Submit

Do videogames teach you anything
  yes
  no
  maybe
View Results

Isawa Tadaka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:52 am
If approach by someone with thier own theme music, attack until they blink red, then one more attack and you're ok.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:53 am
Chocobo's are the most durable creature's in existense. (Except for in FF Tactics)  

Isawa Tadaka

Isawa Tadaka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:55 am
In Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario whoops a** nine times out of ten.

Dr. Mario whoops a** ten out of ten.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:11 pm
I actually have learned something from a video game, but it wasn't a Nintendo game, I'm afraid.

In the orginal Metal Gear Solid for the PSX, if you equip the cigarettes and call the gene therapist, she'll tell you the harmful effects of smoking on the genetic level.

I actually put all of that text to paper in a report I had to do for health class.

He was very impressed with information I had; little did he know that I got it from a video game. cool  

D000M

_CFTM
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:40 am
It's great when you can incorporate video games into an assignment. It just makes the assignment more fun. xd

Last year, I wrote an essay about video game music. I don't think I was marked too well, since I don't think I proved my point, but I had lots of fun writing it.

I've learned that defense attorneys love to point. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:40 pm
-_-; *hears the bar-ump-bump-bump drumbeat*

Let's see... When you're fighting a mighty evil, you can go for weeks, months, or years without eating a thing!  

Edymion
Captain

_CFTM
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:39 am
And without going to the washroom. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:27 pm
1. you can eat meat you find on the ground, as long as you touch it before it disappears
2. some mushrooms make you feel bigger than life, while other ones just kill you or make you walk backwards
3. just like in the movies, a fall from a high place kills giant monkeys
4. you may save your girlfriend from a fire breathing dinosaur all you want... your evil clone just wants to get rich
5. calling yourself by another name just makes things harder
6. characters from horror movies aren't nearly as scary in video games as they are in real life
7. you can hit your friend in the head with a lead pipe without knocking it off his shoulders
8. games made about bad movies do not make the movies better
9. super heroes can only do half the crap they are capable of in a video game
10. no matter how many times you've seen it, played it, jumped over it, jumped on it, or thown it against a wall, a good game still kills an afternoon  

Nemo Phoenix

O.G. Noob

Kaumodaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:58 pm
I've actually learned vocabulary from video games.
My mom says I'm weird. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:17 pm
I learn a lot from video games...such as how to draw better xd and I agree, vocab is often most of what I learn...  

Zakugara

_CFTM
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:23 pm
Wow, I didn't even think of vocabulary. That is quite true. My favourite word that I learned from video games is "zephyr" from Final Fantasy VI. It means "a soft, gentle breeze" or the God of wind XD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:42 pm
Ocarina of Time actually helped me learn to read.  

Khale Demos

Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces