Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:18 am
"Hey."

A hand came down on her shoulder.

"Don't p***y out now," Jack said, only able to maintain calm because they had not immediately died in the vacuum of space. "Kind of ruins the charging in image." Not that he was sure there was an exit.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:34 am
Alg smiled and chuckled slightly at his husband, simply squeezing him as a sign that he wasn't really going anywhere. Any closer look at the books revealed they were unreadable to him, which wasn't going to do any good really.

His next instinct was to look out for others, key faces registered to make sure they were all right. Especially those who were new at this, dragged into these situations too soon, like Nathaniel and Kaleb.. He saw Chester as well and gave him a nod. Zac was there too and seemed equally impressed with the library.

One by one more people appeared and his inner teacher cried out for a head count. He spoke aloud for anyone who cared to hear or check, "Has everyone made it through?"

azuredreams

professor says this field trip needs a head count

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:24 pm
Jeremiah just gave Algie a squeeze (no, not letting go, thanks), letting him handle a head count.

Mostly because, you know, still handling the heavy book for the young woman to take back.

It looked as if most of the people had jumped in but considering this was a sight more together than what they had left ...

Still, the talk of fixing the Veil was something and part of him had to wonder ...

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:29 pm
Lily floated down idly, typing away at her phone. What had started out as terror when she'd allowed herself to fall away into nothingness had quickly devolved into bored snapchatting as she floated through the abyss, keeping a sense of humor to keep herself off the edge of a full-blown panic. Her feet touched the ground softly, and she glanced around, mildly surprised to see everyone here.

"So...apocalypse cancelled?" She asked to no one in particular, tapping at her screen. This didn't look like anywhere she'd been before, but then again, she hadn't even been to every wing of Blackfriar's, so she wasn't too tripped up about it.

The next time she got cell service, all of her snapchat friends would be getting a nice little story about her journey thusfar.  

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:13 pm
Chel shoved his hand off. "Th' ********- m'not bein' a p***y m'just lookin' fer a way out t'figure out where the hell we are. Everyone else is already swarmin' that person."

Chel gestured to their mysterious figure and then looked back at Jack. "******** you, man."

medigel
[bee and puppycat voice]: dont tell me what ta doooOo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:31 pm
"That's what they're asking right now," he pointed out, now pocketing his hands. "Just joking anyway. That thing said you'd all die if we didn't go in."  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:44 pm
The woman takes the book from Jeremiah and adds it back to her pile. "I'm Sunday," she says, "and I think what you need to do is stop it." That's not clever, nor funny, and she seems to realize this because she winces, and hurries to continue. "There's three tears in the veil. They're letting power flow too strongly into the cage, and I'd imagine that's uncomfortable for people like you. Fixing the veil would also mean fixing Sunny, since the problem isn't really... her.

"You're in my home. Or, a conceptualized version of my home created by the sigil." She points to it where it rests, in pendant form, against Shun's chest. "And the cage represented by it. Technically speaking, none of this is real. That's why you can't read the books."

She sets the books on an end table. "That door leads out to the collected experiences of everyone who's ever contributed their power to the veil," she says, "a place where people who occupy the same niche in the story as you are memorialized, and continue to live. With the deaths of the triad anchoring the cage, I'd imagine there's some pretty significant warping in the weave of the world."

Sunday folds her hands in her lap. "I'll need volunteers to remain behind and keep the path back open for you. It wouldn't do to save the world and have no way to get back to it."

Quote:
Moderator characters, this is where you step out. :>

Blade Kuroda

iStoleYurVamps

Smerdle

Cibarium

Kolina

PeanutButterPies

Prolixity

Saedusk

Melancholies

Daekie

Lizbot

KitsuneAura

The Semblance of Unity

ephebe

Endejester

Amitotic

quite uneventful

Chickadee

Micillia

medigel

MoonRazor

StarSpaceCase

Seussi

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:03 pm
Jeremiah inclines his head towards Sunday. The name is familiar and-

Sunday Shore? His mind is still a little scrambled after that run in with Sunny above (he thinks above because they have fallen). "That would explain the ..." Jeremiah shook his head. Everything that had happened, the pulse of magic that seemed to be leaking out everywhere.

"I'll stay," he speaks to Sunday, looking towards Algie and smiling briefly. "Just tell me what needs to be done."

There's other questions, but others can get to that.

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:08 pm
"What a convenient unfolding of events," Eve chose to idly observe. She had a hand out available for Ashton to hold, if she needed it.

daekie
:33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:19 pm
Shun furrowed his brow as Sunday began to explain things, though he just stared at her with her initial response of 'fix the tears'. That wasn't helpful. Thankfully, she elaborated beyond that. Three tears that needed to be fixed, and then some had to stay behind to keep the door open. They were going to need to split up a bit.

"What becomes of the cage once the veil is fixed?" he asked. If that somehow set the cage back in place, they would practically be set back to square one. The deaths of the teens would be pointless. Adolle and Heliodora's sacrifices would have been for nothing. That said, not fixing the veil was out of the question. He also wasn't really certain what she meant by what was beyond the door.

"And for that matter, how do we repair the tears once we go through the door?"

It couldn't be as simple as stitching something together. Something would need to be done.

Shibrogane

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:31 pm
Alg looked at Jeremiah, with a bit of an unreadable expression, and nodded. If there was some role to play here, he could do it as well.

"I'll stay also," Alg of course wouldn't mind existing in the fantasy realm of books, no matter how imaginary it was.

Besides a job that didn't involve him running about fighting things or doing chores for others, like usually happened, sounded a bit more his speed.

azuredreams

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:32 pm
Ashton didn't take Eve's hand, but she did give Eve a glance to let the older woman know the offer was appreciated. It was just that, with her bearings more in place, Ashton was really not a very touchy-feely person.

Also, after trying to stay out of magic as much she could aside from her monthly Pack meetings, this was hardly the most pleasant situation.
cibarium

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:05 pm
Nathaniel finally managed to tear his gaze away from the sea of books and turn his attention back to Sunday and the matter at hand. He reached out and patted Kaleb in a friendly, "well-here-we-go-again" sort of way, flashed him an easygoing smile, then slid up to where the Mercers stood.

"I'll stay as well," he said mildly, sliding hands into the pockets of his pants. "Besides, these two need someone to make sure they're not stealing books," Nathaniel added blithely, with a pointed look at Algernon.

He's watching you, Algernon.

grey dragon

azuredreams

iloveyoudie

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:08 pm
"I'll have you know," Jeremiah looks to Nathaniel, "that I'm a fine, upstanding pillar of the community." He is, after all, Chief of Police.

"... but it's probably best to keep an eye on Alg, just in case," he says very quietly with an amused twitch of lips and a nudge of his hip into his husbands because he was-

Well, there was no better place for banter than when things were at their worst but heading towards better.

Hopefully.

kuropeco

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:25 pm
Shun glanced over at the two Mercers, as they both volunteered to stay behind. Well, he knew he could count on them to ensure the door remained open. And if anything went horribly wrong, they may still be able to do something from this side.

He stepped over to the two.

"I trust the task will be in good hands, then," he nodded. Trust was not a word he often used.

Azuredreams
iloveyoudie

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas