DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:19 pm
shoki_de_nai
For me, my fursona is a character I use to represent myself online and to the furry fandom.
Initially, she started out as what I would like to be. She didn't have the flaws I have physically and personality wise. But, over the years she's evolved and taken on more of my characteristics.

Well, it represents you, it defines you.
Whether it's everything you're not or yourself exactly, it's another side of you and so I think that even if you wanted to keep the two personalities separate, their combining may have been inevitable.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:25 pm
Lady Ayankha
yep.... down to the domesticated hunter instincts.... and i attract them like flies... got a few outdoor cats in my neighborhood... if we're out and about at the same time, they find me like heat seeking missiles....

here's some more food for thought: my best friend, before we actually became friends, was an Egyptian cheetah... beautiful black coat with gilt spots that took forever to draw but looked v pretty none the less.... she had that fursona for years and she still plays with her every now and then, but a year after we became friends, she created a new fursona that started out as a flying squirrel/fox hybrid and has since become a fennec... she got the idea from some anime, thought it was cute, and built a fursona out of it.... oddly enough, you can tell when you're talking to akira [( the cheetah )] or when you're talking to teito [( the fennec )] even her family addresses her as akira/teito... she has literally become her fursonas in every aspect, psychologically speaking

I see.
Your friend, she sounds... interesting. Kinda wish I could meet her myself.
My fursona, being a bi-colored wolf... It's name is Dusk. Or... perhaps Dawn in other moods? Two sides of the same coin but two entirely different worlds altogether. Seems, fitting.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 am
Foxkilth
Deathgod of Legend
Foxkilth
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
Conversations like these are always interesting.Allow me to put a therian twist on things.

I myself an not a furry,so I don't have a fursona,but I can understand why others would choose deep symbolic traits to make their fursona as "their true selves".Being a therian I was born the way I am,I did not choose my animal,what she looks like,or how she is,but she is me.I have found that sometimes furries don't realize they are therians and they "choose"the animal they've always felt like,only later to find that it wasn't an invented personality at all,but the animal inside since birth.

... what's a Therian? sweatdrop

Short for therianthrope a therian is somebody who feels a connection with an animal. Not necessarily an animal from this plane either, although most accepted therians tend to be animals such as wolves or big cats there are some who believe themselves to be unicorns or other mythical creatures.
The connection the person feels with the animal can range from feeling they have been born into the wrong body (similar to those with gender issues) to simply a belief that they were an animal in a past life and still retain some memories or behaviours of said animal.
Therians do not physically become the animal they have a connection with, although some do describe "mental shifts" where they feel their whole thought process becomes that of the animals.
Therians are not to be confused with the Furry fandom who have a completely different relationship with animals.....

It appears there are many variations of this subject entirely...
I myself can relate to the Therian idea as at times I've kinda felt that way.

At any rate whether it's Therian personality or a fursona, I'm feelin' wolf.
Black and white or dark grey and white. Whichever.
I've always really felt that way, I love beef jerky, I bite people randomly, I growl... during you know "times" , I've always loved sort of fighting with big dogs on all fours occasionally holding them down and biting them in the neck as a sign of dominance.
It's kind of odd to think about it but that's how I am, no joke.
Maybe I'm just a weird person?

I actually understood that
every time i've looked it up... no dice
but now i wonder if i Furry or Therian?
Very well said Deathgod.There are many inconsistancies about what therianthropy is to most people,foe example a wide range of how the wiki page describes us comes off of folklore and isn't what we actually are,but you got much ot it right :33
And Foxkilth,it is very common that a person who is a therian mistakes themselves for,or is also a furry.I've met many furries who with a bit of guidance found out that they were therian.
This site might be able to help you,and perhaps some others,determine whether you are actually therian. http://therian-guide.com/?page=Home
It's very helpful and informative.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 am
My fursona is a representation of my inner self, something that I've taken years to grasp at and finally feel I understand. He is a rabbit because like rabbits, I look harmless and cute however his personality and physical appearance are deeper than that. He is he embodiment of my innermost feelings and thoughts, things I usually keep repressed so I can appear normal and not wind up in an insane asylum. He is rather psychotic, taking pleasure in fighting and killing others, he enjoys eating meat more than anything else (much like myself), he loves his hard liquor (again something I share with him), He has a compassionate side but only those who've known him for a long time see it (unfortunately this is becoming more and more my case every day). His body is scarred from a lifetime of hardship and pain (reflecting things that happened to me), he is missing his left eye (I am going blind in my left eye) though his was replaced by a cybernetic one. In a nutshell I guess he's the combination of things I wish I could be, and things I am. I wanted to become a marine but was unable to pass even the basic physical to join the military (car accident is all I'll say) so I gave my fursona a successful military career which evolved into him becoming a soldier of fortune over the years. His name, Kaito, is Japanese but he speaks with a heavy Russian accent simply put I like Japanese names and gave him the voice I wish I had gotten from my Russian heritage.

(Edit: I rambled, I'm sorry, I just figured I'd give as detailed an explanation I could into how one fursona came to be)  

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Foxkilth

Devoted Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 pm
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
Foxkilth
Deathgod of Legend
Foxkilth
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
Conversations like these are always interesting.Allow me to put a therian twist on things.

I myself an not a furry,so I don't have a fursona,but I can understand why others would choose deep symbolic traits to make their fursona as "their true selves".Being a therian I was born the way I am,I did not choose my animal,what she looks like,or how she is,but she is me.I have found that sometimes furries don't realize they are therians and they "choose"the animal they've always felt like,only later to find that it wasn't an invented personality at all,but the animal inside since birth.

... what's a Therian? sweatdrop

Short for therianthrope a therian is somebody who feels a connection with an animal. Not necessarily an animal from this plane either, although most accepted therians tend to be animals such as wolves or big cats there are some who believe themselves to be unicorns or other mythical creatures.
The connection the person feels with the animal can range from feeling they have been born into the wrong body (similar to those with gender issues) to simply a belief that they were an animal in a past life and still retain some memories or behaviours of said animal.
Therians do not physically become the animal they have a connection with, although some do describe "mental shifts" where they feel their whole thought process becomes that of the animals.
Therians are not to be confused with the Furry fandom who have a completely different relationship with animals.....

It appears there are many variations of this subject entirely...
I myself can relate to the Therian idea as at times I've kinda felt that way.

At any rate whether it's Therian personality or a fursona, I'm feelin' wolf.
Black and white or dark grey and white. Whichever.
I've always really felt that way, I love beef jerky, I bite people randomly, I growl... during you know "times" , I've always loved sort of fighting with big dogs on all fours occasionally holding them down and biting them in the neck as a sign of dominance.
It's kind of odd to think about it but that's how I am, no joke.
Maybe I'm just a weird person?

I actually understood that
every time i've looked it up... no dice
but now i wonder if i Furry or Therian?
Very well said Deathgod.There are many inconsistancies about what therianthropy is to most people,foe example a wide range of how the wiki page describes us comes off of folklore and isn't what we actually are,but you got much ot it right :33
And Foxkilth,it is very common that a person who is a therian mistakes themselves for,or is also a furry.I've met many furries who with a bit of guidance found out that they were therian.
This site might be able to help you,and perhaps some others,determine whether you are actually therian. http://therian-guide.com/?page=Home
It's very helpful and informative.

this is awesome, thanks you whee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:43 pm
shoki_de_nai
For me, my fursona is a character I use to represent myself online and to the furry fandom.
Initially, she started out as what I would like to be. She didn't have the flaws I have physically and personality wise. But, over the years she's evolved and taken on more of my characteristics.

This. 3nodding  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Puppercrust

Trash Pup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 am
I chose my fursona because I like crabbies and it just happens to be that I am also a crab-a**.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:18 pm
Kallamarii
I chose my fursona because I like crabbies and it just happens to be that I am also a crab-a**.

Would be ironic if you were of the Cancer zodiac as well.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Puppercrust

Trash Pup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 am
Deathgod of Legend
Kallamarii

Would be ironic if you were of the Cancer zodiac as well.

BUT ALAS I AM A VIRGO

THE VIRGIN CRABS

which i suppose makes that even more ironic cause you know, Sexually Transmitted Parasites and all...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 am
Kallamarii

BUT ALAS I AM A VIRGO

THE VIRGIN CRABS

which i suppose makes that even more ironic cause you know, Sexually Transmitted Parasites and all...

You're just a shell of irony aren't you?  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Puppercrust

Trash Pup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:04 am
Deathgod of Legend
Kallamarii

BUT ALAS I AM A VIRGO

THE VIRGIN CRABS

You're just a shell of irony aren't you?

And now im a Tibetan Mastiff / Alaskan Malamute~

EVER-CHANGING. EVER-EVOLVING.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 am
Kallamarii

I see that. o.O  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Puppercrust

Trash Pup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 am
Deathgod of Legend
Kallamarii

I see that. o.O

not enough fluff, though ):  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 am
Kallamarii

not enough fluff, though ):

Like your signature, by the way.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

ushiwaka2468

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 am
Deathgod of Legend
shoki_de_nai

Well, it represents you, it defines you.
Whether it's everything you're not or yourself exactly, it's another side of you and so I think that even if you wanted to keep the two personalities separate, their combining may have been inevitable.

agreed. The main reason some people, myself included, have more than one fursona is because they feel connected to more than one animal  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff