Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
Quidditch Banter: OOC for players and fans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:32 pm
Spaz has been busy with job interviews and pale mist kind of vanished. So if you want you can just skip the healing.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:21 pm
anbu_ninja_penguin
Spaz has been busy with job interviews and pale mist kind of vanished. So if you want you can just skip the healing.

how long do you think I would have to wait be accepted if I made a temp healer for the rest of the year?  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:42 pm
Essy A Dante
anbu_ninja_penguin

how long do you think I would have to wait be accepted if I made a temp healer for the rest of the year?

I can't say but shouldn't be long.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm
Tah:
Nuh. Nevah. o3o

Bug430
Really bunny. I've had enough of physics; so I know a few things. But you also need to account for bouncing off a bludger bat as well, which in a way, could make a bludger drastically slower or faster. So there is some initial velocity to that making the total energy even higher, or lower, depending on final speed, which you would need the distance and acceleration of the bludger along with initial velocity to find.

I don't know if you could call it a head on collision with the bludger, well 'elastic collision'. Cause I could find that intial through that as well.

Pfft. I only had physics for a week, so my knowledge pool is still super shallow. Hypothetically speaking, I could hypothesize about all the lengths and acceleration and such, but that would take too long. Hence why I didn't translate kinetic energy into work or force, which is more relate-able than joules. But who know? Maybe somewhere down my current year, I will find my answer to that, then come back and do all the mathy calculations. This is certainly a topic to pursue further. o3o  

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:33 pm
So basically, it will be acceptable for all of us quidditch players to assume that when the next match starts, we have been fully healed from the last one. Especially since, in RP time, it will have likely been a little while, not just a few days.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:11 am
Shoot. Hey guys, it's Grandparent's day today. I may be gone for a good chunk of the rest of the day spending time with my Grandma. I'll make a post when I get back, so my teammates know I'll be available to catch their passes again.

Edit: Okay, we're staying in, so never mind!  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:39 pm
Almost took a second blow from my own bludger lol. I guess it is well suiting of the post's idea of a fiery hard hitting blow being sent. Such a blow would have been risky so I guess it works out. Honestly though sometimes I'm more afraid of myself when I make a beater role than when someone else fires on me.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm
Ronyo Storm
Almost took a second blow from my own bludger lol. I guess it is well suiting of the post's idea of a fiery hard hitting blow being sent. Such a blow would have been risky so I guess it works out. Honestly though sometimes I'm more afraid of myself when I make a beater role than when someone else fires on me.

Yes! Especially since said "firey hard blow" was coming at me! Although... I kind of want to get hit.... Purely for effect, of course!!  

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:49 pm
Ronyo Storm

I did take my second blow from my own bludger... v.v
Oh well. Another try, another broken bone or two. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:57 pm
I have a feeling all beaters fill pain when any of their style get hit by their own attempt. The circle of Beater bruises is likely one of stories told among fellows like tales of old told among warriors.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 pm
I really need another active slytherin chaser T.T it's unfair. I have to wait for 2/3 steal attempts between my posts. and they all have less posts then I do (since a pass technically counts as two post the one who orginally had it then the one who caught it) she they are posting about 3 posts between all their members (though it'll add up to 5) while i'm making 5 myself and dealing with several people tryign to steal from her.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 pm
anbu_ninja_penguin
I really need another active slytherin chaser T.T it's unfair. I have to wait for 2/3 steal attempts between my posts. and they all have less posts then I do (since a pass technically counts as two post the one who orginally had it then the one who caught it) she they are posting about 3 posts between all their members (though it'll add up to 5) while i'm making 5 myself and dealing with several people tryign to steal from her.

For the majority of this game, it was just Heather and I. While Slytherin had Keeper, Seeker, Chaser, and both Beaters!  

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:41 pm
TechNerd0072
anbu_ninja_penguin

For the majority of this game, it was just Heather and I. While Slytherin had Keeper, Seeker, Chaser, and both Beaters!
well technically for what i'm talkign about Keeper, Seeker, and beaters really don't matter. I mean for chaser every single game it's just me since none of our other chasers are active. so I have to play out a whole lot more posts then all the other chasers on all the other team. Yes when there is only one other chaser it's not problem but once you get out numbered there's a strong disadvantage.

(sorry for the snappyness. I'm kind of in one of those moods where everything seems to tick you off.))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm
anbu_ninja_penguin
well technically for what i'm talkign about Keeper, Seeker, and beaters really don't matter. I mean for chaser every single game it's just me since none of our other chasers are active. so I have to play out a whole lot more posts then all the other chasers on all the other team. Yes when there is only one other chaser it's not problem but once you get out numbered there's a strong disadvantage.

(sorry for the snappyness. I'm kind of in one of those moods where everything seems to tick you off.))

I understand. Every time there's a Hufflepuff match I stay up all night to Role-Play.... Weekends is one thing... School nights another... And Hufflepuff does okay with just me posting! I just have a lot more bludgers to dodge.  

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:57 am
Just posting so I know what time it is on here. (Please don't be past 7)  
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff