Welcome to Gaia! ::

FMG:The Future Mangaka Guild.

Back to Guilds

Aspiring manga artists and long-time fans of anime and manga,your haven is here. 

Tags: manga, anime, japanese, drawing, friends 

Reply The FMG Main
A suggestion for an event. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello :)
  +1
View Results

sparklegasmic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:19 pm
tick tock tea

Feel free to participate, once the auditions are open. smile

mkay thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:48 pm
sparklegasmic
tick tock tea

mkay thanks
Np.  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm
tick tock tea
gbioryl
Ah! Sorry for not being around! sweatdrop Yes, I'm still completely willing to be a judge, and I could help with the cover page, too. Also, I have an idea as to how to set up the tournament. It's a lot like Tick-tock-tea's idea, but with a few changes.
Quote:
With no clear leader, Gaia is in chaos. In order to restore balance, an anonymous figure from the Underworld of Gaia (as in yakuza and the like, not hell) arranges a tournament. He sends out word "To restore control, a fighting tournament will be held one month from now. The winner will be given the Underworld's support as the Champion of Gaia and will have complete control over the people until there is such a time that a new leader can be named. Come for the glory and prizes, and fight so that you can be the Champion of Gaia!" With no idea as to who this mysterious figure was, the people begin calling this person "A-san". The strongest fighters will gather on the day of the tournament, and the ultimate showdown will begin!

How is it? I liked TTT's idea for A-chan, so I just changed it a bit. Hope you don't mind! Also, I'm capable of being a judge, but I'm pretty poor. I only recently got 100,000 gold, so I won't be much help with the prizes. Sorry.

I actually like the idea, but like Nagatoist mentioned it's a bit far-fetched combining, but if you combined it with her idea of rebellion in could work.

Yeah feel free to make improvements, I just came up with those stuff on the spot. So, they really need to be thought out more.

Sadly, I wouldn't be able to participate with this tournament due to my upcoming busy schedules but I'll try to help whenever I can.

Btw, someone need to set a hiring judges thread.

sparklegasmic
I feel just a 'little' bit late
but I wouldn't mind participating as an artist if need be.
I love my avi.

When should they be opened?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
gbioryl
Ah! Sorry for not being around! sweatdrop Yes, I'm still completely willing to be a judge, and I could help with the cover page, too. Also, I have an idea as to how to set up the tournament. It's a lot like Tick-tock-tea's idea, but with a few changes.
Quote:
With no clear leader, Gaia is in chaos. In order to restore balance, an anonymous figure from the Underworld of Gaia (as in yakuza and the like, not hell) arranges a tournament. He sends out word "To restore control, a fighting tournament will be held one month from now. The winner will be given the Underworld's support as the Champion of Gaia and will have complete control over the people until there is such a time that a new leader can be named. Come for the glory and prizes, and fight so that you can be the Champion of Gaia!" With no idea as to who this mysterious figure was, the people begin calling this person "A-san". The strongest fighters will gather on the day of the tournament, and the ultimate showdown will begin!

How is it? I liked TTT's idea for A-chan, so I just changed it a bit. Hope you don't mind! Also, I'm capable of being a judge, but I'm pretty poor. I only recently got 100,000 gold, so I won't be much help with the prizes. Sorry.

I actually like the idea, but like Nagatoist mentioned it's a bit far-fetched combining, but if you combined it with her idea of rebellion in could work.

Yeah feel free to make improvements, I just came up with those stuff on the spot. So, they really need to be thought out more.

Sadly, I wouldn't be able to participate with this tournament due to my upcoming busy schedules but I'll try to help whenever I can.

sparklegasmic
I love my avi.

Whenever you guys are ready.  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 pm
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
gbioryl
Quote:

sparklegasmic
I love my avi.

We should make sure enough people are participating and are interested. I will make another announcement about it. We should be ready if we can get some people posting in the auditions. Also,care to explain the auditions a little more?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:37 pm
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
gbioryl

sparklegasmic
I love my avi.

We should make sure enough people are participating and are interested. I will make another announcement about it. We should be ready if we can get some people posting in the auditions. Also,care to explain the auditions a little more?

The auditions are the character sheet. The character sheet is a reference for the other artists who will drawing the character. It should have the front, side and back view of Gaia OC. It will also need to include the basic informations of the characters such as name, age, ethnicity, dob etc. Along with the characters personality, likes and dislikes. The audiotioner should also provide an entertaining background story of the their Gaia OC.

The audition would be judge on the character's design, complexity and realism of the personality and background story.

PS. They should be a limited number of participants that'll get accepted.  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea

The auditions are the character sheet. The character sheet is a reference for the other artists who will drawing the character. It should have the front, side and back view of Gaia OC. It will also need to include the basic informations of the characters such as name, age, ethnicity, dob etc. Along with the characters personality, likes and dislikes. The audiotioner should also provide an entertaining background story of the their Gaia OC.

The audition would be judge on the character's design, complexity and realism of the personality and background story.

Sounds great. I can't wait to see people's entries biggrin
How many participants are we talking? 10-20?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 pm
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea

Sounds great. I can't wait to see people's entries biggrin
How many participants are we talking? 10-20?

Roughly around that number.

By the way, add fighting skills to the sheet. 3nodding  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

Malumslof

Dangerous Inquisitor

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:34 pm
I would like to enter smile but since my avatar is a video game character, do i have to change it?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:32 pm
The Great_Xulchibara
I would like to enter smile but since my avatar is a video game character, do i have to change it?

You can make a gaia oc using tektek instead if you want. smile  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

Malumslof

Dangerous Inquisitor

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:34 pm
tick tock tea
The Great_Xulchibara

Great! thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 pm
The Great_Xulchibara
tick tock tea
The Great_Xulchibara

Great! thanks.

No problem. smile  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

quiescentLunacy

Lonely Survivor

16,625 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:07 am
Well, once everything is set up, I'm ready to start whenever. Btw, can judges compete? Because I'm considering it. I'm not sure yet though. Also, sorry about not being around. I keep forgetting that this is a thing sweatdrop . I recommend that if you want to contact me, quote me or send me a PM.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 am
quiescentLunacy
Well, once everything is set up, I'm ready to start whenever. Btw, can judges compete? Because I'm considering it. I'm not sure yet though. Also, sorry about not being around. I keep forgetting that this is a thing sweatdrop . I recommend that if you want to contact me, quote me or send me a PM.
I think it wouldn't be fair to have the judges compete. Just saying.  

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

Angelic Arisa

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:03 pm
This is a really awesome idea blaugh , I'm probably going to enter, but I can't promise you anything near professional comic work, but I will give it my all on this contest biggrin  
The FMG Main

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff