[1969 ORP] The Fiddle and the Drum Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:13 pm
With an indignant cry, the bluejay flew off, successfully shooed away, but not before leaving a present on Algie's shoe. At a bar across town, America lifted her head with a wince and quiet groan. Borrowing Mr. Bitterberry's eyes came easier, but the cost hadn't gotten any lower. She glanced at the clock and noticed she only had a few minutes left to her break.

Swallowing a couple aspirin, the girl got up, straightened her skirt, and got back to work. It looked like the others were doing fine and that the concert would indeed be a good time to try and touch base.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:34 pm
Algernon? Like, Algernon, Algernon?

Huh! That made things all that more interesting. She had to admit, he was certainly cute in this day and age. In a nerdy, way.

"It's great to meet you, Algernon." Tossing the man a smile she looked at Maren who was quickly remedying the fact that Kaleb was lacking in the flyer department. She couldn't help the little grin that spread on her face at the shy kids reaction to Maren.

"Well it sounds like a blast!" She said, commenting on the event they were advertising. "I am definitely looking forward to it. How many bands are planned to attend if you count the headliner?" Not that she probably knew the name of any of the bands, but she might as well try and learn as much as she could now, right? "And this is to celebrate no war and spread love and peace, right? I can totally get into that! I think it's a great cause and idea!"

Of course, Juniper was finding herself growing very excited about the prospect of a concert and enjoying herself despite the work they were to do here.

kuropeco

iloveyouDIE

everyone else! Too many of you! <3

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:08 pm
Algernon still seemed skittish with the crowd and all the questions. Being in a group was one thing, being at the center of it was something else.

"I think it's all on the flier..." He adjusted his glasses. A few band news littered the flier though no one impressively of note. They weren't going to find anyone famous secretly snuck in. A band called the 'Dead Eyed Hipsters' seemed to be largest on the page.

"Maren, I've got tutoring," Not for him of course. The tutoring he gave, "I hope you don't mind me going.." He leaned to give the red head a friendly kiss on the cheek.

"I hope you all, ah," He stood and his bag was shouldered. Alg shifted on his feet a moment before the strangers were given a bit of a dubious glance over, "enjoy the day. See you at the concert probably..."

The uneasy young man left then, politely sliding through the group to exit.

Shun, should he look into the local news as Alg suggested, would find in the newspaper he was handed a short article on the disappearance of three teens with all too familiar names, as well as the grisly deaths of two others.

kuropeco
alg is outtie 5000

blade kuroda
read the news

everyone elllllssseeee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:37 pm
After Alg had dispersed, Shun glanced down at the newspaper he had been handed. He squinted, needing to take a bit of time to read through, but there was something her. He could have sworn he saw some familiar names.

"The teenage trio have gone missing recently according to this," he muttered lowly, a few minutes after reading a bit, needing to have focused awhile to get it straight, "And... there have been a few deaths."

Which of course was interesting, seeing how back in the modern times, the three had just gone missing less than a year ago. Not forty years prior. Between this and the way Algernon was now, something was definitely weird here as far time went. He just wasn't sure if this had something to do with the cycles, themselves, or if this had to do with the tears they were to fix.

"Curious..." he muttered.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:15 pm
They'd see young Alg again later, no doubt. The poor man seemed destined to be caught up in the midst of it all.

"Deaths," Rylan echoed, glancing toward Shun and the newspaper, feeling a pit form in his stomach - not because there had been deaths, but because it hadn't surprised him in the slightest. Not with the things they were up against. That in itself was something of a tragedy. "What happened?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm
Shun peered at the newspaper to see what other details he could pick up about the incidents.

After a bit, he shook his head.

"It does not say. There are no leads and it is uncertain if the missing children are linked to the deaths."

MoonRazor

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:12 pm
"It was nice meeting you, Alg!" She said as the young man walked away from the group.

Hearing Shun's comment, Juniper attempted to peer at the paper that was captivating Shun's attention. "The same ones?" She said as she tried to read the small print upside down but was failing at it. "Are they all around the same age? The ones said to be missing and the ones that are dead?" It was peculiar and she wanted to bring up more about it but they were still in the company of Maren who may become uneasy around them if they started talking in depth.

"Anyway..." She said, turning her attention from Shun and Rylan to Maren in an attempt to pull the red-heads attention away from the topic at hand. "Back to something fun, would you need help passing out your fliers? I'd be happy to help! There's nothing better than c3elebrating the end of a war and the beginning of peace."

kuropeco

moonRazor

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:21 pm
"Their names are the same. I do not know if they are the same age but I imagine they are roughly around there. The two dead ones are unnamed here," Shun replied before folding up the paper and glancing to Juniper. He went on to pass it to someone else, then placed his hands into his pockets.

"I suppose I will see you all at the concert, then."

Kolina

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:47 pm
Juniper glanced back to Shun. "Yep! Definitely." She smiled. "I'll keep an eye out for you. Unless you'd prefer to meet up before heading over?" Which, really wasn't a terrible idea. With how large the crowds might be, it could be difficult to find people. Plus, maybe they could use the gathering as a way to learn more about what was going on?

"I'd feel better heading over with familiar faces." She gave him a pointed look.

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:53 pm
Shun thought that over for a moment before letting out a quiet grunt.

"We can meet up here shortly before heading out."

Kolina

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:56 pm
Juniper grinned. "Perfect! Sounds like a plan." good, at least she would have someone else with and perhaps they could find some of the others. Do a little looking around together. Two heads were always better than one, right?

blade kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces