Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] how's your mind (shun & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:17 pm
"Misinformation is easier to navigate than the potential additional prejudice that exists. Bibliophile apparently now has a magical reference section, so that is always an avenue of information, as well as having him look for something in particular." Algie's ability to just find the book that was needed was always helpful, though sometimes not as helpful as it could be.

"I'm sure there's books on symbology and sigils, which is something to look into, but something like the creation of the cage? That may be harder to find." His expression was thoughtful.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:35 pm
"No doubt. While magic is a known factor... it is hard to say how well known the cage is in particular. I am guessing not many know of it."

At least, Shun hoped that was the case. Somehow he had a feeling it would make things far more complicated if a lot of people knew the nature of the cages and cycles and whatnot.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:41 pm
"While magic is commonplace, considering that it seems to be rare and inexplicable as to why it occurs or people have it. In this reality, I apparently came into my magic when I was seventeen." That definitely meant that they were likely to not find information on the specifics they were wanting to know to be common or easily found unless they knew the exact right places to look.

"It's still odd to find, ah, magitech." There was a few pieces in his house and it was strange but useable.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:46 pm
"Yes... I apparently own a thing or two of magitech. I am going to need to learn some more of that as well."

Shun sighed and shook his head, "I do not know much about my counterpart. I was never really one to keep personal records. It does not seem like there are many who know I am capable of magic. So there is that I suppose."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:05 pm
"Thankfully it's not so prevalent that it's extremely common." It was also somewhat pricey in some regards which coupled with the other aspects of it, helped it not be around as much as it likely could have been.

Jeremiah was pouring himself another cup of tea, not needing to cool this one as it was thankfully the perfect temperature. "I've always kept notebooks, especially once I started working. So it's a bit of a primer on old cases I handled as well as footnotes about the life that was lived here." A hand gestured towards the front hallway and the other parts of the house. "Never mind that I've got photo albums as well as photographs that are hung up that ... tell their own stories. It helps but I've already had to make a few adjustments to make sure I don't necessarily create a stir."

There was a cane that hung on the end of the counter, there for when he left.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:13 pm
Shun nodded slowly, "I do not have many photographs here either. I imagine there are a few lingering around in New York somewhere but... I do not care to go for the sole purpose of learning these things."

There were certain things he wasn't sure he wanted to know regarding his 'past' in this world.

"Do you know why your counterpart has a cane?" he asked, noting the thing hanging at the end of the counter.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:42 pm
"I think I've got a small collection from department functions and a few gatherings? If you'd like to see them at some point." Not that it was likely to be helpful, but if he was curious and it could fill in blanks in some regard. Jeremiah nodded at the not going to New York just to find out things. Thankfully he was able to simply ... google himself.

Which was terrible and true and the thought still made him inwardly gag a little.

The mention of the cane had his eyes flicking towards it and he sighed. "Alg had something of a stalker back in England, that with all the changes, apparently decided to follow him to America this time around. To prove he was magic like myself, not normal. The idiot ended up causing a car accident that left me injured and Algie banged up. I am not certain but judging from the photos, I likely survived courtesy of my damage resistance but suffered injuries and had to go through physical therapy." The look on his face at the idea of physical therapy was one that implied he'd rather not. Ever. "The cane isn't necessary all the time but not using it during the winter is expected and given that people are critical of magic in regards to healing ..." It was best that he just adhere to it than try and play it off that it was no longer needed and his leg was fine.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:21 am
"I would not mind seeing those. I doubt it would fill me in on much, but maybe it would give some sort of insight.

Shun furrowed his brow at that story. That was... well. It sounded rather unpleasant to say in the least. He supposed it was a good thing that his counterpart apparently had the same, or a similar, run in that cause the facial scar. No one had asked him about it. Things might have been difficult to explain, given how it wasn't fresh in the slightest.

"Did Algernon suffer any similar injuries? Or did you take the brunt of it? And what of the stalker?"

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:30 pm
"Give me a few minutes here in a moment and I can gather them up. Apparently not only did this version keep his notes but he was more of an avid photographer." Which was not entirely strange but Jeremiah himself had never been big on himself in photographs, this one was far more active about that and instagram.

"Algie was banged up but I took the brunt of it." A growl escaped a moment later at the mention of the stalker, his eyes glowing brighter before it faded. "A slap on the wrist basically. He was the cause but managed to squirrel his way out of true responsibility. So far as I can tell, since then he's been keeping low but does manage to write a few trashy tabloid pieces every now and then."

Jeremiah sighed, waving away the bit of coldfire that sparked because of irritation. Normally he had better control but this particular matter irritated him and he wasn't even the one it had happened to. "His name is Viktor Strom, so you may want to keep an eye out if you see him poking around. I've got a photograph you can see but he does look the part of a typical villain." A pause, then a snort. "He even has the goatee."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:47 pm
Shun raised his brow, but nodded. He wasn't really in any rush to see these pictures. Most likely there wasn't really anything super insightful within them.

He narrowed his eyes a bit at the mention of the stalker getting away with nothing more than a wrist slap. It sounded as though he hasn't been causing too much trouble as of late, but... there was always the chance he'd stir something in the future. Hopefully it would not happen at any inopportune times. Not that there was ever really a good time to be dealing with that sort of thing.

"A goatee? Truly?" he scoffed, "I will keep an eye out for this one. The last thing we need is him causing trouble while we are trying to sort more important things out."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:00 pm
"Yes, black hair, a side-shave no less, and a black goatee," Jeremiah sighed, eyes rolling. "The kind of face that you immediately know they're likely slimy and need to be watched. When Alg and I were in England," in the previous reality, "he actually tried to do something, make a story out of our getting married, but was shut down."

Which was definitely code for got punched by both Algie and Jeremiah simultaneously.

"Considering that he's been quiet for some time, it's worth it to stay aware. There's a restraining order in place against him when it comes to my family but I cannot say the same for those that I'm close or work with." Pushing himself up, he tilted his head towards the living room meaning to head in there. "It's one of the most disconcerting changes I've encountered."

Yet not the only one.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 pm
Shun nodded slowly. While the description of the man seemed all too typical, he definitely didn't seem like someone to take lightly.

"There is certainly no shortage of shitty people in this world..." he uttered, "It is unfortunate that you have had one causing so much trouble in this life."

He wasn't sure if this guy would try to pull anything with him personally. He better not.

"I am sure I will learn of some of the changes in my life eventually. Hopefully it will not come in a disruptive manner."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:46 pm
"Hopefully not. It's best that we find out the changes ourselves, more so than they sneak up on us." Not that that would really matter because all things would find them eventually.

"... and admittedly, at the moment, I'm more concerned with some of the more obvious changes. That magic is rare but known as well as magitech." Jeremiah paused a moment, looking towards Shun before he grabbed what he was going for from the living room. "We're not entirely sure what the shifts have done, not entirely, and we don't know what that will mean for us. Especially with trying to put an end to these cycles. The nineteenth should be the last."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:59 pm
"Yes... That much I agree with. In fixing the tears within reality, we ended up throwing a lot of unknown factors at ourselves. Arguably more than we had before."

Shun rubbed his head and let out a sigh. Unfortunately, he didn't really know how else it could have really gone. Michael had died first. An unfortunate mistake on their parts. Heliodora had said that once he had gone, it was only a matter of time for the rest of them. The spell wouldn't hold without all three.

"Unfortunately, I do not even know if I would know if we succeed in the end. If the cycles continue and we reset once more..."

How many more versions of him would there be?

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:38 pm
"We would know, I think, if we put an end to things. I assume there's likely to be a point of no return, some place where something happens and either we put an end to the cycles or things reset again." Not that Jeremiah knew what that was or when it could be.

Then he was pausing, blinking as he realized something all over again.

"I do not think- There will not be another cycle for me this time."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas