Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[OOC] God Quest Approvals [OOC] (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:46 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Migration
Existing Overlapping Domains: Duty, Inevitability, Instinct, the Past, Unity, Birds?, Tradition?
Definition: Movement of animals from one region to another.
Relevance: Many creatures either migrate annually for various reasons, like mating or food source, or will migrate due to a disaster of some sort in their traditional home area, like a wild fire or flood. In the SoA world, there are avians, some of which most likely migrate, and there are also many unfortunate events, like floods, fires, and meddling Gods, that may cause prides or groups of creatures to be forced to migrate.

Approve Me!
Domain: Constellations
Existing Overlapping Domains: Stars (Could be parent/child), Folklore, Navigation, Night, the Sky, Darkness?, Connections? (Not entirely sure of the domain definition), Coordination? (Again, not entirely sure of definition used), Wisdom
Polar: the Lost
Definition: a group of stars forming a recognizable pattern that is traditionally named after its apparent form.
Relevance: Constellations are obviously visible from Africa and the many areas the SoA characters roam. These creatures look to the stars both as a reference of position and as a source of stories. Constellations are very important for lost creatures to help them find their way home or as a reference point for those on long journeys. These same alignments of stars can help in lore, also; certain clusters of stars are recognized by different groups and their histories are written in the stars they recognize.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:28 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Blindness
Existing Overlapping Domains: Change, Cursed, Hardships, Five Senses, Loss, Navigation, Old Age, Sight, Sound, Survival, Shadows, Darkness, Instinct
Definition: The state of being unable to see, a reduction of sight by the affecting of one's physical eyes.
Relevance: Blindness is a naturally occurring problem via being born with it, acquiring it via old age, or having it occur through accidental or malicious injury.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:02 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Deductions
Existing Overlapping Domains: Betrayal?, Change?, Conflict, Wisdom, Vengeance, Strategy, Secrets, clarity, Entertainment
Definition: The act or process of using logic or reason to form a conclusion or opinion about something : the act or process of deducing something
Relevance: This domain exists in SoA because with some prides there are murders or crimes that need not let those that caused the crime go unpunished. There could also be unsolved mysteries or murders that need to be dug up in order to solve problems for future generations. In some cases deductions could be used for closure; family, pride, or lover discrepancies.There needs to be a balance in that for every action (i.e. murder) there is a reaction/consequence (i.e. punishment).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:32 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Duplicity
Existing Overlapping Domains: Trickery, Betrayal, Thieves, Strategy, Secrets,
Definition: deceitfulness; double-dealing.
Relevance: Some characters can be seen as being two-faced, or be found helping both sides of warring prides.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:25 pm
Figured I might as well get my other quests approved and ready to go!

Approve Me!
Domain: Venom
Existing Overlapping Domains: Poison, Reptiles
Definition: Let's talk about venom and poison. Poison is a substance that causes a toxic reaction when it is consumed, or in some cases touched. Venom must be injected, usually through and apparatus like a fang and goes into the blood stream. Coming in two types, hemolytic and neurotoxic, venom is an offensive adaption used to hunt and kill while poison is a defensive one used to ward of predators.
Relevance: There are plenty of venomous snakes and insects in Africa. Black Mamba anyone? As such, there are plenty of SoA who will have been bit by one of said snakes/insects.

Approve Me!
Domain: Hoofstock
Existing Overlapping Domains: Prey, Animals
Definition: Well, anything with a hoof! Zebra, antelope, waterbuck, klipspringers, giraffes, if it has a hoof, it falls under this domain.
Relevance: Well, what are all these SoA eating? Usually hoofstock. Plus there's all the hoofed familiars we have in the shop .

Approve Me!
Domain: Jungle
Existing Overlapping Domains: Wood, water, plants, rain
Definition: A jungle is an area of dense vegetation, usually located in a tropical or sub-tropical zone. Not to be confused with a rainforest, which has rainfall requirements and a specific type of vegetation with a tall canopy and little to no ground plants, jungle is a broader term, used for any area of land with vegetation dense enough to make movement through it difficult.
Relevance: The jungle is part of the SoA landscape, and I believe we have a couple prides that are located within jungles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:39 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Vultures
Existing Overlapping Domains: Birds, Animals, Predators, Death, Blood, Bones, Decay
Definition: Large birds of prey, generally scavengers, though will kill wounded or sick animals.
Relevance: Vultures are no strangers to Africa, and with their existance could come the belief in a specific god for them.

Approve Me!
Domain: Scavengers
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, Prey, Thieves(maybe?), Predators, Canines, Death, Blood, Bones, Decay
Definition: An animal that feeds on dead/decaying organic material, such as vultures, jackals and hyenas.
Relevance: There are multiple species within Africa who gain sustanance through the consumption of already dead animals. Many feeding off the leftovers of larger predators/scavengers, or even those forced to turn to scavenging to survive, who might not normally do so. So a belief in a god related to those who eat the already dead would make sense.

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Rikalani

Business Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:33 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Quests
Existing Overlapping Domains: Hardships, Obstruction, the Hunt
Definition: A search or pursuit made in order to find or obtain something; an adventurous expedition undertaken by an individual or individuals to secure or achieve something
Relevance: Creatures go on quests in search of something or someone constantly, some knowingly and some not. These quests range from finding purpose in life, achieving a goal, obtaining something of value/sentiment, journeying from point a to point b, something as familiar as a coming-of-age trial, and etc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:05 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Astronomy
Existing Overlapping Domains: The Stars, The Sky, The Sun, The Moon
Definition: The branch of science that deals with celestial objects, space, and the physical universe as a whole.
Relevance: The study of the stars, and indeed the movement of celestial bodies would not be unknown in the SoA universe. Even Mufasa himself pointed out that the kings watch them from above. The god of astronomy would chart out the constellations of the sky in a way that any animal would understand them. Or, if they were lost, they could use the position of the stars to help guide their way.

Gene Wilder

Znaruto

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:06 pm
Approve Me!
Domain:Good times
Existing Overlapping Domains: Despair(polar),Festivals,Games,Happiness,Indulgence,Laughter,Playfulness,
Pleasure, that all i could fine
Definition: a highly pleasurable or exciting experience
Relevance: Most everyone have a good experience in there life. Some want to have it all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:58 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Klipspringers
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals (parent), Prey (parent)
Definition: A small species of African antelope.
Relevance: Klipspringers are creatures of SoA and as such are seen more frequently than unlined species. It is only natural that like lions and birds, they would have their own god to worship.

Approve Me!
Domain: Endings
Existing Overlapping Domains: Beginnings (polar), Change (overlapping), Decay (overlapping), Evolution (overlapping), Impermanence (overlapping), Inevitability (overlapping), Seasons (overlapping), Time (parent)
Definition: Nothing lasts forever. From the smallest life to a moment in time to an epoch in history.
Relevance: All creatures are mortal. They live and must one day die. But even within their lives are different parts. At one point their childhood ends and they become adults. For many, their individual life ends and they become mates, or parents, or both. These moments become worship when creatures take the time to acknowledge the passing of eras, however small and seemingly insignificant.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Agate
Existing Overlapping Domains: Caves, Crystals, Earth, Gems, Minerals, & Volcanoes
Definition: A cryptocrystalline variety of silica, chiefly chalcedony, characterised by its fineness of grain and brightness of color. Although agates may be found in various kinds of rock, they are classically associated with volcanic rocks and can be common in certain metamorphic rocks.
Relevance: Agate can be found in Africa, particularly localized to Botswana.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:11 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Ignored Advice
Existing Overlapping Domains: Possibly Calamity, Confusion, and Conflict, since those things can all result from ignoring advice. Denial, maybe, or Negligence, since ignoring someone is a form of denying their words, and neglecting to follow advice is a bit like ignoring it. Egotism, Greed, Impatience, and Impetuosity could be reasons to ignore advice. Frustration is certainly a result on the part of the ignored. Judgment is involved in offering advice and choosing to ignore it, as is Wisdom (sometimes).
Definition: This is all the advice that is offered (good, bad, or indifferent) that people actually hear, and then choose to ignore.
Relevance: Most people offer advice. Lots of people ignore that advice. No one probably worships this goddess, or even is aware of her existence, but her domain definitely exists.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Machairodontinae
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, Evolution, Instinct, Nature, Nocturnal Animals, Predators, Prehistoric Animals
Definition: Extinct subfamily of carnivoran mammals of the family Felidae (true cats).
Relevance: They were endemic to Asia, Africa, North America, South America, and Europe from the Miocene to Pleistocene living from about 23 million until about 11,000 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:23 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Devotion
Existing Overlapping Domains: Parent: Virtue, Overlap; Loyalty, Chivalry, Duty, Guards, Polar; Betrayal, Deception, Negligence.
Definition: Devotion is in a whole a sense of selflessness for one, or a group of people. It is the choice to consider yourself a tool for another, a promise that whatever they did, your loyalty and own life is on the line for them. A love that shines through the boundaries of normalcy, and becomes a physical thing.
Relevance: Stories are made from the devotion of many. Guards are devoted to the prides. Mates are devoted to each other - willing to sacrifice themselves for the happiness and safety of the other.

Approve Me!
Domain: Unforeseen Consequences
Existing Overlapping Domains: Overlap; Calamity, Change, Fortune, Hazards, Polar; Organization, Navigation, Strategy, Tradition.
Definition: You met a boy and he seemed great - but one day when you least expected he found another girl, and oops! You're laden with cubs. You took a left when you should have taken a right that day, and suddenly your whole world is different and the stars seems strange. They may not be completely planned, but they are consequences, and although you did not expect them - they are happening.
Relevance: Considering how many times 'oops' breedings happen, or 'wrong time, wrong place' situations happen, there has to be someone who may just be pulling the strings. And she loves it.

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:06 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Mountains
Existing Overlapping Domains: Earth, Minerals, Caves, Water, Rivers, Rain, Glaciers, Volcanoes, Landslides, Snow & Ice.
Definition: A mountain is a large landform that stretches above the surrounding land in a limited area, usually in the form of a peak. Mountains erode slowly through the action of rivers, weather conditions, and glaciers. A few mountains are isolated summits, but most occur in huge mountain ranges.
Relevance: With 14% of Africa being covered in mountains, it seems natural that at some point there would be worship devoted to them given their sometimes mystical appearance.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff