PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:21 am
bump  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:54 pm
i liked the old dumbledor better in the first and second movies better
he was really good  

Numai Outcast

Lurielle is unkind

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:58 pm
The new one completely misses the whole essence of Dumbledor! The subtle sense of humor, the kindness, the wisdom! gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:33 pm
I liked the old one. The new one, sometimes he speaks in a harsher, more demanding tone than necessary. But that's my opinion. Besides, I think the first and second movies are much better directed than the third and fourth ones. So basically, I like the old director better too.  

camouflage_girl

Morbid Suppression

1,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:47 pm
The old one for sure. After the second film, they made him look like and old bum. (gay hat= 4th film) I miss the old one because he used to be more stunning and powerful looking.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:54 am
Witch of the Moon
O loved the old one..... he was more like a grandparent... his eyes were fulll of kindness..... the new one is hard.... his eyes are empty.... he is more like Gandalf

I totally agree with this. The old Dumbledore seams like someone you can trust/ someone you can count on. This new Dumbledore is way out of character. He is supposed to be one of the closest people to Harry. Instead, he seems to be in more in a hurry to care as much about Harry as he should. Then again, the Dumbledore in the fourth Book was a little out of character anways, but the new dumbledore's script will have to change to fit the upcoming movies. *old dumbledore, rest in peace*  

colormyworldx

-Vacca Foeda-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:42 pm
The old one was the only true dumbledore! He was EXACTLY how I imagined Dumbledore, EXACTLY! And the new Dumbledore kinda over-reacted when Harry was chosen for the Triwizard Tournament- he pracically attacked him gonk lol I don't think Dumbledore would have reacted that way...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:53 pm
Richard Harris was my favorite Dumbledore. Unfortunatly, Harris passed away. Harris has that fatherly air, and the twinkle in his eye. Harris also had Dumbledore's look down pat. Gambon does many things in the film that Dumbledore would never do. For example, how he shakes Harry in the Goblet of Fire. Dumbledore would never do this! In OotP he is calm even when Harry is throwing things around the room!

I liked Harris because he seemed to play Rowling's version of Dumbledore to a T. He has the air of wisdom, but also a sense of humor. I liked the first two movies the best because they stuck very close to the books. Columbus didn't add unneeded stuff (Can anybody say that stupid extended dragon scene in Goblet of Fire!) or deviate from needed plots. He cut out things that weren't needed (like Valentine's Day), but kept the main plots. I liked his direction better, because he tried to stay faithful to the books and not add a bunch of junk to it. Like I still hate the talking heads in Prisoner of Azkaban. Annoying, and more annoying!

Anyhow, back on track, I like Richard Harris's performance best because he seemed to be the right fit for Dumbledore. Stupid Gambon doesn't even read the books. Would it kill him to read the books?! Anyhow, just my two cents.  

FayeKasumiValentine1

kyomuffins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:23 am
Richard Harris (R.I.P) was the perfect Dumbledore in my eyes. The new one is more likely to rip your face off than the old one.

T^T And I want to keep my skin.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:30 pm
The new one doesn't seem as nice, I would much rather be the old Dumbledore's man!  

evil_black_cat

Smilexiluvu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:35 pm
the new dumbledores beard is FAKE! he is Cheap and in the new one he almost seems Cruel. the old one was PERFECT!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:19 pm
i kinda of like them both but Alfanso Carone (derector of POA) made Dumbedore look and act liker a Hippe.... ON PURPOSE  

Jack_Skellington182

Heaven Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:14 am
I like the old one better, I mean, I dunno... The dude passed away!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:57 pm
Richard Harriss was obviously the better one. He was calm and quiet, yet gave an impression of power. he could only whisper, though, so half the times i couldnt hear him.  

im2cool4skool

siriuslyriddikulus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:12 pm
I think Richard Harris played him perfectly, he was such a good Dumbledore. Sir Michael Gambon is too energetic and loud, while Dumbledore is supposed to be calm and soft-spoken.  
The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff