Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Knitting Nonsense (Titus / Riyo) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 pm
Uh, he knew it, there was going to be work involved. The place even smelled old and musty so why had he truly expected there to be something advanced enough to quickly type in a word and be told where to go. "Dewey, whoever the hell they are, can bite my a**."

He followed Riyo since she had an idea of where to go yet again and stood staring in wide eyed bafflement at the wall of books before them. "I don't even know what kind of books I would like." Titus huffed, clearly overwhelmed by the sheer volume of tomes. Really, how did one choose?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:34 am
He only said that because he had no idea how useful it was, she was sure. Besides Titus, how much work are you actually going to be doing when there's someone else there to do it for you?

"Well, what kind of games do you like?" The feline asked and turned down another aisle, eyeing the books on the shelves. "It's probably down here." Somewhere hidden in the DiY books maybe. Her finger slid across the book spines as she searched for the correct area.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:17 am
Well that question was out of the blue but maybe it would be a good distraction while he let Riyo do all the work in trying to find what he needed. "You just like to remind me that I don't have a gaming system right now don't you?" He sighed a bit before he continued. "Action or fighting games are generally what I get the most. There's a new game out called Graveyard Shift that's pretty good. You're a zombie and you have to maim and turn humans without being blasted away." It was rather exciting but Titus did a fair amount of cursing when in multiplayer mode. Someone else was always taking his kill and it was usually some snot nosed brat.

"So what kind of books do you like?" It was a fair trade in questions he supposed.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:02 pm
"Yes." She said immediately, but waited until he was done describing the game to finish her thought. "But I asked because I'm sure I can find a book that appeals to those interests." Whether he would actually read it was up to him.

The feline crouched to look at one of the bottom shelves, pulling a book out only to immediately place it back. "There's not much I don't like. I've read more books than I can count." She said honestly. "But..." Really she could've just told him any old genre. It wasn't like he'd know any better, and it would be less embarrassing than the truth. Oh well. He knew she read them anyways. "I've read a lot of romance novels recently. Mostly because I figured it was something I'd never really experience or understand, so I thought that experiencing it vicariously was better than nothing." Sound reasoning, she felt. "Here." She yanked a book out and offered it up to him. 'Knitting 101' was the title. "I think there's a couple more."

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:39 pm
Titus thought about that for a bit. He wasn't one for reading but if there was a good story involved with lots of action and fighting he might be able to get into it. Part of the things he liked about games, however, was the challenge. The only challenge he would face with a book was getting through it.

"So the smut books are your favorite?" Yes, Titus knew what they were about. he wasn't completely in the dark....all the time.

"Ah!" Titus took the book as it was handed to him. It seemed simple enough though it looked a little old despite being fairly unused. The pages were even yellowed and the illustrations were odd. Something like pencil drawings but at least it was a start. "Of all the things I could have imagined coming to the library for...this was certainly not on the list." He tucked the book Riyo had handed him under his arm and looked at the shelf to see what else there was pulling a rather small and slender volume free to look at.

"Knitting for Morons...." He took offense to that book.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Secretly, he had probably seen right through her clever intellectual ruse. Yes, more than likely, she was some sort of repressed closet pervert.

"There's more to a romance novel than the 'naughty' parts." Riyo defended, shooting Titus the stink eye. "At least the good ones." Or the bad ones, depending on your point of view. "People swear up and down there's more to romance than just the physical stuff." The feline had come to enjoy the many vibrant ways an author could describe the strong emotions one character had for another. Maybe it was because she'd never felt such a thing before, and much like seeing a painting of a place you've never been, you didn't really know just how much the actual place fell short of the painting. Or vice versa.

"Yeah well, It wasn't on mine either." She glanced at the book he'd just pulled out.

"... You should check that out... Just in case." Because it was, more than likely, written just for him.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:35 pm
"Yeah...sure there is." Titus didn't completely believe that but whatever helped Riyo sleep at night. His grin grew as she continued to defend her reading material. Honestly it was rather adorable. "They swear up and down because they don't want to admit they got the book just so they could skim to the good parts." Really he didn't know if people did that....but it was something he would probably do.

Yeah, it was definitely something he would do. Why waste your time with some lack luster story when you knew you only got it for the smut buried like a hidden treasure somewhere in the middle.

The demon cast the feline a look through lidded eyes, his mouth drawn in a frown. Despite that he placed the book with the other one under his arm and kept looking.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:48 pm
Riyo wasn't sure if he was accusing her of skimming or not, but she took it that way. "I don't skim to the 'good parts'!" Air quotes, even though they both knew that's exactly what they were. The good parts. And yes, when a story was extra bad, she had on occasion skipped to the pot of gold at the end of the mediocre rainbow.

It looked like she might have gotten a little flustered. Mostly because she didn't want to admit that some of his points were solid. "It's not like you would know anyways. I don't think you could read one through if it was the last source of erotic material on earth." Riyo huffed as her eyes shot back to the shelves. "Here's a book on knitting little tea cozies. Sounds like it's right up your alley." if he wanted to emasculate himself further, that is.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:49 pm
Titus grinned all the more as she defended herself, picking up another book along the way before placing it back on the shelf. "I didn't say you did." But he was certainly thinking it.

He wasn't paying attention enough to know that the feline was flustered but he did know a vocal jab when he heard one. "I don't know that I could get through a normal book. Reading just doesn't seem that exciting. Why read when I can watch the movie?" Who cared if it was the same or not, if he didn't read the book he would never know.

"Oh joy tea cozies, how did you know?" He asked with sarcasm.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:28 pm
And it was obvious that he was thinking it. Riyo's eyes narrowed as his grin widened.

As Titus dropped the quint essential argument against reading, the demoness grimaced, folding her arms and backing up from the shelves to look at him. "Seriously? Movies are s**t comparatively. They purposefully leave out details to make it short, sweet, and to the point. Moreover, isn't it more enjoyable to imagine the characters as you want? You can conform a story to the mold of your mind!" Riyo's hands made a shape for emphasis. It was obvious she was passionate about the subject.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:05 pm
"How am I to know if they leave out details if I don't read the book. Short, sweet and to the point sounds like a good deal compared to hours of reading." He could tell he had struck a nerve and maybe he enjoyed that fact a little too much.

"I can sit down and watch a two hour movie and have the highlights. Imagination is overrated." Though Titus hadn't expressed his imagination in a long time. It felt like he really didn't know how to so watching a movie was just simple and easy. There wasn't a whole lot of thinking involved.

Picking up another book Titus looked at the cover and put it back though not in the same spot he found it. He was one of those people.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:14 pm
"Well if you like the movie well enough, wouldn't you want to know more details?" Yeah, he was getting a rise out of her, but she didn't care. Riyo knew Titus was lazy but this was ridiculous.

"Imagination is-" Had he really just said that? Grumbling, she grabbed the book he had misplaced and returned it to its spot. Deep breaths ghoul. Deep breaths.

"What if... What if I read a book to you?" It was a hesitant suggestion, but she had made it. The cat ghoul's brow furrowed as she looked up at him. "That'd take out half the work..." It would at least be a start.

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:06 pm
"Knowing more details isn't going to change how the plot turned out." Titus retorted with a shrug.

He was about to pick up another book when Riyo mentioned something odd. "Read to me? Like a scareling?" Now she had gone off her rocker. Titus wasn't some little scareling who needed tucked into bed and read a story in order to go to sleep. Though in truth he didn't know what that was like but he felt like it might be a bigger jab to his pride than he wanted to allow. "Yeah, no."

He pulled the books out from under his arm and gave them a once over. This was already more than he wanted to shift through but it was a start. If it actually helped he couldn't knock it. "I guess these will do."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:40 pm
Riyo rolled her eyes at his continuous stomping on the idea that books were far superior to movies. She was wasting her breath, but his ignorance on the subject made her skin crawl. "But it can, since they often change the ending of the story to fit the director's vision." Which was usually s**t.

"No, not like a scareling." The cat demon defended, her ears folding against her head. "I read a book to Hel before because she didn't want to read it herself. We spent an evening doing that. It was... Fun, I guess." Reading was usually such a solitary activity. It had been refreshing to experience it with someone else.

Riyo rubbed her chin as something devious crossed her mind. "But you know, if you're not man enough to set aside your pride and let me read to you like she is, I guess I understand." She turned away, walking towards the checkout desk in an effort to conceal her grin. "C'mon then. If you're done lets check out the books and go."

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

Inu-Mitsu

Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:04 pm
Normally Titus could not be goaded into doing something he did not want to do. Hearing the fact that Hel had sat down and listened to a story being read to her really wasn't a key point of motivation nor was bringing his manhood into question. The turning point for Titus was the fact that Riyo wasn't going to simply let this go. He had known her to be snarky, quick witted, and sometimes cold but he hadn't seen this level of passion dedicated to something yet. Maybe it was worth looking into.

"Fine," He sighed. "Go pick out something. But nothing stupid! I don't want to listen to three chapters about character A and character B so in love but fate could never bring them together or some crap." So basically no cheesy romance.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff