[1922 ORP] this rough magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:04 am
"Preacher it is, miss. Cortana only listens when I tell 'er to. And we can do a-right many things. But, like I mentioned afore, most of it ain't so flashy." She tugged the brim of her cap in a show of modesty. Holy ******** s**t what was she getting herself into? She definitely could not do magic, what little stuff she'd learned did nothing here. The lady was suitably impressed though, and they'd been talking about that thing, yeah?

"Then again, most of tha useful stuff looks mundane after all, don't it?"

medigel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:30 pm
Alexis nods, eyes glittering. "Don't worry -- I don't show it off to jus' anyone. You're a special case, yeah? Now head back to your lady friend, she looks lonely." Fine control like that is more exhausting than it looks -- they know the power's more suited to redirecting torrents and blunt force assaults. Little tricks where it never touches a thing, well...it's like any muscle, yeah? They'll build it up bit by bit. Again. (Or not again. As they haven't done yet? It's weird. Time travel's weird.)

"Actually, one more thing -- we allowed to bring tagalongs?"

azuredreams
yay blackfriars party

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:35 pm
"My lady friend can handle herself," he replies, lips twitching once more but then pauses at the mention of tagalongs.

"You wanting to bring someone else with you?" he asks, eyebrow arched. "Just one other?"

Daekie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:13 pm
"Yeah," Alexis shrugs, unbothered, their hands in their pockets. "Prob'ly her -" a motion of the head over at Veronica, again - "but if she gets her own ticket, I know people that'd kill t'go. I wouldn't bring anyone that'd make trouble, don't worry about it."

Probably Preacher, if she didn't get her own ticket, but that was only because Alexis saw themself in her more than they would have assumed. It was like a glimpse into five years ago, and they couldn't help but be amused. And if she did too -- well. It wasn't like there weren't all the other 2016 castaways who should probably be there.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:20 pm
Kiel's gaze is measuring on Alexis. "No, I don't suspect you would." Then he looks towards Veronica and calls out, "Oi! I know you were listening in earlier, so bring yourself over here a moment!"

Daekie

quite uneventful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:45 pm
There were a couple of people who looked familiar in the square, but only one who he sort of knew; Jordan paused on his way through the square as he spotted Preacher. He'd seen a couple of faces so far that he thought belonged to people he'd seen in the library, but he hadn't stopped to talk to any of them. After all, he'd sound absolutely crazy if he was wrong. Preacher, though, he knew.

However, she was currently busy talking to someone -- wait, Jordan thought, his eyebrows going up. Was that her phone in her hand? He had his in his pocket, not quite willing to relinquish that last tie with his own time, but he certainly hadn't shown it to anyone. He altered his course to pass closer to them, slowing his pace, shamelessly intending on eavesdropping.

The Semblance of Unity

medigel

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:16 pm
"It does," Marlene agreed, perhaps with a little emphasis on the correct word. Immigrants. A small envelope winked between her fingers as she gave it to Preacher. "Well! Consider you and your enchanting little whatsit formally invited to the spiritual reading happening at Blackfriars. I'm sure you'll gather a real crowd. Most've them deal with the past, not the future."

And speaking of. Kiel was calling someone else out, and now she was noticing that they themselves were starting to become a small spectacle. Marlene inched closer to her bodyguard, clutching at her purse.

"You know each other?" she asked, eyes darting from Alexis to Veronica, and then lingering on the man who was now passing by because, well, who knew?

azuredreams

Daekie

quite uneventful

Prolixity

The Semblance of Unity
im so sorry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:58 am
      Veronica was startled when she was mentioned, having finished her snack and begun to walk back into the store-- Her head turned, looking over at the other man before her face flushed slightly and she began to walk toward the two. She was thankful she'd tucked the dyed strands of hair in her hat-- She wasn't sure if that was accepted, in this time! Arriving, the young adult offered them both a gentle smile. "Yes?" She asked, glancing at the red haired woman from earlier who'd decided to approach them. At her question, Veronica glanced at the familiar man eavesdropping before her hands folded. "I've been helping them out some when needed. What do you need me for?" She murmured, pushing her glasses up some.

azuredreams*
eyy yo

Daekie*
eyy bud

medigel*
eyy gal

Prolixity
mention!

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:09 pm
"Thank ya," she said, taking the envelope and ignoring the rather obvious word correction. If the lady pushed it, she could just have a ********' foot up her a**. And then, since Preacher's part in this performance was done, the woman moved on. Unsurprising. Preacher was glad that she still had a full charge in her power brick. She knew Mercer had been the one to slip it in her drawer at work, but he was... discreet. In her pocket, she turned off her phone entirely. Gotta save juice.

She turned, although she intended to stick around... and saw Jordan. Or someone who looked remarkably like Jordan. Close enough, Preacher decided, and walked over to him.

"You Jordan, right? Like not from 'round here Jordan?" She squinted up at him.

medigel
bye weird lady

prolixity
hi if ok

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:15 pm
"Yes, it's me," Jordan agreed. "I was just on my way to go find somewhere I can buy some better clothes. I appear to have an event to attend." His eyes flicked down to where she'd hidden the phone again. "Were you showing that off?" he asked, curious. If nobody would remember them when they left, maybe it didn't matter, but still ...  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:26 pm
"Yep." She grinned. "N' it worked, 'cause it's magic, see? Me n' Cortana got an invite to a spiritual readin'. It's at Blackfriars." And Blackfriars was the site of the whole were business thing. Or would be, later, in the future. She wondered how much had changed, architecture-wise. The ethics of showing off her phone didn't really bother her - they'd thought it magic, after all.

"It's invite-only though - want me to see if ya can have one too?"

prolixity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:52 pm
An arm protectively went around Marlene the moment she was close enough, Kiels eyes darting to hers and taking note of the way she was looking about. This was beginning to be something of a crowd. Neither of them were the kind that particularly enjoyed building one.

"We'll move on in just a moment, promise," he told her.

"Your friend here garnered themselves an invite to a reading of spiritualist literature and wants you to come with." Kiel inclined his head towards Alexis briefly and then straightened up. "If you can promise me that you'll dress appropriately," which was to say that it was clearly going to be an event the upper class were going to be at, "I'll make sure both of you have invites."

Kiel giving them both invites? The magic that Alexis performed was worth it.

medigel
kiel says no making marlene nervous folks >( >(

quite uneventful

Daekie

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:19 pm
The corner of Jordan's mouth quirked. "Very handy magic," he said. "I guess it did what it needed to. I've been invited," he continued, and took a small envelope out of his inside jacket pocket to show her. "So I guess we're both going. I was instructed to spiff up for the occasion, so I'm going shopping, I guess." What he was wearing was indeed visibly somewhat threadbare and not really appropriate for a formal party, so it was obvious why he'd been told to find something better.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:33 am
      Her expression changed some at Kiel's words, leaving a very interested Veronica by the end of his explanation. Her eyes glittered at the thought of splurging, and nodded eagerly in response. "I promise. I'm sure I can find something, make myself look nice. When is it exactly, and the time, place? Unless it's all covered in the invite, to which I thank you heavily." She wasn't trying to butter them up, she was just used to it.

azuredreams
short but sweet!

Daekie
ty friend

medigel
wiggles!

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:56 am
"We'll look fine," Alexis huffs dismissively, but takes a step back to let Veronica be the subject of the conversation. This is -- a little too much attention focused on them to be comfortable, even if Marlene didn't see their magics. "Veronica. Let's go - places to be."

quite uneventful

azuredreams
it's lucky alexis doesn't have other friends lol

Daekie

medigel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items