Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:44 pm
Se-Bast ~_ User Image _~ "Sheba"

With eyes that see souls...
I am a daughter of Bast

Dark eyes peered fearlessly into bottomless pits, Se-Bast making note of the shadows and hardly blinking the whole time Utael moved towards her. Being upside-down helped, some, although Se-Bast knew she wouldn't back down even if the Grim freaked her out. Hands by her feet on the wire like she had seen Spiderman do in a movie the other children seemed to love, Se-Bast finaly gave a slow, very feline and distrubing slow blink at Utael's question. "That depends, really, on what YOU intend on doing here..." she answered calmly, opening her mouth to say more. But she could feel Curtis coming and rolled her eyes. "Eyuchh..." came from the small girl's throat, a sound of disgust she knew he'd hear as she bent her head back to stare at Curtis a bit after he stopped behind her. "You know, you don't have to be careful...I CAN tell when it's you or a disturbed specter..." she stated calmly, keeping her main attention on Utael even as Se-Bast ended up spinning around on the grapple-hook's cord thanks to her movement...that, and since she had slid down it it wouldn't have ever completely stopped moving. She had her own classifications of spooks, specters being uneasy spirits who lash out at power, attracted like a moth to flame. Although specters were a bit worse than months. Se-Bast knew...they were also really fast. Utael didn't SEEM fast...but with no one to see him and able to walk through walls, why would he need to be? No, Se-Bast was considering this Grim a particularly nasty specter. Not necessarily "nasty", though...driven. utael was driven. And what drives you, Mr. Fuzzy-Grim? Se-Bast wondered with child-like curiosity as she turned back around to look at him approaching.

"He's definately fuzzy enough to be mammalian, but he's too big to be a rat...poof, your theory gone," Se-Bast calmly stated, twisting her arm to flick a finger at Curtis as if flicking dust or something at him. Also while doing this, Se-Bast calmly flipped herself right-side upwards, tapped a button and rose to the ceiling. Since Curtis WAS there, Se-Bast figured if Utael attacked, the patient man's guns or whatever would work. Temporarily. Dropping down again, Se-Bast dusted herself off, sticking the grappling hook in its spot on the belt she wore on her "body armor" mesh suit; the hall was evacuated, the advanced tech that even the majority of the military didn't have yet remaining a secret between them. Se-Bast was waiting to see what Utael might say to her implied question, and to Curtis' appearance. "No, he probably wants the souls..." she answered after a while, tying her hair back and tilting her head with wide-eyed feline curiosity. "A fight here would be pointless. No one's around, and he'd just walk through a wall anyways. Inform who and what need informing, I will see what I can find out, okay? Shoo, go..."

Se-Bast actually moved with her hands against Curtis' back as if to push him, probably an amusing picture as as stunted as she was, Se-Bast's head came up to Curtis' solar plexus...barely. So to see this small girl pushing at the much-taller and much-bulkier male probably provided some amusement even to Utael. "Make sure he can't get the boss..." Se-Bast stated, tone deadly serious as she gave an unblinking stare right up into Curtis' eyes, having tried being careful not to say specific locations or names. Especially names, they had power...Se-Bast took hers seriously, having pretty much figured that was why she could see ghosts and the like, as well as peoples' auras. "Don't make me go all ninja on you..." Se-Bast threatened warningly.

Raxsus

Dr Observer

(It's ok. And sorry I wasn't clear Doc, she DID have her gear...why she had knives and etc. *smacks my head* sorry, got the impression you saw her without the body mesh suit thingy that's like the Fantastic Four suits except it absorbs kinetic energy high-tech blah...and spiritual stuff too, meh, der lol

And Janice is waiting for doughnuts...or a steak. Raw, for her shiner? Lol...Warehouse 13 needs your luuuuuv Doc XD)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm
User Image

Continuing it's progress unabated. Utael did not feel the need for action as Se-Bast seemed to be preparing herself for a fight. In fact, Utael was unsure if the girl could even hurt it, it could not detect anything other than her ability to see spirits and auras and she only seemed to be carrying knives. So it was upon that line of thought that the creature had simply kept walking regardless of what the child was doing. She could not hurt it so why would it have to worry? "What I intend to do?" Utael repeated the question, it had marked down the inquiry as simply childish curiosity. The tendrils of darkness flickered briefly before continuing to lazily "feel" it's surroundings. "I intend to collect the souls the lost who have been stolen away from their fates." it replied evenly. "Such is my duty." it added with Finality as it continued down the hall.

As it approached closer Utael watched the man come into view. The man was same one who'd seen the shadow creature earlier with the use of his glasses. The man could not see Utael now, and even with the use of his glasses he could not see Utael's full form. 'Consider yourself blessed.' It thought to itself as it reached the pair of them. By then however the girl was pushing the man away saying somethig abut alerting the others and protecting the boss. 'Graden.' As the name passed through it's mind, the darkness around it flared a bit, manifesting into a cold aura for the briefest of moments. After the brief outburst and Utael got a hold of itself once again. It knew the name Graden to be synonymous with the collecting of human souls for the wrong reasons.

Being reminded of it's purpose, though it did not need such reminders it was a booster to it's drive to continue forward. As it did it passed through the pair of humans they would have a very brief moment of unexplained comfort and reassurance that everything was going to be okay. Another trick that it had developed to ease souls into the next world. Now that it was beyond the pair of humans it did not think on them any longer, though it remained aware of them as it continued down the hall moving ever closer to the source of Graden's powersource intent on returning those who were imprisoned there.

"These humans, the feel like they are the most powerful creatures on this planet. They mess with things they do not understand. I must set them straight before they cause damage that cannot be undone."

Raxsus

Gallant Werewolf

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:18 am

I am a daughter of Bast

"Tch..." Se-Bast wasn't happy, although she could understand Utael's drive. A quick shudder as if Se-Bast had seen a bug or something, and that was all the visible notice she got. Smacking away some tendrils feeling her with an annoyed expression and a muttered, "Pervert," Se-Bast sighed and raised a knife. "Don't make me do this..." she muttered, tone final. Of course, Utael wouldn't take notice. "Fine..." Turning to Curtis, Se-Bast gave him some signals; raise the alarm to the other Children to level Four, prepare for Six - a break in, with intent to shut down. Millions around the world would be plunged into a panic if this happened...it couldn't be allowed. "Oi, just because I'm smalln don't ignore me, fuzzbutt," Se-Bast called to Utael, Knives in her fingers as if they had just grown. A few flashes of lights, and they zipped towards Utael's back. "Don't make me fight your back, it's not nice to refuse your oponant your face," Se-Bast stated, all childish expression gone as she suddenly appeared back in front of the grim, a full-grown woman maybe almost perceptible to Utael behind the girl like a clone; Se-Bast truly was an old soul. Some people had names for, or felt their soul gems had a personality, a Life of their own. Se-Bast wasn't sure what to think, although she knew she'd be dead maaaaaaaaany times if it wasn't for what her soul-gem meant, what it did, what it was. In a way, now that she had a challenge, Se-Bast could NOT back off, physically could NOT stop until she was either defeated or victorious; it was one of the side-effects of her gem Se-Bast often thought she could do without.

But also knew she couldn't forgive herself for not having. It drove her forward, a merciless taskmaker that even as it stole her childhood even more from made Se-Bast feel she was at least deserving the good fortune she had found with Robert Graden.

A small doll, broken and forgotten in the sand. Shaking hands picking it up. A small voice, sad for the plight of the doll. The scene blurring, spinning as the one seeing was roughly shoved. A boy, an anguished cry demanding to know why, a cruel laugh and pain.

Huddling in a corner, a sandstorm beating everything exposed througy the town, stinging the small girl's wounds and drying the tears from her eyes with the unforgiving whips. Found, bleeding, left to die and kicked off to the side. Forgotten, broken...unwanted, abused.

Se-Bast had closed her eyes in the few heartbeats it took to remember these scenes, examples of carrying the surviving spirit that made her what she was, so suitable to her gem: Tenacity, for Se-Bast she had twisted it to also mean Tolerance, to stay alive and survive no matter wha t, an unstoppable force like Utael's drive. Se-Bast would not, literally COULD not stand down, this driving force of life flashing as amber made a ring around the edge of Se-Bast's irises, slowly leaking until her eyes were completely the rich deep amber of caramel or honey. "I didn't want to fight, just talk, but you belittle us as mere luggage...I cannot condone such dismissal," Se-Bast almost growled, throwing knife after knife towards Utael, the blades streaked with amber light charged with her spirit, in a way. It was a skill Se-Bast was always working on; the gunmen could blast soul energy out, why not line her blades with it? So far, the only way Se-Bast could think of it to get it to stick was to line the blades with her blood...but that would take too long to do. So Se-Bast used her emotions, her will to resist Fate's cold hand and survive, her hatred of dismissal and being ignored like so much trash...her deep never-ending gratitude to Robert Graden for the few years of her life Se-Bast felt wanted, needed, useful in a way only she could fulfill. If it was anyone else, Se-Bast would say it was love, for her, it was a debt. A debt she would willingly pay for life. Utael's passing her was NOT accepted. Would no happen, not if she had to latch herself to...we'll, wasn't like she could clearly see a LEG, but the feeling was the same...anything to stay with him. "You look down on humans, your whole attitude is a lie...you don't care, it's only a job for you," Se-Bast practically hissed, calmly dancing backwards to keep sending blades towards Utael. She knew she probably couldn't do any SERIOUS damage, but hopefully the small spikes of spirit-charged metal were doing SOME damage. The cold amber eyes calmly met the black pits, wanting to fall, fall...fall...fall...but staying painfully awake; she held no fear of death, no longer held a deathwish for her life to end. Se-Bast...was tenacitedly refusing to give in, her expression not fitting that of a child's face at all. She was too grim, too aware, way too serious...

Se-Bast was an adult long broken by the world, a seasoned warrior, in a child's body.

Raxsus

Dr Observer

(I didn't really know what to put sweatdrop she IS running out of knives, has gone through two kinds XD I wanted her to control them like birds, but I figured that was a bit much so right now she's just tossing a dozen blades of one kind at Utaeln then another dozen...I think imma leave her with 24 knives at present, probably having thrown 16 by now...remembered, don't want her to have TOO many blades on her; where'd she put them all~? d: lol)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 am
User Image

Walking down the hallway past the pair, Utael scanned it's surroundings looking at the human technology that surrounded it. In a way it was impressive to see how far they had come since Utael had begun to walk among them, guiding the souls of the dead to the afterlife. In almost seven thousand years they had come from having very simple tools and technologies to having vehicles to transport themselves and make their lives generally easier. Though their level of progression did not matter to Utael, it inwardly marveled at their ability to change the world around them. The fact that they had developed some kind of tech that could harvest souls was impressive in it's own way no matter how bad it was. Those thoughts ended very quickly however as Utael felt knives in it's back.

It made no noise but it did feel a sharp sting where the knives had entered. It stopped walking and the tendrils of darkness pulled the blades free letting them clatter to the floor though there were no visible marks where the knives had been. As it stood the darkness seemed to deepen, absorbing the light creating what seemed to be an infinite abyss where it made contact with the physical world. Utael could see the power in the girl, it could see her soul and she was truly a fine specimen indeed. It did not matter however, he'd carried her soul on in previous lives though she could not remember such events for it was not part of the human's ability to do so, and while it could likely do so again, it would not be on this day.

It listened unmoving as the child spoke to it, though it's face showed no emotion, Utael felt as though it could weep at the child's misunderstanding of the spirit world, but such things were not possible, if she was to know of his world and why he did what he did then she would be dead and unable to return to her world. It was the order of things and had to remain that way. "You cannot understand me." It said simply as the Se-Bast threw her knives. As the blades came it started to walk forward again, deflecting the knives with the dark tendrils that whipped about it. Each knife stung like the others did but it was no pain that the creature could not handle but with each deflected blade the darkness diminished in barely perceptible increments.

"Your race is incapable of processing the knowledge that I posses. I do not look down upon your kind, each and every soul is precious beyond the very concept of value. I have lived far longer than even your soul and cannot afford to know each and every human I carry to the afterlife. I can know you when I see you, but beyond that I cannot keep you such is the burden of my position. I do not expect you to understand, nor will I attempt to help you. I am here for the lost, to return them to where they belong." It responded, it's voice that rang in her head was still soft and nurturing just as it had been when it first spoke to her. "You know my purpose young one, and while you cannot let me pass, I will do so." He said softly.

Then in the blink of an eye Utael was before her and well within arms reach. It reached out for her but instead of making any physical contact it pressed a hand into her chest attempting to drain her energy to a point where she could not keep herself going. It had no intention of harming her but instead putting her to sleep in order to keep her from hurting herself or causing the shadow creature to lose control of itself and do something violent and irrational.

"These humans, the feel like they are the most powerful creatures on this planet. They mess with things they do not understand. I must set them straight before they cause damage that cannot be undone."

Raxsus

Gallant Werewolf

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I am a daughter of Bast

"Wrong..." Se-Bast muttered, though she WAS surprised that Utael said something about her soul. Recovering quickly, though, Se-Bast blinked and Utael was there in front of her. "Your words reveal your own lack of understanding," she commented, gritting her teeth as she felt her vitality drained. But she could...not...stop! "I KNOW what it is like for most of the spirits..." she whispered, Se-Bast gripping through Utael's arm though something flickering along her skin seemed to connect them as if the human COULD touch the Grim. "I only collect those willing...or those already sentenced to purgatory...ah!" Shuddering, Se-Bast's head jerked upwards like in pain, eyes wide and twitching. Grunting, she still fought to hold on, to continue. "I fight...to pay...a debt. You cannot...understand. Truly, you...under-estimate...us. Gnh!" Despite Utael trying to be peaceful, merely drain her energy, Se-Bast's soul gem and her own fighting spirit would not allow it, would not let her succumb. Not without a fight.

Free hand shaking, Se-Bast gave a sigh and closed her eyes, precariously close to death before she stopped moving. Her heart slowed, the head hung as she drooped. Let go, Se-Bast's form crumpled against the wall, her soul momentarily seeming to free itself to pass on, before settling back inside her body; Se-Bast had strained it so far, Utael had barely stopped in time. The eyelids sluggishly flickered, the heart-beat steady and slow. You can never hope to understand humans. You look down on us, not realizing that even through our ignorance we can create understanding and find truths. It may be your job to collect souls, to carry them Onward past the Veils...but in a way, that is mine as well. Would you truly try to stop a Child of Bast? Offspring of one of the immortal gods? Re-think this, I ask you...don't make me see you as an enemy... a shadow of Se-Bast asked, her lapse and closeness to death setting her into a sort of trance where her spirit was released from her body, but still connected. Her thoughts echoed in stange ways, her essence her mind doing the speaking as bright amber eyes stared at Utael, strands connecting them where her knives had hit, her soul energies in a way connected to Utael until one of them severed the ties. But if that happened now, Se-Bast would probably truly die, the shock too much for her 'young' spirit to hold onto. The shadow took a step closer to Utael, face serious and raising a hand to touch his arm. Please...I DO understand. But no matter if it seems wrong to my eyes, I must do what I can to protect Graden, to do what I can for my debt. You're the one who truly can't understand....who isn't allowed the burden of knowledge of those you carry. You say each soul is precious...so is money. But that's the type of worth that's not real, not true. You contradict yourself, grim... Your cold aura was heartless, uncaring. You see souls with the same worth as coins...precious, but with no value in your own eyes. You can't. A silver line appeared, Curtis possibly able to see the translucent form of Se-Bast dressed in normal clothes but with visible weapons symbalizing her nature, but not clearly, as her spirit wasn't even wholly on that plane. And not seeing them as people, you can't know about emotion, the strong ties that make me do what I sometimes feel is wrong. You can NOT UNDERSTAND a person's drive, their hard work...how their souls can be connected to strange things.

But I can, and do. And if you take all those souls...
Se-Bast's bright amber eyes looked pained, even as they hardened from sympathy to cold decision. ...I will be given no option but to hate you for the blow to the only man, only human to try to save me. Her loyalty was absolute, truly in anyone else could easily be called Love. But Se-Bast didn't know Love, didn't know Happiness...only Content. Only Duty and Debt, pushing her ever onward with a drive to do anything Robert Graden commanded, to do what she could to make the man happy. And he enjoyed this project, his happiness...the glimmers of his soul Se-Bast could see tied into the project and connected to those Utael would take...directly endangered if she let Utael go without a fight. I would speak more with you, but you will not listen...you refuse to. You are unable to. And I cannot stay long like this. Se-Bast sighed, and turned away, a small glimmer in her hand and flickering along the blades that still held faint traces of her spirit force. I didn't want to do this, but you CAN not pass...not today she murmured with resignation, raising her head to sigh as more silver ran down her face, showing Se-Bast's pained indecision about the situation...and decisive action she would take.

The shadow, her ghost in a way, disappeared and Se-Bast slowly raised her head to stare right at Utael, face dry but eyes still holding the sadness...in a way, the hurt pity...that she had tried to convey in trance. Slowly moving upwards, Se-Bast muttered something to herself in Arabic and held her hands to her gut as if still in pain. Taking a few shuddering breaths, Se-Bast kept her eyes locked morosely on Utael, a final raised mutter and all the blades she had thrown, connected to her by the energy she had used on them with strands of that energy visible, rose. The energy of her soul slowly gathered, before all the blades launched towards Utael's face with a flash, Se-Bast collapsing into a coma from Utael's draining and her last-ditch effort to stop him from indirectly harming Graden, and creating a world-wide panic and other needless deaths by taking the souls. My debt... passed, a memory like a whisper, Se-Bast's face full of pain...of failure. She knew she couldn't really stop Utael...but she still tried, her body incapable of moving now, her soul-gem's power weakened and unable to keep her going. She had tried until the end, no longer able to function as it wasn't like she had suffered physical damage and still had something working to continue. No, Utael had drained her gem and her spirit, and to continue fighting was to die...and to keep fighting, that wasn't allowed. So her soul-gem had collected the tiniest bits of energy she still had, and made the last attempt to faze Utael, however slightly, before she dropped comatose, barely alive on the ground and soul struggling to stay inside of her spirit but also be released from this world.

Raxsus

Dr Observer

(Sorry I went all dramatic there, and sorry it's all in a jumble sweatdrop let's just say Se-Bast is actually clear and Utael could see the logic even if it doesn't necessarily makes sense to him because he can't feel... sweatdrop

And Doc, sorry if it looked like I cut you out, but I'm thinking Curtis helps her up, checks on her, and some such things. I tried to just saw Se-Bast did stuff, without necessarily implying SHE was fully capable of doing so...meh, sorry if I overstepped any lines! gonk crying henh-ennhhhhhhhhh)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:36 am
Curtis Stood there, face unphased with the strange confrontation with Se-Bast and this strange shadowy mass that he could see with his specs. This worried him, it was one thing that had other intentions than killing the children of Graden. If so then it might not be here for Graden himself. His gem screamed to stand his ground like he normally would, but he turned to the fire alarm. He reached for it but instead of pulling the fire alarm he flipped a switch that was hidden next to it. It was one of the security meassures that was put in to the building incase of a spectral leak in the main power source. An alarm shrilled and fields of energy blocked key path ways to the reacter and lined the walls with the same energy. His specs analyzed and found that it read the reverse frequency of spectres when they phased through walls.

He walked up to Se-Bast and knelt next to her before looking up at the mysterious shadow mass that seemed to have put her to sleep, "Impressive, I've only seen this happen with most exorcisms. I've blocked all routes to the spectoral reactor and the walls are covered with the same energy, so walking through walls might be restricted for you for the time being," He touched his bracelet and it began to open and expand into a special sniper rifle of his own design. He raised it with one hand and pointed it to the center of the mass, "You can either go right through me and we might have a problem, for this articular gun strikes at pure living energy. Or, you can stand down where we can probably talk this out before we end up shooting you still." Curtis stood there with a serious look. He might end up like Se-Bast, but at least he tried to slow this thing down.

Dr Observer

Conservative Genius

Raxsus

Gallant Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:57 am
User Image

Utael listened in silence as Se-Bast continued to plead and reason with it. Her strength was admirable, if not respectable, but the more she tried to dissuade it from performing it's duties the more longer she was delaying the inevitable, as well as draining her own strength in the resistance. Such was her nature however and Utael could see that. It made sure to be careful not to take everything from her and be forced to carry her soul onto the next world once again. It watched her soul as her body collapsed to the floor somewhat curious as to how close she was to actually dying. It seemed that she still had strength left in her however as her soul returned to it's place.

Then once more Utael was silent as he spirit rose again, this time to continue to plead and reason, and Utael listened carefully taking each word into consideration. It watched as the spirit took shape that was a little more visible to human eyes and placed a hand on it, Utael could feel her weakness, the threads of her essence barely holding onto this plane of existence. As she continued to speak Utael made it's decision as to how best proceed. When she was done speaking and her spirit returned to her body once more, Utael's right hand closed into a fist and began to brim with dark energy as it watched her rise again and launch her final strike in attempt to stop it from completing it's duties. As the blades converged on it, Utael released the dark energy in one invisible blast that absorbed all of the energy held within those blades. Despite the pain involved, Utael held the energy in it's right hand and knelt down before Se-Bast's collapsed form. "Child of Bast." It whispered into her mind as it pressed the energy back into her soul to keep her from passing on. "It is you who do not understand. You say I cannot feel, you say I do not care, you say I look down upon your kind, but you cannot comprehend my position, and I do not say that out of spite or superiority. I say it because unless you are made one of my kind, your minds, your spirits are incapable, this is simply a matter of truth. Your strength, courage, and will are impressive, and I am moved by you, but I cannot allow this to continue. There is an order to things that you do not understand, in time you may, but not now. I must collect those souls that you have taken, or there will be far more destruction that what will happen here today." I spoke softly as it carefully fed her the last of her energy that it had collected in her final strike ensuring that while she would not be able to wake for a time she would not die.

Once it had completed it's act of mercy it drew eyes towards Curtis, another strong soul and very capable of hurting Utael and also determined to stop it. It did not move as Curtis activated barriers and wards to limit Utael's movement, but there were ways around that for a Grim. It closed it's black eyes and drew in a deep breath of a darkness around it, pulling the shadows into it's body. As the darkness was pulled away, Utael's form was being manifested into the human world, something that it had rarely done but from time to time it was a necessity.

Once it was done, Utaels body now stood entirely visible to Curtis without the use of his technology. It spoke this time using it's mouth unable to project words into the human minds in this state. "Curtis, I am not here to fight with you or your brothers and sisters, I am here for something far more important than that. I will continue onward, and should you try to stop me I will respond. Se-Bast is in need of care however she is strong, but even she has limits." It said to him, it's voice was different now, deeper, darker, more of a reflection of it's body but it still carried a soft tone that meant no ill will towards humanity but that of a Shepard tending it's flock even while it resisted.

Then with that it turned and continued it's progress onward, finding little difficulty in passing through the barriers erected to stop spirits but it did not like being restricted to this kind of movement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:48 am
User Image
Samantha Graden

Winter passes and I begin to count the days...

The woman let out a soft gasp as listened to Sheba voice warn Graden about the evil presence she had sensed within the building. Slowly turning around to face the girl, she noticed citrus standing against the wall beside her, looking down to her hands as she expended her fingers; she realized she needed to go retrieve her weapon. She let out a soft sigh while lowering her hands, looking to the others in the room; she didn’t want them to get hurt; she loved them too much. She looked to Emi and Trace with a stern gaze “ Trace, Emi, please stay back and protect Mr. Graden and Dr. Violet.” She turned towards Sheba and Curtis, “I need to get my weapon, please buy me some time until then…” The young woman let out a determined huff as she began to turn towards the door. Her violet gaze briefly glancing to her father, she knew he didn’t like her jumping into dangerous situations but she couldn't just stand back and do nothing. Her spirit gem Zeggy emanated a faint humming sound that resonated a soft warning through her body just before the dark ominous creature made it’s entrance; though by then the woman was already gone. Listening to the sound of her footsteps once more as she ran to her room, her eyes flickered in suspicion as she watched the lights in the hallway flicker. As she passed the hallway clock she abruptly stopped to see the clock had stopped moving; the clock had frozen. Her gaze traveled back down to the hallway towards her Father’s office with, “Grim…” She softly whispered under her breath, though she could have not been entirely certain she was recalling something she had read from a supernatural book she found randomly when she was young. Worries towards the others drained the other thoughts from her mind; her feet began to move at a fast pace once more as she hoped she wasn’t right.

Upon reaching her room, she bolted through the doorway, looking about the room for her weapon, “Now where did I put it?!” She walked about the room before her gaze darting to every possible surface; there wasn’t much in her room to hide a weapon. Zeggy emanated with another sound, Samantha paused as her gaze looked over to the bed, her expression seemed to carry disbelief as she walked over, placing a one hand on top of the bed while the other pressed against the cold tile floor. She kneeled down to the floor, arching her back as she leaned forward to look under the bed. The ends of her hair brushed against the floor, peeling her hand from the tile floor, her hand slowly reached under the bed. After a few seconds of feeling around under the bed, her finger tips brushed over something cold and steely with a faint, ‘tink’ sound as her finger tips made contact with the object; whatever it was a smile blossomed upon her lips, “Pop’in~”

The wound of her footsteps were head once more as she ran out the room and down the hallway, but she wasn’t running towards the Garden’s office she was heading for the reactor. She knew that whatever was paying them a visit had to have an interest in seeing the reactor, one of the most important rooms in the whole company- her Father’s company. She took a different path then the others, one that would lead her to the reactor before the others, once she reached the reactor door she young woman turned around; lights flickering and her heart racing. She almost didn’t recognize her racing hear as she though it were the sound of her rushing footsteps as her many worried thoughts galloped through the woman’s mind. Taking a deep breath as the light above hr turned off the sound out a revving engine roared down the hallways, sparks facing through about the darkness as the woman’s racing heart calmed down, “Alright…” She muttered as the sparks feel to the ground bouncing on the tile floors a few times before dying away, the light turned back on and there Samantha stood carrying a long chainsaw with her beautiful hands, “I’m ready.”

....whilst summer still resides under my eyelids
User Image

((My turn~))
Raxsus

HidekiHyuga-ninja
Xcon299
misswho
Miera42
Dr Observer

niegeno

Sparkly Lunatic

Hidekitty-medic

Dedicated Genius

8,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:51 pm
~Emi~

Child of Confusion

Emi winced at the orders she was given. "But Samantha!!" The young girl groaned. She loved Garden and Dr. Violet ,like her own parents,but she wanted to be apart of the action. Before she could continue to beg, Samantha had already left the room. She glanced at Trace nervously, for a few seconds. She had no idea what was going on or what that thing was. All she knew was that Curtis, Se-Bast, and now Samantha were fighting it, and that Trace and her had to guard the two most important people of the company. "Fine, but next time, I get to fight!" she said to herself as she took a fighting stance.

"Mr.Garden, Dr. Violet, and Trace stand behind me!" Emi said as she glance around the office for anything that she could use as a weapon. There was not enough time for her to retrieve her two chains. "Damnit!" she yelled. She turned her attetion back to Trace. She had no idea how much experience she had in front of her, so leaving him here was out of the question for the time being but he did have his weapon on him.

She glanced back in front of her and quickly began to formulate a plan to take the two to safety. "Trace! You need to take the front, I think you may be the only one that has their weapon on them..." she said. Emi groaned another careless mistake made. Whatever, she just needed to roll with it. "Do you think we should move away from the office?" she asked the group quickly.

Quote:
Xcon299

Quote:
niegeno

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:01 pm
Curtis eyed the creature as it bagan to solidify before him. His glasses immediately reacted and scanned it for him. He smirked when he shouldv'e frowned, the thing was more strange than he thought. He lowered his rifle and stood. and positioned himself between him and Se-Bast. Curtis just stood there as it continued on to it's destination,, which was clearly going away from Graden. His rifle collapsed in his hand and turned back into his bracelet. His gem gave him some interesting observations about that experience before giving him a suggestion. He turned to pick up Se-Bast and carried her to her room. He laced her in her bed and checked her over with his glasses. He wasn't liking what he was seeing. that thing did something to her, but she was stable... for now. He planned to get the professor to look at her later.

Curtis walked out of her room and made his way to the reactor. There were only a few things of value in this place, and that was Graden or the reactor. And that thing didn't look like it was here for a science lesson from Graden. Which leaves the dangerous option. He walked down the corridors until he reached the reactor. He found Samantha there waiting for anything to get close so she can turn them into bloody filets. He smirked at her courage. He approached her with his hands in his pockets, to show her reasurance, "I don't think this thing uses doors, Sam. I think it would be better if we went inside and wait, it surpassed our security without even trying and can still phase through the spectral barriers. We need a plan, and from what I know... There is a strong chance we might not stop it." He shrugged with a smirk. He refered back to the data he collected from when the grim turned solid in his head, he didn't like their odds still, but they needed to try something.

Dr Observer

Conservative Genius

niegeno

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:14 pm
User Image
Samantha Graden

Samantha looked to Curtis, straightening her posture with a greeting smile; she was always happy to see him. She softened the roaring of the engine in her chainsaw as he spoke to her. Her violet eyes locking with his gaze before she replied to him, “Curtis, I’m so glad you’re safe” She smiled, though her smile grew dim as she glanced back to the door. She thought she had a rather good plan until she discovered the enemy had some sort of ability to phase through walls. Suddenly processing more of the important information, she quickly looked back to the clam male, “So you’ve already seen it?! You’re not hurt, right?” Samantha spoke in a concerned voice, though a person didn’t need to hear her voice as her eyes were shimmering with worry. She steps closer toward him, releasing her left hand from the handle of the chainsaw, gently placing her hand against the side of his arm. Her fingers gently grasped his arm, as she gave him a good look to see if he was alright. After a moment Samantha looked to her hand, looking to it as if it had a mind of its own before her hand retreated back to her side. She glanced back over to the door, feeling embarrassed though at the same time she was thinking of what was behind those doors; the reactor. Samantha’s right grip slowly tightened on the handle of her chainsaw, she was determined to protect her Father’s company. Thinking about the company she wondered about her Father along with Emi and the others, hoping they are safe as well. She felt chilled wash over her body; Was it fear? No, she swore it was just the tingling sensation from the vibrations of the chainsaw’s engine surging up her fingers tips and traveling up her arms. Zeggy emanated a loving energy that chased away the shivering feeling, bringing her comforter to her mind and body, “A plan, yes. I don’t believe it’s not impossible, Curtis. I’m sure we can do something!” She nodded with a determined stare that she aimed towards the doors of the reactor. Her mind was already cooking up a plan as she looked back to Curtis with a quite stare as she recalled the frozen clock that she passed in the hallway, it was her only clue and she was curious about the data Curtis had collected, “Perhaps the intruder...Is a grim?” She curiously asked wondering if Curits had heard anything about them. Samantha knew very little of the creatures, it had been a very long time since she found that old book, and what little information she could recall wasn’t enough to know it’s weaknesses. She glanced behind Curtis, expecting to see the little Sheba standing behind him, letting out a soft gasp to see she was not there, “Where is Sheba-Is she alright!?” The engine of her chainsaw was softly purring as this point.

User Image

((Sorry for the delay~ @ ,@))
Raxsus

HidekiHyuga-ninja
Xcon299
misswho
Miera42
Dr Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm
Curtis smiled at Samantha, And walked past her to the door. he pressed a few keys on the security to override it temporarily. The door slide open quickly and Curtis turned to face her, "Most likely, it's something I feared we would meet soon. What with all of the paranormal activity stored in our reactor. The data I had when I faced one before wasn't really pleasant. I'll have to talk to Graden later about it. And Sheba is fine.. for the most part. The grim knocked her out and she might be in some sort of proximity trance. She might wake up when he is farther away, or not. But, we need to try what we can will she is out." Jade walked in and made sure the door didn't close before Samantha went through. He held out his hand and his bracelet began to open up and epand in his hand until it made his main weapon. A slender rifle that had a pure unique design and only could be operated flawlessly by him. He held it backwards in order to prevent mispointing it at anyone or at the reactor. He usually held it like it as a nuetral hold. He looked back at Samantha, "The grim will be coming soon. Better prepare ourselves. I'll work on the security measures on the reactor. Try to find a place to strike when it gets here."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Dr Observer

Conservative Genius

niegeno

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:13 am
User Image
Samantha Graden

“Thank goodness…”Samantha sighed. She felt relieved to know Sheba was safe though she was still fighting the urge to go check on the girl, looking to Curtis’ smile made her stay as she forced on the matter at hand. She was also glad he was unharmed. Listening to his voice and the electronic beeping from code pad on the door, she breathed calmly as she thought very carefully. Her gaze shifted over to the door as it opened, she wasn’t fond of the idea of walking into the reactor, Samantha had a dark secret a certain feeling that she kept from the company and her father. Her violet gaze watched Curtis enter the room; smiling softly to him as he looked back to her she gracefully raised the heavy weapon up, “I’m sure I can manage something like that easily…” She nodded the engine in her chainsaw cut off before she rested the weapon on top of her slender left shoulder and proceeded to walk through the doorway when she suddenly stopped.

“Curtis, maybe we don’t have fight it here. Do we have something here that could cancel or weaken the energy reading of the reactor? I can use my soul gem to mimic the energy the reactor gives out to lure the grim away.” Samantha proposed in a hopeful voice, it would be a blessing if they did have such technology, she really wanted to avoid having to fight the grim in the reactor room, she was also completely overlooking the serious dangers out making herself the grim’s target. The woman wasn’t trying to throw her life away; she planned to live alongside her friends and family. Her violet gaze looked to Curtis, waiting for his answer while she prepared herself for either a good or bad answer; if bad she would simply walk into the room with a disappointed sigh while she prepared a trap for the grim.

(( Dx Sorry for the short post and the wait!!!!! I was working! ))

User Image

Raxsus

HidekiHyuga-ninja
Xcon299
misswho
Miera42
Dr Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 pm
~ Dr. Violet Windsor~

Having had no reply from Graden she had played it safe, making her way to the top floor office with tea mug still in hand. Nodding to the secretary outside she'd let herself in and taken a seat in the small yet comfortable armchair positioned in the corner to the right of Graden's own desk. Taking out a pen and and a large leather bound notebook she sat, pen poised over the page. The book was tatty, the polar opposite of the woman herself, with scuffed edges and stray bits of paper stuffed in any-which-way, organised in such a manner that it was quite clear she'd be the only one to find anything. She'd said nothing to the children, they all knew why she'd be there...not only was it her job to keep them in good physical health, but she also tried to improve their weapons if she could. After all, helping them not get injured in the first place saved her a lot of paperwork.

As events started to unfold she'd stayed silent, watching the children working as a team. Since they didn't usually all work together it was rather interesting to observe, though she wished it didn't have to be on their home turf. Listening to Emi's suggestion she finally spoke,
"As safe as this office was designed to be, I doubt it was designed for something quite on this scale. May I suggest we find a route to my lab? It's full of gizmo's I've been working on for you lot, and it's in the sub-levels so we can keep the blasted thing contained" After all, the last thing they needed is the public becoming aware that something unusual was occurring, especially so early on in the morning. While her voice was calm and her hands steady, her heartbeat started to beat more forcefully and Violet felt the beginnings of adrenalin coursing through her. All her time spent in Graden Industries had made her appreciate how human her body was.

misswho

Hidekitty-medic

Dedicated Genius

8,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 pm
~Emi~

Child of Confusion

Emi listened to the doctor as she studied the office. She was right there was no point staying here. What if that thing came back here and cause some major damage? But then again it would be unexpected to stay here and attack the beast...with a chair, pencils, and paper.Emi groaned slightly if she had her weapon this wouldn't be an issue. "Alright but we need to move quickly!" She said firmly. Besides, the sooner she got a hold of a weapon the sooner she could fight! "Follow me! And Trace keep up!" she yelled.

Emi quickly took the lead as she began to lead the small group to the laboratory. She made a sudden left turn down the first hallway, than a right on the next. She did that for about five minutes before she realized that they were back at Garden's office. "Oh come on!" she yelled. She glanced back at the group. "I meant to do that!" she yelled. "But in all seriousness...is there some secret passage way we could take....?" she said quickly.

{{:Sci Fi Rps:}}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff