Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
( prp ) where art thou (America & Jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 pm
"He's stuck right now, in a dark ball of awful," America explained his current situation further. "It draws you in but then it's all tiny grasping hands and awful when Sonny went close. She could only just get away from it, and then it turned into a bubble of sorts. We found him inside the cliff, in that secret spot. When you say you were waiting for him to be ready, what sort of ready do you mean, Miss Viv?"

shibrogane

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:43 am
Vivien shrugged. "In my day it was common for married couples to pool their magic," she said. "It could be the teenagers who built that cage knew of the possibility and decided to seal them both up. I wouldn't know; like I said, I'm from before all of that."

She paused then, chewing on her thumbnail as she thought. The hand with the ring on it stayed in her pocket, almost protectively. "Emotionally, I mean," she said. "As closure. I knew he wouldn't understand what I'd done, and I wanted there to be a way for him to hear my side of the story without seeing me as weak and afraid of the end. I wasn't ever afraid of that; I was afraid people would remember me the way I would have been. A brain tumor... it would've stripped me of everything that made me who I was. It was already starting to, when I ended it."

azuredreams
lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:44 pm
Another piece of knowledge filed away for later. The way she was protective of the ring, the way her hand stayed in her pocket ...

"What did you do?" asked Jeremiah. "What story are you waiting to tell him?"

shibrogane

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:52 pm
"The sorta death that turns you into a Before and an After, and maybe not much of a person at all," America gave a sympathetic grimace and tried not to think of Prudie's last month. "But you were able to keep a good bit of yourself intact, it seems, even if it's..." she gestured, "like this. Ghost doesn't seem to describe it." After a moment's thought, America ventured, "Life adjacent?"

azuredreams
shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:55 pm
"Why I killed myself instead of staying behind with him," said Vivien slowly, as if Jeremiah were stupid. "She gets it." She gestured to America.

azuredreams
lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:23 pm
"A living memory," offered Jeremiah, though America put the outcome of such an illness in a far more eloquent manner than he could. He was staring a moment later at Vivien (because he did understand but this was neither the time or the place).

"As my lovely friend said: you kept a part of yourself intact. You continue to wait, know things outside if your cycle, and surely there is something to that." That is what he meant by what did she do or was it something that she didn't. Though it was bittersweet to think of her constantly waiting for Liam and him ... never coming.

shibrogane

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:54 pm
Turning her gaze again to the sculpture, America, "It's a long time to wait for a fellow, I hope you get the chance. Would you free him from the cycles if you could?"

shibrogane
azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:56 pm
"This was never what I would've done to handle the problem," said Vivien. "Honestly, I'm not sure Renard was wrong. He just didn't work fast enough." She shrugged. "I told you what I was, what I intended. There's really nothing more complicated than that."

azuredreams
lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:47 pm
"If we could, would you want him brought here to see you?" Jeremiah was not sure that they could but- "Or would perhaps take a message to him for when ... he can hear it?"

Something like she was still waiting, that she would wait for him still. Then, as the thought came to him.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:05 pm
"What would you have done? I understand enough of your book to see some big things they did wrong and we did wrong too, following the same path. But it still feels like blind reaching, trying to figure out what's right. Or at least better."

Eye flickering up to the dying flowers, America reached for one to inspect a little closer. Were they going to be replaced, or could they a timer of sorts?

shibrogane
azuredreams

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:49 pm
"I would have let Renard finish," said Vivien firmly. "Once this whole cycle was started, there was no longer any way to win. There's only ways to minimize pain, and not many of them."

She pulled her hand out of her pocket. "Going forward? I would start disassembling the sigils. You'd need to reverse-engineer them..." Vivien fiddled with her ring again. "The destruction of the anchor-points would work to clear out the dead spell bindings from the first one, if you could find out what they all were."

azuredreams
lizbot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 pm
Jeremiah was quiet, some part of him wondering what the world would have been like if that work had been completed. Still, what Vivien just said ...

"I traded for knowledge of pieces of the Enemy," said Jeremiah. "A ring of with a garnet," the one she fiddled with, "Ashdown, Ascencion, a flock of birds- The rest I am not sure about, it was too much." In fact there was something about the proximity that made his head swim more so than it normally did in memory of these things. "There was a book as well, I think."

Yet how would they go about destroying them?

shibrogane

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:41 am
America's expression turned mulish at Ascension.

Like. Hell.

azuredreams
shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:27 am
Vivien clenched her hand, covered her ring protectively with the other. "Well there's a problem already," she said. "I waited for this ring. I'm not giving it over without a damn good reason."

azuredreams
lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:30 pm
"Even if it would help us to free Liam? That he would no longer be caged? It'd be helping us to help him." Jeremiah meant it as well, thinking of conversations with Liam about walking into the dawn of day after the cycle was suppose to reset.

A glance to America given. He would, of course, talk to her about part of what he said.

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces