Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[ META ] The harbringers | Open to Kizi Members! | Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.As Hana stood up and nodded her head oh-so-politely at her, Muhali smiled, and offered the child a small nod of her own back, obviously letting her know that it was perfectly alright. The way both Asker and his sister spoke up was cause for a small, lighthearted chuckle from the goddess, whom couldn't even begin to believe just how worried she'd been for her pride upon waking up from her own insanity 'curse' and how unfounded her worries had been. It was more than obvious that her pride had been perfectly capable of bringing itself together and was an impressive force against threat.

Even the young ones seemed to know what was really important, "Well then," she stood up again, allowed the upper part of her body to lower to the ground in an impressive stretch and then turned away from the crowd, looking in the general direction of the ocean, "Given that this party's officially over..." she turned to give both the strangers and Shandor one last look, "I think there's a lovely branch by the sea side with my name on it. Bet you can see the jellies from there and all," that said, she turned around and began padding away.

Strangely enough, however, as soon as she got to a nearby tree, she performed a rather spectacular jump into the high up branches; one that looked almost as if... too difficult for a mortal to perform, and then, Mali simply seemed to vanish.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Chi's gaze went from the vanishing blue lioness to the children, and then back to where the blue lioness once stood before gaping openly, taking a small step back so that her side bumped into Myuto's, seeking comfort in the touch of the large male. She had no idea what sort of pride this was, but she was quite sure she wanted absolutely nothing to do with them. They were strange; even the children were strange and she-

It was right about then that Shandor picked the moment to run his finger down the side of her face, and the lioness froze. A strange look came upon her features briefly; surprise, confusion... they warred openly upon her features until Myuto stepped up and planted himself in between them, "I-I..." she took a moment to shake her head, composing herself unsure if she should have been flattered, nervous, outraged, or all three; it was clear from that small display that despite her words, she was a lithe thing, and didn't actually seem to have a mean, or actually violent bone within her, "Thank you?" she said with a small amount of hesitation, "Can we... you know, leave now? I'd like to take a look at his wound and actually get some shut eye before night falls so we can hunt some food for ourselves; we'd hate to impose."

Also, she very much just wanted out of here; stress was really starting to get to her, and for all that the pride thought they were a danger, Chicanery was far more convinced that they were the real danger. The Gods only knew why Myuto had chosen to warn them; if they treated everyone like they'd treated them, Chi was sure they deserved whatever it was coming for them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:59 am
Kali aka Swiftkill
Zuria aka Wintersong

“What is going on here…?” Kali asked to no one in particular as she made her way to the center of the small crowd. So many had gathered to greet the two outsiders. Even the King and Queen were there.

As someone whispered a quick summary of the events in her ear, she frowned as her expression turned into an odd mix of uncertainty and annoyance. Kali couldn’t deny feeling an inexplicable unease as of late and while she liked to think of herself as more rational than superstitious, the purple lioness would rather not see another pride fall. Even after so long had passed and even after raising a litter in this beach pride, sometimes she still missed the deep forest of the Kunanda lands where she’d been born.

So the strangers were staying. Frankly, Kali couldn’t care less. Their warning worried her but at least now they might prepare for what was to come.

--------------------------

Zuria arrived late to the party and remained quiet in the back of the large group, trying to look as inconspicuous as a large snow white lion could. It wasn’t exactly easy. His mother was a large lioness and his father was a God – or so his mother had told him, Zuria had never actually met him – and as if his size wasn’t enough of a distraction, every time the sun beamed down on the young lion, his coat proudly screamed a healthy glow. It was a good thing he lived in a pride because it was pretty obvious that Zuri wouldn’t fare too well alone, hunting his own meals in the rogue lands.

The white lion remained perfectly still as he admired the interesting trinkets of the outsiders and carefully deconstructed them in his mind. He didn’t have all the materials create similar adornments but they gave him plenty of ideas on new things he could try.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:39 am
User Image

Goofy nodded in agreement with Aurora, "Its only a charm Im afraid Miakis." There was a tender smile on his maw. Until the fact that the two strangers them selves could be jelly fish was brought up. The massive lions maw unlatched a bit.

"I'm not sure .. if thats possible. " He lowered his head. What if they really were jelly fish? No wait that was stupid. He shook his head. To be fair this was at one point the same lion who had been convinced by Miakis that he was indeed a jelly fish.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:31 pm
Fireheart was glad a decision had been reached. These tense meetings never had been her thing. She was one who felt more comfortable using claws over words, but she knew she had to reign that in as it wasn't an acceptable way to deal with politics. She nodded her head, more than happy to treat the newcomers as princes. She would be keeping a very close eye on them even if it didn't appear so.

She snorted in mild disgust as Riddle Mouth moved over to the two and started his normal flirtatious routine with Chi, her mouth pulled back into a sneer. "Leave her alone," she said, swatting at the king's tail. "She doesn't need your grubby paws on her face." The poor girl looked completely flustered and, despite her misgivings towards the pair, no one deserved to be at the end of Riddle Mouth's horrible flirting.

She turned to face her mate, still letting him lean on her. "All right, then," she said quietly, flicking her gaze down to Hana who was at her father's feet. "Shall we head home? I feel like these two won't cause any problems today at any rate." There were others she could trust to show them through the jungle to the dens or the sea as they so wished. She could make a formal meeting with them later.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:43 pm
Dhoru snorted as Fireheart admonished Shandor publicly. His niece had always been a bit feisty, to say the least, although she did have a point - Shandor was a shameless flirt. To be honest, he found it quite amusing, despite thinking that the lionesses probably didn't agree.

"I doubt you'd find it so funny if Nema were his target." Hasi taunted, effectively cutting short the orange lion's mirth.

Dhoru faced Nema, pelt prickling with protective energy at just the thought of another male making passes at her. Rising to his paws, he gently butted her cheek and turned away from the group.
"This seems to be drawing to a close. Care to join me for a stroll?" Glancing down at Vanellope, he smiled. "You're welcome to tag along, Sweetness."

-------

With the danger past, Hana allowed her gaze to roam, pale turquoise eyes finally coming to a rest on Muhali. She watched as the lioness leapt into a tree - a leap which led Hana to believe that perhaps there was some leopard in Muhali's blood - and started to think of what she could say to the mummer to make up for brushing her off; however, all Hana did was blink and suddenly the blue, striped feline was gone.

Suspicious for a few moments, Hana passed the event off as simple timing and returned her attention to her mother as Fireheart spoke.
"Actually, I was just about to see if Asker wanted to train with me. I need to practice my battle crouch."
It wasn't a complete lie - Hana believed that there was always room for improvement. But her main reason for wanting to stay out with Asker wasn't training; she wanted to talk to her brother about these strangers, and their "prophecy". They needed to be monitored, and they were just the two to do it.

The Captain Britain
And there's the lead up to the Asker and Hana rp. ;P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Shandor nodded his approval to Flower Lord. While the male was larger, he had a more quiet disposition and he seemed to be hindered quite a bit by the wound in his leg. “Not too closely, Fire Lord. I hear you’re spoken for.” He smirked and gave the male a bump to the shoulder. It was all in good fun.

Looking back to Chicanery Shandor’s eyes narrowed as his maw widened in a fox’s grin. “Of course. Go find somewhere to rest both your pretty little paws and that nasty scratch your friend has there. We don’t want to seem inhospitable. Perish the thought- but… don’t try anything funny. Our sense of humor only goes so far.” he stepped aside and motioned for her to go on her way. No doubt he’d rattled her enough to take some of the fire off her tongue- at least for the moment.

Glancing back to Fireheart he offered her a wink. “Oh come now, can’t I be friendly?” It wasn’t the best of come-backs but it would do. His little stunt had tripped her up enough to keep her from mouthing off again- and the pride now felt rather sorry for her by the looks of things. It could only help.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Myuto didn‘t need another word of invitation to leave. Crowding closer to Chi, the lion limped through the crowd, his eyes forward and his head ducked to keep from meeting anyone else‘s gaze. They were an odd lot, these lions. One moment, they were spouting threats, the next they were making small talk and little personal jabs at one another. They didn‘t seem…malicious though. Perhaps they were just off in their own way. Regardless, he didn‘t regret coming to warn them.

..and he hoped he never would.

“Come on, I promised I would show you the big water.”

”They’re jellies?!” Miaki’s eyes went wide. By the gods, jellies! It must be true- they were…they were… were-jellies. Biting her lip, she looked over to Goofy and made a quiet whimpering sound. “Jellies on land… we should hide and run! Run… then hide.”

Without another moment wasted, she turned and took off running down the beach. It was very likely that after the first few strides she completely forgot why she was running but continued on anyway because…why not? It was fun. It had to be fun. Why else was she running?

”And that is why, my friends, we do not want the muses back here.” He commented as he watched the brown lioness take off down the beach.

“Alright. Let’s not drag this scene out. Eyes sharp, ears up, and carry on with our lives. Let’s not let a little storm suck out our spirits. We have a ball to prepare for.”

OOC
We can call it quits(ish) after this post! If you want to get more posts in, feel free everyone! I'll get to updating the ticket list soon. We're working on the next phase so keep sharp! :3

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 pm
Rennekae

Asker resisted raising an eyebrow. He thought this to be a rather odd time to train. After all, these strangers were going to be wandering around the pride, and surely there were preparations that needed to be seen to, for both the ball and as precautions against the seer's prophecy. Asker was willing to bet that the King and Queen would want to do their best in assuring that whatever dark clouds, if any, on their way would pass over the pride peacefully, and without much harm.
Then again, perhaps Hana had another reason to "train?" Perhaps she needed to talk to him about something? That awfully suspicious mummer she had been talking with? The blue striped lioness had simply vanished, and the young male just couldn't shake how strange she had made him feel, how anxious and uncomfortable. There was something off with her. Either way, fighting or talking, Asker was game.
A toothy grin broke out over his face. "Aw, sure thing, sis. It's been a while since I've had a punching bag so willing to get knocked around." Asker said with a teasing wink. He turned the grin on their parents. Surely they wanted a little bit of alone time anyways. Asker had a feeling they wouldn't get much quiet time in the coming weeks, what with the Ball so close. "We'll stop by and check in afterwards."

Rennekae
Peeeeerfect! if you could start, that'd be lovely. I'm gonna be gone pretty much all day tomorrow working a fundraiser.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:58 pm
User Image
Vodnitvar had long since zoned out of the female's harsh words. Especially when it seemed Riddle Mouth had it under control once again. He was now more concentrated on his children - the ones who this would likely effect the most. He wondered whether whatever 'storm' was coming, would effect his family in some unforeseen way. For now that was unknown, but one thing he did know, he would protect them to his own death.

As Fireheart turned, the male finally snapped back into the here and now. Looking around it seemed the crowd was dispersing. "Good riddance.' Voddy thought, as he watched Fireheart turn back to face him once again.

"That, sounds like an amazing idea." He groaned, trying to hide the grimace on his face. Today had not been a desirable day to make a trek across the pride. But he had done it anyway, and now he would pay the price.

"You did a good job today, i'm proud of you." He mumbled, smiling down at his mate.

User Image
Nema smiled happily as her fluffy mate finally came into focus through the crowd. She was so relieved, and as she could see from Vanellope's face, so was she. Smiling down at her niece she turned back to Dhoru happily.

"I-I was looking for you! I woke up and you were gone, and I knew you didn't have any plans today." Nema's smile slowly faded and she eyed Dhoru with a mocking glare.

"You aren't trying to get out of helping me with the mummers ball dances are you?"

Nema stopped for a moment allowing her loving jab to sink in. She knew Dhoru would never do something like that to her, despite how much or how little he enjoyed dancing.

It took only a moment for Nema's perky expression to return. "A stroll huh? I'd love to!"

User Image

All Vanellope wanted to do was curl up into a ball and disappear, but both were quite impossible with how tightly the female was grasping her by the tail. She knew her instincts were right! Papa was ALWAYS right, always trust your instincts, they are the one thing that will never fail you. She would always keep that close to her heart now.

Trembling with fear she turned to the female and shook her head, "I - I thought you were one of my Papa's friends." She lied, holding her head high and trying to look as convincing as possible. "But I can see now that you are neither male, nor him. I am sorry for bothering you." Vanellope tried to dip her head in apology to the female, but her trembling nearly caused her to trip over instead.

User Image

The lackluster expression on Hima's face was evidence enough that she wasn't buying a single word of this female's story. But she wasn't just going to let her go either. She could tell by her body language that she was a coward, she was afraid of Hima and would never tell a soul about this encounter for fear of Hima's reaction. Which meant Hima could have a little fun, and maybe get a bit of information out of her before things got too boring for her tastes.

"A male huh? Silly me, I thought males had big bushy manes! Unless ..." Hima gasped and rose her free paw to bat at her tiny tuft of hair. "You don't think my hair is that unruly do you?"

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:57 pm
OOC

Ticket List So Far:

OOC Wrote:
This event is open! Feel free to post your characters' reactions! We would like to see this event wrapped up within a week and a half, it's not a requirement, but we don't want this to drag on too long! Remember, the mummer's ball is coming up!

Participant (Ticket) List:
[ META RP 1 ]
1 ... SilverLutz
2 ... Andranis
3 ... Annchen
4 ... Rennekae
5 ... Andranis
6 ... Rennekae
7 ... Alpaca Chobi
8 ... SilverLutz
9 ... Alpaca Chobi
10 ... Rennekae
11 ... Depawsit
12 ... SilverLutz
13 ... Andranis
14 ... Alpaca Chobi
15 ... Depawsit
16 ... Rennekae
17 ... Andranis
18 ... Mogami
19 ... Alpaca Chobi
20 ... SilverLutz
21 ... Rennekae
22 ... Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:27 pm
Fireheart watched as the pride began to disperse, nodding just a bit to herself. The drama was over for the time being, thankfully. They'd have to keep on their toes to see if this seer would be correct in his prophecy, but for now there was not much more to do than wait.

She glanced at her mate with a small smirk as he commented about being proud of her. "Thank you. I feel like I'm getting the hang for this queen thing," she said in return before leaning against him to let him use her as a bit of a crutch to hobble home on.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:33 pm
User Image
Voddy nodded silently to Fireheart, before gratefully allowing her weight to support himself. It wasn't his most prideful moment to allow her to do it, but he also knew she was going to be the last lion to care about his injury. With her, he need not worry about weakness and pity. With her, it was simply love, unconditional love.

Heaving a sigh, he nuzzled his cheek against her's lovingly.

"I would be inclined to agree you know." Again he nodded at his own words, allowing his eyes to close lightly before he responded again.

"You have the air of a true ruler ... you know when to pick and choose your battles. You've come a looooong way from the young lioness I met on that beach. I just ... I just thought you needed to know that."

User Image

Vanellope's eyes grew large, and her cheeks began to burn red with embarrassment at the female's comment. She wasn't quite sure why she felt bad for offending the female, but somewhere deep down, she felt remorse.

"N-No ma'am, I didn't mean that ... y-you're colors are just very bright and his colors are very bright ... I don't see well from long distances ... I couldn't see your tuft at all! I promise!"

Vanellope was just digging herself a bigger hole and she hadn't a clue she was even doing it. The poor girl was in a venus fly trap, and she was the food.

Taking a deep breath she turned around again, and looked at the female. "If... If it helps at all your tuft is very pretty!"

User Image

Ugh!

This cub was about as unhelpful as they come wasn't she?! It was obvious she was lying, but the only way she was going to get the truth out of her was pain, and pain wasn't going to work this time. She was already on unsafe ground being a new recruit ... and with this being a royal .. she would likely be offed. She wasn't even touching that ground. She would find her sister another way.

Sighing heavily, she rolled her eyes at the female, "A likely story, I bet."

Nelly's next comment only sent the female over the edge and sent her into a growling rage. "It doesn't, believe me, it really doesn't."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:37 pm
Fireheart was glad her coat hid her blush. It wasn't often that she became flustered, but Vodnitvar was the one to get the job done should it need doing. Granted, if you asked her, it never needed doing, but it was nice from time to time to be reminded that, despite her position in the pride, someone held sway over her.

"Thank you, dear," she said softly, butting her head against his chin. "Now why don't you focus on walking so we can get home safe and sound, hm? Don't need you tripping over your own feet and hurting yourself."  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:48 pm
User Image
Nodding his head gently at her comments, he tried not to poke fun at her embarassment. She'd never been the one to take a compliment lightly, they always seemed to fluster her. Which while cute, was never something she enjoyed all that much. But secretly, he loved to see her flustered. It always reminded him of the goo goo eyes she'd given him the first day they met. The day she'd discovered his past, and the day he'd never forget.

"Yeah yeah ..." He grumbled through a hidden laugh. "Wouldn't want to cause another scene now would we?"

Winking over at his mate, he looked forward and concentrated once more on getting back home.

User Image

Vanellope was on the verge of tears as the female began to growl at her. "I never wanted trouble when I came over here! I was only looking for someone, I promise, please don't hurt me!" She was practically begging the female by now.

"I promise i'll never bother you again, just please let me go!"The words were low but held all the meaning they needed to get across, she just hoped the female would take her seriously.

User Image

The incessant whining was beginning to wear on Hima's nerves, her claws were beginning to unsheathe and the fur on her back was beginning to stand on end.

Her breaths were ragged and she was having to wince her eyes shut tight to prevent herself from losing control.

"FINE! YOU INCESSANT WASTE OF TIME! LEAVE! But if I ever catch you in my space again ... you will face the consequences of such a choice."

Releasing the female from her clutches she waved her paw in goodbye.

"OH but one last thing. Don't think for a second I believe your little story. I will find Nema one way or the other."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:52 pm
Ticket List
exclaim Ticket list updated to here!

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:10 am
Kali frowned as she heard the voices around her. The purple lioness had arrived to the pride shortly before the muses had gone silent and not once did she miss the strange phenomenon. She would never forget the terrifying whispers that would follow her every step and the lions that acted like maniacs and fools. No, Kali did not miss the muses and she hoped the pride would rise as one to make sure they never returned. She could see how some of the younger generation - her grown children included - might show some curiosity towards the pride's past but such ideas were nothing but romantic foolishness. Nothing good would come out of the muses's return.

When it seemed no new information was going to be shared at this point, the purple lioness turned to leave.

---------------------------

As one might expect, Kali's white son didn't share her negativity towards the muses. He wished he could've heard them at least once in his life even though his mother insisted that they did nothing but turn perfectly normal lions into fools. While Zuri usually took his mother's words very seriously, the strangers' warning didn't really worry him. Knowing the incoming threat didn't necessarily grant him any protection against the affects of of the muses but Zuria was certain that he'd be able to handle whatever was coming their way. When the first lions started to leave, Zuri stood and followed their example.

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff