Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:55 pm
Chel was honestly just glad that it didn't look like half of America's face was missing now.

While America and Shun asked for answers, Chel chose to say, "Y'all okay? Nobody's hurt or nothin'?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:23 pm
Alexis Tucker 22/22

"We," Alexis glares at Shun, the without any help from you strongly implied (God Damn Officers always ******** Things Up), "are making a sigil, and unless you're a moonwalker w'don't need more volunteers."

The more they spread it around, the weaker it will be. Only as strong as the first one to die. Zac has protection, and Alexis will / has to be the one to take the fall here -- there are fundamentals to follow. There are, probably. If there aren't, the walls will come crashing down and they'll all shatter apart (just like Sunny (just like Sunny (just like Sunny))) -- it's fine. It's fine. It's going to work out. Nobody has died here.

Blade Kuroda
HI THERE SHUN

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:38 pm
Preacher Maria | 22/22

Cool, she thought, more people. They kind of plopped out of the sky and she supposed she should have expected that. "Y'know," she said offhandedly to Alexis. "I'm like a half were or whatever. I had ears n' s**t." She directed her attention first to Shun, whom she recognized, then to America, whom she did not.

"They're right." Preacher pointed at Alexis. "Making a sigil thinger ta replace tha old one. The whole sword, stars, crown thing ain't gonna work anymore. We're jus' havin' a bit of a dispute about which symbols we need ta incorporate." She waved the knife around as she spoke. "I think a shield for protection would work." Preacher shrugged.

------------
Temperance Clark | 22/22

"There's not really a comprehensive walk through on which symbols to use, though Zac is looking to see if there's any more information he can shake out of the journal." She rubbed her temples before looking at Chel. "Everyone already here checks out, but please let me know if any of you arrive hurt - I can do something about that." Sort of. More or less. At least no one had died... yet.

"I like the idea of a tree to symbolize growth and inter-connectivity. But, whatever we chose, everyone has to believe in the meaning behind it. Or I bet it won't work." Temperance fidgeted, thinking. "I don't know if the roles are as set in stone as needed - why would they have utilized so many of us to fix this instead of just four?"

endejester
daekie
quiet uneventful
prolixity
kyllswittch
blade kuroda
lizbot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:46 pm
Shun Kuroda 21/21

Shun raised his brow at Alexis, noting their tone of speech, as well as the expression upon their face.

"So you actually know what you are doing? The apparent bickering we have stumbled upon seem to imply otherwise." he stated dryly.

He shook his head, then looked around at the others. There was a book here. That book looked... a little familiar, though he couldn't see it too well from where he stood. He was going to ask for more clarity on what was meant by the sigil... just that alone made him think about the ones used for the original cage. He really hoped they weren't going to try and rebuild it like that.

"Well, good. Using what the original group did would just put us right back where we were before all this started," he grunted, folding his arms in thought. His gaze flicked to Temperance briefly. He wasn't exactly happy to see her, but she at least seemed to be talking sense for the time being.

"Willpower and belief plays a big part in magic in general," he started, furrowing his brow as she said 'four' instead of 'three'.

"Wait. Four? Who else was involved beyond Michael, Adoelle, and Heliodora?" he asked. He had some theories, "If the fourth's name happened to have been either Ming or Jennifer, then maybe they wanted a failsafe. Because apparently both of those died rather gruesome deaths around the time the original three vanished. If the events of 1969 could be referenced at all. Though... Heliodora had not mentioned a fourth earlier either..."

He tapped his fingers against his arm.

"She said she specialized in this sort of thing, and had been the one to contain the magic. Adoelle directed it, and Michael reinforced it."

Daekie
The Semblance of Unity
Everyone else there's so many

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:01 pm
Chel got a big thumb's up. It'd take more than a spooky hole in reality to take her out. Hopefully.

"They weren't really there, though, those three, right?" America asked, brow furrowing. "They were different to start, 'least in the sixties."

Rocking on her heels, the redhead added, peering at the notebook with increased interest. "I know a shield, but I don't know if it's a Big Magic of the repairing sort. But I can help guide in whatever you folks choose. I heard the word freedom," because of course she did, "so...are we adding a door to this one?"

She sounded absurdly hopeful.

blade kuroda

endejester
daekie
the semblance of unity
chiickadee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 pm
Shun nodded to America, "I know they were not. But Heliodora had mentioned Ming. And mentioned him dying because of those three as well."

Lizbot

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:08 pm
A few more pages of symbols later, Zac comes upon a few pages of disjointed notes in different handwriting. On the final page of this section, there's a list of steps to design a sigil: on the end of the section after is another list of steps.

Creating the sigil is more relevant.

Heliodora's list looks like this:

SUPPLIES
  • Marker/paints
  • Knife
  • Books of symbols
  • Mission statement: what do we want?

We want to prevent the unbalancing of the world by ensuring that magic operates under the laws we know and understand.

A different hand notes, cramped into the margins: It's not like THIS has been done before.

Placement of symbols within the sigil is important (notes Heliodora). It can be used to create secondary effects. (The stars being set in a circle seems to be an excellent example of a secondary effect.)

Stars: contain the power/control (the sword) thus protecting others
Sword: control the magic (michael) and provides power
Crown: when using, ensure crown is NORTH of sword for wisdom. place above sword and outside stars: Doe MUST survive casting to direct the power.

(There are, oddly, no notes about the creation of the cycles. Seems kind of important...)

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Darcie O'Hare
Void
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility
HP 19

Darcie fell and fell, feeling strangely better. The hallucinations, they seemed to subside, and the girl felt her fall from a place of malice, chaos, a broken place, into a place of new beginnings. It felt, refreshing. As her migraine subsided the girl looked around. She was sure she had Acacia with her when she jumped, but everything seemed so, calm, and the girl's worries lifted as she appeared to have landed on her feet on the ground. Some people she recognized, some new faces, were all around a book, looking serious. Darcie looked at the people she vaguely recognized, Veronica, Alexis, the Preacher. She didn't see the kindly old woman tho, or her two companions. Looking around, Darcie tapped Veronica on the shoulder. "Hey." She said simply, as she joined to listen in on the conversation. "Fill me in?"

KitsuneAura

quite uneventful

Micillia

Dapper Duck

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:43 pm
Leila and Eve

The elder lesbians kept mostly silent as notes were gathered and consolidated -- this sigil business wasn't business they knew very much about, but America probably did. The thought that a symbol could be made just with the right meaning behind it was interesting, to Leila at least. Eve had simply nodded with approval and confidence in that idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:03 pm
"I think ... we're all cool." Chel hardly felt cool. She'd just been seeing some crazy s**t and her stomach felt like it was trying out for the olympic tumbler's team.

But everyone else seemed focused on sigils and cages and time travel and believing.

In other words, things far out of her hands. She could sometimes shoot nerf pellets from her fingers. She maybe had a knack for closing doors.

Things this large were ... hefty.

"I don't get none of this ... but shouldn't we not ******** with stuff this big 'fore we know what we're doin'? Ain't none of us seem real smart about it. Michael an' them didn't seem too smart about it neither an' look what happened t'those folks- rest their ********' souls an' all."

the semblance of unity

blade kuroda

lizbot

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:16 am
"We don't know what we're doing, but we appear to be what's on hand to solve the problem with," Jordan said. "If we don't do anything, we'll be stuck here in limbo, and it seems like everything else may also be stuck until it gets done."

Everyone had to believe the meaning of the symbols involved - it was, Jordan thought wryly, a little like writing a paper you weren't totally sure about. Bullshit it with enough confidence to convince your reader. This was not a thought he felt he should share with the crowd, though. Instead, he suggested, "Maybe the fourth person is just human, rather than anything else. Or should be. We're all affected by this."

chiickadee

blade kuroda

endejester

the semblance of unity

daekie

Quote:
and anyone else standing around, so many people

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:22 am
“We do all need to believe in the meaning, acting hastily, without hesitation isn’t going to help anyone, It sounds here like placement is not only important, but that it can have… secondary effects on the results. So we need to consider everything carefully. “

He gave Shun a measured look but held his tongue. “There were four in a Memory that Temperance and I saw in the Library, when I was there looking to see if we could get Heliodora home. It seems that the fourth went before the rest of them, they knew it worked because they’d changed.”

“Also they didn’t seem to exist at all in the 80’s, at least not that I heard, I don’t know if anyone asked after Sunny, but the other thing to note is that magic was common place and everywhere.”

“Back to the symbol, they have notes here. They mark down a mission statement as part of the tools for this. Marker…” (he points to Temperance), “Knife” – (he points to Preacher.) “And of course, Book of Symbols” He waved it.

“They go on to add, ‘We want to prevent the unbalancing of the world, by ensuring that magic operates under the laws that we know and understand’, and there is a note here ‘Its not like ‘THIS” has been done before.”

He gave a small shrug.

“Which could mean the symbol they used or, what they were trying to do. They also say that the Stars, Heliodora, were to contain the power, and control the sword, thus protecting the others, the Sword was used to control the Magic and provide power, and the Crown, which they said to make sure was North of the Sword for Wisdom, is also above the sword and outside the stars and…”

He hesitated and took a breath.
“Doe must survive casting to direct the power.” He blinked.

“And it doesn’t say anything about cycles, that might be a secondary effect. Or… it might be something else we haven’t seen at work.”

"Actually... I had wondered too, if they were always a Moonwalker, a Noble and... well Heliodora whatever she was, I thought human but..." he shrugged. I did wonder if it changed them."

Sh1brogane
He's going to keep looking through the book to see if there are any notes beyond the sword/crown and stars

chickadee
cibarium
Micillia
Blade Kuroda
lizbot
The Semblance of Unity
Daekie
Prolixity
kyllswitch

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:46 am
"Doing nothing is out of the question," he stated pointedly to Chel.

Looking to Zac, he furrowed his brow. Had that been Ming, then? Or did 'doe' refer to the Sorrowful One?

"She did say that Ming died to fix their ********, whatever that means exactly. I do not know if that happened before or after they did their thing. The spell itself should have only involved those three, however. As far as cycles go, it is entirely possible they never saw that coming with what they were attempting to do. Which means we must take care to not turn this into a monkey's paw."

Eyeing the book, he asked Zac, "Does it say anything else?"

Endejester
Chiickadee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:33 am
"Do we know for certain," asked Eve, "that the creation of the 'cage' is responsible for the cycles? I thought that was the Enemy's doing."

Leila sighed and shrugged. "I'm going to have to agree with the cotton candy girl," she added, tilting a head to Chel. "It doesn't seem like we're all on the same page here. We need to fix that before doing anything, and there isn't a time limit here, I think."

endjester
blad kuroda
chiickadee

cibarium
Crew

Noob

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:04 am
Gnawing at her bottom lip, America wondered at the idea of fixing a thing that didn't seem to work as intended in the first place. She couldn't fault Chel at all for doubting, but belief was more important, needed to be more powerful.

Turning to Chel, she began, "If you want, while they look through those notes, I can show you a bit how meaning and such works with symbols. How to move your power and will into them."

chiickadee
An Offer Occurs

errybody else
Offer to ur ppl as well, since it's a pretty relevant time

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items