Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] The ice is getting thinner (Bastion/Yuzhi) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:41 am
"Excellent!" He cried out, immediately walking over to where his shrub lay. It didn't make much sense, at first. He was simply walking over to an obnoxiously overgrown shrub, covered in high stem purple plants that jutted out at odd angles. But he disappeared behind it, quite suddenly out of sight. A few seconds later, his head popped back up behind the shrub, and he stared in confusion at Yuzhi.

"Are you coming?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:12 am
Yuzhi was a little amused but also mystified that Bastion seemed so pleased by these turn of events. The smaller horsewoman followed after Bastion with more than a little curiosity welling within her.

"On my way," she announced to him as if he needed to ask. Yuzhi wanted to see what would happen next.

"..You live in shrubery?"

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:18 am
"Of course." He replied, as though it was the most normal thing in the world to live in a giant shrub. "I've been staying with my cousin lately, but this is where I have lived for the majority of my time since our world was - well, since the incident."

Best to leave that topic of conversation far, far away.

He held out the long carpet that covered the entrance, so that she could enter. But inside was a startlingly adequate little abode, complete with a bedroll, a small space to hold essentials, and a smelting set up for his work. More importantly, all along the walls that were still made of dense shrubbery hung dozens of exotic pieces of glittering jewelry. They hung off of the branches that stuck out, twisting and turning at odd angles.

He lit a small gas lamp, and the world within lit up with blinking jewelry.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:25 am
The Scholar gave a small nod in regards to the mention of the islands. It was horrible event and the less she had to think about it the better. She let out a small delighted sound at the sight of all the jewelry as it came to sight.

"Ohhh, these are so lovely," she started looking over the ones that hung at her eye level but she didn't reach and touch anything. Her hands were tucked neatly behind her back, "These are lovely."

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:29 am
Bastion chuckled at just how lovely his creations were to her; apparently twice as lovely as they were to others, if her repetitiveness had any say in the matter. He let her look around, moving to sit on his bedroll as she inspected his work. "Thank you. I've spent a long time working on these. They're not my best work, though. My best work has already been given away. These.. I suppose I'll sell all these, one day. If anyone ever wanted them."

He picked out a giant obsidian jewel, hanging off of a gold chain, and touched the facets on its surface. "You can touch them, if you want. They're not as fragile as wood."

He took her knotwork out, and plucked the golden chain open. Nimble fingers began twirling the chain itself around the rope, all the way around it, until there was but a small bit left at the middle. This, he tied behind the obsidian jewel, so it hung in the middle of the knot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:11 am
She didn't catch on that she had repeated herself and even then? She was distracted. Yuzhi was looking at something that Bastion had made and she wasn't aware that he was capable of such a thing.

Not that she thought lowly of him but at first glimpse she would never guessed he would be able to do this. It was one of those moments where she learned there was more to the person she was talking to if she gave them a chance. When he gave her permission to touch she reached out and poked at one of the lowest dangling gems and watched it twirl and sway haphazardly.

A small delighted giggle exited her lips.

As soon as she heard Bastion making sounds she turned to watch what he was doing with interest, her feet brought her closer so she could see better, "That does look nice. I do not usually have access to gems on my own."

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:45 pm
"Not many people do." He admitted, trying to remain humble. "I started with a handful of my jewelry, in this place. I barter my jewelry for uncut gems and unworked metal, and I start the process all over again. The jewelry always sells for more than the raw material. I've amassed quite a bit that way. Whenever I run low, I simply take some of my work to trade."

He picked out a small beaded necklace, and dropped it like a crown on her head.

"Tell no one of this place, please? If anyone knew a simple shrub in the woods had this much treasure within.. I would lose everything."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:35 pm
Yuzhi listened intently and nodded a little. That made sense. Take raw materials, make them into something desirable, and then sell it for a higher price. That is how it often worked. She barely registered movement from him until she eventually had a 'crown' of beads on her head. Yuzhi quietly took it off and looked it over.

There was a naive part of her that almost asked why until he went on to explain why she shouldn't tell anyone. Thus she only nodded, "I hadn't planned on it, really."

"Not even my brother, as much as it hurts him for me to keep secrets," she observed softly.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:36 pm
"I appreciate that." Bastion murmured softly. "You can keep that, if you like. It's just a little thing. Pearls aren't really my style, but ah, there was a mare so sweet, and it was all she had to offer for the ring she wanted to give to her betrothed." His eyes took on a soft, far away look. "I could not say no." He chuckled, and looked her way. "I have trouble saying no to a pretty face. Don't you dare ask me for anything, now that you know this. I will never forgive you for taking advantage."

He slowly blew the light out, and held out his hand to her as he pushed open the curtain to leave again. "Careful now, the ground is uneven."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:45 pm
Yuzhi listened to him as he reminisced a little and then flushed a nice shade of red as she then decided that wall over there was very interesting, "I'm not pretty so don't worry about it. I am certain you can resist me well enough, Bastion."

She waited for several seconds to make sure the blush died down before she moved forward once more.

Carefully she moved forward and past Bastion managing to get back out without much of a scratch though she did stumble a bit. Likely because her brain suddenly became highly distracted at being referred to as pretty.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:53 pm
As he watched her exit the shrub, his careful smile fell into something far more unhappy.

He dropped his hand, and the curtain fell, hiding his home in perfect disguise once more. "Why would you say such a thing about yourself?" He murmured quietly. "And why is it that I have heard such lies from the mouths of pretty women far too often, these past few days?" It disturbed him to think that there were so many lovely creatures who thought so little of themselves.

"Has anyone specifically said to you, aye, Yuzhi, you are not the milk and honey dove that the mirror beckons you to recognize? Or is it simply your own eyes that deny the truth?"

He walked back over to his tree, and sat down on it, picking at the piece of wood he'd been working at lightly. He truly looked disturbed. "I feel as though my words mean nothing, nowadays."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:00 am
Yuzhi turned to face Bastion as she shrugged her shoulders, her eyes refusing to meet his for various reasons. "I just realize that some do not notice me, I sit quietly to the side and every now and again I demand stories."

Pretty mares get noticed. She on the other hand?

"No one... said anything to me. My brother thinks I'm pretty but..That is what brothers do," she gave a small chuckle as she turned the necklace about in her hands. "I just ...I know my place in life, Bastion."

Nio Love
Sorry forgot to do thisssss. TOT

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:26 am
It was hard to argue with that. He knew his place, too. He just wished there were no places, at all.

"Know your place all you want, Yuzhi." He muttered out under his breath. "But know that has no bearing on your beauty. Both inside, and out. It simply defines what people see, not what is there."

He really couldn't stand to argue about it, he realized. So instead, he carved into his wood - and broke a leg off.

"Ah." He huffed. "I have lost my patience."

Pales

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:37 am
She felt her face become hot again as she just stared at the ground. It wasn't fair almost. It simply wasn't fair. He said things that were kind after being so mean earlier. Yuzhi wanted to stamp her feet and have a tantrum and...

Yuzhi took in a deep breath and then flinched when the leg broke. She hadn't been expecting that sound nor his voice to come in and all at once she deflated, "F..Fine. I'm pretty."

Quietly she tucked the necklace into one of her sleeves. "I...I should maybe go before I make you more impatient."

Nio Love

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:49 am
Bastion looked up from the ruined wood and blinked. He didn't expect her to give in, but it was nice to know she wasn't too stubborn to admit the truth. So he offered her a small smile, and turned back down to carve out another piece of wood. It was only when his knife sunk into the tree, that he realized why she'd given in. She thought he'd meant impatient with her. He turned, and his mouth even opened to correct her, but no sound came out.

Why ruin a good thing? At least she'd admitted it.

"Ah.. well. If you must. But you don't really make me impatient, Yuzhi. Just frustrated that you don't believe me when I tell you things. Perhaps one day, you will. But for now.." He threw the tiny wooden leg at her, a smirk playing on his lips. "You're always welcome to come and visit me, when I'm here. As long as you're alone.. no one else may know of this place. You promised."

Pales

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces