(PRP) Unfamiliar Waters (Eira "Shimmer" and Blue Fin) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 pm
Shimmer let Blue finish his train of thought. She knew that sometimes you just had to let the words flow and it was best to get them all out at once and figure out where you were once you were done. "That was quite a mouthful." she laughed a bit. "I imagine once you meet more of the members you'll understand that sometimes no matter what you personally think common sense doesn't hold much weight around here and the thrill of a challenge is too much to resist for some. Mostly the treasure hunters of course. They're often up to some sort of competition or contest or what have you amongst themselves. They'll never change. It's a good thing though." she looked back in the direction of the colony. "Makes it a fun and exciting place to live even if we're not in the thick of it."

Shimmer laughed. "Really can't get any shorter than 'Blue' or 'Fin' for you!" she shifted slightly to a new spot to graze. "At that point it's just a matter of which one you enjoy better." she took another bite and chewed thoughtfully. "Names, all names are very important in my family." she said swallowing and looked up towards the surface figuring it was almost time to get a quick breath.

"I'm sure if you're a good student and work hard my parents may consider taking you on. I know my mother has some secrets she's not ready to part with yet for her arts and my father has his own as well. Together they make quite the pair." she paused. "A headache is exactly what it sounds like, pain in the head that doesn't go away after a few minutes and can persist for hours. Unpleasant. I get them sometimes when I've been working on something delicate and precise for a long period of time or if the currents start going a different way and causes pressure build up and makes life difficult. Causes and effects are different for everyone." she said and decided to swim up for a breath feeling full enough from the kelp.

She glanced over at Ice Iris as she swam up. "Well best of luck with the plankton. They're so small they're impossible to see unless they're swarming for some reason." she laughed. "I believe there are some empty grottos near the outskirts where we live. I think they're all colony property though so you'll have to ask for permission.There is an orientation period so unless you do something absolutely horrible you won't get kicked out." she glanced down. "There are two. George is very nice and rather relaxed I suppose and then there's his mother. She's very strict and only really likes seathi like us even though I'm only...I guess sorta Seathi. I'd speak to George if you can over his mother."

Blue_Sparkle27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:15 pm
Blue nods his head in agreement to it being a bit of a mouthful for him to say in the morning, though, it felt good to tell Shimmer what he thinks. Nodding his head about the next part he begins to think very carefully about what to say as her words sink in he begins to nibble at the kelp closest to him. “I know that everyone has their own way of doing, well, basically everything so I do understand to a point that they also have their own way of living. Even if it’s by doing something that certain others wouldn’t do because they could become injured and or killed. It’s something that they enjoy doing for whatever reason from the thrill of it, the thrill of being dared, and or some other reason. As far as I know I will never find it thrilling to do anything they do if danger is involved, though, I’m beginning to realize that it would be interesting to learn more about them. The more I know about others the better I can understand them and hopefully help them if I become a healer I’m sure that understanding them I could help them better? Now that I’ve meet you, Shimmer, I am sure that I’ll become much more open minded about others and why they do what they do.” Nodding his head in agreement Blue replies, “I’m sure they won’t change because it sounds like they really enjoy what they do and if I found something that I enjoyed doing I wouldn’t change either. Of course, if I ever do find out that I like the thrill of doing something dangerous I’m sure that I wouldn’t change either. So I am looking forward to learning more about the others that live in this area to understand them better.”

Blushing a bit Blue nods his head in agreement, “Yes, your right. It would be hard because my both my first and last name are already short so they isn’t any way to shorten them.” Turning his attention to Ice Iris as she continues to nuzzle him so he nuzzles her back happy to have her companionship knowing that no matter what happens they will always be the best of friends. As he thinks about it he lifts his head as he looks over at Shimmer, “Seeing as I respond to Blue the most you could call me Fin so I can become used to being called Fin and it is at least one letter shorter than Blue. That way if and when there is any sort of situation that you need to call out to me you’ll be able to call out to me slightly quicker and I’ll be able to respond slightly quicker which could make all the difference.” After hearing that names are important in her family he begins to wonder what she means by that, though, is sure that one day she might tell him. As Shimmer looks up to the surface he looks up as well beginning to realize that it has been a while since they went up for some air.

When she speaks Blue quickly looks over at her while beginning to smile brightly at the chance to become a healer because it’s something he really wants to do. He knows that no matter what happens he’ll train his best to be as good a student as he possibly can be. Having the chance of her parents even considering taking him on to teach them what they know would be amazing because they know more about healing than he could ever imagine. As she explains a headache his ears go back as he realizes how horrible that sounds and is glad that he never had one in his life so far. “A pain in the head that doesn’t go away after a few minutes and that can persist for hours sounds horrible. That makes sense about the causes and effects being different for everyone, though, is there any way to make it less painful? Or is it one of those things where the only thing you can do is to wait until it fades away?” Once Shimmer begins swimming up for breath Blue follows after her while Ice Iris playfully swims around him at enough of a distance so she doesn’t bump into him.

Ice Iris stops briefly as she replies, “Thank you, they are so small and impossible to see unless they are swarming, though, I’ve having a wonderful time here. It’s nice to be able to hang out with the two of you while you talk as I hunt for the plankton in this area or chase a few fish for the fun of it.” Ice Iris quickly catches up with Blue before she replies, “I’m excited to see what they look like and positive that we would never do anything absolutely horrible and or anything horrible for that matter. So the chance of us getting kicked out sounds less and less possible which is great news because we do want to stay in this area to spend more time with you.” Ice Iris listens intently before speaking, “I’ll be nice to find a place to stay if we are allowed to stay and by what you said I must think that it will be easier to talk with George instead of talking with his mother. Am I right?”

Lady Argentum Draconis

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:34 pm
"It's an experience and when you really think about it, even getting up in the morning, can be dangerous. Float to high hit your head on the roof, didn't anchor yourself properly when you're out traveling and end up in open water due to the currents. Life is a risk, one we take every day, some just take it more extreme than the others and to be honest, it is exciting to take a risk every once in awhile, makes memories we can look back on and learn from and that helps us grow as an individual. If we did the same safe thing every day we'd just end up with an unlived life and a lot of regrets. We were born to live not to just function until we eventually stop doing so. If we never stepped outside our comfort zones we'd never find what we were meant to do with ourselves, or find companionship and love, even if those things turn to heartbreak and sadness we at least still experienced them and can find more meaning in our lives because of it. Now I don't want to lead an endless life of thrills and near disaster, that just sounds exhausting but even little risks that simple as helping someone in need can be just as rewarding." she gave him a small smile and then moved off slightly indicating that that was all she had to say on the subject and it was closed as far as she was concerned.

She let him digest what she'd said for a few minutes before moving onto the next subject of names. She knew personally that her family's position on names was unusual in and of itself. No one else in the colony had private names for use just in the family. At least she didn't think so. Her mother of course went by the name she'd been born with although her elder brother and sister now wore the name their father had called her when she'd been too sick and injured to answer for herself as their public names. Lapis she was fairly certain had told her mate what her real name was at some point, the ultimate sign of trust. Would she ever trust anyone enough to give her real name? She looked over towards Blue Fin and felt her color rising just a bit. It was far to early for such thoughts after all. She shook her head to clear it then nodded to him with a smile. "Fin it is then."

Shimmer decided it was probably time to head back to the grotto or at least back in the general direction of the colony outskirts and started back that way. "Of course, you just have to know your remedies." she said. "I hear on dry land they have a bark they can soak in water and when you drink it, it helps clear up the pain. Not so great for us but there are things you can do to help ease the pain depending upon what is causing the problem. You'll learn all that." she said with a nod.

She glanced up at the dolphin and nodded. "Mhmm, exactly. I mean there's nothing wrong with talking to his mother since Fin is a seathi." she shrugged a bit. "Your choice really." she said.

Blue_Sparkle27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 pm
As Blue carefully listens to her every word he gently nods his head to show that he understands what she means about certain things can put their lives at risk. That it might be exciting to take a risk once in a while, though, he’ll have to wait and see. Seeing as it might take him a while before he’s ready to take any sort of risk unless it’s to help someone he knows, just meet, and or someone that needs help. Of course, what she said about being able to look back on and learn from the memory is so very true. He’s sure that there is always something that one can learn to do better the next time a similar situation comes around. It causes Blue to think about what it might be like to be a healer seeing as every situation is different and every situation has its own level of risk from no risk to life threatening. As Shimmer said getting out of one’s comfort zone can help them to find themselves, find companionship, and find love even if it doesn’t end well. While Blue more than agrees that he doesn’t want to lead an endless life of thrills and near disaster either. While little risks every so often wouldn’t kill him as far as he knows as long as it’s for a good cause like helping someone that needs help.

As Shimmer smiles at him he returns the smile with his own while sensing that was all that needed to be said he lets everything sink in. While allowing everything to sink in he does his best to stay aware of his surroundings which means he notices how Shimmer looks at him. For one moment Blue is sure that Shimmer is beginning to blush all the while wondering what she is thinking about and why her thoughts would cause her to begin to blush? All he does knows is that when she shook her head she gained his undivided attention and complete curiosity seeing as he has no idea what’s going on. As Shimmer smiles at him Blue smiles in return as he begins to realize that Shimmer was probably shaking away whatever she was thinking about. Causing his smile to fade as he begins to wonder if those thoughts could have been about him. He tilts his head just a bit out of curiosity as he begins to wonder why they would need to be shaken away.

It isn’t long before they begin to head back to the grotto or the general direction of it? He’s not entirely sure seeing as Ice Iris and Blue haven’t been here very long they are still getting used to the area. Blue nods his head knowing that if he wants to be a healer he will have to know about remedies and so much more if he plans on helping anyone. Of course, the one about bark that they soak in water perks his interest especially because it helps to clear up the pain. All the while wondering what sort of pain seeing as different pains call for different remedies. As Blue smiles he replies, “Even if that one isn’t great for us I still find it rather interesting and enjoy learning about what remedies work best for what creatures. I’m sure that I will enjoy learning about what remedies help what pain so I can better help others as well as myself.” He just about whispers while glancing at Shimmer, “Unless by then I’m the one that needs help then I’d need someone to help me.”

Ice Iris smiles at Blue before replying, “Seeing as there is nothing wrong with asking his Mother I think that Blue might as well ask her and when he does I’ll be by his side to make sure things go well. Not that I expect anything to go wrong seeing as I am sure that everything will go well. It’s just that I know from experience that it can be a bit frightening to speak with someone I have never meet before so I am sure Blue will feel the same way. So I am sure that with me by Blue’s side he’ll feel that much more confident when speaking with someone he has never meet before. I’d also rather not be too far away from Blue just yet seeing as we meet only hours ago and still have a lot to learn about each other other than the fact that we feel comfortable and a bit more confident when the other is close by. Of course, we haven't been in this area very long so we are not used to the area just yet so I am sure that we would feel better sticking together for the time being. All the while I know that with time we'll become comfortable with our surroundings which will lead to us becoming comfortable with leaving each others sight. Until then I am more than sure that Blue feels the same way as I do about us reaming near each other or at least staying close enough for the other to see us for the time being.” Ice Iris snuggles against Blue as they continue to follow Shimmer to wherever she is leading them knowing full well that wherever they are going is obviously safe.

Lady Argentum Draconis

Blue_Sparkle27

Seasonal Shapeshifter

36,475 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash