Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:50 am
    south bonfire || Finn, Rylan, Leila

Leila's eyes glanced between the women who were friends. Perhaps she had an idea what that really meant but glanced instead to the bag of lemon bars, thanked them quietly, and took one for herself. Something about the joke seemed to bother her but she smiled through it.

Was Vivien okay? She craned to look for the girl again.

The older men just chuckled a bit at this Leila-from-the-future. Cam joked lightly, "At least you don't have a goatee like evil Leila from an evil universe like that Star Trek episode.."

Young Leila did seem to at least appreciate that reference.

Finn took a lemon bar as well, "With the college opening a few years ago the town isn't as small as it used to be.." He frowned before gruffly adding, "Better pack the hippie the concerts in as much as possible before we all get nuked to hell."

moonrazoxr

blxade kuroda

cibxarium

kuropeco

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:59 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 Southern bonfire. Asking finn a question

Shun folded his arms as he looked to Finn, raising his brow. The fear of nuclear war was real during these times. There was still some concerns for nuclear winters during the modern era, but it likely paled in comparison.

"I doubt anyone would really be stupid enough to start launching nukes at one another anytime too soon, as troubling as the times currently are. I do not think anyone wants another Hiroshima... Especially on a grand scale," he sighed before switching gears a bit, attempting pry a little, "Has the town had any troubles with its relatively sudden growth though?"

iloveyoudie
moonrazor
cibarium

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:17 pm
(South Bonfire - Kaleb Sullivan 25/25, +1 to Persuasion)

Kaleb gave Juniper a shy smile in return, but he didn't quite get a chance to introduce himself to the group. The freckled teen didn't mind though. It was more comfortable for him to just hover near the group, not exactly a part of it, but definitely not separate from it. This way he could listen and think through everything, and just busy himself with superficial nervous gestures like pushing his glasses up on his nose, and picking imagined fluff off his shirt.

It was during his quiet listening and observation that he noticed the similarities between some of his own group, and some people who existed naturally in that time period. After trying so hard to blend in, he nearly choked when he heard then one calling herself Leila joke to the other "Leila" about being from the future.

To hide his dismay he turned towards the small fire. Having been born and raised in the city with busy city parents, Kaleb had never had a chance to go camping, and the sight of Maren's incredible campfire cooking feat was a pretty good distraction from the topic of time-travelling not-parents. He stepped a bit closer, so he could feel the warmth from the fire seeping through his skin, but didn't say anything to the redheaded girl just yet.

blade kuroda

cibarium

kolina

kuropeco

cibarium rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:45 pm
    south bonfire || Leila (C+1), Eve (P+2)

"I'll drink to that, sir," Leila offered to Finn while handing him his lemon bar. "I can't imagine how relieved you men must be to stay home this round. Let me shake your hand."

A gesture she'd seen her dad often perform to veterans when she was a kid.

Meanwhile, Eve looked down to the younger Leila from her seat in the truck bed -- she'd let her wife help situate her into a comfortable cross-legged position with a firm pillow for support. "I won't bite, you know," she assured with familially-intimate tone to her voice. "If you wanted to talk with me."

iloveyouDIE
persuasion roll is from Eve!

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Kolina rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:47 pm
Juniper Wilcox | 25/25 (P+1) | South Bonfire

"Ah, so this is the header band." She said with a smile to Rylan. "That explains why so many people seem intent on them. They may have something going for themselves if they decide to branch out of just being a local band." And she wasn't lying, they sounded good. Even though the music wasn't something she was necessarily use to hearing, she was enjoying herself.

Turning to Leila, Eve and 'future' Leila Juniper grinned. It was an odd sight seeing the past and future standing right next to each other and she had to hide her laugh at the older Leila's comment about the future by taking a sip of her drink.

"So, Ashdown doesn't seem like it's too big of a town. Besides hosting events like this, what do people do to keep themselves entertained around here? I can't imagine that there's gatherings like this too often." She questioned the younger Leila casually since she seemed open, friendly and willing to chat. "I am always looking for some interesting things to get involved in. Sitting in every night is not really my thing." She shrugged. "I like exploring new places and meeting new people."

iloveyoudie12

cibarium12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:56 pm
Chel decided to take a chance.

"Yo- Redhead. S'yer name Melany?" she yelled in Melany's direction, keeping her distance all the same. "An' why's she cryin'?"

Was foul play afoot?

Probably not but Chel was going to find out just the same."

shibrogane

kuropeco

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:58 pm
    north bonfire || Nasir & Algernon

"Like most cooking, careful attention and patience," Nasir smiled, kicked a bit of sand idly, and looked to Juniper for her input. Before his eyes drifted to see if anyone he knew was arriving to the concert.

kuropeco

moonrazor

"Lie in wait? That's a rather sinister way to word it..." Algernon blinked, he'd be happy to discuss museums anytime but it seemed he wasn't going to be much more helpful with introductions.

"I'm sorry I can't help you more. I'm not exactly a social butterfly," His eyes drifted to the fire and then over at the others. It was to be noted that he was sitting alone.

daekie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:21 pm
Ashton Carver 25/25

"So I've heard," Ashton smiled, cryptic, eyes glittering in the firelight for half a second before he turned to Juniper and Nasir. "Excuse me -- mind if I sit? I'm waiting for some people to get here, but I haven't seen them yet."

He could use some marshmellows, honestly, but those are at the other bonfire.

iloveyouDIE

kuropeco

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:36 pm
Vivien shakes her head. "No. Crabs can't talk. Except to moon people, because they probably are crabs." That seems to be her operating theory. "Mama says it's spiteful. But all Daddy's books say that you got to use what you have to motivate yourself." She narrows her eyes at Crab, holding him up at her eye level. "Mama's at home with Eveline 'cause Eveline got measles 'cause she's gross. I'm here with Daddy and Leila." She points up towards Leila, tucking Crab under her arm. "'Cause it's the teacher's association convention in Boston so no classes."

lizbot

Melany, whose raven hair was even darker than her boyfriend's, stiffens with the affront. "Her name's Preacher," she says. "My name's Melany, and I don't know, maybe Maura's crying because there are children dying for a war no one believes in?"

She crosses her arms and tosses her hair, which has little effect as it's pulled back in a sock bun. It seems to be a habit. "What the hell's wrong with your hair, anyway? That s**t's unnatural."

chimarii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:48 pm
Maren Greenmantle - south bonfire

Her eyes were still twinkling as Maren added another marshmallow to the end of her already laden stick.

"Groovy is too light of a word, dee-tech-tive," she said airily, flashing white teeth in Shun's direction. "It's more like, this is a blast. Come on, there's food, good music, awesome people," Maren added, with a wink in his direction even as she gestured around at the crowd.

A hand was held out to the two older women that had arrived.

"Did someone say lemon bars? Tolls are required. I'm Maren."

blade kuroda

cibarium

grey dragon

kolina

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(au) Juniper Wilcox - north bonfire

Rylan seemed a friendly sort, though Juniper scooted instinctively closer to Nasir just out of instinct, rather than actual fear. Socializing, while pleasant, wasn't exactly her strongest suit, and while she maybe wasn't close to Nasir, she at least worked with him. He was familiar, unlike most of these people.

"Juniper," she said softly. "I like, uh...all marshmallows, really."

It felt like a lame answer. She flushed, cleared her throat, and said, "What do you think of the music so far?"

There was another newcomer, coming closer, and Juniper glanced up at him, then inched further down the log, gesturing tentatively to the logs around them all.

"Please feel free to sit anywhere you'd like," she said, then, after a moment's hesitation, held out a bag of marshmallows to him.

iloveyoudie

moonrazor

daekie

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(au) Preacher Maria - west stage

A scowl crossed Preacher's face as she turned back to the girl with the freakishly colored hair.

"You're awfully rude, y'know," she said, sounding bored. A drumstick was twirled in one hand, Preacher's gaze flickering towards Melany and Ezra, then to the girl, then back again. "D'you have a problem with someone crying?"

shibrogane

chiickadee

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:51 pm
"'Course not!" Chel yelled up. "M'wonderin' what ******** go an' make a pretty girl cry. I got two fists, y'know!!"

She waved from the edge of the stage, perfectly comfortable having this conversation a ways away from the threesome.

kuropeco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:23 pm
"Your daddy knows what's up," America nods. Her eyes raised a little at the name Leila, and getting a look at where the girl was pointing, America was suddenly smiling brightly, recognizing the teenager and noticing who else has joined their little gathering.

It seems this Leila was watching out for the future astronaut and it isn't long until she was looking past the group to check on them. America offers a smile wave.

"So which one is your daddy, hun? Is he gonna let you take the professor home?"

shibrxogane
iloveyoudie
FRIENDLY WAVE NOT A KIDNAPPER

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:22 pm
    south bonfire || Finn, Rylan, Leila

Finn huffed at Shun's opinion on the nuclear situation, head shaking, "Read your news. Why stockpile if you don't plan on using them? Don't you know what's going on over there??" Clearly the man was more keen on talking politics than he was talking about the town. But he was glad to shake with Leila.

Young Leila glanced up at Eve when she was spoken to. She couldn't really think of a reason not to sit and talk with the woman, and justified that she could keep a better view of Vivien from the truck bed, so the young woman turned and hopped up to sit beside Eve.

She got the higher viewpoint just as America waved, so she waved back.

"I don't mind talking," Leila glanced at Eve, though still seemed slightly uncomfortable, "Thank you for the lemon bar."

To Juniper she tilted her head, "There's a war going on you know? One that people don't want to even be fighting. There's always something to do to make a difference.." Which was her idea of fun. Leila's lemon bar, in a flash, seemed to be gone. She seemed a bit more amenable afterward, "I'm usually really busy with school though. And watching Vivien. And taking care of my chickens.." And rallies when she had time.

"The town has a lot of nice things to see and do though, art galleries and the college sponsors events.." She shrugged, not sure what exactly Juniper was particularly looking for.

blade kuroda

cibarium

lizbot

kolina

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items