Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] a pack of smokes (sonny & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:23 pm
Jeremiah took a cigarette with a tilt of his head in thanks. While he could've lit it other ways, a lighter was produced from his pocket and set down. He would light the cigarette in a moment.

"Like you, yes, but not you, because you're definitely someone altogether new," he replied. "Though that seems to be a very common theme of late."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:26 pm
Sonny shrugged. "They say the other me's dead," they said. "So effectively I'm the only one, anyway."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:51 pm
"Yes." He was a suspect, which he still knew nothing about, but he had seen her and- "I admit that I feel as if ..." Jeremiah finally lit the cigarette, took a drag, and promptly went into a coughing fit.

Not very Jeremiah like at all, in fact.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:09 pm
Sonny laughed.

They laughed really hard.

They laughed for so long it was frankly getting a little awkward.

(They were still laughing.)

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:38 pm
It did not matter that it got awkward because Jeremiah was still coughing. Enough that he was red in the face and having to take a deep breath to try and clear things.

A drink quickly followed while he eyed the laughing Sonny before he was staring balefully at the cigarette that had gone out. Give him a moment, he'll start talking again. When his voice wasn't going to be a rasp, though he was taking a drink of tea to try and help with that.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:36 am
"Oh man," said Sonny between dying giggles. "You don't smoke, do you?"

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:27 pm
"I did," he managed to croak out, after a couple sips of tea, "but two separate instances of my throat being burned put me off and I thought I might be able to." His fingers nudged the cigarette.

"Apparently not so much but I probably shouldn't chain smoke when stressed anyway ..."

shibroswol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:42 pm
"Chain smoking is bad," said Sonny wisely. They leaned out the window, the cigarette held loosely between two fingers. "I like clove cigarettes best, but these're all right."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:27 pm
"Kreteks?" he inquired. Jeremiah was still drinking tea, still looking at that cigarette before he stopped and watched Sonny.

"... though I admit, any time I've brought cigarettes ..." He shook his head. "It's always been something I smoked." As he wanted to share that with Sunny but- Well, the opportunity was lost, was it not? He was quiet a moment, watching the way the finger was held between their fingers. Another familiarity.

"So did the ... other me visit? I am under the impression that he either was very adamant about your safety or-" A complete and utter hardass about Sonny and magic, who knew.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:32 pm
"He checked on me," said Sonny. "I'm kind of a city secret. It's better that way for everyone. So when Chief George stepped down, he told the other you about me, and my father and you negotiated the rules. It happens."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:44 pm
"Rules?" Jeremiah raised an eyebrow. "Such as can't leave the house? Can't go to the other ashdown?" This was not something he expected to find written down, nor were there notes about it that he had found so far.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:10 pm
"There's not a rule against going to the otherworld, but stuff there affects stuff here. So I don't go there anyway." Sonny shrugged. "I don't want to go back to the asylum."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:15 pm
"Something I've learned time and time again," Jeremiah replied before his expression went flat. The idea of them being sent there, or Sunny- It did not set well. "Why were you sent to the asylum?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:16 pm
"Because I was crazy," said Sonny. "I had all this magic and I frightened people. Father is black, so his opinions only mattered because he was rich, and Papa was away in the war. What were they supposed to do? I might've hurt someone."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:59 pm
Jeremiah eyed that cigarette again. This time, when he picked it up, he lit it with a bit of coldfire and took a slower drag so that he did not have a coughing fit.

There still was one minor cough but he needed a cigarette and leaned to blow the smoke out of the window.

"Something similar happen to Ascencion, I believe," being in an asylum, "but I don't know that having all that magic makes you-" Jeremiah paused and remembered Sunny as she had been. Something glorious and terrifying and yet still wonderful. "It is not your fault that you're magic or that things happen because of that." Yet he understood the fear of them.

"If anything, the other you," the one that was dead now, "is the reason why magic means so much to me." ... and them by proxy because they were magic.

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces