azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 pm
"Someone who has been trying to kill Sunny for some time." Jeremiah looked back to the texts and the time stamp. "Second of November but not the fifth. I believe I have the case file on my tablet but do you remember estimated time of death? Was it the second or the fifth?"

He was already flipping around on the tablet, going to case notes. The blessings of the digital age.

"It would potentially destabilize magic as well, though it would not break the cage precisely." He looked up. "They are so much younger this time around, I wonder if the events that lead to their birth are not the same."

It was not, exactly, a subject that could easily be broached.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:44 pm
Shun lifted his head at Jeremiah, "You have insight?"

He hadn't had too much of a chance to really decipher the texts just yet.

"It was the second of November, I believe," he stated. He looked down towards the images again, furrowing his brow.

"Do you mean the formation of the cage as well or... simply the reason as to why they came about afterwards?"

Sunny wasn't as old as the cage before either.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:08 am
"This first one looks like them but may not be so," Jeremiah gestured towards the gruesome picture. "With the attachment of the biblical verse ... Either it could be someone who is a zealot and fixated or someone who has knowledge of the cage and thought they'd achieve something by murdering them."

He was flicking through the report, scanning for dates. While the texts stated second of November, he wanted to confirm it as well.

"Sunny was a byproduct of the cage. She was eleven thousand years old, though that's rounding it down. Sonny, on the other hand, is merely one-hundred and thirteen. So it would be ... the reason why they came about so much later than the Sunny of our old world. Why not the same time?"

Blade Kuroda

shibrogane
can we get confirmation of the date/time of death on sunny? also any chance that picture of sonny with the dead eye stare has color to it? (i know color photography wasn't entirely widespread at that point, i think, but it doesn't hurt to ask!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:01 pm
None of the photos were in color.

The time of death for Ascencion Shore is assumed to be sometime in the afternoon of the 2nd November. The legal date of death is recorded as the fifth of November, the day her body was discovered.

Blade Kuroda
shibrogane

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:49 pm
"According to Minerva... if I understood her correctly, a lot of what is out in the world right now is Renard's leftover magic. He was too powerful for all of it to be contained. Given how Sunny is the embodiment of that... she might have formed from a lot of the excess," Shun mused, "Do you think this world is in the state of an earlier cycle or something?"

Though he didn't know what that meant for them exactly.

Shaking his head, he looked back at the timestamps of the texts to try and spend a little more time decoding what was there.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 pm
"That is not what I was thinking, though it would certainly be interesting. I was simply thinking that there are potentially different circumstances that lead to their birth. They're a manifestation of Renard's power given shape." Jeremiah's lips pressed together as he noted the day Sunny's body was discovered.

"November 5th is truly not a good day for them." He continued to flip through the case files before he looked over to Shun. "Oh, yes. The texts." His fingers flicked against the tablet, pen brought out again to write. "These numbers match the letters next to them. Twenty-five is Y."

Which had him writing things down as he looked at the time stamps.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:12 pm
"I wonder if it would be worth checking for other events on November 5th to see if anything else has occurred. Do you recall anything of note during your time in Ashdown in particular? Granted... these events may not have necessarily happened in our old world..." he murmured.

Either way Jeremiah did bring up a good question as to what might have caused Sonny to come about. He didn't know the exact circumstances that caused Sunny to take shape.

"Yes, I noticed that much. It just... takes me a little while to decipher these things..." he grumbled lowly, "FIrst word seems to spell out 'you'."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:30 pm
"Not off of the top of my head. I would have to look through records." Jeremiah was not quite sure, if he were honest, if there would be anything. "Given the nature of all of this, of potentially how things could be easily changed ..." Lifting his shoulder in a shrug, he went back to deciphering the numbers.

"First one and fourth one are the same: you." He had the alphabet lined up with numbers on his tablet screen, working through the numbers. When he got the the last string of texts, when he started to figure it out, he immediately stopped.

A noise came from him, something strained and choked. "Bloody ******** hell." The letters were not completed but it was there on the tablet screen for Shun to read because he was not hiding it. You did this you monster Jere-

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:19 am
Shun looked up sharply, hearing Jeremiah make that rather startling noise. He furrowed his brow, looking him over to see if everything was alright. As the tablet was turned to show him what was on the screen, he peered over to read. After a moment, he just paused, then slowly looked back up to the chief.

Well s**t.

"...You are going to need to be very careful. Around Renard," he quietly warned, "He practically threatened that he will take matters into his own hands if he is not satisfied with the culprit getting caught and punished soon."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 pm
"I am not surprised, considering that for him his daughter is dead and this Sonny is not the same at all." Jeremiah pressed a hand to his face. "This is not surprising, however," his voice dropped low, "as I have been blamed before. I broke our deal. I failed to save the original Principals- to bring them home.

"Regardless of the outcome, if I had done that? This would not have happened." It was always in the back of his mind that he was, in no small part, responsible for what happened in November. The guilt was kept carefully tucked away.

"However ... these cases? This implies that someone has been after them for some time. Do you have the case file for Sunny in your office? We can take these and look for more cases that might tie in. See if things continue up until modern day."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:48 am
"My own actions did not exactly help with that either..." he uttered quietly. Shun did, in a sense, strike the final blow.

Shaking his head to himself, his gaze flicked back to the gruesome images in the two case files they had pulled out.

"I had some similar thoughts. But yes, that file is currently at my office. I am going to need to take another, closer look."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:24 pm
"Kuroda, she came to you only because it was the only thing left. Her friends were gone, the girl she loved gone, and-" Jeremiah shook his head, closing the case files and picking them up.

"We'll bring these with and have a look at the case in your office. I still need to look over a few more of the versions of that particular bible quote as well."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:30 pm
Shun got up from the ground and nodded once.

"Sounds good."

He would rather work at his desk than in the middle of the archive room anyway. With a nod, he started to make his way on up the stairs to head back to his office.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:04 pm
Jeremiah gave Grady a nod as they passed back by, stopping to note that they were taking them out of the archies, before heading up with Shun towards Kuroda's office (his old office).

Anything was, in Jeremiah's opinion, better than being in the cold of the archives. Even if there was a furnace there, it was always cold (and dark). He was quiet, of course, until they reached Kuroda's office. There was no need to speak until they were back behind a closed door.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm
Shun held the door open for Jeremiah. Once they were both in, he went ahead and closed it before making his way to his desk to start bringing up the case files from the recent murder of Ascension Shore.

Azuredreams

Shibrogane
Just pulling up case file+beta Shun's notes for comparison to the ones they took from the archives.

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff