Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Cigarettes... the new target for stupidity?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is worse, alcohol or cigarettes?
  Alcohol!
  Tobacco!
  They're both the devil!
  Neither! In fact, I do both!
  Neither, I don't really care!
  I have no opinion, I'll just follow everyone else... damn I want gold.
View Results

buby_dee

1,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:09 am
I do both, I know they are both bad, however at least drinking doesn't harm anyone else apart from yourself. unless you hit them, but i agree with most of the people on here when they say smoking is worse. I tend not to do it unless surrounded by smokers or people who put themselves in a smokers environment of their own choice. I NEVER smoke when a child is round, I would hate myself if I did. But even though both are very bad, they are very addictive too, and a habit is hard to break. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:07 pm
[ unnamed ]
Considering you can't passout and die from an overdose of smoking (though it might make you feel really weird if you smoked like, 3 packs in an hour) unlike alchohol, who's stupid now, huh?

Sure smoking gives you black lung, cancer, rotted teeth, whatever, but I think the media trys to scare us way too much. They totally distort the real facts on smoking to try and get us off of it. At least if you smoke too much, you still have all of your mental capacity left. Unlike drinking. Drinking means puking and dizziness and feeling like crap and driving and then running over kids. Smoking is just... smoking.

Truth be told, there is enough nicotine in a cigar that if you inhaled you'd die of poisoning.

And yes, there has been a case of someone with asthma having an attack while smoking, passing out and dying from smoke inhalation. Not to mention falling asleep while smoking and setting your house on fire... Both are equally dangerous and place others in danger in one way or another. I'd suggest you ask my friends Mark and Greg, only one died from being run over by someone reaching for a fallen cigarrette and jumped a curb and the other from alcohol poisoning.  

ceilisidhe

Kawaii~Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:32 pm
Well I can see a person who is drinking and not piss drunk that tells you but a person who is O.D drunk shouldnt be talking confused  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:45 am
Drinking is a lot harder to quit than smoking.

After all, AA people never say they've "quit drinking", more like sober for blah months/years.

One night drinking is a lot more destructive than one night smoking through a pack. I would know, I've lost a brother to it.
There are a lot of things that will kill you before 2ndhand smoke... like the food you eat. I would like to see my boyfriend without cigarettes, but it's his lungs and until we get married, I really don't have a right to force him to quit.  

Lila Malvae

[ D i z z y ! ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:35 am
ceilisidhe
[ unnamed ]
Considering you can't passout and die from an overdose of smoking (though it might make you feel really weird if you smoked like, 3 packs in an hour) unlike alchohol, who's stupid now, huh?

Sure smoking gives you black lung, cancer, rotted teeth, whatever, but I think the media trys to scare us way too much. They totally distort the real facts on smoking to try and get us off of it. At least if you smoke too much, you still have all of your mental capacity left. Unlike drinking. Drinking means puking and dizziness and feeling like crap and driving and then running over kids. Smoking is just... smoking.

Truth be told, there is enough nicotine in a cigar that if you inhaled you'd die of poisoning.

And yes, there has been a case of someone with asthma having an attack while smoking, passing out and dying from smoke inhalation. Not to mention falling asleep while smoking and setting your house on fire... Both are equally dangerous and place others in danger in one way or another. I'd suggest you ask my friends Mark and Greg, only one died from being run over by someone reaching for a fallen cigarrette and jumped a curb and the other from alcohol poisoning.

Well course, anything can happen under special circumstances. But what I mean is that you usually cannot die from an overdose of smoking. Smoking is a slow killer, so you will die early from it, or get cancer, but not in a single day, week, or month. There are always cases that this isn't so, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:42 am
I have to say I hate smokeing more at times. But then I hate drinking more it depends.

If you get drunk by drinking anytime you can I just hate those people. I dont mind people drinking if they dont get drunk, or to drunk that it can hurt other people.

I only when people smoke few packs in one day. My dad use to smoke, I hated it but he finally quite, but it wasnt really bad yet because he didnt start smokeing pack after pack. People who smoke pack after pack sould quit im sorry.

Alot of times drinking is better if you dont drink to much. But both are bad if you abuse how you drink or smoke.

~.Yuki.Dragon.~

]sarcasm[

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:39 am
There is a law where I live where you can't smoke in any restaurant or bar or anything like that. Only in the privacy of your home...Or outside, which ever you prefer.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:33 pm
I don't smoke or drink and sort of have a grudging against most people who do it alot mostly cuz I have seen first hand the bad effects both have on people but anyway what I wanted to ask ye all is:

Do you think its utterly pathetic that kids as young as 10-12 are binge drinking and smoking alot?

A load of the younger goths and emos that hang out where I go see the older ones drinking alot and smoking excessively and they tend to follow the pack but it's just horrible. At least when your 17 or whatever your at that age where you can (if you want) realise you've had too much and stop but for kids 6 years younger it isn't that easy.

They all want to drink their problems away which is also stupid. Especially when the place where we hang out in the city gets a bad reputation for the wild behaviour of the ''drunken goths''. One guy who was around 17-18 passed out twice in the space of a few weeks and twice his stomach had to be pumped. crazy stuff...  

Nockz the Dark Cellist

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:52 pm

I have to say I don't like smoking but people tend to be different when they are drunk and I hate alcoholics more. Because my friends just don't know when to stop drinking (all underage too) and then get really really rude/stupid when they drink. That's why I had to break up with my ex because I couldn't stand the fact he didn't know his limit for drinking let alone mixed it with smoking and he knows I don't like him smoking around me. So when he was drunk he would blow smoke in my face and I would come home with my parents mad at me because I smelled like cig smoke.

I really don't mind drink, my thing is know your limit but if you don't it just pisses me off. My one friend just drinks all the time to "get rid of his problems" and it's really changing him to something we don't know anymore and he just picked up smoking after he came back from his trip to Germany. He was a whole new person but he still had some of his old self.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:02 pm
i hate ppl who try to force their oppinion on you therez nothing wrong with stating it but oms  

PkmnPrincess

Kawaii Avenger

Kyru Sadaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:09 pm
i choose weed mrgreen
not as bad as a cig
it doesnt make you stupid drunk
its one natural plant  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:53 pm
Kyru Sadaki
i choose weed mrgreen
not as bad as a cig
it doesnt make you stupid drunk
its one natural plant

that one's worse..  

jaenus

shadowcat715

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:25 am
The only things that annoy me with smokers is when they do it to fit in/be cool/etc, and smoking in 30+ degrees Celsius heat, because it's hard enough tolerating the heat, but when you're waiting for a bus and smoking smokers are nearby...I feel like someone's thrown gasoline on me and lit me on fire in the desert, and there's no way to extinguish said flame till the next sandstorm.

As for alcohol, drunks do annoy me, as well as the ones who show off about it and think that it's cool to be drunk/stupid/etc. One of my friends from elementary school has started to binge drink and therefore make me wonder how she aces her exams with a hangover.

Those are my main peeves about drinkers/smokers/alcohol/cigarettes. As far as I'm concerned, the only alcohol that's going to stay in my house is decorative or industrial.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:28 am
I don't care how drunk a person is, if they don't want to be around cigarette smoke I'll leave.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:47 am
See when that happens when my mum lights up and I'm there I just point out that they have needlessly shortened their life to come up, inhale the second hand smoke and point this out, meaning if they get cancer, its their fault for being such a moron.

Though my favourite is when they come up and cough at her, I just say "s**t, cough like that, your lucky you don't smoke."  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff