Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
WOULD YOU SAY THE ANIME FOR RUROUNI KENSHIN IS GOOD?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fav. Character
  Kenshin of course.
View Results

Chibibotan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:26 pm
The anime...I actually liked it. I'm sure it would have exploded here if they had animated the Jinchu Arc and the fillers weren't as bad as most are. I do suggest the manga first of course as stated above, but for an anime lover, it's a great classic!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:30 pm
I watched the anime a long time ago, and when I went back to it, and then saw the japanese version...I thought that the voice acting kinda sucked...I thought it was perfectly fine when I first watched it though...

I guess it's because I went off and watched newer, more digitally advanced anime and got used to that...so when I went back, it felt weird to watch an older show...off course, I thought Yu Yu Hakusho was perfectly fine after trying to catch up to it after 3 or so years...and that started airing in the late 1980s in Japan...

Hmmmmm...very strange...

miken-chan

Akira_Hoshino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:21 pm
The anime was okay. The fighting scenes weren't well done, which is surprising since it's a story about fighting. sweatdrop The art is generally okay, though only a few episodes are exceptionally good. The characters often have very pointy noses though. xd And for some reason Kenshin's hair is dark red instead of carrot red. The anime manages to stay pretty close to the manga, except for a handful of filler eps, right through the Kyoto Arc. Then there were a bunch of lame-o filler episodes which I HATED (the Asakusa Shogo Arc had its good moments, but more or less had no point and made Kenshin, Christians, and the Japanese government look stupid) and the Yuutarou Arc with the magic and stuff was even worse. They should have just animated the freakin' Enishi saga.

Seisouhen was good too - the art needed some getting used to, but I thought it was very pretty. It was depressing and I cried a lot. But except for the Tomoe Arc, I don't consider Seisouhen as truth because it's not the story Watsuki wrote.

Given a grade of 1-10, 1 being lowest and 10 being highest, I'd give Ruroken anime a 7. The manga gets a right-out 10. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:02 pm
bump  

Athrun 789

Greedy Raider

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:34 pm
I dont like the english dub, but at least kenshin doesent sound like a girl in it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:11 pm
I actually perfer Kenshin in the english dub than in the Japanese...probably because I watched it in english first and lived for two years with it that way but, whatever. I think the anime takes the manga and turns it into powerful stuff. However, the third season made of fillers I find very stupid, except for a few eps.  

Warrior Princess Kimiko

cavad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:58 am
RainyAkuma
C'mon! Shougo was good, even though the was a Wannabe! crying I loved that guy for no reason... but, he's number four, after Aoshi... xd
me too, in a no homo way  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:50 am
I prefer the manga personally, but I do with everything. I can read a chapter worth of manga far faster than I can watch an episode, and I don't have tons of free time, so yeah, manga's better. Not that the anime's bad, though . . .  

Deathfire-san

Kimiko Sakato

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:13 pm
The anime is pretty good... and I downright love to OVA and manga.
But pretty soon, those will be taken down off of sites like YouTube, and we won't be able to see them. And I'm too cheap to buy DVD's...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:55 am
buy it  

C0FFIN

randomshoes77

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:06 pm
I'm sorry, but I strongly dislike it.

I really really don't like it. I'm not going to bash it thought, because I'm going to get yelled at. But I don't like it at all.

That's why I read the manga. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:04 am
i love the anime but nothing beats manga  

Agika

Naughty Little Fox

Sweet Slayer

23,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:55 am
Agika
i love the anime but nothing beats manga

I agree  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:40 pm
The anime was ok, but nothing beats the manga! the story there was so much better!  

Miraya-chan

-part time ninja-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 pm
The story flows better in the manga, but the anime is great as well. heart

Third arc is, as stated, not as great as the first two.

~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff