky wind on her wing-tips, and hear the earth from above. It brought her mind clarity, brought her a false sense of freedom. For though her body was free, Astrid knew she was being chained in a hundred different ways. To the empire, first and foremost. Unlike Aquarius, physically bound, yet as fearful and cautious as she was. If the Crown Prince suspected her intentions in the least, she would fall. Wings clipped, flight broken. Part of the revolution she supported unravelled.
All this she thought about, as she patrolled the corridors of the Palace complex aimlessly. The slanted looks she received, bowed heads and hurried whispers made her sad. A contrast, a sort of surprise to when she'd first arrived. Astrid had felt powerful, respected - and she'd liked it, very much. Now, she only wondered who would be next.
They thought she was cold, callous. And she was. She had to be, to save herself, and face General Taurus. If that mask wavered just once, it would be all over.
There were no papers, no documents as proof. Astrid only needed each man's last breath, conspiring whispers travelling on her wind. A traveller, a messenger, an assassin.
She'd patiently await the day when she could shed her mask.

Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—Ë—

Vruez

GoingRogue

Either one of you, please give me something to do.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:45 pm
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Nodding a goodnight with a smile at Ackear, Selani left...grimoire still in hand...to the room she had picked for herself. It was actually immediately connected to the central garden, fronds covering the small balconied space and keeping that particular entrance hidden. There were actually two chambers, the part open to the garden and a larger room where the young Asaosh had set up a small "nest" of sorts for herself. There had been a shallow circle in the stone, and a quiet contemplation of the room's remaining energies plus some research showed that people had used it as a ceremonial room for speaking, the library having used to have been a temple with access to water when the area was still desert and wasteland. The energies were still basically good, so Selani chose to sleep there. Setting the grimoire on the small shelf by her "nest", the Asaosh sighed as she lay down to sleep, face pointed towards the small balcony space to rise when light first entered the dome, sounds of the waterfall...and that warm feeling from the smaller representative...made from her relic soothing Selani into sleep.

Waking up as the sun was just starting to peep over the hills, Selani felt groggy but a quick sip and in-out bath woke her right up. Getting dressed in a light outfit, the signs on her back showed, one black the other pale blue. Letting her hair down and loose, Selani walked out through the anticipating library, grimoire in hand and a small sack over her shoulder with a set or two of clean clothes, some papers, a map and her travel notebook with some "coalsticks" for quick writing and any sketches she'd want to make. Looking for Ackear, Selani frowned...they hadn't set up a place to meet. Going to check with the rough soldiers who acted as her guards as well as her escort, Selani made sure they had enough dry provisions to last a month, even though they were only supposed to be gone a week. Checking things off as the sun brought light to the dim dome, Selani moved to look for Ackear again, eyes idly scanning the area and the sky from her perch on a lower roof of the library. I need to stay focused...and remember he's the Scales. Just because he smiles at you doesn't mean he likes you. Hehh...I'm not even eligible to find a mate anyways, so I got to remember that. I even missed the Schlera'nialt ceremony for my second century... Face down and pensive, this is where Ackear would find her.

~*~

General OoC:
Hey, whaddya know....I can separate paragraphs XD

PrincessMaharea

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100

Tytun

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Ackear Umbra
User Image

The night have gone by slowly for him, as he laid in his bed. He had picked up many mannerisms from studying humans, and sleeping in a bed like one of them was just a tiny portion of what he learned. The collar had made things difficult, as the vile magic it pulsated with made sleep a wishful thought. Eventually, it did come and Ackear was able to rest... Awakening the next day, the male spent the first few minutes reorganizing every detail from yesterday in his tired mind. Once he had done that, he took to the bathroom adjoining his room, taking the human way of bathing to clean himself up. It took much longer for him to do this than it did for Selani, relatively speaking, but he felt rejuvenated by the time he was finished. Prepping his gear up, his pack was a bit more think than Selani's housing three sets of clothing plus some other essentials he would need. At one point, he considered bringing the Scales with him, but decided against it. He didn't wish to lose them for any reason, at least not out on the field.

"Is something the matter, Selani?" came Ackear's voice as he levitated over to her. Resting his feet upon the ground, he looked at her with a concerned expression, wondering what might be troubling her mind right now.

Come one, come all

< OOC: Heh heh, I can see that. XD >

Miera42

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Twitching a little in surprise, Selani turned and then stood to face Ackear with a small smile. "Nothing much...just remembering home." And that as the Scales, I can't let myself think you like me more than an amusing acquaintance she added mentally. "Here, I didn't put it back as you were still reading it. And don't worry; as long as I make a list of which books I'm taking for research, it isn't too terribly disruptive if I take a few out with me. Within reason," she stated, handing the grimoire back to Ackear. "And I didn't read it either...told you I could wait for my turn," she teased with a small smile. Nodding at his larger bag than her own, Selani tilted her head over the side of the high balcony she was on. "Are you ready then?" she asked, the question fairly rhetorical. Nodding at his answer, Selani posed for just a moment before diving off the edge after her bag. A slender pale blue-white dragon came back up, staring at Ackear with calm blue-silver eyes and the bag in its mouth. (Come on...the currents are fine) Selani thought at Ackear with a smile, something all dragons could do in "flight form". At least, as far as she knew. Flipping her bag over, Selani let it slide down her back to her tail, which set it down on the single cart they had with them with camping supplies and gear. (Tents for the men, two a piece...three. Four. Hehhhh, I told them to get an extra tent! Whatever...I can just as.......but that wouldn't be seen as balanced. Ugh) Selani muttered, putting her front hand-like feet over her nose. (What a pain in the tail...) Flying off, Selani set another tent down in the cart, the men cringing but staying still even as close as she was. For being so close to the ground, and having a more diving/gliding set of wings, it might seem miraculous even to another Asaosh she didn't just land. But there was a slight breeze, and small currents of constant airflow were being directed to her wings to keep her aloft...a gift from the Urn, control of air. (Good...now we can leave.) Voice even more like crystal or fragile ice in her dragon form, Selani rose to the top of the tower and let out a complicated set of fluting notes, the dome going down momentarily so the men...and dragons...could head out. Making sure everyone was out just fine, Selani snapped her tail away from the closing barrier before heading off for the desert and hopefully information.

~*~

General OoC:
I never really thought about how the barrier'd work...ah well, whatever ^^; sorry Maharea

PrincessMaharea

Tytun

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100

Tytun

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:32 pm
Ackear Umbra
User Image

Truthfully, he was concerned for Selani, but her words about home gave him an idea on what she might have been sad about. Nodding, he was then handed the grimoire once again as she explained that she would wait her own turn. When Selani dropped from the balcony and transformed into her draconic form, Ackear smiled lightly as he nodded before stepping off the balcony. Instead of transforming, though, he simply levitated his body down to the ground, dropping his bag into the cart of supplies. Looking at the guards for a moment, he stepped forward until he was an ample distance from them... and changed. His clothing disappeared in the black flames that consumed him, a dragon as black as night emerging in response.

Watching Selani as she released the dome, he lifted off the ground with his wings, soaring around her before following closely behind. "(It has been a while since I could fly like this... And it has been ages since I was able to fly with someone I could call more than an acquaintance.)"

Come one, come all

Miera42

{{:Literate/Advanced Lit Rps:}}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces