[PRP] Paint it Black [Chel/Shun] [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:44 am
By the time Chel had returned, Shun was in his questionable attire made from the late 60's. He still had his modern jeans, but he had a tie-dye bright a** yellow, blue, and green shirt on. Turning towards Chel as she came in, he tilted his head at the old fashioned leather jacket she presented to him. Well. Old fashioned to him, anyway.

He took this and looked it over quietly, then went on to try it on. It fit well enough, and it helped hide the atrocious shirt he had.

"Thank you..." he uttered.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:48 am
While Shun put on the leather jacket, Chel took her time changing into her own hideous get up. Baggy shirt with a baggy overshirt and some ugly looking jeans. All in all, Chel didn't look bad since she had a wiry kind of lankiness to her that tended to make baggy clothing look good, but neither did she look herself.

That was the point though, she supposed.

"Nice tie by the way." She adjusted some of her clothing a bit before finding a place to sit and pulling out the guy's wallet to thumb through. She wasn't actually sure what all was in here.

"So what's our plan? Just walk around 'til we find another hole in the ground?"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:30 pm
Shun shook his head at her, "I do not think the tear is a physical hole like the one we saw in our world. Sunday mentioned it was a memory... We may be seeking out a someone rather than a something."

He furrowed his brow and folded his arms over his chest, thinking.

"We do need to keep a look out for anything odd, though. We may need to try and speak with some of the locals, depending on what we pick up. We just need to find some sort of lead first to know what it is we need to ask, as well as who to speak with."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:34 pm
"Yer the copper," she said, looking at him. "Where d'we even start findin' leads? F'we just talk t'people we're gonna end up like that guy on the street screamin' 'bout the end times."

She didn't mean to sound pessimistic, she was just tired of trusting in the magical. She wanted Shun's plan: she wanted the normal person not his magical instinct on the matter.

"We also gotta consider ... might be us makin' the memory. Why else would we be sent back here, y'know?" Timelines being what they were ... it might have been a paradox in the making.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:41 pm
"We can start by asking some people about recent events. Say we are new in town or some s**t like that. Stopping by places such as the Shore manor... if it exists, may also have something we can work with."

Letting out a breath, Shun started to make his way out of the motel room.

"It may not amount to much, but we have to start somewhere."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:50 pm
Chel stood up to follow him, unsure what she'd do in the room by herself anyways. At the very least she pocketed the wallet and decided to think on it.

"Alright. Won't ask you not t'do stupid things 'cause I couldn't stop you anyways, but ... don't leave me behind, alright?"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 pm
Shun paused as he glanced over his shoulder.

"Do you plan on tailing me the entire time we are here?" he asked.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:59 pm
She rolled her eyes. "Yer nice t'look at from behind but I ain't that clingy."

"M'just sayin' don't leave me out of things like y'always do. We're in this together an' that s**t."

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:09 pm
"No promises. Some things are better done alone," he stated as he continued to head on outside.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:17 pm
Chel really wished she had her finger guns right now. Shun's head was looking like an amazing target.

"Least some things don't change," she muttered.

iloveyoudie
blade told me to quote you

kuropeco

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:27 am
Outside their hotel a newspaper stand seemed to be a hub of communication. The aging proprietor had a small portable radio on and several men leaned and stood around, flipping through magazines, reading papers, and listening to the local and national news.

Walter Cronkite's voice informed them all of the growing Soviet threat, the nuclear clock sitting at 10 minutes to midnight, and several men rubbed their jaws and shook their head as they discussed amongst themselves.

A thin young man in horn rimmed glasses turned a newspaper over in his hands, muttered 'Bloody Christ', and took a step back jostling into Shun before turning with apologies just as the radio broadcast turned to commercials.

"So sorry!" His accent was English, though odd and diluted, but his voice was somehow familiar even without the rough gravel of age. He was thin, dressed in a questionable shade of green polyester, and barely out of his twenties. Very green eyes blinked at Shun and his odd companion. In fact, Chel got a lingering look (mostly her hair color did).

The radio blared an spoken advertisement for local events, "COME TO THE BEACH FOR PEACE!! CONCERT AT ASHDOWN BEACH! This is not a protest! Just a gathering of like minds!"

The young man smiled, a familiar crooked smirk, and very blatantly motioned to Chel's dyed hair and more sweepingly the leather jacket the other wore that marked him possibly a dangerous type, "Must be here for the concert?"

blade kuroda

chiickadee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:42 am
Shun glanced over at the little radio hub not too far off, tilting his head as he overheard a few of the things. This was the cold war era alright. He lingered just a little longer in case some of note would be said, but a young man ended up bumping right into him.

"Watch where you are going," he grunted.

Pausing, he looked over the seemingly British man before him. He was familiar. Very familiar. It was a little strange to be seeing Algernon so young, but it was also a surprise to him. Alg may be kind of old, but there was no way that he was old enough to have been a young man in 1969.

His gaze flicked over to the radio, hearing the ad blaring out.

"Something like that. You going?"

iloveyoudie
Chiickadee

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:59 am
Chel looked at the man with a sneer. "Ain't yer mom tell you it ain't nice t'stare?" Pink hair meant she was used to staring, but it didn't mean she wanted some stranger gawking. At the moment she hadn't recognized the person as Algernon; she'd only met the older version once or twice in dire circumstances after all.

She thought the concert was worth considering. She liked concerts and would probably fit in there better than anywhere else.

She let Shun deal with it for now, instead listening in to the conversation at the news stand.

iloveyoudie

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:40 am
"Pardon me," He blinked in surprise, not aware he'd been offensive in anyway, "I just wasn't aware the carnies came for the concert either. My apologies." He was being genuine. She had to be some sort of carnival performer with hair that color. It wasn't a thing, not even with hippies.

Turning to the stranger in leather he snorted and pushed his glasses up, "My friend'll have my head if I don't. Seems like it'll be the only thing to do anyway. The local band is fairly decent."

The student then paused, checked his watch, and seemed to fluster. "Pardon me! I've got to get to class. Maybe I'll see you both at the concert.." They were given a momentary glance again, like he was registering them away in his mind, a polite smile and the newspaper was folded and tucked under his arm before he was loping off in the opposite direction.

chiickadee

blade kuroda

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:46 am
Shun furrowed his brow as Alg called Chel a carnie. He supposed the hair stood out exceptionally during this time but still.

He did tilt his head at the mention of a friend. Jeremiah, perhaps?

The detective nodded once to Alg as he started to head on off, then glanced over to Chel.

"Okay, that is ******** weird. There is no way Algernon is old enough to be a college student during the late sixties," he commented quietly, once the no-longer-older-man was out of earshot, "Something else is going on here."

Maybe Alg was the tear. That would be... something.

Chiickadee

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces