Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:49 am
Sephiroth was indeed tired and somewhat worn out as they approached Freyr's cabin. Once inside shook his head at the chimera's request, "Am I supposed to be one of the troublesome ones, then? If they try to punish us like this." he replied simply, leaving it obvious that he though Freyr more than a little too weird and laid back. Stretching a few sore, stiffening muscles, he noticed with some disdain that his hair had gotten stiff as well from his own sweat. Deciding to ask something that was on his mind, he turned to Freyr, "What use is fencing in battle? You can't expect your enemy to follow set rules and forms, especially if it's not human."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:03 pm
Freyr tried and failed to smother a snort of laughter, and though he quickly shoved his fist into his mouth his shoulders convulsed as he turned quickly away from Sephiroth. It was several moments before he could speak again, and when he glanced back at the youth a broad smirk was still twitching across his face. "Punish us?..." He snorted again, "I'm... really sorry... ah... that you feel that way..." He managed to mutter between chuckles, tears were forming in the corners of eyes as he attempted to control his mirth, finally he gave up and threw back his head to laugh loudly, After which he stepped into his small 'paddock' and curled his legs under him, still chuckling to himself. "Goodnight Seph... I'll see you again in the morning..." He grinned broadly as he watched the boy for a moment. "When you finally figure out why I'm teaching you fencing... then we'll go back to kendo... Okay?" Freyr snickered as he curled into his bed, muttering under his breath. "Punishment.... heh heh... "  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:57 am
Sephiroth gave Freyr a cold stare, none of the chimera's mirth reflecting on his own face. He did not come here to have people laugh at him, much less treat him as a little kid. He may have been only sixteen, but he was sure that if he were to face against some of the other SOLDIERs, he wouldn't have much trouble. Yes, he viewed this as a punishment. In fact, maybe his being put into SOLDIER wasn't the best. He would much rather prefer to train and learn alone, being loathe to admit that he could use some outside influence. He gave a stiff sigh, and went over to the cot, settling himself in a position such that it wouldn't make him too incredibly stiff and sore the next day. He gave no more words, not feeling like saying 'good night' or anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:25 am
Freyr didn't seem to mind Sephiroth's silence, and seemed to fall asleep very quickly after chuckling to himself a little. The youth, despite his soreness would find sleep quickly himself. The day had been long, and Freyr had not gone easy on him. it seemed no time at all before a peircing trumpet interupted their sleep. To Sephiroth, it didn't seem like enough sleep at all. But Freyr stood and stretched cheerfully, bounding over to the youth's cot to greet him. "Morning Seph, how're you feeling? A bit sore?? Not used to using your muscles that way eh?" He grinned and trotted to the trunk marked with his name. From which he pulled a new jacket and shirt. then he skipped to the door and disapeared for a time while Sephiroth woke himself up. About the time the youth had finished preparing for the new day, Freyr strode back in. his hair was wet, as was a good portion of his fur, he'd apparently had a bath of sorts. He grinned at Sephiroth and made his way to his trunk once again, where he removed a small bag containing a variety of hard candies, the Chimera snatched a handful and deposited them in his jacket pocket before stashing the rest away. "Would you like one?" He held out his hand with a small red sugary treat in a metallic wrapper.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:33 pm
Sephiroth sighed as he awoke. Yes, he was sore, and yes, he wasn't used to such strain. Even though Freyr talked a lot, at least you didn't really have to answer his questions, as he so kindly did it for you. When he was almost done getting ready and stretching the kinks out of his recently motionless muscles, the chimera came in and saw it fit to offer him a treat. Looking disdainfully at it, he shook his head lightly, so as not to get a headache from the combination of tiredness and swinging his hair around too much. "I don't eat sweets. There is no point to them." He said. Well, truth be told he hadn't really had much sugary foods, and they seemed to affect him adversely because of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:24 pm
Freyr stared and blinked at him for a few moments as though shocked, then he shook his head and smiled, "Well perhaps I'll teach you something else as well," Without waiting for a response he grabbed Sephiroth's hand and placed the candy in it. "As your superior officer I order you to eat that." Then he winked, "They aren't so bad really..." The Chimera turned and popping a candy into his own mouth trotted out the door to answer the call of the trumpets. The entire regiment set themselves up in orderly lines. Freyr for once actually stood facing the correct direction, so that when the Captain glared his way he couldn't actually fault him for his pose. The morning excersizes and stretches went ruitinely. And afterwards Freyr set up to teaching Sephiroth even more Fencing. From the look of things Freyr would be Sephiroth's one on one instructor for some time to come.

((On a note: Freyr's candies aren't the ussual sort, they tend to be tastier than regular sweets and they also have a higher sugar content.))  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:11 am
Sephiroth looked distrustfully and distastefully at the candy in his hand. What kind of superior would order him to eat sweets? With his luck it was probably horrid and laced with some sort of drug. But, knowing that he was probably being watched somehow, he had to obey, and unwrapped the candy, grimaced at it, and stuck it in his mouth, hoping that maybe he could just swallow it or something. He was surprised, however, by the odd taste that flooded his mouth. It may have been somewhat flavorful, but to Sephiroth, who almost never had anything sugary, it was almost painfully sweet. Finding it hard to swallow it at such a large size, he decided to suck on it for a while. Not that he was doing it because he liked it or anything, or at least, that's what he kept telling himself. Finally he was able to swallow the flavored piece of sugar, and followed Freyr wherever he lead. After all, he had no choice. He rarely had any choices.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:54 pm
Freyr was very pleased with himself, as they walked into the quad, Things would be very interesting, he decided. And his guess was not off the mark, as the weeks progressed and passed into months the two fell into a ruitine. Freyr and Sephiroth were never apart, though not necisarily of the youth's inclination. They did their drills side-by-side, they ate together and then spent long hours training in the precise art of Fencing. Freyr himself drilled the boy on technique and movement and would snag another SOLDIER to hold 'Matches' and sometimes even tournaments. The boy found himself hard-pressed at first but quickly improved until he began to win more frequently than not. Freyr was always cheerful, and somehow found time to construct bizzare practical jokes. It was a little over three months after Sephiroth had first arrived when Freyr was called away during one of their fencing sessions. This was not in particular unusual, it happened whenever one of his pranks had been discovered. Freyr assigned another recruit to spar with the youth for a while, and walked away. But time passed, and evening came, and Freyr did not show up for dinner. Another SOLDIER took Freyr's previously claimed spot at Sephiroth's side, this young man smiled hesitantly but did not offer conversation. That night Freyr did not return to sleep in his bunk... Nor did he show up for excersizes in the morning. In fact several days passed and Sephiroth had seen no sign of his unique mentor. He was placed in the ussual ranks of the SOLDIER's given the same drills and weapons practice, and for the first time allowed to pick his own weapons. As he had suspected most of the other recruits were no match for him. It suddenly became monotonous, and other than the occasional inquiry as to Freyr's where abouts the other SOLDIER's did not bother him when he showed he had no desire for company.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:07 pm
Sephiroth had become worried about the whereabouts of Freyr. He actually found it difficult to adjust to a different day to day lifestyle. There was no being forced to swallow candy in the morning, no more helpful suggestions, and most of all, no more joking and just general perkiness. Sephiroth began to wonder when the last time had been that he had talked, maybe had a small conversation, even. It made his day seem dull and a drag, and dare he admit it, he rather missed the odd chimera. He almost wanted to lower his own skill, so that maybe he would have somewhat of a challenge again. Perhaps they had sent Freyr on a mission? After all, there was bound to be something in the world more pressing than training a promising silver-haired teen.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:29 pm
Time continued to pass, days turning into weeks, and things seemed to fall into a new ruitine, even as Sephiroth seemed to fade into the general masses of SOLDIER. People commented on Freyr's absence less and less, and the entirity of the camp seemed a little duller, with less laughter and comments, and certainly the moral seemed to drop noticably. Then one night while Sephiroth slept the door to what was once his and Freyr's cabin was thrust open. A tall form silouetted the doorway, the gentle plips of water dripping from his form seemed to echo in the darkness. And Sephiroth could hear the heavy breathing. The figure took a few stumbling steps forward and swayed as if drunk. The clack of hooves on floorboard were the first indication of who the form was as he lumbered sluggishly into the room. a light was turned on and then hastily dimmed as Freyr winced in the light, his eyes were glazed and unfocused, and he glanced at Sephiroth without recognition. One of his hands stretched out impulsively to pat the youth on the head. "You're a nicce youn lady... w...what are you... doing in my house??" his voice was slightly slurred as he spoke, "Those butter bugs are pretty.... are they yours?" Freyr was spattered in mud and his clothing soaked and well worn. Even tattered and fraying on the sleeves as if he hadn't changed clothing since last Sephiroth had seen him. "Your twin just left... is that okay?" He asked in perplexity, and before Sephiroth could respond Freyr's legs suddenly buckled beneath him and he crashed heavily to the floor, breathing heavily and unevenly. OUtside there were shouts of alarm, with one of the gaurds claiming to have seen Freyr, and the Captain shouting furiously for a search to be sent out to locate the chimera.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:18 am
Sephiroth was surprised to be awoken so rudely in the middle of the night, but even moreso by who had done the wakening. What was the odd chimera doing back here so randomly and in such an awful state? "What...?" He asked, extemely confused as Freyr toppled to the floor. Without checking to see if he was breathing, as it was obvious by the great sound me made, he stepped past the chimera and called out into the night, "Freyr's in here, Captain!" Having done that, he went back to his fallen former instructor and knelt down cautiously. It had been forever since he'd seen the old fool, and seeing him like this...it was almost unrecognizable.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:20 am
Freyr's breathing was hoarse, and he burned with fever. The muddy coating that masked his form slightly had hidden the long thin metal needles that protruded from his equine flanks. There were several other wounds and marks, all coated in mud and dried blood. "The ceiling is very pretty... tell it to go away..." He muttered as his eyes opened breifly,

Just then the Captain burst in, muttering some explative as he noted Freyr's state, turning he shouted to the men behind him. "Find me a poison kit!! NOW!!" He roared, and moved quickly to Freyr's side, yanking the needles from his hide. and gazing at them with a deep sense of worry. "Sephiroth... No matter what, I want you to stay with him! Listen to whatever he says no matter how strange it might be, I will want you to report on it later... it could be very important." Freyr shivered, and turned his head to look at both of them. "Are you a cat?" The Captain blinked twice before shaking his head... "At least he's not dead..."  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:59 pm
Sephiroth listened attentively to the Captain's instructions and then nodded. "Yes, sir." Though WHY pretty ceilings and cats could be important, he had no idea. Not trusting himself to remember exact gibberish, he found a paper and something to write with. Since he didn't know how long he would have to stay with Freyr, he pulled his cot closer to the chimera and sat on it. He shook his head disapointedly and asked the delusional Freyr, "What did you go and get yourself into? Vanishing without a word? I had almost forgotten you." he reprimanded.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:18 pm
"You're a very nice fubble." Freyr told Sephiroth encouragingly, "The weeds left his coat... over there..." He gestured vaughly in the direction of the sky. For a moment his eyes closed and he simply breathed, then his eyes flickered open again, and for a moment there was recognition in them. "S... Seph? nn.... d'you... like Pickles?" He chuckled weakly, "I knew a pickle once... ... .. oh wait... that was you." He shook his head, and then seemed to regret it. "Tell them to stop.... spinning th'ride." he whimpered, "I want off now..." Then his eyes closed again and he lapsed into unconciousness. The Captain came back in a moment later with a box bearing a green circle on one side. he opened this and pulled out a small metal device into which he placed on of the needles he had found in Freyr's flank. Grunting something to himself as the device blipped at him he pulled a small vial from the same kit. "Thank the Planet it's not an obscure one..." He muttered as he pulled a syringe full of the liquid. "As you may have guessed, Freyr has been poisoned." The captain muttered to Sephiroth. "He was sent on a special mission to obtain information... Why he isn't dead right now I don't know, this poison should have been lethal... thank the planet he's not normal." Then he injected the blueish chemical into Freyr's side, and quietly packed up the kit. "It's not a full dose of the antidote... if the poison doesn't work right only the Ancients know what the cure might do. Keep an eye on him Sephiroth. And please continue to keep a log of whatever he says. I won't be expecting you at morning warm ups. And I'll send someone by with food." Then he left. With Freyr sleeping fitfully at the youth's feet.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:35 pm
Sephiroth wrote down the stuff about fubbles and weeds, but looked up as he heard the familiar nickname. He sighed, however as it was once again random nonsense about him being pickles. Moving father away on his cot so that the Captain had more room, he continued to write down the random words. "Yes, sir." Sephiroth affirmed as he was given additional instruction. When the Captain left, the silver-haired teen slumped slightly with a sigh. "We're both odd ones." he muttered to Freyr, knowing that he wouldn't be heard. "Do you know your parents? I don't know mine. I don't know anything...." He trailed off, his green eyes not focusing on anything in that Planet.  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff