Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:51 pm
Dana frowns. "I don't know anyone by that name," she says.

"On what planet is eighteen too young to get AIDS," demands Shiloh. "You ever heard of Ryan White?"

Jamie intervenes: "This is our community," he says. "These are our friends. We watched them die and we couldn't do anything."

istoleyurvamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:12 pm
Marcus felt his anxiety spike at the outburst, leaning back and turning slightly away. This was why he should have just kept his mouth shut, avoided and kept to the outskirts and walls. He just upset people.
"I'm sorry." He no longer met their eyes when speaking. "I like to think that something so... cruel cannot happen to those younger but-" He took a few seconds to compose his thoughts, even his breathing.
"I am sorry, I did not mean to pry where unwanted. Still, you are doing something." He chose to cast his gaze over to the memorial.

"If it's not to much trouble, would you mind telling me who to speak to about those who might have been- ah." He tried to find the right word.
"I want to find her, she is someone dear to a friend of mine and we're just worried." Zac's face had been painful, and Marcus couldn't help but remember the feeling he felt when he'd gotten news of his friend's passing.

"Very worried."

shibrogane

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:27 pm
Temperance Clark | 22/22
-1 combat rolls

If she were close with either the normal Jeremiah or the normal Shun, this would be a choice tidbit to tease about. But she wasn't and did not intend to become close with either. "Are you... okay. Let's find Jerry, first, then?" She sighed and took his arm, intending to gently pull him inside. Temperance still had no idea what was wrong or how to fix, but she was at least good at fixing people - the blood felt tacky on her fingers - most of the time.

"I'm a nurse and I'm.. fine. Everything is fine, more or less. Though this place looks a bit worse for wear." Everything was tattered now, scorched here and there.

silverah

endejester rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:50 pm
HP/ 21
Persuasion: (+2/-2) * negated.

Apparently he was terrible at this, really, really terrible. What a shock. Except not a shock at all according to his own self worth.

“I’m sorry, for all the losses, It’s good that you have a place like this here that people can actually congregate safely. Someone mentioned it’s your club?”

silverah

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:12 pm
Jeremiah nods. "Sure is. Cashed my retirement fund to buy the place."

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:30 pm
"Yeah, he's..." Shun points, singling out Jeremiah at his booth, speaking quietly to Zac. "He's over there."

He hesitates.

"If something's wrong, I should stay by the door. Make sure no one gets in," he says. "Damn. I told Jerry we should be more low-key. Do you know something? Are the cops on their way?"

It is clear from his pained expression that, in this case, the cops coming would be very bad.

the semblance of unity

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:22 am
"The world's full'a cruel stuff," says Shiloh.

Dana looks down to her fries. She picks up one of them and pops it into her mouth, chews. Something rust-red limns her teeth. "I don't know anyone named Sunny Shore," she says.

Jamie has given up on his fries. He puts his cheek on Shiloh's shoulder and closes his eyes.

iStoleYurVamps

endejester rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:36 am
HP/ 21
Persuasion - Bonus negated by glitch.

“That was, that was a big risk. It’s a beautiful club though sir. The world needs more safe places like this. If you don’t mind, what inspired this? What made you decide on a club in particular?”

“Oh, I apologize too, My name is Griff, well, Griffin, but please.”

silverah

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:04 am
Jeremiah gestures to the right side of the banquette. "Have a seat, Griff," he says, and leans back, resting his left arm over the empty seat beside him.

"I was a cop for a long time," he says, like he's not proud of it but it's not a secret, either. "Raided a lot of places like this. Shoved a lot of queers into the paddy wagon. Played that part for a couple of decades... thought I was keeping myself safe. 'Course, any time you try to live a double life, it catches up to you."

He gestures, indicating the entirety of the bar's main room.

"Hence. Andromache. I wanted to build something for a change," he explains. "Give something back. And I made a damn good community here. Even with all this s**t going on."

Endejester

endejester rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:30 am
Zac swallowed hard, the idea of being rounded up and pushed into a Paddy wagon. The idea that someone with his father’s face would have done that too, it was a jumble of emotions.

“That must have been hard. Hiding your own feelings can be hard enough, hiding what you want to wear; whom you love because society thinks you shouldn’t be that way. I wish that I’d come to this city sooner, under better circumstances. Did you meet the others through the club?"

S1lverah

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:54 am
"If you build it," says Jeremiah, "they will come. Except Sibyl. I've known her for years. She's very well-connected in the art world when she's out of costume. Helped with the decorating."

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:08 am
Rabbit Vaughn; bar->hole; 22/22
+1 persuasion, -1 combat

Yeah, okay. That was what he had expected, but it didn't make it any easier to take. It was creepy, all of these banged up rewound copies, unable to see what was right in front of them.

Unless he was the one who was hallucinating. It was possible, he supposed.

Rabbit slid off of his stool, directing a, "Thanks," at Erin as he inched toward the void, peering down into it instead of up at the stage beyond.

Smerdle

Scamp

endejester rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:09 am
HP: 21
Persuasion (bonuses negated by glitch)

“That sounds amazing, I don’t now a lot about art unless you count music. My mother always did store bought prints of flowers, but a friend of mine introduced me to a Russian Artist before I, well, before I came here. He used some curious type of paint; it doesn’t age well I’m told, but the few they showed me were beautiful.

He was thoughtful for a moment. “Did you know her before you started the club?”

“I wonder if she’d know the artist. Perhaps if you're alright with me returning another time, after the wake I could ask. I think it was, Prividanynie.”

Silverah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:14 am
The void is inky black and impossibly deep, yet somehow does not extend into the deli below.

You feel its call, like when you stand on a high ledge and something says "jump. It'll be fun."

But you probably shouldn't.

Smerdle

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:27 am
Jeremiah frowns slightly. "Didn't I just say that?" he asks.

endejester

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces