Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:10 pm
Route 4 - Parterre Way

Takamaru was just as floored as Helena at the sight. it was indeed beautiful. He wished he could bring Tia to this route. she would adore this place to no end. However, that was a far off dream, the fruits of his goal to come.

For now, he'd make do with snapping a few pictures and sending them to her at a later time.

"Nope, that's perfect actually," he replied with a pleasant smile, following her over towards the fountain. "It's actually my first time away from home, or well, traveling anyways." he said, answering an un-asked question to keep the conversation rolling.

strolling along with his hands in his pockets, a relaxed disposition, he asked "Why'd you decide to become a trainer anyways, Helena?" looking in the opposite direction of Helena, towards a pair of trainers calling commands to their battling Pokemon partners. To him, they seemed a little young to be training Pokemon already, about 10 or so...  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:15 pm
Route 4 - Parterre Way

"Money," Helena said. Even if she just ended up battling people for the entire league, she'd still make a decent amount of cash. "College tuition and all." Her lips curled into a smile as she turned her head to look at Takamaru.

"What about you? Fame, fun or finances?"  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:24 pm
Route 4 - Parterre Way

That threw Tk for a moment, Helena didn't seem the type to be a trainer for fortune. But then again, Neither did Tk. This however, was a question he wasn't really in the mood to give the whole pitiable sad story of his sickly younger sister and end up garnering more unneeded pity.

So instead, he gave her the sort version. "Same. Finances." he replied, wearing a polite smile before directing the conversation away from himself.

"So, You became a trainer just to get tuition money? wouldn't it be easier, and probably more comfortable, t' just grab a part time job in your home town?" he asked, raising a questioning eyebrow.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:30 pm
Route 4 - Parterre Way

"No, it's a lot easier to participate in the league. If I work jobs back home then I'll be doing it for the entire time that I'm working to get my degree. One, two, three jobs, loans, might even a semester or two off to build up more money." Helena got a better look at the fountain as they got closer.The first thing she noticed was that it was huge, the second was that people seemed to be using it as a rest stop.

One person had a miniature television hooked up to a generator and a crowd of people watched the gym battles being played on it.

"In the league I can win battles, beat gym leaders and potentially make enough for all of my tuition for every semester in just one summer." She would have to beat a lot of trainers, or win the league, to accomplish that. Helena was set on that goal.

"What about you? If you think it's easier to get a job, why are you here?"  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:55 pm
((I was determined to use the word 'extrapolate' at least once in this RP.))

Route 4 - Parterre Way

"Okay, maybe easy wasn't the right term, but i guess i never really looked into tuition coasts myself." School was never very high on his priority list, what with a family of three to help take care of, it always seemed to be pushed to the side. He's the kind of person to deal with whats right in front of him at any given moment. usually, caring for the fam. was what took up that slot.

Tk shrugged, "like you said i guess, more convenient. That, and I need a large some of money in a decent amount of time." He didn't feel the need to extrapolate anymore than that. so hopefully Helena wouldn't ask.

"Wonder if we'll have the option not to have our battles televised?" he asked, nodding towards the small group huddled around the miniature television.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:03 pm
Route 4 - Parterre Way

Helena noted Takamaru's words. He needed a lot of money fast. Obviously, she thought, he wouldn't mention it unless he wanted her to ask about it. Unfortunately - for him - Helena wanted to get to training so she didn't have time to ask him all the questions with really long answers.

"Most of them after the first day are just exciting matches. The ones with close outcomes or the ones that are really interesting or funny." The league only wanted to broadcast what was interesting, and gym matches became progressively less interesting once the audience had trainers that they wanted to follow - the top choices for winning the league.

Helena took Fletchling's ball from her belt and held it up. "Well, I think it's time I got to training."  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:11 pm
Gotengo

The kids gasped at Zack's taunt and threats initially before they began to yell and chant for his punishment.

"Your mom is a shithole!"
"We're gonna tear you apart, connard!"
"Eh, a little renovation wouldn't hurt..."
"Knock 'im out, Sal!"
"Yeah!"

All the chants converged into one repeated booming: "Knock him out! Knock him out!" Atop the crow's nest, the curly haired girl, Mia, took closer note of the situation. After Salieri, she was the oldest one there, and as the guard she had a responsibility to assess the situation.

It didn't take a genius to assess that Sal was the antagonizer here. Mia sighed and slumped against the crow's nest, prematurely defeated. If Sal brought a fight to Gotengo, she meant business, but if it went south it would be such a hassle.

"What kinda mess did she get into this time, Bass?" she asked her Noibat, who simply shrugged.

On the ground, Sal was unfazed by Zack's words. If anyone else insulted the Gotengo she might have already started a fight, but this was a noble. Their haughtiness was to be expected.

"I have a better idea. You battle me for it."

She nodded to one of the kids and tossed the book high into the air. "Solosis, Telekinesis!" the kid shouted. Said Solosis glowed blue, and shortly after, so did the book. The prize hung well above the heads of the two trainers.

Salieri spun a pokeball around on her fingers. Currently, she only had two pokemon on her: Durendal was across town watching after her father. Nevertheless, she was confident in Veil's ability, and Biz Marquis needed to start fighting.

The Crush Girl circled around Wayne slowly, at ease with a sadistic grin that showed off her nearly feral canine teeth. "Yeah, getting things taken from you sucks, huh kid? But you can still get it back, if you beat me. No catch, that's it. I'll even throw in a beer for your troubles."

She completed her circle and returned to facing Zack head on. Now the light shifted, and she was half cast in shadow. "How about it? I want to see if you're good enough to back up owning that ridiculous coat."  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:24 pm
Route 4 - Parterre Way

Tk Nodded in response to her response to his question. He was happy to learn that she wasn't the type of person to take a closed ended answers as conversation bait.

Following her lead, he moved a few paces away from Helena to give them both ample room to train, but not far enough to make conversation difficult. Where as Helena seemed to only be using a single Pokemon for her training, he would need each of his three partners for the training had in mind. well, two of them at least, the other, Iron hide, still wasn't listening to battle commands properly.

So, with three separate sunbursts of pearly white light, Tk's three Pokemon materialized. The Lairon, Iron Hide immediately wandering off towards one of the beds of flowers off to the sides where he would plop down and observe his surroundings with a detached un-interest.

The Skarmory, Shuriken. As well as the Honedge, X-calibur waited for instruction.

"Shuiken, could you fly over and pluck three berry's from that tree over there? after that, i want you too drop them randomly over there, just left of the dirt path. just keep repeating it again and again. Start slow, then increase the speed as you see fit" Shuriken took off immediately.

"X-calibur, I want you too cut each and every berry Shuriken drops using moves in this order. First, Shadow sneak, Second, Furry cutter, then Shadow sneak again. Don't worry about missing any, just keep on following the pattern until i give you the signal to stop." Tk instructed after turning towards the sheathed sword Pokemon

The idea behind this form of simple training was to get X-calibur not only used to using each of his current primary attacking moves in succession. but to get him prepared to be able to switch into them simultaneously in a fast paced combat situation.  

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:53 am
((Wayne? razz ))

Gotengo

Zack flexed his jaw when the wave of telekinesis hit his notebook. He tried not to let it show, and covered with a smirk. Salieri circled him like a predator. He couldn't deny that the situation was bad. He was surrounded: no plan, no trained pokémon, no back-up, no reason at all to think he could win. But something, instinct maybe, told him that victory was on the horizon. The alternative meant giving up, and he couldn't bring himself to do that.

"Quite the little kindergarten you have here," he said, holding his arms out and grinning confidently. "So what, you the kids nobody gives a s**t about? Cooped up in here, desperately trying to justify your next breath. Or maybe you fancy yourself a Robin Hood. Is petty theft really all you're good for?."

He unclipped Hazard's ball and held it in front of him. Without drawing attention to it, he palmed Ralts' but kept it minimised. "Doesn't matter. I'm shutting you down. After today, you'll be a ghost story."

Hazard's ball popped open as Zack slung it forward. Surrounded by the bright flash of an opening pokéball, the Gastly launched herself towards Salieri, and on Zack's command of "Hypnosis!", her eyes pulsed a brilliant, radiant white. With no pokémon opponent, her target would be the trainer herself. If Salieri was put to sleep, this battle would be over before it even began. Zack was counting on her to be too eager to see which pokémon he was using to avoid getting caught in the hypnotising glare.

To him, the choice seemed clear: either Salieri gets knocked out off the bat, or she goes into battle blind, not knowing her opponent.

A moment after releasing Hazard, Zack threw Ralts' ball behind him, right at the Solosis who had used Telekinesis on his notebook. He commanded a "Confusion", and unless the youngster remained undistracted by Hazard's release and on-the-ball enough to prepare a counter, the attack would most likely hit. Whether it defeated the psychic type outright or not wasn't the issue: Zack hoped that Confusion would interfere enough with Solosis' concentration to make it incapable of maintaining telekinesis.

If that happened, the book would fall out of the sky, and Zack would run up to catch it before it hit the ground.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:01 pm
Parterre Way

This early in the league's opening it wasn't exactly hard to find something to gamble on. Newbies were quick to battle one-another, or even the occasional veteran. Those matches rarely went the way newbies expected, but there were a very rare few where a veteran was outmatched, despite showing superior knowledge and having superior pokemon. Luck, it seemed, was something that you couldn't train so easily.

Benedict had gathered at one such battle on Parterre Way, where a trainer who was obviously more experienced was battling someone that stammered with their orders, and had taken more losses than needed. Oddly enough, this was also one of those mis-matched battles, where one trainer had six pokemon, though admittedly they were mostly the same species, and one had just a single pokemon. Obviously, the experienced trainer had been forced to retire some of theirs.

That was probably the only reason that had led the young gambler to place his bet on the newbie. It was a fool's bet to most anyone else, but those desperate and foolish enough to make it were the ones that kept this sort of thing going. The bookie had given some pretty steep odds, though, so a win would pay off big time. As long as he could pay.

Snorunt was the last pokemon out to fight the veteran's Drifblim. The thing had taken only a few hits, and there was didn't seem to be anything that could stop it. "P-powder Snow!" The rookie called out. Like most anyone in their position, their battle on television, the veteran had started showboating, getting cocky. His pokemon had picked up on this, and seemed intent on delaying everything just slightly, even here, against something that it was weak against...

"Quick attack!" Was called out, just before the snow reached the pokemon, and instead of doing the smart thing, and avoiding the attack, the Drifblim charged through. Before it ever reached Snorunt, it hit the ground frozen...

The rest of the fight consisted of a rookie's Snorunt pounding away at the stronger opponent, until the veteran gave up completely. There was a relieved sigh somewhere near Benedict when the veteran lost, a desperate gambler trying to get something, anything. The hiss of a nearby man could have been a loser, but Max turned his head that way anyways. The bookie, a shady-looking fellow, that had just gotten a nervous twitch to his eyes, was trying to sneak away from the crowd.

Benedict sighed and started after the man. It was a good thing he'd stretched after the snorunt was frozen, or this would be more of a hassle than it needed to be. At least he'd waited, like most of the rest of the crowd, possibly hoping that the veteran had brought something to deal with the freezing of his pokemon.

The bookie caught sight of the new trainer, and immediately started running. Maxamillian, prepared for just such a thing, started after him. It was a chase, yes, but the man owed him money. Money he'd probably need later on, once he had those badges and access to a whole new world of fun...  

Klarp Glornharm

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:11 pm
Route 4 - Parterre Way

The first stage of training consisted of Helena seated at the fountain. She had one hand on Fletchling's head and she petted her head.

The little robin had been terrified when she was called out. She didn't know where she was or who Helena was but luckily at least this species of Pokemon was undeveloped enough that she could not process that she had been kidnapped.

Now Helena just had to make the Pokemon feel safe. It wasn't a difficult process, just a long one - at least to Helena who wanted to be training already it was.

When the long process was over and the Pokemon was capable of listening to Helena, their training could begin. The Pokedex let Helena know what Fletchling could do - tackle and growl.

So Helena worked on these as she watched the Pokemon move across the fountain. She stepped backward along it, face to her Pokemon that followed her along the fountain edge. She had her tackle from one location to the next, keeping itself balanced and controlled as it moved from one location to the next in bursts of power.

Helena moved Fletchling around the entire fountain like this before she let the little robin up on her hand. "Good job, um..."

Helena tilted her head to the side as she looked at the tiny robin. "Lilt."  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:34 am
Route 4 - Parterre Way

The first round of attacks were deplorable. X-calibur used shadow sneak to vanish and reappear just in front of the first dropped berry, before slicing it in two with a horizontal cut that left a purplish after glow in the trajectory of the cut. However, the sword Pokemon missed both of the other two berries that were dropped after.

The time it took for it to switch between attacks gave to much lag time and not enough flow. This would, in a real battle, leave the steel/ghost Pokemon open for a rebuke attack from a quicker opponent. This was the express reason as to why Tk was having his newest party member partake in this kind of training.

After about the 5th repetition of Shurken dropping berries for X-calibur to stirke is when Tk noticed a Shadier looking man running flat out down Parterre Way somewhat in the direction of himself and Helena.

"Hey, Helena." he called, motioning towards the sprinting man being chased by another, he assumed to be male, man. "What do you make of that?" he asked. His curiosity rearing its head.

Even though he wasn't listening to Battle commands properly, Iron hide was still in sync with his trainer, for he as well took notice to the happenings and stood, ready to act should he need to.  

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:47 pm
((Jump's gone to a different region for a couple weeks, so I'm gonna be finishing up this battle before it really starts ninja I'm sure there will be other occasions for these two to butt heads))

Lumiose City - Vert Plaza

Zack caught his book effortlessly as he walked below it, not breaking his stride until he stood before his opponent. Salieri hit the floor asleep, and when the surrounding kids failed to send a volley of stones his way, he knew he'd won. He looked down at the Crush Girl and shook his head.

His pokémon stood at the ready in case of reprisal, Zack held out his Xtransceiver and made a few finger swipes. "Hey," he said after connecting, "Police? I've caught myself a thief."

---

Red and blue lights flashed silently. People strolled through Vert Plaza indifferent to the police cruiser pulled up by an alleyway. Zack stood with his arms folded, a little agitated by how many questions he was being asked. The police Furfrou sniffed at him, then growled a little.

"You have been busy since arriving here, Mr. Redgrave," the officer said. Her voice was humourless, but failed to project the authority Zack thought she was attempting. "Will you be pressing charges?"

"No. Wouldn't mind a reward though."

"That won't be happening," the officer said, putting her notepad away. "Lumioise City does, however, thank you for your assistance. This girl matches the description of someone who assaulted a court noble earlier today. She'll be wanted for questioning."

The officer gave Zack a short salute while he glanced through the car's back window. Salieri was still unconscious from the Hypnosis. Probably for the best; he doubted she'd react too well to losing and getting arrested.

"Court noble... I'm guessing that's a special kind of noble then," he said while the officer's partner got back into the car.

"A court noble is a noble of the Court of Kings. The four elite houses who directly serve the royal family," the officer said with a hint of annoyance. "Really, you should learn something about our region before coming to it."

The Furfrou hopped onto the front seat first, and the officer climbed in after it. Zack frowned. "Yeah, well I doubt you know who the Castelia Huntail are."
"Let me guess," the officer said, leaning out the car window, "they're a baseball team."
"..."
"Have a nice day, Mr. Redgrave."

The police car drove off and left Zack pouting. His mood didn't improve when a Pangoro-shaped shadow hung over him. The huge bear pokémon stood so close that he could smell it, and had somehow managed to stuff itself into Zack's discarded noble coat.

Zack sighed. "Alright, let's get moving."  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:25 pm
Route 4 - Parterre Way

Lilt chirped at Helena in response to her new name. She couldn't help the smile that followed, both because of how excited she was to have a Pokemon that listened to her and because of how cute the tiny robin was.

She looked toward the running men when Takamaru pointed them out and tightened her lips in thought. "I'll bet," she began after a short pause, "they're having a lovers quarrel and this is domestic abuse."

She knew it was unlikely, but it didn't stop her from imagining the scenario. "Someone should probably stop them before they hurt each other." She didn't mean herself, given that she wasn't a fighter, she didn't have a whole lot of muscle, and her strongest Pokemon was a tiny adorable little bird.

Instead Helena stepped toward the route, Lilt on hand. "I'm going to try actually battling Pokemon," she said, a hint of excitement in her voice. It was her first real battle, after all.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Klarp Glornharm

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:27 pm
The man opted to skirt the fountain and head for the steps, in the direction of Santalune. A few trainers stopped to stare for a moment, before immediately going back to their own business. Not a lot of people like to try to play "hero" and deal with these chases.

The thought hit him, as he climbed the steps, that it would be much easier to just release Sir Ricard and have him chase down the thief. A pokemon could end a chase really easily, especially one that strong. This was not a thing of pokemon, however. Including them in this would mean drawing attention, and possibly police.

The chase cut right, along the hedge, and through some pokemon territory. The bookie turned into the maze, a step ahead of Max. The trainer took a sharp turn, and in a few more moments, he was tackling the bookie to the ground. Excuses were the first things to slip free, and Benedict handily ignored them long enough to give the man a solid punch to his jaw. From there, things were simple enough, handled silently and calmly. The bookie stayed quiet, and Benedict took his winnings from the man.

Before long Benedict was hunting for a path out of the maze that wouldn't take him through the tall grass again, in part to get away from the other man without taking an obvious path that he might be ambushed in instead, and in part to not have to deal with anything that decided he was invading its territory. There'd be enough battles in the future, no sense in wasting his time on weak ones.  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff