Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
Introduce Yourself and Where to Post Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

k0rpse

High-functioning Shapeshifter

6,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:53 pm
I'd like an RP mentor, but it says I don't have permission to view that thread. :/  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:17 pm
k0rpse
I'd like an RP mentor, but it says I don't have permission to view that thread. :/

Were you trying to get into the SDRP Tutoring Academy? If you could tell me where you were trying to go I could find out for you ^_^  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

k0rpse

High-functioning Shapeshifter

6,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:25 pm
KiIIerWarrior
k0rpse

Were you trying to get into the SDRP Tutoring Academy? If you could tell me where you were trying to go I could find out for you ^_^

Thank you, I'd appreciate that. smile I believe that's what it was -- I clicked on a link on the guild's main page that mentioned something about tutoring. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 pm
k0rpse

Thank you, I'd appreciate that. smile I believe that's what it was -- I clicked on a link on the guild's main page that mentioned something about tutoring. 3nodding

Right-o! So the link on the main page goes to the old Mentor program thread (Which is now hiding in the Crew Archives) The thread's last update mentioned as to it's closing and instead directed folks over to the Academy. Currently the Academy is running slow. We're short on Mentors really, though if you're really interested you should give Watervoir a message -Here- and ask about it.

Hope this helps.  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

Vanira

Merry Bard

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:34 am
Hello everyone, Vanira here! I was recently accepted into the SDRP, so here's my introduction (^^)

1.) Have you read the SDRP Guide?
Yes, I have.

2.) How long have you been a member of Gaia?
Since Nov 2004, so a little over 10 years now.

3.) What is your experience in RPing? (include what got you started, genres/RP types you like, GMing experience)
I started RPing almost as soon as I joined Gaia; I loved the old collaborative RPs. The anticipation of waking up to new posts (time zone differences), seeing what turns the story might take, I love it!
I have mostly done more large scale (5+ people) RPs, generally in the fantasy and/or detective genre, but I don't mind to write fantasy or high school RPs either.

4.) How did you find the SDRP?
It was the number 1 guild listed in the Popular Guilds list on my Guilds paged that I checked after my hiatus.

5.) Why would you like to join the SDRP?
I really want to get back into RPing, I think it will help me relax from my job, plus I'm hoping to find some good RPs here, that will return the anticipation I had when I RPed in the past.

6.) Is there anything you would like to do for the SDRP? (tutoring, artwork, advertising, donation, affiliation, etc)
Considering I am a high school English teacher, I could help with tutoring - although that would focus more on coherence/cohesion, paragraph construction and grammar/spelling, than on the process of creative writing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:09 pm
Hello!

I am Zvahl, new to your guild! I am a long time RPer that kind of poofed for a very long time. I am very proficient with forum based roleplay and will look into making a story that will be interesting, engaging, and fun for all of you!

I typically go into the medieval/fantasy genre with swords and magic, so if any of you are into that, then keep an eye out!

I have also done mech/gundam, futuristic, space, and even present day type RPs.

I hope to contribute to your guild, so thanks for the invite!

Audiekins

Toothsome Fairy

Fiore di Giglio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:24 pm
Hello and Happy new year!
I've recently joined this guys so what better way to start a year than by polishing my skills, right?
A preferred genre isn't exactly my type. I would like to think of me as a flexible person just as long as the story itself captures me.
Yet, my main reason to be here it is obviously to improve the rp skills. Mostly regarding grammar mistakes which I'll try to keep to a minimum as well as problems presented when trying to express my idea or my character's idea/actions. For some reason I've been confusing people over the last rp's I've been into. So, if I could get some help solving that kind of problems. It would be awesome.

Fiore di Giglio here, a pleasure to meet you all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:24 pm
Hello, I'm Radioactive Menace
1.) Have you read the SDRP Guide? Yes I have.
2.) How long have you been a member of Gaia? I've been a member of Gaia since '06-ish.
3.) What is your experience in RPing? (include what got you started, genres/RP types you like, GMing experience) I actually started roleplaying when someone had approached me while I.C & I played along with it, then
fell in 'love' with roleplay & have been doing it for over a year now. My genres are: Action/Adventure/Fantasy/Mature/Romance & No, I don't
God Mod in Roleplay.
4.) How did you find the SDRP? Found it while browsing the RP guilds.
5.) Why would you like to join the SDRP? I love to roleplay & want to roleplay with more experienced RP'ers.
6.) Is there anything you would like to do for the SDRP? (tutoring,
artwork, advertising, donation, affiliation, etc) I'll be more than happy to advertise the guild & refer others who are worthy.  

Tomoe Aneikage

Divorced Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Omniscient Muse

Wheezing Genius

16,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:50 pm
Probably the silliest introduction, the confused reintroduction of an old member.

1.) Have you read the SDRP Guide? yessiree I have.

2.) How long have you been a member of Gaia? 2006? I think 2006.

3.) What is your experience in RPing? I've been roleplaying, primarily in one-on-one IM based roleplays, for a good ten, twelve years or so. I've participated in forum roleplays and chatroom roleplays in the past, though not as much frequently. I'm trying to get back into more varied styles of RP.

4.) How did you find the SDRP? I could not tell you this is my life depended on it; I've been a member of this guild since 2007 I think? I left Gaia for a considerable period of time, and having returned, I remembered that I was signed up for some guilds. Funny enough, as old of a member as I am, it's basically like I'm starting fresh, and a little confused because this isn't my kitchen how did I get here?

5.) Why would you like to join the SDRP? I've been fresh out of RP buddies lately, and looking for a new place to join in some different RPs.

6.) Is there anything you would like to do for the SDRP? At the moment I don't know for sure, I'm a third year college student and fairly busy most of the time, but I'll try to at least be an active member, maybe help out some people who are just starting to get into RP.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:54 pm
Welcome to your new kitchen. It will be apart of you and just remember if you don't set a name tag on your nutella....it is free game.  

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

Temple

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:22 am
Hello! My name is Temple. I can't wait to get to know everyone!

1.) Have you read the SDRP Guide? Indeed I have
2.) How long have you been a member of Gaia? since 2008
3.) What is your experience in RPing? Mostly fantasy RP. I was in a Kingdom Hearts RP and a another fantasy university setting.
4.) How did you find the SDRP? Through links in Barton Town. I wanted to get back in RP and it lead me here!
5.) Why would you like to join the SDRP? Experience, confidence, and to make some friends.
6.) Is there anything you would like to do for the SDRP? I can donate gold, advertise, and help others RP by being a student myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:25 pm

1.) Have you read the SDRP Guide?Yes
2.) How long have you been a member of Gaia? Since 2010 and since 2011 (this account)
3.) What is your experience in RPing? I have been RPing since the first time I got on Gaia back in 2010 biggrin
4.) How did you find the SDRP? Guild search biggrin
5.) Why would you like to join the SDRP? Yeah biggrin biggrin
6.) Is there anything you would like to do for the SDRP? Donation biggrin

Redswordomega

Tiny Duck

LadyCanidae

Friendly Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:12 pm
Hello!
1.) Have you read the SDRP Guide? Yes
2.) How long have you been a member of Gaia? 10 years
3.) What is your experience in RPing? a bit of activity in barton town five years ago.
4.) How did you find the SDRP? Popular Guilds
5.) Why would you like to join the SDRP? To hone my skills!
6.) Is there anything you would like to do for the SDRP? Donate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:22 am
LadyCanidae

Wrong subforum for this, but I think it's excusable. Greetings and welcome to the SDRP.  

Ozenko

Enigmatic Recalibrator

5,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

grilledcheezy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:21 pm
1.) Have you read the SDRP Guide?
I certainly have 3nodding
2.) How long have you been a member of Gaia?
Since I was... 15-16? So 7 or 8 years.
3.) What is your experience in RPing?
I consider myself a lazy lit rp'er. I've modded and co-modded rp's
4.) How did you find the SDRP?
I was searching for an active rp learning environment because one can always improve.
5.) Why would you like to join the SDRP?
To become active in the rp community once again.
6.) Is there anything you would like to do for the SDRP?
Tutoring maybe?  
The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces