The Great War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:04 pm
“Alright everyone this is when the real work starts. If you thought the breach was hard this will easily be the hardest task we have ever been given. I need you all on your top game and ready to follow my commands instantly. This job is vital to the success of the mother land and it starts now.” Desmond was almost as accustomed to giving these pep talks as his crew was to hearing them. This was just how Desmond prepared himself. He agreed with Masamba, leave the guns behind, but he struggled with the give up their concealed weapons too. From where they were they didn’t see any checkpoints but each town should have them. If they avoided the patrols and main roads they should be able to slip by. Desmond laid his machine gun and sword against the tree. He then made sure to locate his waist pistol and ankle knife. He decided he would hold onto them.

Suzuki followed suit but Reggie had a hard time leaving the gun. Jokingly he stroked it along the barrel and then kissed the end. “Daddy will come back for ya baby. Don’t cry, I’ll be right back for ya.” HE set it down next to everyone else’s weapons and then followed the march into town. “We don’t have to get into character do we?” Reggie spoke to soon. Suzuki already had her arm around Desmond’s and the two lead the pack into town. She turned back to Reggie and stuck out her tongue.

“What is that intern, you want to know a bit more about the terrain of our archeology dig sight. Our lovely translator Masamba will share some more.” Desmond said cutely, playing at Reggie and his undercover person. He was not happy that they made him the intern but he had to play along. If he had to play the part to complete the mission then that was what he was going to do.

“Please Masamba, tell me more.” Reggie struck sarcastically.

While Masamba told them about the African terrain they neared the meeting location. Hopefully they wouldn't run into any issues.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:42 am
As the four walked Masamba lead them towards a building on the end of the main street that had a busted street lamp out front. The building was two stories tall, made out of a musty yellow brick with large windows on both floors. The bottom floor had glass windows, but the windows on the second floor were open to the air. From the windows loud music bellowed and the sound of laughter and drunken debauthcery could be heard resonating inside. An African man of about 30 stumbled out of the door singing with slurred words and he wobbled down the street past Desmond and the others. "This bar is the meeting location for our contact. Let's go inside and get a drink." Masamba whispered after the drunken man stumbled past them.

The four went inside the bar to find it filled with dozens of African and Empire peoples drinking, dancing, singing to the sound of old Empire folk music. Four black tavern girls where running from table to table delivering drinks. Some of the Empire soldiers would grab and squeeze the girls as they walked past. Angered stirred in Masamba as he watched the Empire soldiers harass the young girls, but he knew that it would be no different than any bar with off duty soldiers in it, regardless of where those soldiers came from. War brought out the worse in people.

Masamba spotted a corner spot in the room towards the back of the bar. It was dimly lite. "That looks like a good spot to wait for our contact. I was told the contact would be wearing a red eagle to signal us. I guess we should blend in and wait for the red eagle to arrive." Masamba moved through the crowd. As he did Desmond could notice how uncomfortable Masamba was in the bar. Masamba was an orderly man, this rambunctious bar was very unsettling for him. As Masamba sat down one of the tavern girl meekly made her way over to him and asked him for his order. Masamba ordered kulu, a strong moonshine-like drink popular in the fringe towns of the African wild.  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:52 pm
“I’ll have whatever the house has on tap. Don’t care much for what it is, I just want to drink!” Desmond only showed as much courtesy as the next soldier. It wasn’t much after a fight. He knew the part well from experience of his own. Most of his sentence was a jumble of grunts than anything. “give the same to these two here.”

“I think I’ll have some of what Masa is drinking.” Suzuki quickly withdrew Desmond’s order with a quick wink at Masamba. “After all we are here to learn aren’t we?” The rest laughed. Desmond’s was fake. It would be a risk taking a local drink. They didn’t want to raise attention to themselves.

Bars also made Reggie uncomfortable. All the music and dancing reminded him of Natalie. It had been so long since he stretched his legs in a dance. It made him think back to his weeding night. Natalie was a dancer before joining the force and it was one of his favorite qualities in her. All they did on their free time was go to bars and dance.

“That will be all.” Desmond needed this distraction out of the way as soon as possible. This was not a safe location to be in and the longer they waited the greater the chance something could go wrong. Desmond always expected something to go wrong. It was only his flexible creativity that worked under the pressure of situations going wrong that got him to his position. After she left Desmond turned his attention to Masamba. In a quiet whisper he asked, “Do you think you could get us into a place under the radar tonight?”  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:39 am
Masamba ordered a local beer for him and Suzuki and smiled at the young dark waitress as she walked back to the bar to get their drinks. Masamba looked out over the crowd of Empire soldiers mixed with sporadic locals mixed in. This bar had mainly been taken over by soldiers, which might not be a good thing for the three obvious outsiders. Masamba hoped their cover stories were good, they might end up needing them this night. The drink were brought and the three drank quietly as people around them danced. "Lodging shouldn't be too hard to find, but that will depend on what our contact says. We should meet them tonight. In fact I am going to scoop out the bar and look for our contact."

Masamba stood up watched up to the bar and started to mingle with the patrons there. The trio drank quietly trying not to draw attention to themseleves when suddenly they heard the clash a pewter mug hitting the stone ground. Across the room an Empire soldier was trying to grab at young woman. The woman was white, her hair was brown and wavy, probably a girl from the Empire brought along with the soldiers, a paid companion perhaps? The soldier was clearly drunk, his face flush with the red of alchohol.

"Common, just give me a feel. A last request from a soldier, I'm going on a dangerous assignment tomorrow" The soldier slurred as he tried to back the woman into the far wall.The woman bit her lip as she backed into the wall, a look of worry on her face. The soldier's friends where egging him on. Calling out that the girl should be more friendly.

"Please, I am sorry to hear about your mission, but I am afraid I am not that type of girl." The girl said meekly as she scanned the bar for something or someone. The soldier laughed and pushed her against the wall.  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:56 am
"Dammit Desmond don't you even think about it" Reggie said as he eyed his friend from across the table. Reggie knew Desmond had a soft spot for damsels in distress. This look like a ticket for danger, danger none of them needed

Desmond had already been watching the two interact. He hated being among common foot soldiers for this very reason. The entitlements any of felt made him sick. If it were so eas, he would jump over the table, Stab the solider in the back, and run the woman out of harms way. But he had his team and himself to worry about.

"We can't just do nothing Reggie!" Suzuki felt them same pull. The two hated It's when Reggie made sense. It usually held them back from doing what felt like the right thing.

"So make me out to be the bad guy. I want to help her just as much as you two. You both know that would jeopardize the mission"

"Maybe it won't. Our cover stores are good enough. Besides making friendly's in this town could be helpful in the end." It was always that way. When Desmond made up his mind he would twist whatever he needed to to make it right. "You two get into position for major distraction. I will find the Masamba. He will know a better way to redirect these guards energy." After Desmond gave the word everyone moved from the table and got into position. This was one of Desmond's team's best skills; Coming up with creative solutions to difficult situations. When Desmond said get ready for a distraction, he usually means do what ever you have to when the attention falls on you.

"Masamba please tell me there is a real whore house in this town." Desmond looked hopeful but before Masamba could reply things had spiraled out of control. The soldier had the woman pinned against the wall and was about to force his face into hers. Desmond quickly spun about, faked a trip, and knocked into the soldier. His weight was enough to push the man off. He spiraled over, cursing the whole way down. Desmond did his best fake laugh, chuckling like only a drunk man can. Without anyone noticing, he slipped his fake ring onto the woman's finger.

"I promise you soldier, this is something you don't want to do. At least this is not the girl you want to do." Desmond continued his fake laugh. "This girl is married. Raping some other man's chick is not something you want to take to the grave." Desmond gave Susuki a glare, hinting that it was her que. They would have to brake character but that wouldn't be the first rule they broke in this very bad idea. She returned a death glare and then stepped in to help up the drunk soldier. All of the other soldiers were ready for a bar fight but Susuki took over with such great acting that it calms them all.

"Is that what all the excitement is over here. If its your last night you don't want to be playing around with an inexperienced women that isn't puttin out. If you have the coin I could make this the best night of your life." Susuki played it up with a bit of a lap dance on the same soldier after putting him back in a chair. He grabbed on tight but Susuki played hard to get.

As soon as the attention was on Susuki Reggie grabbed the girl and led her out I the bar. He looked her over to make sure she was alright.

"Oh man she is the best. I haven't got a chance at her yet. Why don't I lay this round for you." Desmond leaned over Susuki and placed some cash in her bra. Everyone went wild there. Susuki continued her death glare.

"Follow me boy. I'm going to make you a man."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 am
The girl fidgetted in Reggie's arms as he drug her out. Reggie kept telling her it would be alright and to keep calm, but the woman kept on fighting to get out of his grasp. Reggie noticed this girl had a lot more fight in her then she seemed, not the same girl that had been pinned up against the wall so easily by the drunk soldier.

"I am meeting someone very important in that bar, I have to go back," she protested as they got out of the bar. Soon Suzuki and Desomnd where following them out of the bar. Once they got into the street outside the bar the girl managed to get out of Reggie's grasp and took a couple steps forward before turning around stamping her foot. "Who the hell do you think you are? Just because I am a woman I couldn't take care of myself there?" The girl protested with a fire. Then she saw that Desmond and Suzuki where walking over to them and the girl realized they were together. "Wait....your accent, your from Russia! Wait why is an Asian, a Russian, and an Australian together in a bar in a town occupied by the Empire, just a day after a major feint by the enemy on the coast?"

The three panicked as the girl realized something was up with their being there in the town. Desmond stepped forward to start with their cover stories when he heard Masamba's voice behind them, "Why does a random Empire girl in an African village know that the landing was a feint? Hmm?" Masamba said as he walked past the three towards the girl with a smile on his face. Masamba ran a hand over a little pin on his lapel that the three hadn't noticed him put on as they entered the village.

The girl looked at him in fear as she took a step back, then she noticed what Masamba was running his hand over and smiled, "Oh that pin! Pleasure to meet you. I am Sarah Stokworth, please you four follow me back to my house." The girl turned around and started to walk up the mainstreet.  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:39 pm
The three men all sighed in relief. That could not have gone over any better. Just before they all turned to follow the women Suzuki, who was still dealing with the horny b*****d, barged through the pubs back door. The man did not stand a chance. As soon as the backdoor swung closed, he was crushed from all sides. Three fists to the face were enough to knock him out cold. Suzuki placed the man in a nearby shed and then rushed to catch the others.

“So you are our informant. It is a pleasure meeting you Miss? Stokworth.” She had Desmond’s curiosity perked. There night was about to get a whole lot more interesting.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:31 pm
Sarah turned her head back around as she was walking down the mainstreet in the town, "Yes its Miss Stokworth, but feel free to call me Sarah...I'm sorry I don't actually know your names yet." She said with a slight blush. The group introduced themselves to Sarah as they walked down the quiet street. Since the Empire had occupied the town most citizens took to their homes at night for fear of abuse by the Empire troopers, or so Sarah said. As they made their way down the main street at the last street on the left the turned down an alley way and made their way to a large two story house with a fenced in yard, "One of the perks of being from the Empire, you get good housing," Sarah said with a hint of embarrassment.

Sarah led them into the house where they greet by an African maid, "Miss Stokworth who are these guests this late at night, what will the people say.." The maid let out a yelp of shock as she realized what nationalities the four were, "Miss Stokworth what you doing with these people. If the soldiers saw them come in here, what will your father say! You put us all in danger Miss Stokworth." The maid said as she turned her head towards the stairs behind her.

Sarah laughed and put an hand on the maid's shoulder, "It's Kala, we were not seen. It's pay day so all the soldiers are at the bar drinking. They won't be here long, just for the next day until I can send them on their way."

The maid eyed Sarah suspiciously, "And where would you be sending these here people? Your father has told you about the crowd you run with, they are not good! No good at all, just stirring up trouble for the rest of us keeping our heads down."

Sarah bite her lip, "You of all people should see why I do what I do Kala. How can you just sit by and keep your head down while your people are terrorized by the Empire troopers. That "crowd" I run around with are trying to help end the occupation Kala."

Kala threw her hands up and turned away, "I just want to keep my head down and keep on living, Empire or the Warlords, its makes no difference to me. I don't see why you care anyways, you blood is that of the Empire, why you trying so hard to hurt it?"

Sarah looked down at the ground, "I can't choose where I am from, but I can choose what I fight for. All the Empire seeks is to enslave the as much of the world as they can, carrying on about the superior race." Sarah walked to Kala and reached out to her,"I'm not any different than you Kala, we are both people."

Kala kept walking away tired of this, "If you insist on this folly please keep it away from here, your father is one of the few men in the Empire that is good. He maintains the army and keeps them from some of committing some of the horrors you here about from other towns. If you are so keen on helping us out then you won't do anything to put him in danger."  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:36 pm
“If it is any consolation miss… Sarah,” Desmond attempted to fight at the awkward disagreement their informant was facing, “I think what you are doing is very admirable. You are a hero to these people, even if some cannot see it.” Desmond spoke as he followed closely behind Sarah.

“I don’t know about this Suzuki. This Sarah is a military girl. Sounds like her father is a big deal too.” Reggie was skeptical. He never did deal well with the mental aspect of espionage. “She could just be trying to find out more about our front.”

“I think it is brilliant if you ask me. Makes me wish my father was big s**t.” Suzuki laughed Reggie off. She was just excited to finally get down to business.

“What do you have for us?” Desmond asked once everyone was together and concealed.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:44 pm
After talking with the maid Sarah turned back to the group and smiled, "Sorry about that. Kala means well, she just doesn't want to see anyone hurt. The Empire....a lot of people who protest the occupation have suffered. That's why I fight this war against my own people, because everyone is a human, and no one should have to suffer unnecessarily. Now follow me" She lead the group to a back house in an enormous back yard of the house. Inside was a small furnished apartment where she bid the group to make themselves comfortable.

Sarah hummed as she walked over to the stove and started to boil some water for tea, "I hope you all like hot tea, opposing my government I might be, however, I still am a product of my environment and I do love tea." Sarah hummed as she worked on boiling tea for the group. As she finished she brought a tray of mugs over to the couches and chairs the group had sat on.

"Now then, down to business. So yes I am your contact to the local resistance group. Most of us live within the city or the surrounding villages, some of us stay full time at our base, but the more that stay there the better the chance it will be found is, so we like to melt in and out as needed. The base we have set up is set up in an island in the middle of a deep marsh within the swamp. It is only accessible by boat, it's a treacherous place, but it's hidden and defensible...should the need ever come," Sarah cast her eyes down from the group as she brought up real combat. Her voice weakened a little bit, and it was easy to tell the thought made her uncomfertable. She did not seem like a fighter. "I am supposed to take you there tomorrow, we will head out after dark tomorrow. You can hide out in here for the day. Tomorrow...." Sarah stopped and started to blush as she crossed her legs and straightened her back, "It might be best if Reggie and Suzuki stay behind in the house. They will draw peoples attention." She looked at two and cast her eyes to the ground in shame.

She looked up at Desmond, "You and Masamba should be able to blend into the town very well, Australia may be a member of the Khannate lands, but it was not always so. Many Australian's returned to the motherland at the start of the war and support the Empire. I am going to go help some local with little problems that my father, or atleast his name might be able to help with."

Masamba looked at the group and then at Sarah, "I think I am going to go around and check out what I can about the occupation here. See what exactly we are up against here."

Sarah looked at Reggie and Suzuki, "You two are free to use the grounds, all the servants are trustworthy. You can read in the library, or go for a swim. Whatever you want to do, this house is very luxorious," she blushed in her vainity.

(Basicly you pick what desmond does tomorrow)  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:55 am
Desmond watched every word Sarah spoke as it left her mouth. He listened intently but as she went on he found it hard to listen. With each smile she formed he found himself more and more distracted. He could use to that smile. As if day dreaming, he shook awake as soon as he herd the words Australia. A disgusted grimace crossed his face when Sarah mentioned Australian's returning to the motherland. Those were the people he was really hoping to kill. He felt the anger of vengeance rising in his blood and breathed it all back. There was an awkward silence following Sarah’s question while he fought back all things he wanted to say about Australia. Then he let the question distract him, what did he want to do? He had not thought about what he wanted to do the slightest bit. The word want was the last thing that crossed his mind while at work. He struggled with the thought and finally answered with. “If I can be any help Sarah I would like to see what you up to tomorrow.”

“Psh read. A swim sounds nice but I think I am going to look for a gym. I need to blow some steam!” Reggie did some flexing like it was some show and then turned to face the rest of the place he was stuck in. From the window it looked like he had a large space to play in. He was probably going to be bored out of his mind. Suzuki laughed him off.

"I think some tea sounds lovely Sarah. So Sarah, tell me, how is it the daughter of a military leader in the Empire didn't get completely brain washed. It sounds like with your intentions you would actually be in favor for what the Empire is doing here?" Desmond and Reggie face palmed together.

"Before you answer that do you have any beer? I'm going to have to listen to Suzuki run her mouth all night." Reggie protested the conversation.

"Excuse me. You know if you would just listen, you could learn a thing or two about the current world issues at hand. Your tough guy disguise will only get you so far."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 pm
Sarah saw lights flash in the driveway outside by the main entrance. Sarah shot up and bite her lip, "Well daddy's home so I should probably go greet him. You will find everything you need here. It is well stocked for when father has company. I will meet you by the front gate tomorrow Desmond." She with a feint smile Her features where sharp, but beautiful. Her skin was somehow only slightly tan from being out in the hot African sun. Her long curly golden locks bounced as she turned around and left the guest house. Desmond found himself staring as she left while Reggie and Suzuki bickered. The next arrived....  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:46 am
The four slept the best since they took the beach. Morning came faster than they wanted but today was going to be a relaxing day; they hoped. Desmond was up and in his gear first. He waited aimlessly around for Sarah. He wanted to make a good impression so he was on edge. He even practiced greeting her a few times to himself using the reflection of a window.

Masamba was up next and ready to scout out the area. He had a minimum amount of gear, only what was necessary to get around and document the area. Desmond wished him luck as he passed by.

Suzuki did not have a care in the world. She slept in, dragged herself to some food like a sloth, and ended up in the library for some reading. She struggled to find anything interesting that she could also read.

Reggie however was up soon after Masamba but he woke up far before anyone else. He was waiting for all the guys to leave the room before he would get his day started. His eyes were blood shot and skin gone pale. The man was feeling terrible and he knew exactly why. In the back of his mind he could continuously hear Natalie’s voice calling help. He was so outside himself that he stumbled through the back house and accidently broke a lamp. He cursed to himself. This could not go on much longer. He needed a fix!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:37 am
As Desmond waited by the front gate he heard a sharp whistle behind him. Turning around he saw Sarah walking towards him. She was wearing a khaki button up and tan shorts with her hair pulled back into a pony tail. "Good mourning Desmond. How are you today? I trust the guest house was too all of your liking?" She said softly as she passed him heading for the gate. "I heard that the shop keeper on main street was having some difficulties with the soldiers the other day so I was gonna head over there to see what was going on, if you wanted to come," She said with a smile.

Masamba headed out shortly before Desmond went to wait by the front gate. He walked around the town aimlessly, secretly noting all the soldiers, what they were armed with, where they had checkpoints, where they hung out etc. As an occupation force Masamba could tell they were fresher troops. Some of them were no more than boys with only the whisks of fuzz on their chins. These were not the elite stormtroopers that Empire deployed on the front, but reserves and fresh recruits straight from Europe. Most had probably never even fired their gun in anger yet.

Despite the rawness of their troops Masamba saw a lot of equipment throughout the town. Trucks, motorocycles, tanks, machine gun nests all the heavy equipment they could need. Without much strategic value the town was probably used more as a stopping point for the army as they moved throughout Africa to rest and resupply, this would mean a lot of hardware for the occupiers to use, but also lots of things Masamba wouldn't mind....liberating. Most of the troops stuck around the main street and surrounding alleys. Only the occasional patrols walked the streets of the side streets, other than that just the occasional off duty soldier coming from a shady house, probably brothels, or in a bar. The town was too big for Masamba to get a good gauge of the strength of the Empire here, but they were never far from sight so Masamba was going to guess that their were a couple hundred soldiers atleast, more probably int he surrounding area.

(Don't have anything for the other two yet.)  

Dugan195
Crew

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 am
Desmond dressed to blend in. He had on a green polo with jeans and boots. His brown curls hug directionless all over his head. Hopefully he would look like every other non-native African in the city, which at this point was a good number of people. When he saw Sarah he smiled with a wave and approached her. He was so excited to get involved with her and the town.

“It’s a date.” Desmond said coolly and with a laugh. “I’ll see what I can do to contribute.”  
Dark Hand role playing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff