Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:06 am
Well here in Alice springs we have the tourist destinations.

Then we have the Local secerets.

You gotta know locals to be able to find them

Nice little Havens, devoide of the Polution of Civilisation.... *sighs some and considers going out of town tommorow*

Yeap..  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:18 am
JewelsSparkle
Rye/Rosebud (they're kinda... attached.... they're like suburbs but they say they're towns), Batemans Bay etc are pretty cool.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. xp  

WellzY
Crew

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:08 pm
WellzY
JewelsSparkle
Rye/Rosebud (they're kinda... attached.... they're like suburbs but they say they're towns), Batemans Bay etc are pretty cool.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. xp

What? Rye/Rosebud have/has the most gorgeous beach I've ever seen in my life!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:34 pm
JewelsSparkle
WellzY
JewelsSparkle

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. xp

Have you ever left Melbourne? gonk

They are soooooo grose, seriously. If you wanna see good beaches in Victoria, you go along the Surfers Coast, to places like Bells Beach at Torque, Lawn, and etc.  

WellzY
Crew

Wendy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:39 pm
WellzY
JewelsSparkle
WellzY
JewelsSparkle

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. xp

They are soooooo grose, seriously. If you wanna see good beaches in Victoria, you go along the Surfers Coast, to places like Bells Beach at Torque, Lawn, and etc.

There's a great beach in Sydney- Chinaman's Bay, it's so cool! there are hermit crabs running around EVERYWHERE and you can pick'em up and --> continues rant 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:06 pm
WellzY

Oooh yeah, if you're in Victoria you should definatley go down there! (I believe you mean Torquay?)
But yeah, the surf coast in Vic is fantastic, although it can get a bit cold, even in summer. But yeah, fantastic beaches and beautiful forests and the waterfalls near Lorne. All the towns are nice and have good shops for buying crap, like cheap jewellery and stuff.

But if you go to Anglesea, don't go to the main surfing beach! There is a way nicer one about 10km down the road. It's in a nice sheltered beach so it's nice and calm and shallow, plus there's not seaweed everywhere.  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:15 pm
EmWah
WellzY

Oooh yeah, if you're in Victoria you should definatley go down there! (I believe you mean Torquay?)
But yeah, the surf coast in Vic is fantastic, although it can get a bit cold, even in summer. But yeah, fantastic beaches and beautiful forests and the waterfalls near Lorne. All the towns are nice and have good shops for buying crap, like cheap jewellery and stuff.

But if you go to Anglesea, don't go to the main surfing beach! There is a way nicer one about 10km down the road. It's in a nice sheltered beach so it's nice and calm and shallow, plus there's not seaweed everywhere.

Yeah that's what I meant. Stupid English spelling rules. I don't know about other languages, but when Germany adopts a foreing word, or fruendwort, they don't keep the original spelling, they change it to suit german grammar rules. WHY CAN'T WE DO THAT!

Ahem.

Yes, the waterfalls are gorgeous too, as well as the Ottway Ranges that surround them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:48 pm
WellzY
JewelsSparkle
WellzY
JewelsSparkle

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. xp

rofl rofl rofl I've only lived in Melbourne since July-ish! Also, Bateman's Bay is in NSW...

My family used to take us to random little coastal towns every year when I was younger & I still say Rye/Rosebud has the prettiest beach I've ever seen... just gorgeous clear water as far as the eye can see.

JewelsSparkle

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:09 pm
I'm asking this question before I forget, then I'll go back and read all the responses from the last question.

What exactly is 'The Wet'? Is that your autumn? I imagine it's the time of year when you experience the most rainfall, but what season would it be in North American terms?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:17 am
Oh, aaaah, that's a North Australian term. Far North Austrian anyway. In the tropics, there's basically only the wet season, and the dry season, and little to nothing in between.  

WellzY
Crew

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:52 am
BeMuled MissBeth
I'm asking this question before I forget, then I'll go back and read all the responses from the last question.

What exactly is 'The Wet'? Is that your autumn? I imagine it's the time of year when you experience the most rainfall, but what season would it be in North American terms?
Wet season only happens in the north and it is beautiful. All you see is a lot of water but the country comes to life. heart Dry season is where you get all your work done on properties. 3nodding As for the other question, just go into a local pub. I'm sure if you ask nice enough and maybe shout a round the locals will point you in the direction of a place worth looking at. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:18 am
BeMuled MissBeth

Well in North America we usually dont call it the wet, its usually just Spring**when all the flowers bloom and it starts to get warm** **fall=Autum leaves fall** Summer** um hot lol very pretty!** Winter** best of all, when the snow falls**

It ususally rains most in spring though smile  

FuzzylilPenguin

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:21 am
FuzzylilPenguin
BeMuled MissBeth

Well in North America we usually dont call it the wet, its usually just Spring**when all the flowers bloom and it starts to get warm** **fall=Autum leaves fall** Summer** um hot lol very pretty!** Winter** best of all, when the snow falls**

It ususally rains most in spring though smile

Id love to know more about your culture as well, I might be going/coming to australia for 3 months next school year and do an exchange student program thing razz  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:25 am
The time differance is way different where you guys live isnt it! I forgot your like 13 a head or behind dont rember lol its 11:21am here..  

FuzzylilPenguin

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:27 am
Well,
If anyof you have any questions for me fell free to send me a PM

: North America =USA... anyway so send me a pm Ill be back in a few..
as my friend says Toodles smile I like it!  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff