Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[ META | 2014 ] The Mummer's Ball ! | Complete | Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:14 am
Farce ||
Farce found a decent place by the fire and turned to face his dancing partner. The conversations around them did little to mute the mummer’s music that played around the dancing flames or the laughter of others as they fell into their own dances. The young male tossed the mane from his eyes and began moving lightly from paw to paw. His movements were smooth, effortless, nearly boneless. Where much of his family valued the way of the dreamer’s court, he quite liked his wits. He’d spent time observing the mummers, how they moved, how they sang, how they danced. True to his lineage, the thought of bringing joy to others was the lifeblood of his being. Laughter and excitement was something he wanted to give as much as partaking in himself.

“Just move to the rhythm to start.” He coaxed gently, “It’s not hard- soon your body will figure it out from there. You can’t dance if you’re all locked up like that. Relax.” he smiled a little more.

When she laughed, the male perked up and laughed right back. “There you go, see? Now see if you can get your front paws into the movements too. You gotta lead from the front.” He demonstrated by sweeping his front paws one way while his hind paws went in the other direction, his long tail swaying more like a ribbon than a limb. “Easy, loose, relaxed, fun. Don’t over-think it.”

He winked, “And laugh a lot more. It’s a charming sound.”

Rennekae

Riddle Sight ||
The little cub’s dark eyes darted between his parents and the newcomer. He wasn’t exactly old enough to understand all the implications being exchanged between the parties, but he was well aware of the tension brewing up around them. His ears flattened back and his brow creased. His own tension grew as his sire threw his head back and erupted into a fit of laughter. It wasn’t the kindly, gentle laughter he knew. This sound was almost dangerous, hostile. It held a warning within it. Unspoken but clear as a bell.

Grateful for his brother’s distraction, he got up to his paws and offered a playful shoulder nudge. “C’mon. Let’s go see the fortune-tellers. I wanna know my future.

Andranis

Riddle Mouth ||
Shandor wiped at his eyes as his belly settled from his fit of laughter. Oh that was rich. Sometimes, one had to appreciate the little things in life. “I’m sorry my friends, I should go mingle. Duty, responsibility, and all that formal nonsense.” He settled his paws under him and leaned over to nudge at Muhali. “I’ll let you manage the squeaky wheel, love. I think I just saw an old pain in the backside make his approach.”

Winking over to Fireheart, he stepped away from the dias and made his way through the celebration, his head held high and his eyes sparkling with the remnants of his amusement. Good old Ram, as bright and sunny as ever, was making his steady way into the heart of the celebration. As he approached, Shandor’s expression became a little more relaxed, though there was a sharp smirk pulling at his lips.

“Well, well, well. Look what the tides have brought to our shores this year! Ram, old log of drift wood.” He gave the other ruler a rough nudge to his shoulder. “Come to find yourself a lady? Hm? Are we to see a round belly with your name on it? I could point you to a few of those who may be… looking. Interested. I hear blue is the color this year, my friend.”

He paused as another lion approached not him, but Ram. Smirking, Shandor glanced between the two. The speech pattern of the newcomer was…fun. He’d heard it from a Bahari or two. Perhaps this was their new culture?

“Moondog, hm? Perhaps you might assist me with something… Ram here? He sat on a stick wrong a few years back. Not been the same ever since. I think he might need the attention of a pretty young female to get him drunk off his paws and dancing by the flames.”

Gene Wilder

DaffuPanda

Epine de Rose

General notice!

Sorry for the delay there guys! I thought I could push this one along before my vacation. XD I’m back now, but DFA has some family visiting so she’ll be a little slow. I’ll push things along so we can get on to the exciting parts. ;3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:29 am
Paranoia

Paranoia cautiously attempted to mirror Farce's moves, feeling like she would slip at any moment and end up with a mouth full of sand. It didn't take long for her to get the hang of it, slightly lifting each front paw in turn as if walking in place to the beat while letting her original motion spread until her body was swaying from the shoulders back. She had to admit, she felt a little like a snake, but she was actually having fun.

Farce's compliment startled her and she faltered slightly; she could feel her colorless pelt growing hot and itchy. Paranoia's irrationally fearful mind began tossing thoughts of "luring into false sense of security" and "he only wants something", but she was surprised to find she was more embarrassed than afraid. Her ears laid back, half-shyly and half-anxiously, and she giggled a little, an uncertain smile pulling at her lips.
"Th-thank you," she stammered timidly. "It's nice to laugh. And have something to laugh about."

Picking up her dance where she'd left it, Paranoia tried to get back to her state of almost relaxed. This was the first time she'd had fun with someone other than Dhoru or Nema, and she wanted to keep it going.

Thalion

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:02 pm
Ram should have been given a reward - despite Sikulu's antics, the lion managed to refrain from an incredulous expression and instead, regarded him with one of bemusement instead. Truth be told, Ram was trying to fathom whether he should have known the lion, and more importantly, had they really reached the point where they'd started calling their offspring 'Moondog'? When had that happened, had he been there for that ceremony? Not that he was going to implement any type of naming convention but honestly, he had hoped for something a little more uh...respectable.

"Moon dog," he repeated slowly, regarding Sikulu for a long while before extending his own paw to give the fellow lion's a cautious shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you," he continued, ensuring he remembered his manners all the while. Nevertheless, at the mention of the Kizi females he did afford a glance towards them before shaking his head slowly.

"I think I prefer the term eclectic, rather than shaggy," he added gently.

However no sooner had he begun to adjust to the potential for a rather bizarre conversation than Riddle Mouth entered the fray. He pursed his lips, affording a raised brow at the King's words - an expression that only became more pronounced as the king addressed 'Moondog' regarding Ram's requirements. Honestly, it was times like these when Ram wondered if he had the mental capacity and agility to keep up with anyone any more - how was he meant to top or blindside that...?

"I would say it is something I have been considering for some time, yes," he said finally. "Though I am not inclined towards temporary affairs, I do lead by example," he pointed out wryly.

Gene Wilder

Thalion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:44 pm
This is gonna be a slice of swordfish, Sikulu thought smoothly. He felt reassured that his real identity would remain hidden, watertight.

Returning the pawshake with a vigorous exuberance, the male seemed to be testing the king's strength (not to mention tolerance).
"You, too, man," he replied, before their attentions shifted to the females.

As Riddle Mouth explained Ram's... delicate situation, Sikulu couldn't help but bark out a laugh; whoever this guy was, he certainly had a way with words! The male had to stifle his laughter, in case others should turn and stare. He quickly recovered, and offered his own two cents.

"Y'know, gentlemen, I knew this baboon once," he started, not exactly sure where he was going with this. "We go way back. I mean way back! He was like, a guru or something when it came to the ways of the ladies."
Sikulu then took the opportunity to wrap his arms around both kings' shoulders, drawing them in close as he murmured.
"And he told me, 'Moondog, little man, a guy without a mate is like a...' " He paused, trying to think of something. He stared hard at the horizon. 10 seconds of very awkward silence rolled by.
"...I got nothin'."

Thalion

Epine de Rose

Gene Wilder

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:37 am
Farce ||
The male laughed as his dancing partner picked up her paws and another layer of hesitation melted away from her. It was the first time he'd actually partaken in the Mummer's Ball. He wasn't entirely confident in his own dancing, mingling, or story-telling but if one other lion was having a fun with him he must have done something right.

His smile only widened as she commented, her paws growing lighter under her. "Well laughing at me is better than not laughing at all I suppose." He danced lightly from side to side, keeping in time with the beat provided by the nearby mummers."I was born to bring more laughter into the world afterall. Or so... I've been told."

Rennekae

Riddle-Mouth ||
Shandor laughed and gave Ram a rough jab to his shoulder. "My friend, no female will bat an eye at a male with a stick lodged in his backside. Let yourself enjoy the night."He motioned to the dancing figures by the fire. Kizi and Bahari, strangers and friends, rogues and familiar faces all mingled as one in the hot glow of the flames. It was a haunting but beautiful sight. The subtle differences between pride members and non-pride members were cloaked largely by the darkness. Eyes shone in the moonlight, coins and decorations tossed the light, and the sleek forms of lions moved like fireflies in the night.

"I hear there are plenty of single ladies here, eager for a noble king to whisk them away. Let's not disappoint."

Shandor snorted as Moondog jumped in with his own insight. He bobbed a broad shoulder and looked away. "My friend, it's most unwise to take love advice from a monkey...dirty things. Anything that throws the contents of their hind quarters for fun is likely to throw just as much crap out of their mouths."

Epine de Rose

Gene Wilder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:17 am
Paranoia

Paranoia smiled shyly as she felt herself becoming more comfortable around Farce - although she still tensed subconsciously as each new shadow slid past her, some mumbling or nodding greetings, others looking just as uncertain as she was. She tried focusing on the lion in front of her to push away her fear, listening intently to each word. "I can't think of a better purpose in life than bringing joy to others," she commented quietly.

The monochromatic lioness blinked in surprise with the realization that she didn't even know the name of the young male in front of her, and that he probably didn't know hers. Swallowing nervously, her left ear flicking once, she blurted, "My name is Paranoia." Smooth. Real smooth, she thought, a little embarrassed by her total lack of social skills. I guess that's what happens when you spend your life avoiding everyone else. She smiled at Farce, half apologetic and half sheepish.

Thalion

Blood on the Water

Hana'Hofu padded through the gathered lions, offering friendly greetings to her fellow pride mates and more formally polite ones to those she didn't know. As hard as her instincts fought to be defensive, she knew that she needed to be open to the guests - especially as a member of the hosting royal family. Being the Gypsy Queen's daughter could sometimes be a pain; the dark-pelted lioness sometimes found it difficult to control her behavior.

Uncertain of how to speak to these strangers - she thought she might come across more interrogative than curious - Hana settled herself on her haunches near one of the dancing fires and surveyed the crowd, not sure if she hoped to be approached or left alone.

[[ OOC - Looking for a new friend for Hana! Preferably a fling. ;P ]]

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:59 pm
Thalion

Gene Wilder

Ram hadn't been entirely certain of what his expectations might have been for 'Moondog', even when the lion began to talk again, referring to his baboon friend... Granted he had expected something, he just couldn't put his paw on what, and when the lion stalled it couldn't suppress his own amusement. The lion's brow lifted, his lips pursed, and he regarded Moondog with renewed curiosity - now he might not have been 'in' with the kids lately, but he was fairly certain he was being taken for a ride...

"And just what is this baboon's name?" he enquired curiously. "Should I be so inclined as to seek out this guru's advice on such delicate issues," he added and tilted his head to the side, a wry smile eventually beginning to creep across his lips and crease his eyes. It was in those moments that his age would show through, a few 'wrinkles' here and there.

Nevertheless when Shandor made reference to his typically aloof demeanour he did cast a 'scathing' glance towards the fellow king. A small part of him thought he should be affronted, but he quickly reminded himself that this particular pride was more decadent than his own. That...and every now and then he did need to remember that there were some jokes in life, this appeared to be one of them.

"Are you implying that I should shrug off my furs, tie my mane back and don some er...bling?" he enquired smoothly and peered up at Shandor's own attire. "I think such vibrant colours might be more suited to a lioness, they would certainly wear it better," he added with a smirk.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:05 am
Man, this gypsy king. He should've been a comedian! Sikulu couldn't help but laugh again. "Alright, you caught me," he admitted, throwing his paws up in defeat. "He wasn't a baboon, he was a boomslang. But he's totally real, dude! Seriously!"

Sikulu grinned at Ram, but something had changed. He felt his mask beginning to crack, so to speak, and decided he needed to take a moment to compose himself. Being in the presence of two rulers was enough to make anyone wilt. Turning to head off towards where the drinks were being served, he gave a nod to the two males. "My voice is totally blitzed. I'munna go get somethin', see you guys in a sec!"

Before he completely left them, though, Ram's suggestion regarding fashion caught his ears. And he felt something wicked come over him. Sikulu had had some suspicion that the king was beginning to see who he really was. He bounded back to the male, and beamed. "Dude, totally! Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp-lookin' male. Here." He tugged the hibiscus out from his own mane and tucked it into Ram's. It didn't look half bad, either! He then wrapped his arm around the Bahari king's shoulders again, rather obnoxiously, and started leading him towards a few females. "I dunno how well this will fool everyone, though," he started loudly.

As soon as they were out of earshot of Shandor, Sikulu's voice dropped to a dangerous murmur. "Royal blood can never be completely disguised, can it?" And with that, he pranced off to fetch a drink.

Thalion

Epine de Rose

Gene Wilder

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 am
"Oh, you don't look old!" Hiss insisted with a laugh. "So you can't be too old since you look nice and young. Besides, age brings wisdom," she added with a wink. The question made her tilt her head a bit in thought, her tail bobbing back and forth.

"I suppose. I got split up for a while and they went on ahead to the pride, and I just followed their trail, but they were all very kind and I enjoy speaking with them now. And I'm slowly making friends here, so soon I think I'll be able to say we're family. Right now I'm still a bit on the outside of that circle," she admitted, although she didn't seem too upset by that. She was a very optimistic gal!

"What about you?" she pressed, smiling at the Bahari. "Do you have a family back home?"

Lady Kitania

"Staying?" Kicheko said with interest, her ears perking up. She couldn't say she'd want to stay here herself, but it was very nice to visit. Hopefully she could come back every now and then and not just during this ball. The lions here were very interesting...perhaps she'd find a mate over here sometime. While the Bahari were pretty carefree, there was something mysterious and interesting about their gypsy neighbors that made her heart beat a bit faster.

"That sounds like fun," she said with a grin. "I don't know that I'd stay here right now but...these lions are really fun! I'll probably come back a few more times, see if I can make any friends. Although I suppose I could always visit you," she added with a laugh.

Cetus nodded with a hum, an amused look on his face. "I've already met someone that seems to be worth staying for," he said with a little grin. Sunshine was a very interesting female and he certainly didn't mind sticking around even if it was just for her. The waves down on the beach were fantastic, too. Made swimming hard, but they were amazing to watch. On a calm day he still had to teach his new friend how to swim, too.

"You're always welcome to visit. I think I'm going to duck out now, though. This party seems a bit too much for my tastes," he added, standing once again. "Do take care...and perhaps I"ll see you during one of your trips." He gave a little wink and headed off into the woods, seeking out a place to stay for the night

Kicheko laughed softly but nodded, waving goodbye to her now ex-pride mate. She looked around the party a bit but decided she'd be better off coming back at another time. She picked herself up and headed off into the woods as well, blending in for once thanks to the firelight and the leafy shadows. It was a fun pride, but she wasn't sure she'd want to live here. Maybe if she found the right male...but that was for another time.

They weren't the only ones to leave, either. Vodnitvar, after making sure his kids were off and enjoying themselves, took his leave. He'd never been one for parties. Snickerdoodle strolled away as well, his mind filled with a vision that just needed to be painted!

[OOC: Cetus, Kicheko, Vodnitvar, and Snickerdoodle exit stage left. Hiss and Fireheart are still around.]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:54 pm
SilverLutz

He "dodged" his fathers swipe and gave him a coy grin before giving him a respectful gesture in greeting. "I would never forget such a thing!" He said with a coy grin as his emerald eyes flashed mischievously. He almost felt as though it had been too long since he had seen his father, let alone his sisters and brothers.

Rennekae

Nelly had caught her sister off guard and she almost lost her balance with the impact into her but they both remained standing in the end. "I do have to agree with you. There are many faces here I do not know." She glanced around and wondered if this would turn ugly by the end of the night at all. She hoped not, but with so many strangers one could never tell what would happen. Her gaze was averted promptly back to her sister at her comment and she gave her a look and then shook her head slightly. "That would require me to meet someone you know." She said playfully. Meeting males hadn't really been something that had been on her agenda of things to do.

Her gaze averted to their surroundings again and she listened as her sister spoke and then followed her after her sister gave everyone a see you soon nuzzle. "Speaking of cubs. What of you? Any male catch your eye yet?" She teased.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:18 pm
Blood on the Water

Hana's ears twitched at the sound of pawsteps following her. A quick glance out of the corner of turquoise eyes told her it was her sister a couple of heartbeats before she spoke.

"How odd, sister, that I was just thinking of perhaps finding a male tonight. But no. I haven't met anyone interesting yet - certainly not that interesting." Hana smirked and bumped her hip against her sister's, her dark pelt mingling briefly with Nelly's pale coat. As she spoke, she too scanned the crowd before them, wondering if she would find such a male tonight.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:56 pm
Rennekae
Would you like to do some "back dated" cub rps between the two? If you don't want to I totally understand. smile

She chuckled slightly at her sisters words as she was bumped by her sibling. "So you really think you might find one here tonight?" She gazed about wondering if that were possible. It would take quite the male indeed and she almost doubted that someone would be able to snag her up. But with her sister you never really knew. Nelly wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to look for one tonight. Perhaps if someone of interest were to catch her eye that was worthy she maaaay take it into consideration. "How have you been? It seems almost too long since we last spoke."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:38 am
Blood on the Water

Hana smiled, a slow smile that worked its way across her maw with slight discomfort. She had always been set that she wouldn't have cubs; she'd been of the opinion that her rank as Patron would be too dangerous, unsuitable for a mother. It was a little awkward for her to be discussing finding a mate with anyone but herself. This was her sister, however, and she could share anything with her.
"I'm definitely open to it. I don't know if I'll find anyone - I won't pretend I'm not being picky - but I have decided I want cubs and it's easier to search for an ideal donor than an ideal mate." Hana smirked as she finished. She'd always been very particular with her mates, which had prevented anything from going.. well, anywhere. It would be simpler, indeed, to just search for traits she'd like to pass on to her cubs. Personality needn't be a factor.

The burgundy lioness paused at her sister's words, one paw raised midstep. Lowering her paw, she moved closer to Nelly so their flanks were constantly touching as they walked and draped her tail over her sister's hips. "No matter the time between conversations, never doubt that I love you just as much as the last time. I've been busy with patron duties, and extra patrols to do something while I think. You know I get caught up, but you can always come find me."

AstoriaFallen
I'd love to! Even backdated juve and adol rp would be lovely. :3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:49 pm
Farce ||
“My father lives to bring laughter to the world.” He commented with an easy shrug of a shoulder. Turning, the male completed a half-circle around Paranoia, his long tail flicking gently as a dancing ribbon. There was no reason or sense to his movements but somehow that made them all the more fluid, nearly boneless. While much of his littermates sought to be dreamers, he quite happily clung onto his sense and reason. He enjoyed being able to think with clarity and find small moments like this. It was enjoyable, and when he laughed it was true laughter, not the result of a blessing or a curse.

“Paranoia?” He chuckled, “I’m Farce. And no- it’s not a name that’s been well-earned yet.” he waved a paw. “Why did you choose your name, if I may ask? An interesting story I would assume.”

Rennekae

Riddle-Mouth ||
The gypsy king snorted under Ram’s attempt at a scolding glare. It seemed to roll off of his back as easily as morning dew slipped down a gull’s wing. There was little that Ram could do short of a smack to the face that would dampen the mood of the ball. Strangers, friends, neighbors, and young lovers alike gathered to celebrate one another for no other reason than to simply celebrate.

He laughed out loud at poor Ram’s attempt to level himself with the local termology.

“Firstly, Gadje, no one here says “bling”. They are adornments. Trinkets. They grab the eye and the ear, they add a little something to the dance that is the natural gait of a gypsy. Secondly-” he motioned out across the fire. There, dancing in the light of the festival, were several males painted with bright colors. “I think someone is simply jealous. The ladies appreciate the colors that catch their eye. Any lioness enjoys the flair of something colorful beside her, wouldn’t you agree?” He snorted. “I meant that you should try allowing your spine to loosen a little. There are no foes here tonight.”

As Sikulu gave his own input regarding Ram’s appearance followed by a flower, Shandor could only grin wider. His laughs were silent, but his shoulders bobbed and his ribs bounced in his violent attempt not to burst into another fit of laughter. “They do bring out your eyes, lovely.” He teased. “Seems the Bahari have a natural flair for… ‘bling’ themselves.”

Epine de Rose

Gene Wilder

OOC

Sorry for the delay guys! Rp’s hard to get to. ;A; My irl schedule should be settling down a bit in the weeks to come.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:57 am
Rennekae
As soon as I get my RL schedule figured out i'll make time for RPs for sure!!! <3 <3

She couldn't help but chuckle at her sisters words. Well then surely there was a worthy donor here tonight. If not she had no doubts that her sister would find one that would suit her. "I know you're never too busy for me sister. I guess I've been busy of late myself." She said in response to her sisters words. It was true. She had been busy with her own life and she made a note to make sure she made more time for her siblings. Maybe even try and find a mate or even a donor for her own offspring. "How has the patronage duties been?"  
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff