Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
Star Wars Lego Sets Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you Lego?
  yeah
  no, those are for kids
View Results

strider 195

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:46 pm
Hey has anyone of you guys heard about this huge-a** star destoryer made of lego's?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:13 pm
I wish I still had all my legos. I think I'll start collecting them again, now that I'm having my own income. Though this isn't Star wars though, I did make a scale model of Jim Raynor's Vulture from Starcraft. Looked friggen awesome. Even had a pair of missile launchers.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:47 am
That's pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:11 am
strider 195
Hey has anyone of you guys heard about this huge-a** star destoryer made of lego's?

As in the Venator class - or was it Acclamator? - SD as seen at the beginning of Episode Three?
Yeah. I once saw a one-of-a-kind variant being rather large, and selling for thousands on eBay. $_$ I assume that's what you speak of?  

AFK Masturbating

elvisnake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:47 pm
I saw one in a LEGO magazine just this afternoon. It's more than a foot long, so I'm not sure if it qualifies as 'huge a**' enough for you. I want to get it though, as well as the RotJ Skiff scene set.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:11 pm
The one I saw was about 7 or 8 feet long, and had thousands of bricks. ^^ And said to weigh about 100 some odd pounds.

And, a skiff scene set, you say? ^^ Interesting.  

AFK Masturbating

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:38 am
Yeah, it was pretty cool. It had beginning of RotJ era Luke, Leia (In bikini), Han, Lando, a Gamorrean Guard, Boba Fett, Jabba, R2, 3P0, the Sarlaac, and the skiffs themselves. I want to get it soo bad...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:32 am
i remember the star destroyer set sold for a limited time, with thousands of pieces, i think it was like 1.5 feet long, or maybe more. i really wanted that millenium falcon though.

seriously, i prefer making my own lego models to the ones in the instructions. especially cause the star wars models have things labeled on the ships where they aren't supposed to be. missile launchers coming out of engine arrays and such. i remember building an AT-ST when i was 8 or so, and it didn't look much different from the one they released X3

i also did a B-wing.. and i used the winch that had real string, and i'd use it to pull the wings up... i can't remember if i did any more star wars ones.

i don't really 'play' with them anymore, per se. i just keep them next to my desk and go back and fiddle with them when i feel like doing so. i built a military base a while ago, with barracks, mess, comm array, and bays, and little robot guys to go around doing busywork.

i built a tank based heavily off the M1A1 Abrams, except it's mostly black and white, and the front armor flips up to reveal a winch and hook inside, and if you bother to take the whole top off, you'll see 3 people (sitting rather comfortably) and a huge engine in the back.

made a fighter, which is a little over 13 inches long. 's got 3 engines and 3 corresponding intakes, double cannons on either side of the cockpit, folding fins on the back, and an otherwise totally flat top of the fuselage (feviation of only 1 flat-pice-height). plus it holds up to 12 removable "missiles" and has a large cannon pod under the nose.

the most space-ey thing i made was a troop carrier, the shape of which is very hard to describe. i used some of the most odd and unweildy pieces i had (if you remember the robot and alien lego sets) and many parts of it flip open. it can accomodate several lego menand has 2 weapon bubbles where gunners remotely control the ship's guns... the ship can also be opened up and converted to carry a mech i built and a couple of its weapons.

the mech is basically downsized from huge ones i used to build from technic and lego sets, which had huge weapons, and lots of them, and didn't move very well (but they did move!!). it's gone from over a foot tall to the uncommanding height of 6 inches. it's almost totally modular, and i switch out arms all the time, and i made a pistol, a machine gun, a laser sword, and a laser rifle for it.

i also made an 'experimental' heavy laser cannon on a rotating base that can be mounted on any of the aforementioned vehicles (with the exception of the troop carrier).

^_______^ i love legos.  

Nospai Deathous

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 pm
That sounds really neat, Nospai! ^^

When I was 12 or so, I practically begged my old folks to get me all the lego space playset thingy-dooders. I originally wanted to get the medieval castle ones, but alas, the store didn't have them at the time. Imagine the wacky hybrids my imagination would have concocted! xd
Don't know how many folks here are also into the Space Odyssey stuff, but one time, my imagination implored me to fashion a lego replica of the USS Discovery interior, complete with the HAL 9000 and the hibernation things - there's probably a correct word for it, but alas, I'm having a brain fart. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:30 pm
cryogenisis pods? that's pretty awesome. i dunno how, but i got one lego vehicle from a pretty old space set, it had some awesome pieces. i got some medieval ones too, with dragons and castles and wizard guys... good stuff.  

Nospai Deathous

Theris Faan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:12 pm
Legos=awesome

One of my brothers built the Mil Falcon and the Star Trek Enterprise once. THey were pretty cool. not the right colors or anything, but still cool. It hink they're still around somewhere.

By the way, Disney World sells plushie Ewoks <3 I got one as a gift from my dearly beloved and saw them later at Disney World. I almost bought another one just for the heck of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:12 am
i stil have an old star wars t-shirt from disneyland. it's the rattiest thing i own, and i would never wear it due to the number of holes, but i'mma never get rid of it xD  

Nospai Deathous

Spartan05089234

Unbeatable Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:55 pm
I'm almost 14 and I still love SW Lego. I have tons of it. Way too much really.
The only one I need to complete my collection is the new Star Destroyer.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:11 am
They just came out with a Lego Star Destroyer! I want! gonk

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=6211&cn=240&d=322

That one has all kinds of neat odds and ends, but is no where near built-to-scale or canonical; Darth Vader's chamber, for example, is on the Executor.

This one, however, is much more authentic

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10030&cn=416&d=322

And here's the Death Star with a SCALE Star Destroyer

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10143&cn=416&d=322  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Apotheis

Beloved Prophet

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:14 am
Dude, I am buying that new Slave I, and I still have the older version of it...It's pretty dusty though  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff