Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Herbology III (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:55 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:57 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. He wanted to get the lesson started early, considering that there was really nothing he viewed as needing to be reviewed. Then again, he also figured if students needed a refresher or assistance, they could easily find him in Hogsmeade or his office. He wasn't that far away, after all. To one side, there was a pot with a strange, broad-leafed plant nestled within. There were pots located on the tables for the students, and Jason waited until they were all seated before starting his lesson.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back. As I assume that we do not need a refresher from last year, we are going on into this year's subject matters. After this year, you shall go on to Professor Thorne's classes, and I assume that you will have at least mastered the basics of the course. If you have not, then you need to schedule a time with me during the week I am at the school to get assistance. As you will be going to Hogsmeade this year, I expect you will find me at my shop during those weekends. You may also request assistance there, however, I will advise you that some of the plants there are more advanced than your current experience. If you wish to get extra house points, I challenge you to come there and ask for instruction in more advanced plants. I will not turn away students that wish to enrich their learning in that fashion. I will not accept incompetence or assumptions that you do not care about this subject matter. On the contrary, I will be most displeased if any of you manage to get below an Acceptable on your OWLs. Whether you like the class, or me as an instructor is of no consequence. The simple fact remains that you should strive to do your level best in the course, and strive to at least pass this course in your OWLs. After that, should you decide to continue Herbology is up to you. I will state that it is a distinct pleasure to watch something you have cultivated and assisted grow. However, your opinions on the subject may vary, and are of little consequence to me."

The werewolf ended his lecture on that subject with a gesture at the plant to his side. "Now, if you would care to take a look at the plant beside me, you will notice this seems like an ordinary weed. However, I wish to correct you on that assumption. This plant is known as a Puffapod. Puffapods are an annual plant that are a common sight in many wizarding gardens. They are most particular in that their pods, when they make contact with a solid object, burst into bloom. They are the only species of plant known to start their lives out as a flower before they become the plants you see before you now. After they bloom, the remainder of their lifespan is spent germinating new pods. These pods, when used in potions, are highly useful as a fast-acting agent to speed up the brewing process." He looked around the class before continuing. "For the rest of your time today, I would like for you to each plant a Puffapod pod and bury it before it blooms. This process is particularly tricky with the plant's propensity to spontaneously burst, so extra care must be taken in handling your pods. You must be gentle with the plants, as jostling them may invite a premature burst. I will of course monitor your progress, and should you require assistance or need a new pod, you may raise your hand for it."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: New year, same students...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:53 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅲ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅲ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

This was one of the classes Selina genuinely looked forward to. As gruff as the Herbology Master was, she learned much under his tutelage, and she was genuinely saddened to know this would be her last term with him. Knowing she could see him in Hogsmeade was a nice thought, as she wanted to keep touch with him after she went on to her Fourth Year.

The Puffapod she was quite familiar with, a knew what it was when she saw it, as her grandmother had several in her gardens. Selina watched Mother Grey re-pot them a few times (at a safe distance, to be sure), and now it was her turn to give it a try.

Selina started by loading a new pot with fresh soil mixture, leaving a nice hole large enough to accommodate the fat pink seed pod. It was with infinite care, she gently picked it up and slowly moved it toward its new home, knowing one good sneeze could set it off.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Herbology - Thursday @ 8:00am

Grace had never been very sure of Professor Hill however here she was in the last Herbology class she would have with him. Despite how strict a teacher he was, she hadn't thought he was all that bad. So long as you listened, learned, and did things right you had nothing to worry about. Just don't go killing poor defenseless plants really. Smiling to herself as she took a seat, Grace had a feeling they'd jump right in to new material. Honestly she had to like Professor Hill a little just for that reason.

Like always Grace took a seat next to Selina and waited for class to start. Taking out her book and getting ready and when class started, the Ravenclaw was quick to get pay attention. They were dealing with Puffapods today and although they seemed complicated, they really were quite easy so long as you were gentle. Watching carefully she went on to make a decent sized hole before gentle picking up the puffapod and gentle placed it in the pot. Trying her hardest not to squeeze the plant or else it would explode she managed to get it in the pot before covering it up gentle. Luckily there was success and she could breath a sigh of relief after doing it successfully.

User Image

With: Class... Professor Hill, Selina

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:27 pm
User Image
                                                  This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                  No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                  I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                  You're gonna hear my voice
                                                  When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Яє₴ёяvє Cнa₴єя || Tнїяd Уёaя || Gґуffїпdоя

════════════════════════

Joel made a face as he entered the greenhouse, seeing the crotchety man who had become Joel's bane in this class. He sucked at Herbology, and he wasn't sure, but he was certain that it was easily due to the fact that the professor was just that mean-spirited and nasty. Nevertheless, he took a seat and listened to the professor go on about his shop in Hogsmeade and that this was his last year teaching them. Well, Joel could be glad for that, since he might actually do better under a professor that wasn't about to eat him.

When he heard about the assignment, he sighed and grabbed a pot, not really caring at this point that he might be a bit too rough, and grabbed for a puffapod. Immediately it exploded in his hand into bloom and Joel made a face. Great... He went to get a second one, trying to be more gentle this time around and found it, too, exploded in his grasp. He huffed and sat back, a sour look on his face as he regarded the two plants that he just decided to dump into the pot to avoid them dying on him.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: I just failed this class...
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Scrum

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                  For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                  Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                  Luck ain't even lucky
                                                  Got to make your own breaks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:17 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <3rd Year>
Time: 2030-2031
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Lola loved herbology, she couldn't help it, it was in her nature. And as for the Professor, she never saw him as all that scary or problematic. It might have been that since herbology came so easy to her she wasn't really worried about his threats to turn them into food for a flesh eating plant would come her way. She smiled as he introduced puffapods. Replanting was simple. Even with puffapods: you just had to be gentle. Or it was simple for her. She began to work, humming and replanted one of the puffapods, and was carefully covering it with dirt when she looked up to see a mini commotion by one of the Gryffindors. Joel she was pretty sure his name was. She stared at him rushing to plant the puffapods in horror. He was so harsh.

"Joel right?" She said speaking up to him, her voice urgent. "Umm... do you need some help? You know they are only babies right? You wouldn't be that rough with a kitten, or puppy, or even a human baby, why do you think it is good to be that quick with a baby puffapod? You got to be gentle and soothing, make her feel safe." She demonstrated the gentle movement she had made with the previous puffapod planting another. "See?" She asked, hoping he understood it and she saved him from the wrath of Professor Hill. Not everyone was naturals in the garden, surely Professor Hill understood and maybe if someone helped Joel before the professor got there and noticed it would save Joel some from the man's wrath... she didn't want to see Professor Hill go off on any of her classmates to be honest. She didn't think it would fare well for the rest of them, not just the classmate that the focus of the wrath was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:40 am
All the way from where we came, built a mansion in a day;
Distant lightning, thunder claps, watch our neighbor's house collapse.
Looked the other way, and then the storm was overhead!
In the absence of a breeze, scatter what remains!
Every warning we ignored, drifting in from distant shores...
The wind presents a change of course; a second reckoning of sorts.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinThird YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio couldn't stand Herbology, mostly because she was horrible at it. Plants didn't care for her; it wasn't her fault. And the professor hardly made things any easier. Would it kill him to not look like he was contemplating murdering them all for five minutes? She couldn't wait for Professor Thorne, was guaranteed to be nice; she was the Hufflepuff Head, after all. Great. She was going to have to kill herself studying to manage an A on this OWL. She picked up a puffapod like it was an expensive glass vase, and held her breath, looking like she was in pain as she moved it into a pot. If this blew up in her face...

OOC:
Username

We were wasted waiting for a comedown of revolving doors!
Fate, don't fail me now, and when the days that followed past...
In another mansion built to last; from our window we could see-
Only possibilities down the road and back!
Auctioned off our memories; in the absence of a breeze;
Scatter what remains, fate, don't fail me now!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
тнιя∂ уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ℓєт'ѕ нι∂є συяѕєℓνєѕ fяσм єνєяуσиє
נυѕт тαкє му нαи∂ αи∂ ωє ¢αи яυи

αѕ мσмєитѕ fяєєzє ℓєт'ѕ мαкє вєℓιєνє
ωє'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє fσяєνєя уσυиg

ѕσσи тнє иιgнт ωιℓℓ ¢σмє, συя ѕιℓнσυєттєѕ ιи тнє ѕєттιиg ѕυи

Ceri walked into the classroom in the green houses, looking forward to the Herbology class. The Professor seemed scary on the outside, but he was masking something and his love for plants showed it. Ceri saw the good in him, despite his exterior. Maybe one day she'd voice that opinion. She sat with Selina and Grace, taking out her notebook even before Professor Hill started speaking. And she was right, when he started teaching on the first day. Good thing she'd predicted this and brought her equipment. She listened to the lesson, taking exquisite notes. When he mentioned Hogsmeade, Ceri breathed a sigh of relief that she'd tricked her stepmonster into signing the papers that would let her go. When it came time to actually do it, Ceri slipped on her gloves. She made a nice little hole in the dirt for the new pod. The she carefully extracted the pod, cradling it gently as she moved it to the new pot. When it was placed in the hole, she carefully put the dirt in, smiling when she successfully transplanted the pod.

ι fєєℓ тнє нєαт, тнє ѕυммєя ѕ¢єиє
ℓιкє ѕтαи∂ιиg ιи α ℓινιиg ∂яєαм
ℓιкє fℓαѕнιиg ℓιgнтѕ fяσм мσνιє ѕ¢яєєиѕ

тнιѕ fєєℓѕ ѕσ яιgнт ι ¢αи'т вєℓιєνє
ωє ѕιт ѕσ ѕтιℓℓ, ѕσ ¢ℓσѕє, ѕσ иєαя

тнєѕє нєαятѕ ωιℓℓ ωανє ѕσ ℓσυ∂ αи∂ ¢ℓєαя
ℓєт'ѕ ¢ℓσѕє συя єуєѕ αи∂ ∂ιѕαρρєαя.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:23 am
And the people went into their hide...
From the start they didn't know exactly why-
Winter came and made it so all look alike, look alike;
Underneath the grass would grow, aiming at the sky.
It was swift, it was just, another wave of a miracle...
But no one, nothing at all would go for the kill!
If they called one very soul in the land on the move-
Only then would they know a blessing in disguise.

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωтнıяđ чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti still felt distinctly uneasy in Herbology, what with Professor Hill being Professor Hill and all, but she was very good at it. She took detailed notes, brow furrowed in concentration underneath her thick bangs, before sliding on her glove and digging a small hole in the pot filled with dirt. She slowly lifted the pod, biting down on her lower lip as she repotted it, surrounding it with dirt. It was just like carrying an expensive trinket at home; drop it and you die.

OOC:
Username

The curse ruled from the underground down by the shore...
And their hope grew with a hunger to live unlike before!
The curse ruled from the underground down by the shore...
And their hope grew with a hunger to live unlike before!
Tell me now of the very souls that look alike, look alike;
Do you know the stranglehold covering their eyes?
If I call on every soul in the land on the move-
Tell me if I'll ever know a blessing in disguise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:41 pm
User Image

User Image

Third Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser

Devonte walked into the greenhouse for Herbology--a rare occasion for him--and took a seat near the back. He hadn't seen anyone he'd even consider sitting next to in this class just yet, so he laid his materials out on the desk and glanced up to see Lola with.. Powell? Why? Not that he cared, of course he didn't. Why would he? He turned away almost immediately and got to work planting the Puffapods they were given.

He couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy, but really, that made no sense. He didn't care about Lola, or who she talked to.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:50 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason crossed his arms as he leaned up against the table behind him, waiting for students to file into the classroom. On the table, as well as other tables in the classroom, was a pot with a plant inside. The plant had several leaves shooting up from its base, while a couple of black stems grew from its base, a white flower crowning each. The plant itself was with several others of its kind in the pot, and looked to be thriving.

As the last of the students filed in., Jason gave his customary wave of his wand and the doors closed and locked behind them. He then stood straight as he observed the class.
                                                      "Welcome back to class. Last lesson we did a unit on Puffapods, while this lesson we will focus on another plant with magical properties. More specifically, very powerful magical properties that involve removing dark enchantments. Ironically, this plant is found in muggle mythology as something that helped an ancient Greek hero overcome a dark witch's enchantments. I am of course referring to the tale of Odysseus and his encounter with Circe, and the plant known as Moly. This plant was lost to muggle knowledge, however that is due more to the efforts of hiding its existence since the Statute of Secrecy was put into place.

"Moly is a plant that when you've consumed its flower, counteracts a wide variety of enchantments. This ability makes it invaluable in not only treating people afflicted, but also in potion making. It is useful in numerous potions, most notably in the Wiggenweld potion. Its bulb and leaves are completely useless, however the stems and flowers of the plant are used. Because of its versatility, it is highly valuable."

The werewolf gestured to the plants before the students. "For your assignment today, we are going to trim, separate, and repot these molys. As always, two to a pot. You are to trim the flowers and stems off of these plants, and then come up here for a few pots. Then your task is to separate the plants into their own pots and fertilize them. Please also look at the condition and size of each moly you handle. If it seems sickly, please separate it from the others and place it off to the side for me to care for. ANy immature plants, as in, small and without their flowers and stems are to remain in the first pot to be allowed to mature. If you do not know how to do this simple task, then you have not been paying attention to class. You will please refrain from touching the plants and instead observe the other students doing their tasks." He then settled back to observe the class, on occasion standing and walking amongst the students as they worked.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: There shouldn't be incompetents in this class...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:58 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅲ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅲ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina paid close attention to Professor Hill as he explained the assignment, briefly thinking on the story of Odysseus, as she recalled reading the tale for a paper she wrote at her old school. She was one of the first to get up to collect a pot full of Moly to repot, and looked about, in hopes she could partner up with somebody, as she didn't think it right to hog a pot all to herself.

Upon returning to her workspace, she started carefully examining the plants before doing anything else. Already she'd placed her tools out for the task, and donned an apron. She quickly spotted an immature specimen among the half-dozen crammed into the pot she had, as well as a sickly looking plant she knew to leave to Professor Hill's tender ministrations. Once she did this, she gathered additional pots, fertilizer, and soil, and then started in on her task, softly humming a happy tune to herself...

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:28 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Herbology - Thursday @ 8:00am

Herbology had to be one of the easiest classes so long as you paid attention. Grace paid attention, took detailed notes and looked over her plants before doing anything else. She didn't find what they needed to do overly hard. "This doesn't seem overly difficult." she said to herself as she got to work looking over the plants. With a smile, Grace had all her tools laid out as she trimmed the appropriate plants. Next came the repotting and separating them into their own pots. Grace was actually happy to be in Herbology class and didn't mind the manual labour.

User Image

With: Class... Professor Hill

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:23 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]