Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Nintendo Guild

Back to Guilds

ONG is a guild and community specializing in Nintendo. 

Tags: Nintendo, Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Pokemon 

Reply Zelda
The Legend of Zelda Trivia Forum-How Well do you know Zelda? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which of these Zelda games does not introduce Princess Zelda?
  The Legend of Zelda for NES
  Majora's Mask
  Oracle of Ages
  Link's Awakening
  Wind Waker
View Results

Killmonga

Wealthy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 pm
has anyone beat the ds version phantom hour glass  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:01 pm
Kallori

-----

The only two games that don't use rupees are Four Swords Adventures and Adventure of Link, which use Force Gems and EXP respectively. Four Swords (the add-on to LttP GBA port) only rewards rupees based on performance in each level.

They aren't just rewards in Four Swords. You can get rupees during a level in Four Swords like normal (cutting grass, killing enemies, etc.)... Rupees are used when Link dies, he gets revived by paying a price of-at first-50 rupees, going up every time after then until it hits 500. So just getting a rupee reward would be kinda mean even though the game is short and easy, unless you're playing the Hero's Trail on the 25th anniversary edition (I have yet to beat that because of the last floor in the second dungeon is evil).  

2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 am
JynxMe2ce
has anyone beat the ds version phantom hour glass

PH is DS. there's no other 'versions'.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:46 am
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2
They aren't just rewards in Four Swords. You can get rupees during a level in Four Swords like normal (cutting grass, killing enemies, etc.)... Rupees are used when Link dies, he gets revived by paying a price of-at first-50 rupees, going up every time after then until it hits 500. So just getting a rupee reward would be kinda mean even though the game is short and easy, unless you're playing the Hero's Trail on the 25th anniversary edition (I have yet to beat that because of the last floor in the second dungeon is evil).

Thank you for reminding me.
You haven't conquered the second level?

Course I haven't beat it fully either, I haven't got past the third level in Hero's Trial, or managed to collect enough Rupees for the gold keys in the volcano's second level.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 am
Kallori
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Thank you for reminding me.
You haven't conquered the second level?

Course I haven't beat it fully either, I haven't got past the third level in Hero's Trial, or managed to collect enough Rupees for the gold keys in the volcano's second level.

Yeah, in the 2 dungeon's 2nd level, it lowers me down to few rupees with a high price for revival, then when I get into the 3rd level (the dark Vaati's castle area), you're met with many Wizrobes, Stalfos (the ones that jump on you) and Moblins that annoy me, and also wind, which blows me into enemies, off cliffs, etc.

But I hate how you can't have your shield with other weapons, so my defense is close to nothing (except running away).

I heard that beating it in 2 player is easier, but I don't have anyone to play with, so I'm stuck just fighting those masses of enemies alone.

I personally think this is harder than Zelda II.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:39 pm
Kallori
For the Rupee system:

NES:
Orange=1
Blue=5 (Not entirely familiar with this one)

LA
Blue=Varying values

ALttP
Green=1
Blue=5
Red=20 (I don't know if there's higher values here other than getting them in chests)

OoT/MM
Green=1
Blue=5
Red=20
Purple=50
Gold=200

MC
Pretty much the same as OoT, last I checked.

WW
Green=1
Blue=5
Yellow=10
Red=20
Purple=50
Orange=100 (can't remember higher than that)

TP
Green=1
Blue=5
Yellow=10
Red=20
Purple=50
Orange=100
Silver=200

Oracle Games
Green=1
Blue=5
Red=20

PH
Green=1
Blue=5
Red=20
Big Green=100
Big Red=200
Roopoor=Money stolen sad

ST
Same as PH

SS
Green=1
Blue=5
Red=20
Silver=100
Gold=300

-----

The only two games that don't use rupees are Four Swords Adventures and Adventure of Link, which use Force Gems and EXP respectively. Four Swords (the add-on to LttP GBA port) only rewards rupees based on performance in each level.

You got most of the Zelda currency correct! I'll send you two gifts for the fact I haven't written back for I believe half a month so you deserve an extra prize. biggrin  

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:51 pm
The answer to the poll: Ganondorf Dragmire.
Ganon is his monster form.
Ganondorf King of Evil is his title in Ocarina
Ganondorf the Gerudo King of Thieves is his origin.

Darth Vader is from Star Wars. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm
To the best of my knowledge...

*votes Majora's Mask in the current poll*  

TheRob

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 pm
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2
Yeah, in the 2 dungeon's 2nd level, it lowers me down to few rupees with a high price for revival, then when I get into the 3rd level (the dark Vaati's castle area), you're met with many Wizrobes, Stalfos (the ones that jump on you) and Moblins that annoy me, and also wind, which blows me into enemies, off cliffs, etc.

But I hate how you can't have your shield with other weapons, so my defense is close to nothing (except running away).

I heard that beating it in 2 player is easier, but I don't have anyone to play with, so I'm stuck just fighting those masses of enemies alone.

Yeah, I think so too. And I've beat Zelda II (like, once lol)
My mom (dare I say it) claims to have beaten it way back when, but also states she used a gameshark. (so pitiful)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 pm
Here's something I got:
Name all 24 masks in Majora's Mask.
Do NOT cheat, i.e. googling it o whatever, this needs to come from your memory banks

If you don't know, I''ll post them once everyone's thrown in the proverbial towel.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:58 am
Kallori
2_Lemmy_Koopa_2

Yeah, I think so too. And I've beat Zelda II (like, once lol)
My mom (dare I say it) claims to have beaten it way back when, but also states she used a gameshark. (so pitiful)

I've beat Zelda II also. I've only beat it once from the beginning (starting with nothing at level 1), but once you beat the game, you restart with all your levels and spells. All you'd really need to do is get weapons/equipment and upgrades (heart containers and magic upgrades). By restarting the same file like that, I've beaten it another time.

I have the game on the 3DS, so it has save states, but I got the game on day it was released on the 3DS virtual console (like, November 20th or something), so it wasn't updated, and I never checked the eShop until I beat the game, so on my first run through, I didn't use save states, but on the second, I didn't use one until I got to Dark Link. I just wanted to save it there so I could fight him as many times as I wanted. So I've beat the whole game twice, but I've beaten Dark Link quite a bit more (using both the cheat and the actual way).

I'd also say the original LoZ's second quest is much harder than Zelda II. I'm stuck on the 5th temple right now. Dang Wizrobes.  
Zelda

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff