18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:15 am
          veronica villanueva - 25HP
          +2 persuasion
          +1 combat/agility

Veronica pretended not to notice the smile, skin crawling at the thought but saying nothing. She nodded at Alexis, agreeing with her words before her eyebrows raised. "Aha. It's no problem." She didn't ask whom, of course, judging from the way she reacted toward Alexander's response, but instead came up with another question. "How is Boston? I've never actually been there," She murmured with a tilt of her head, curious.

Seeing a figure approach their group from the side, Veronica's head turned to greet Alexis. "Hello, Alexis. Nice of you to join us." She released a nervous chuckle. "Why, of course-- This is Alexander Shore, of the Shore family, and Alexis North, of the Boston Norths." Veronica was pretty sure she got that right. She was trying not to notice how much they looked alike. Alois, however-- "And this is Alois." Veronica blinked. "I do not think he said his last name, aha." Veronica gave them a worried glance before looking back at the others. "We were invited together." She explained, taking a smaller sip of wine, before looking back at Alexis with a wider smile. Maybe she was trying too hard.

azuredreams
alexis/alois!

shibrogane
alexanderr

Daekie
'lexis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:38 pm
"I'm fine," says Sunny. "Who are you? Have we met before?"

The Semblance of Unity

Alexander doesn't shrug, because that would be gauche. He says, "I suppose. Asiya el-Amin and Christopher Ward are across the room with my cousin, Arthur Noor. And in the center of the room is Sunny Shore." His opinion on Sunny is unclear, since he doesn't elucidate further. "I assure you, magic is quite real. There's been a surge of paintings of The Sigil lately, it's been really very odd." He leaves it at that, and excuses himself with another nod to get another glass of wine.

quite uneventful
Daekie
azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:59 pm
Preacher Maria | 25/25
+1 persuasion, +1 combat

"Good to hear." A beat. "Mhm, we have..." she paused, re-thinking. "Nah, maybe yet. M'Preacher." If Preacher said she was from the future and here to fix things, that might be just a little awkward. Especially if Sunny didn't want things fixed. Whatever things were. Preacher felt like she was bumbling around like a bull in a china shop with all the lights off. She decided to get up before she let anything crucial slip.

"Well, m'sorry for takin' up your time, Sunny." Preacher stood. "I'll visit with ya again." She had to say the words, she thought staunchly. Because a promise was a promise, even if it wasn't the same time or the same Sunny or the right place or anything. ******** whatever, Preacher thought, feeling a little silly. She tugged on the brim of her hat.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:43 pm
Alexis's eyes are sharp onto Alexis, studying them closely but eventually she glances away as Alexander gestures to the other relatively known group.

"I never thought that I would run into someone else with my name," she admits as she looks out of the corner of her eye towards Alexis and Veronica. Her focus is clearly on Alexander as he slips away. "It is not the most common of names."

Alois smirks. "Not so unique anymore, are you?"

She glares at the mortician but regains her calm, cool composure. "He is right, of course," meaning what Alexander said, "magic is very much real. In fact, tonight's reading is in part of what has been happening recently."

Daekie

quite uneventful

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
Daekie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:53 pm
Alexis Tucker 25/25

Alexis does not look at Alois - Alexis does not look at anything in particular. They're attentive, yes, but one would be hard-pressed to specify what they're paying attention to. "I suppose it's more common a name than one might think." Their enunciation is picture-perfect. "What's been happening recently? I have my own personal reasons for being here, of course, but I'm curious about you all. Not a traditional group."

The other Alexis' look at Alexander does not go unnoticed -- Alexis is sharper than many might give them credit for -- but no, no, no. This is not the time. This is not the time. (They think they've seen him somewhere before. But it's so very hard to say, when there's a steel haze cast over their mind until this is over and they can be allowed to be upset again.)

azuredreams
rolling cause i figured this is a Legit Question @ alexis/alois

quite uneventful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:42 am
Darcie O'Hare
Blackfriars Library
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility

For the first time, Darcie wished she hadn't managed to maneuver her way out of those history classes in favor for more biology. She embarrassingly had no idea what the older woman was talking about, but felt like she really should. The commotion on the other side of the room caought Darcie's attention. "They sure look like a lively group." Darcie commented as the other group talked amongst themselves. Darcie recognized one woman, Veronica she thought it was? "I recognize the one with the black hair, but who are the others? This reading sure has gathered a crowd!"

medigel
@ Christopher

azuredreams
@ Asiya

Micillia

Dapper Duck

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:15 am
Jordan Miller - 25/25

Jordan had managed to put together a respectable, though not flashy, outfit before he made his way to the event, a suit that felt rather formal to him but seemed to be fairly standard for the fashions of the day. The library was familiar yet alien, the future's changes erased by the turning back of the clock. But libraries were always comforting, alike in their essential library-ness despite individual differences and the alterations that time would bring.

He could have found a seat to wait for the beginning of the program. But he would be nearly alone in that decision, and it would yield no useful information. Jordan drifted over to the east side of the room, picked up a glass of white wine mostly to have something to do with his hands. He knew nobody here except for Preacher, and Preacher appeared to be busy talking to someone already.

There was an older man standing nearby, a little way away from the cluster of people talking among themselves, and Jordan turned casually to him, putting on a small and friendly smile. "It's quite a diverse group of people here," he commented.

medigel
hi Marcus, Jordan doesn't know you're an odd one

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:09 pm
Micillia
Darcie

azuredreams
Asiya

"I have that sort of face, I'm told," he told the older woman with a chuckle. "You don't look a day over forty yourself, madam."

Following their visitor's gaze across the room, Chris hummed. "The redhead is Alexander Shore," he informed her, mildly surprised she wasn't aware. "An exquisite painter, I'm sure you've seen his work around town. Naturally, Ms. Alexis North has followed him here." He surreptitiously pointed out the woman but added nothing further as to her reasoning for being there; it wasn't his place, after all. "I'm not sure who the man is with them, but he...certainly seems to strike a character."

"It is quite the turn out, however," Chris agreed, looking pleased. "Magic has a way of making people gather."

- - -

Prolixity
Jordan

Despite having plenty of time to notice the man approaching, Marcus jumped slightly and nearly spilled his drink. In an era where drinking alcohol in a pub was enough to get you arrested, it was uncommonly brazen to see someone keep a flask on their person in public, even if it was hastily stashed in his pocket.

"Nothing diverse about it," he stated with grim certainty. "It's always the same to me." He paused, taking in the man's appearance, and began to frown.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:10 pm
Asiya smiles kindly at Chris, inclines her head slightly for the compliment. "Save your flattery for someone more deserving," she tells him, but the twinkle in her eyes says she appreciates it all the same.

She looks to one of the other groups, the one Darcie gestured to, and then back as Chris speaks. "I believe the other one with the group is the local undertaker? Scholz? I'm not certain." Then she is smiling at Darcie once more. "Yet you haven't introduced yourself to us, dear. I am Asiya el-Amin."

Mici1lia

medige1

"My reasons are my own," Alexis replies and looks away very to Alexander Shore who is getting another drink and then back to the group.

"If by your own you mean because Alex-"

"Be quiet," she hisses at Alois and all he does is smirk. Eager to get off the topic she continues on. "There have been disappearances of late and, as Alexander said," another smirk from Alois that she pointedly ignored, "a rise in paintings of The Sigil. I, myself, have not done so. My artistic talents are better put towards things that are unique and not done by others."

Daeki3

quite uneventful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:26 pm
Darcie O'Hare
Blackfriars Library
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility

"Oh!" Darcie exclaimed, she had completely forgotten. Now she had to think of a story... well it was always better to go with a half truth as apposed to a complete lie. "I must have left my manners outside, excuse me." Darcie blushed, and mentally scolded herself. "Im Darcie O'Hare, here for the reading as well."

medigel
short post..

azuredreams
...is short >.<;;

Micillia

Dapper Duck

prolixity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:21 am
Jordan's eyebrows went up just slightly. Not only was the flask a particularly bold move for the era, it also meant that wine wasn't all the man was drinking tonight. What had him in need of stronger fortification? Or was it just that he preferred something stronger? "Always the same?" he asked, and then, noting the frown, glanced down at himself and brushed nonexistent dust off his jacket. "Something on my tie?"

medigel

quite uneventful rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:48 am
          veronica villanueva - 25HP
          +2 persuasion
          +1 combat/agility

Listening to Alexander, Veronica's eyes wandered to the other group and picked each persona out one by one. Asiya, Christopher, Arthur. And then... Sunny. Maybe they had to fix her. She always seemed so important. Then again, if she'd understood correctly-- She was magic. All the magic. Veronica's head turned to the others, catching Alexis's question to the other Alexis-- What's been happening recently? Alexis's response only made Veronica more curious. Her eyebrows raised. "Disappearances? Who has disappeared so far? And what or who is The Sigil?" Maybe she shouldn't have asked so many questions at once, but she felt too curious to hold herself off from asking them. "I apologize for the many questions, I'm just rather piqued. I mean-- This is such a small town. Is all of this happening here or over in Boston?"

azuredreams
alexis/alois!

Daekie
'lexis

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:11 am
Micillia
Darcie

azuredreams
Asiya

"Christopher Ward," he said, extending his hand. "But Chris is just fine. Have you ever attended a reading like this before, Ms. O'Hare?"

- - -

Prolixity
Jordan

"It feels like it is the same," Marcus clarified irritably, still fixated on him. Then, his gaze flickered towards several others at the gathering. "Over and over. But this time...Not so much. A few differences here. I don't know what that means. Yet."

Daekie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:50 am
Alexis Tucker / 25/25

"The sigil," Alexis explained, unemotional, "is the crown, the sword, n' the stars." More than that might need to be saved for another time. It was unreasonable, to tell these people what they knew -- even if so much of it was bits and pieces, put together from overheard conversations and what they'd seen and known in their time in other ashdown.

"...actually. Do any'f you have any personal experiences with magic? It seems like that'd be important to know." It hums under their skin. Not yet. Not yet. They are more than a parlor trick to be shown off and fawned over. If someone desires proof, they will have to ask. "I've been told you're not interested in magic, Mr. Scholz, but it's very real."

quite uneventful

azuredreams
alexis/alois

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:04 pm
Alexis is about to answer but then the other Alexis has done so and mentioned The Sigil of all things. "I wasn't aware," she says with perhaps a bit of interest, "that you knew of such things."

She turns to Veronica, however, as it is rude to not answer her first. "Boston is far calmer in that regard," which means it is boring but she does not say that, "and the disappearances have been from here. Three young adults from here, one after another." Her head tilts, a piece of hair tucked daintily back into place. "I'm quite surprised that neither of you have heard about this."

Alois laughs low, a moment later, and stares at Alexis. "I am not interested in spiritualism. While it keeps me in business, this nonsense of a life beyond death, I've more an interest in earthly delights grounded in the here and now." He smiles, all teeth, and it's sharp and hungry. "I'm quite aware it is real but I've no patience for people who have no real talent or proof of it."

He looks, quite pointedly, to Alexis who simply stares before turning her nose up at him.

quite uneventful

Daekie

"It is a pleasure to meet you Miss O'Hare," Asiya smiles, always smiles warm and friendly, and nods in agreement with Chris. "Yes, have you been before? Tonight's reading will be quite interesting, I think. Especially given the topic."

Micillia

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces